Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Obitsu 45cm & MDD body comparison UPDATED

baldylox

I blame Waha for all this.

To the point tho, I've always loved my MDD girls even tho their bodies kinda drove me bonkers at times. The size and proportions of them really make me go "Dawww!" everytime I look at them. And even tho I have done repairs to their bodies like the kips in the joints and the ankle upgrades, I still have trouble with them posing and standing well on their own. I can get them to do it, it just takes quite a while to make them do what I want.

This led me to start asking Waha about his girls who use the Obitsu 40cm bodies. He LOVES those bodies and can't say enuff good things about them and since I trust his judgement, I decided to upgrade my main MDD girl, Minako, to an Obitsu 45cm body.

I must say that the cost involved with this upgrade was WAY less than paying for a new MDD body and also quite easy too since I didn't have to BUILD the body and buy PARTS to put it together...

The 45cm body costs the same as the 40cm body from the Parabox website, 20,000 yen. They seem to always be in stock and if you spend certain amounts, they discount your order! I bought all five sets of option hands for her for 2500 yen! FIVE PAIRS OF HANDS!!! MDD hands cost like $12 a pair!

So anyways, when the new body arrived, I had to wait to get the neck adapter for a DD head from YJA. A seller called Grayforce makes them and they are simple to install and cost only 1700 yen. You *can* use the default head piece but it takes some fiddling with and can be a pain. Once installed it's soooo nice!

Alright, enuff talking, now let's see pics!

Hey you two, I need your help with something.

M - "Sure Papa! What's up?"

K - "Okay, what can we do?"

8760013894_7bab84f49b_z.jpg

DSC_1168 by balldylox, on Flickr

Well, I need to do some comparison photos of your bodies to show people online how different the new 45cm body is. That means you two need to take off your clothes.

M - "YESSSSSS! Naked time!"

K - "Noooooo! I don't want pictures of me naked online!"

8758886863_1f60bef1bf_z.jpg

DSC_1169 by balldylox, on Flickr

M- "Aww come on Kino! You're adorable naked!"

K - "Nooooooo! I don't wanna!"

8758882757_de26dd846f_z.jpg

DSC_1170 by balldylox, on Flickr

H - "Hey girls! I think I can help out. I don't mind getting naked so let's switch bodies Kino!"

M - "You will? Exxxxcellent...."

K - "You'd do that... for me? But how can we swap bodies?"

H - "With magic of course!"

8760001510_7d910db01d_z.jpg

DSC_1171 by balldylox, on Flickr

H - "See? Magic is easy when you're a magical girl!"

M - "Dang, you're good Hitomi! Now we're ready Papa!"

K - "This feels totally weird..."

8758874865_4f2118e98f_z.jpg

DSC_1172 by balldylox, on Flickr

I think you look pretty nice all grown up Kino!

"Really? Maybe I should go look in a mirror.... I'll be back!"

8758870165_76813b0762_z.jpg

DSC_1173 by balldylox, on Flickr

Okay, down to business. Time to see the big differences in these two! First off is height, it's obvious the 45cm is taller than the MDD.

8758865951_04407dccf0_z.jpg

DSC_1175 by balldylox, on Flickr

A side view.

8759985394_c0fa459e07_z.jpg

DSC_1176 by balldylox, on Flickr

M - "Whoa! My boobs got bigger!"

H - "Mine too! I like these!"

8759981458_aa7c48fe70_z.jpg

DSC_1177 by balldylox, on Flickr

From the back.

8758854927_646c341c5c_z.jpg

DSC_1178 by balldylox, on Flickr

Here's a shot from the knees down. As you can see, some big differences here in joints. The 45 is double jointed in the knees.

8759974914_f947d8713c_z.jpg

DSC_1179 by balldylox, on Flickr

Hee hee, butts.

8759971890_a702310712_z.jpg

DSC_1180 by balldylox, on Flickr

Here, you can see the longer torso of the 45cm and the way the back is cut compared to the MDD.

8758845411_182cd9efa0_z.jpg

DSC_1181 by balldylox, on Flickr

Another huge difference can be seen here in the knees. The 45cm has bigger feet too.

8758841881_10a298371f_z.jpg

DSC_1182 by balldylox, on Flickr

The arms are a lot different too. The elbows are the biggest thing. The 45 has double jointed elbows and the MDD does not.

8758839199_c637eecf38_z.jpg

DSC_1183 by balldylox, on Flickr

More arm photos....

8758835553_994af7bca1_z.jpg

DSC_1184 by balldylox, on Flickr

8758832889_c2956150ba_z.jpg

DSC_1185 by balldylox, on Flickr

As you can see, the 45 arm bends much farther than the MDD.

8759953726_eb438bbde9_z.jpg

DSC_1186 by balldylox, on Flickr

Time to sit down! Both bodies sit well.

8759949706_3461cb9137_z.jpg

DSC_1187 by balldylox, on Flickr

Minako now has BIG feet! And there are magnets inside! More on that later.

8758824477_c31ea83f5a_z.jpg

DSC_1188 by balldylox, on Flickr

Both bodies also do the seiza sitting position well enuff but the MDD doesn't sit quite as low as the 45cm does.

8758820775_89b33662d9_z.jpg

DSC_1189 by balldylox, on Flickr

Here there are from the front. The knees really make a difference here.

8758817053_d82152f253_z.jpg

DSC_1190 by balldylox, on Flickr

8759935590_c30f237411_z.jpg

DSC_1191 by balldylox, on Flickr

One thing I really love about the MDD body is it's ability to do THIS adorable pose! But the 45cm does it pretty well too.

8759932062_b66ba95dcc_z.jpg

DSC_1192 by balldylox, on Flickr

M - "That pose is so boring! Lemme do something COOL."

H - "Hee hee, it looks like you have to pee!"

8759928842_5f1c0b20a9_z.jpg

DSC_1193 by balldylox, on Flickr

M - "No, THIS is what it looks like if I have to pee!"

H - "HA HA HA!"

8758802555_a89e851fe5_z.jpg

DSC_1194 by balldylox, on Flickr

"I can also do THIS!"

Whoa, doesn't that hurt?

"Nope! Lemme show you why."

8759921982_d7330de128_z.jpg

DSC_1195 by balldylox, on Flickr

"See how my hand is now? With it like this, I can do a karate chop from just my wrist."

8758796347_e29b2a77bb_z.jpg

DSC_1196 by balldylox, on Flickr

"But just pop off the hand......"

8758793639_561556b3f4_z.jpg

DSC_1197 by balldylox, on Flickr

"Put it on a different way and then I can cup something in my hand!"

8759913942_4825027a02_z.jpg

DSC_1198 by balldylox, on Flickr

I really like how easy the hands are to change on these! But enuff with BORING stuff, let's have FUN!!

"Check me out! I'm Ken Masters! HAAAAAAAA -"

8759910974_d1ba3978db_z.jpg

DSC_1199 by balldylox, on Flickr

"DO-KENNNNN!"

8758784271_369a5752b5_z.jpg

DSC_1200 by balldylox, on Flickr

You'll notice the large black disc under her foot, that's her stand that comes with the body. It's for those magnets in her feet and it makes posing in crazy ways easy!

"The Karate Kid's a WUSS!"

8758781029_4d6bb3830b_z.jpg

DSC_1201 by balldylox, on Flickr

"SHO-RYU-KEN!"

8758776885_4c746898fd_z.jpg

DSC_1202 by balldylox, on Flickr

Heh, I love this pose.

8759896268_8217bd9522_z.jpg

DSC_1203 by balldylox, on Flickr

Sitting down works out..... I guess.

8759893218_b3eab715cf_z.jpg

DSC_1204 by balldylox, on Flickr

"How about some sexy poses?"

Umm.... I don't know about that Minako.....

"Ohh? Why not?"

I need to REALLY have a talk with Manami dammit.

8759890180_826d161bb0_z.jpg

DSC_1205 by balldylox, on Flickr

"Nyaaa, nyaaa.... I'm a pretty kitty."

8758763231_96065f8da1_z.jpg

DSC_1206 by balldylox, on Flickr

Well, I think....

"I wanna try one more pose Papa!"

8759879302_51860f6ea3_z.jpg

DSC_1207 by balldylox, on Flickr

"TAH DAH! I knew I could do it!"

Wow! I didn't think you could do that!

"Of course I can! And if you think my wig is helping me stay up, I'll fix that. Papa, take off my wig!"

8759882534_45d3fc129e_z.jpg

DSC_1208 by balldylox, on Flickr

"SEE? No hair helping me! It's all in the balance and hands!"

8759873122_8de7380d36_z.jpg

DSC_1209 by balldylox, on Flickr

"And I can do splits too!"

8759869872_2a28e1547e_z.jpg

DSC_1210 by balldylox, on Flickr

M - "So there we are! My new body is AWESOME!! Thanks for the upgrade Papa!"

H - "She might be taller but I'm way cuter!"

8758743017_76c983a626_z.jpg

DSC_1211 by balldylox, on Flickr

And there we have it. I simply ADORE this new body! As soon as I'm able to, I'm upgrading Kino and Hitomi to the Obitsu 40cm bodies. They'll be a little shorter than Minako but that's what I want anyway.... I think having her just a little taller makes her look older and more like the rowdy little preteen she is.

Billy

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

waha

Like I've said before, and will say again: The Parabox and Obitsu bodies rock!

• Like 1

Banders

Woah~ That looks like some awesome fun posing! Minako is such a cutie! >w

Living with: MDD H01, DDSB Yayoi Takatsuki, DDP Akira, DDS Nia Teppelin

My Instagram ★

nogo171

Wow, those are some amazingly awesome poses . And I've never been convinced enough with how strong magnet can hold up the girls, until now. The joints must be super strong to do one-leg poses like that If there is not much issue of fitting MDD clothes for a 45body, I'll definitely love to get one, very very soon ;_;

At home Haruka (Haruka Niimi), Akira (Akira), Saber (Saber Alter), Madoka (Madoka SQ-Lab), Rise (Rise Kujikawa), Yukiho (Yukiho Hagiwara) & Touka (DDH-07)

Shailara

Ohh~ Cool pics *v* I really want an obitsu too, but probably will go for 48-50cm instead and get an MDD for the shorty *v* Because I want it an MDD for the cuteness >A/

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

waha
Ohh~ Cool pics *v* I really want an obitsu too, but probably will go for 48-50cm instead and get an MDD for the shorty *v* Because I want it an MDD for the cuteness >A/

Hence why there is a 40cm body for the MDD-style cuteness. :3

Shailara

waha I know, I've researched Obitsu a lot ahaha but...it's them legs I want ;A; Liking a body really depends on the legs for me and MDD has such cute legs hnggg...really want them in my life UAU *soundslikatotalpervertplease*

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

moonfaery

Nice shots! Love that body!

Hubby & mine's Girls: Kana (Saber Extra), Serena (Momo), Taki (Cirno), Allora (06), Mizuki (Nanami)

baldylox
Like I've said before, and will say again: The Parabox and Obitsu bodies rock!

Ha ha! It's all your fault you bastard! But you were right, these bodies rule!

Woah~ That looks like some awesome fun posing! Minako is such a cutie! >w<

It was really fun doing these poses with Minako! I'm amazed at how nicely she can pose with her new body!

Wow, those are some amazingly awesome poses . And I've never been convinced enough with how strong magnet can hold up the girls, until now. The joints must be super strong to do one-leg poses like that If there is not much issue of fitting MDD clothes for a 45body, I'll definitely love to get one, very very soon ;_;

Thank you so much! I never knew how nice the magnets were either but now I'm sold on them. And yes, the joints are very strong and keep their place. The pink dress Minako has on in the first few pics is a Volks MDD set so those sizes fit great on this body.

Hence why there is a 40cm body for the MDD-style cuteness. :3

Thanks! Waha is right, if you want MDD size and cuteness, the Obitsu 40cm is the right size and shape. That's why I'll get that body for Kino and Hitomi when I save up the money.

Nice shots! Love that body!

Thank you! I love it too and so does Minako!

Billy

salica

I told you so

baldylox
I told you so

Ha ha! Yes indeed you did tell me I'd love the Obitsu bodies. And I'm glad you helped me make the decision to buy one and try it out. As you can see, we had a really fun time with it and I'll for sure be upgrading my other two MDD girls when I can afford to.

Billy

Janeway

baldylox love your pictures and it's good to know that this body can do this.

baldylox
:) baldylox love your pictures and it's good to know that this body can do this.

Thank you very much! I'm glad I could show you how these bodies work and pose.

Billy

yLLiS

Ok, four questions. What clothes do they wear? How do you get DD heads on them? Do you happen to have a picture with the 04 head on that Obitsu 45 body?... and how do you handle all that cuteness???

leitan

thanks so much for posting this thread! i've been considering replacing my MDD bodies but i didn't want to buy new MDD bodies that would just break again...

on the other hand, unfortunately i prefer the aesthetic look of the MDD body because it's thicker and chunkier, so to me it gives the appearance of having 'puppy fat' which most little girls have as well as not being quite so bobble headed as the DD head is on the obitsu body...

yet i also know from experience with my VMF and Azone dolls that obitsu bodys are so much more reliable, posable, and easy to work with.. i've never had a single one break on me unlike the MDD body.

i can't decide what to do ~ even if i just keep fixing the breakages in my MDDs, while they will look nicer to my personal aesthetics, they will never be quite as elegantly and easily posable as an Obitsu...hmm...

does anyone have pictures of the 40cm Obitsu body? apologies if they were posted and i missed them; i'm a little sleepy right now.

baldylox
Ok, four questions. What clothes do they wear? How do you get DD heads on them? Do you happen to have a picture with the 04 head on that Obitsu 45 body?... and how do you handle all that cuteness???

Hello! I'll answer your questions as best I can.

1) They wear the same size MDD clothes as a normal MDD body uses. The pink dress Minako is wearing here is a Volks MDD set and it fits her fine! I'm sure one or two outfits *may* be a bit shorter or something but so far she's fit into MDD stuff without any issues.

2) Getting a DD head on them easily requires a neck adapter that needs to be purchased from YJA from a seller named "Grayforce". They cost 1700 yen plus whatever shipping and handling your purchasing agent charges. Mine wound up costing about $30 after all was said and done but it's well worth it for the ease of use and posing ability the new neck joint allows. I'll take a photo of it on the body and add it here for you tonight.

3) I don't have a photo of the 04 head on the Obitsu 45 body but I can do that tonight as well, it's easy enuff to swap heads on them.

4) I don't handle all the cuteness too well.... al my teeth have now rotted out and I have to eat thru a straw. But it's worth it to have these adorable girls here!

thanks so much for posting this thread! i've been considering replacing my MDD bodies but i didn't want to buy new MDD bodies that would just break again...

You're welcome! I figured it would help people out since I had LOTS of questions about these bodies and not many pictures to judge before my purchase. So doing this made sense to me so others thinking of doing this could see what benefits and drawbacks they would face if they did this.

on the other hand, unfortunately i prefer the aesthetic look of the MDD body because it's thicker and chunkier, so to me it gives the appearance of having 'puppy fat' which most little girls have as well as not being quite so bobble headed as the DD head is on the obitsu body...

I'm with you on the cuteness of the "baby fat" look of the MDD bodies. I like that too but from what I'm told, if you want that same look, the Obitsu 40cm body is MUCH closer to the MDD in style and looks than this 45cm is. I wanted Minako to be a little bit older and a little bit taller than her MDD sisters to better fit her personality and style so this worked out best for me. Kino and Hitomi are younger and more childlike so they will be getting the 40cm Obitsu bodies.

As for the bobble head look, I don't think Minako looks THAT off on her new body. But maybe it's just me, I dunno.

yet i also know from experience with my VMF and Azone dolls that obitsu bodys are so much more reliable, posable, and easy to work with.. i've never had a single one break on me unlike the MDD body.

