The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mangaemi

Volks decisions to line some items and not others...

Jezrah

Vinegar washing only works on certain types of dyes. Sometimes it is the reason the item no longer stains, but sometimes all you really did was wash the excess dye out.

http://www.pburch.net/dyeing/FAQ/settingdye.shtml

They would have to have knowledge of what kind of dye was used.

One thing I've thought- do we know if Volks manufactures/dyes the fabric themselves, or do they just buy appropriately colored fabric wholesale from another company? The latter seems more likely. Which means they can only prewash.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

shinegamix
Vinegar washing only works on certain types of dyes. Sometimes it is the reason the item no longer stains, but sometimes all you really did was wash the excess dye out.

One thing I've thought- do we know if Volks manufactures/dyes the fabric themselves, or do they just buy appropriately colored fabric wholesale from another company? The latter seems more likely. Which means they can only prewash.

it sounds like they want to sell that retayne stuff

making my triumphant return

azalea_lady

Here is my theory . . .

I have two white skin girls with five Volks outfits between them (and several pairs of shoes, including black) and have yet to see a single stain. The thing is, none of their outfits are made specifically for DD. They are the ones sold separately that also fit Super Dollfies.

I hate to think that Volks would make staining outfits only for dolls that are susceptible to staining, but . . .

shinegamix
Here is my theory . . .

I have two white skin girls with five Volks outfits between them (and several pairs of shoes, including black) and have yet to see a single stain. The thing is, none of their outfits are made specifically for DD. They are the ones sold separately that also fit Super Dollfies.

I hate to think that Volks would make staining outfits only for dolls that are susceptible to staining, but . . .

intresting . what are these outfits if i may ask

azalea_lady

intresting . what are these outfits if i may ask

Sweet Lacy Shawl Set, Fluffy Sherbet Blue Dress, Cherry Red Striped Dress Set, Violet Striped Dress Set, and Reading in the Sun Set.

shinegamix

great i have a reading in the sun set coming my way. its gut to know it wont stain

Jezrah

it sounds like they want to sell that retayne stuff

Well yes that site wants to sell Retayne. But let me put it another way- I tried vinegar setting Akira's shorts and socks when I got them. Then I let them sit for a while, snd I was going to wash them again normally to get the smell out. But they still leaked dye. So I just ended up rinsing all the excess color out. That's different from dye setting. If it had set I wouldn't have seen any more dye come out. So my point was just that vinegar doesn't always work. Sometimes it was only the washing that actually did anything.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg