Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

kyojie011

custom limited DD

kyojie011

hi, as you have known there are tons of people now dare to customize their limited DD including me, I have DD haruka niimi that I customize her make up and I really love it.. for this thread, I just want you to share any other limited DDs that have been customized.. Juu Yuki did a lot of custom make up and they were all beautiful, no doubt, hikaru as well, totally amazed at their works! so, yeah, let's share our custom limited DD.. and i have this question, what makes you want to change the default make up of your limited DDs?

waha
there already is a page for that: viewforum.php?f=42

Not really, that section isn't for discussion, it's just for posting the results.

Anouc

I am impressed of someones courage to change a default FU ... Special when its a loved one.

I changed only one default FU from my own girls-Yoko. (Akira also got a new one, but she came without FU so it wasnt a hard decision )

It wasnt very hard for me to remove the Faceup, because i really dont like Yokos default!

But like others do let remove Sabers default or Alnas... I am really impressed. I do think to change Mariko or Sakuyas ones one day, but i think i am to afraid to destroy their "charme" ...

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

Error-Chan

I will be one of these people soon I hope. DDS Marikos default face up is ok until I can find the right person to mod it to have green eyebrow for my OC Error. Witch that awnsers your question I am daring to modify a limited face up since she will be my own character so a default face up will not do for her.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Anouc
I will be one of these people soon I hope. DDS Marikos default face up is ok until I can find the right person to mod it to have green eyebrow for my OC Error. Witch that awnsers your question I am daring to modify a limited face up since she will be my own character so a default face up will not do for her.

Oh wow you want to change a mariko-chan. I am really exciting how she turned out with another faceup *___*

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

Shailara

Well, I'm one of those people who prefer having their own face-ups also, except in the case the default is really matching to the character. If I ever get Melty, I'll definitely change hers, I'll also change my Lucy's when she comes (I've been having a bit of a change of plans around, but she'll still have her face-up changed). Millhi will keep hers till it chips I think, because the expression and all are really matching, except if her eyebrows look awkward with her blue hair uvu

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Yukamina

Oh, I kinda want to change my Lucy's faceup but I'm a little scared. I like her eyebrows as they are, but I'd like to redo the blush on her cheeks. And add color to her lips. I'm scared if I try to remove just the cheek blush, I'll ruin it (visible layers of sealant or something) and have to redo the entire faceup Ah...I don't know what I'll do.

I'm all for giving a doll a new face-up, but changing a limited face-up is kind of scary!

PrettyCranium

I've always been tempted to get Queen's Blade Airi and get her re-done, but I am too scared to have the limited face-up removed. I don't know why, it just seems wrong. But I find her original blush lines too strong, and her lip shape adorable. I would love to have her redone like this:

http://mattbd201.seesaa.net/article/269447386.html

So basically, I'm too chicken to do it!

Ashley

If my Airi had looked like that custom one,I would have kept her!She looks SO pretty redone!

Keijogirl

I'm not afraid to do it, I just have a hard time communicating what I want xD

I'm coming from the resin dolls and I think I've only got 3-4 out of 25 ish dolls with default faces and most of mine are limiteds. Granted, I bought them blank XD

Most of my DD girls limited face or not when I get them will probably go to a customizer of some sort except for may be one or two girls xD

The anime characters that I like tend to be on the not so sweet/innocent side, so a lot of default faces and eyebrows won't match up for my characters because they're too happy or sweet. There's only one girl I would never in a million years change and that's Kanu, and that's only because her face is perfect as is xD

If given the option I'd prefer to buy a blank head rather than wipe a limited face up though, but if I have no choice I'll wipe them.

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

Error-Chan

Oh wow you want to change a mariko-chan. I am really exciting how she turned out with another faceup *___*

I do really love her face up but just the eyebrows and adding anime line in the blush but this is after getting the rest of the family home and finding someone willing to re do her. I am a novice at face ups and would be looking fr someone like your self Anouc to help though I don't just expect you would do that but I mean someone with your talents with face up do love your work and problem when I can will get one or four face ups from you when I can afford them head first haha ( 07 and two SQlab heads still despising on the next head... Reminds me I need to put together a character consept for him )

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Semienigma

All three of my girls are totally custom face up and tanning but none of them are limited XD I don't think I could do it if she already came a certain way.

Cocoa (Custom Tan Yukino) is currently taking over my house, and soon...THE WORLD! Now Mocha's here...And Latte too...this escalated quickly didn't it...Wait...is that...is that SABER EXTRA?! and now there's a Yukari

http://www.semienigma.wordpress.com

baldylox
There's only one girl I would never in a million years change and that's Kanu, and that's only because her face is perfect as is xD

AMEN SISTAH!!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mangaemi
There's only one girl I would never in a million years change and that's Kanu, and that's only because her face is perfect as is xD

AMEN SISTAH!!

Billy

preach it!! lol

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

Anriko

I want to get my Feena's default faceup changed - if only because of those GREEN eyebrows. Seriously, Volks? Her character is supposed to be a mature woman, and I find her current faceup a little too cutesy for that. I just have to find someone who can take my description of "like this, but BETTER" and make it into something a little less abstract.

mangaemi
I want to get my Feena's default faceup changed - if only because of those GREEN eyebrows. Seriously, Volks? Her character is supposed to be a mature woman, and I find her current faceup a little too cutesy for that. I just have to find someone who can take my description of "like this, but BETTER" and make it into something a little less abstract.

yeah I wondered too why they chose green o__O esp since her hair is like lightblue/purple

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

mitsuki

AMEN SISTAH!!

Billy

preach it!! lol

I agree with you guys! But I have a friend who did "rescue" a remakeup Kanu from Yahoo! Japan Auctions, and she is having her faceup redone by Hikaru.

Amara77

does hikaru have a repainted Kanu?

I agree that it's hard to repaint them when they're limited.

I wanted an 05 but did not want the limited because I didn't want to have to wipe her pretty face >_<

The face-up while gorgeous was not what I wanted. My fairy godmother helped me to get a blank one, so it wasn't a problem.

I prefer my girls to be custom characters, mostly because there haven't been DD of characters that I am particularly attached too. (Yoko is the exception) Mostly when I look at girls I think "What character can I make her into?"

I'm in the boat with everyone else I love Kanu's face the way it is, also Beatrice is beautiful as well. I've sent my Neris off to be re-painted and I'm pretty excited about it, but there are some girls where I would feel like I was defiling them.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

DJStarstryker

It's hard thinking about modding a limited head. Luckily, I haven't felt the need for that yet.

My main girl is the limited DDH-07 prepaint, so I wouldn't have to change that head if I wanted to mod the head. I could just wait for the inevitable regular release of the blank DDH-07s.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

Amara77
Some of my limited DD are repainted, and I'm in love with all of them

Here the results:

Momo (Mashiro) by Juu-Yuki

8376990656_500bb8921e.jpg

Momo-10 por Uriko Hime, en Flickr

I love this re-paint I almost couldn't tell it was Mashiro. Momo's so cute >_<

Spoke too soon....

Keijogirl
Some of my limited DD are repainted, and I'm in love with all of them

Here the results:

Meron (Aerie) by Hikaru

8082287995_bf93d51237.jpg

New Style por Uriko Hime, en Flickr

Momo (Mashiro) by Juu-Yuki

8376990656_500bb8921e.jpg

Momo-10 por Uriko Hime, en Flickr

Mei (Airi) by Hikaru

8085799936_404045ec0a.jpg

Teru- New Look por Uriko Hime, en Flickr

Uriko your girls are gorgeous customs! I love seeing alternate looks for limiteds!

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

JChiibs

Personally I have no issues at all about wiping a limited faceup. I did it with my 05 who also still needs to be sanded too, and KosMos is getting her default wiped because she has SO much more potential with her sculpt than her character allows for. I think I'm just a weirdo who looks for the shape of the sculpt under the faceup when I think about getting another girl. Often the faceup just gets in the way.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Amara77
Personally I have no issues at all about wiping a limited faceup. I did it with my 05 who also still needs to be sanded too, and KosMos is getting her default wiped because she has SO much more potential with her sculpt than her character allows for. I think I'm just a weirdo who looks for the shape of the sculpt under the faceup when I think about getting another girl. Often the faceup just gets in the way.

~Sister Kyoya

Nope I do too, but sometimes they are cute by default so it's harder for me. I also sometimes feel a little guilty because there may be someone who wants her the way she is.

This is why I want to assemble lists with blanks (like you are doing) and as many different custom repaints as possible.

I came from resisns which comes blank or painted ,unlike most DD. So it was all about which sculpt was best suited for your character. The right repaint makes a world of difference and shows you the versatility of the sculpt. I've often disliked a certain girl and then seen a repaint and fallen in love.

It's just harder to find limited repaints, you have to search for them.

Spoke too soon....