Oh yeah, this body is amazing with it's posing ability and it's strong feel. I seriously doubt this body will give me half the issues the original MDD body has.

i can't decide what to do ~ even if i just keep fixing the breakages in my MDDs, while they will look nicer to my personal aesthetics, they will never be quite as elegantly and easily posable as an Obitsu...hmm...

Heh, I've toyed with the idea of keeping ONE of my girls on the MDD just to have an example of the body in my family. But every time I pose Minako, I just smile because she's so much easier to deal with and I have no fear of her arms falling off or her falling over due to weak ankles.

does anyone have pictures of the 40cm Obitsu body? apologies if they were posted and i missed them; i'm a little sleepy right now.

Waha should have some pics of it in a few of his threads, check those out.

Billy

yLLiS

Yup, even without the 04 head pic I think the Obitsu45 is going to be my mini-body of choice! Thanks for all your answers Billy, you've made a convert out of me! ^_^

nogo171

Billy

Oh and that is some big difference there, how is she doing with shoes? On parabox site the foot measures at 6cm which is pretty much same with MSD shoes at dollheart? Did you try to put on Manako any shoes yet and how did the magnet cope with shoes. I remember reading somewhere that the magnet is quite strong to the extend that you can even place the base under some sort of board and it still works

At home Haruka (Haruka Niimi), Akira (Akira), Saber (Saber Alter), Madoka (Madoka SQ-Lab), Rise (Rise Kujikawa), Yukiho (Yukiho Hagiwara) & Touka (DDH-07)

baldylox
Yup, even without the 04 head pic I think the Obitsu45 is going to be my mini-body of choice! Thanks for all your answers Billy, you've made a convert out of me! ^_^

You're very welcome! I really do like the 45cm body but I'm still getting the 40cm as a direct replacement for the MDD bodies on Kino and Hitomi. The 45cm was a test to see if I'd like the Obitsu styled body at all and to see if my plan to have Minako a little taller and older looking would work out like I thought. Seeing as how everything worked really well for me, I'm also sold on this body style!

Blame Waha for converting ME. It's all his fault!

I'll still try and get you some pics of Hitomi on this body this weekend as well as the difference in how the heads attach to the MDD and Grayforce adapter.

Billy

Oh and that is some big difference there, how is she doing with shoes? On parabox site the foot measures at 6cm which is pretty much same with MSD shoes at dollheart? Did you try to put on Manako any shoes yet and how did the magnet cope with shoes. I remember reading somewhere that the magnet is quite strong to the extend that you can even place the base under some sort of board and it still works

Actually, I haven't tried ANY shoes on her yet! She won't stand still long enuff! But MDD stockings are fitting her just fine and so are the animal slippers I have for my DD girls. I also feared the size issues with her feet but I'll try and take some shoes for the MDD and try them on her this weekend and post pics here to help people see how they are.

I have no idea if the magnets will be strong enuff to work well thru shoes but I'll find out this weekend.

Billy

Janeway

I can help with the shoes due to l've tryed some shoes on Rini witch is a the obitsu 45cm girl. If the inner size of the shoes is beteew a 6.2cm and 6.5cm it well fit. If anyone need pictures just late me know and l can take some etc.

baldylox

UPDATE!!

Since people were asking to see photos of the neck piece used for the Obitsu body as well as how shoes fit it, I took some new pics to share!

Here are the girls in some new clothes ( well, I've had these for a while, I just hadn't put them on the girls yet. )

8913994556_451b336192_z.jpg

DSC_1349 by balldylox, on Flickr

Now for the neck adapters. On Kino, I have the MDD sized Cool Cats upgraded neck piece. You can see how much thicker it is due to the way it pushes out the vinyl around the neck area.

Minako's Obitsu body uses the "Grayforce" adapter you can get off YJA. It's all plastic and the piece the head slides onto is clear. Minako is holding the Volks default MDD neck part.

8913362233_edbb2bcb4f_z.jpg

DSC_1351 by balldylox, on Flickr

All three parts closeup.

8913349661_3094fd712e_z.jpg

DSC_1353 by balldylox, on Flickr

And now for shoes! I have a few different brands of shoes so I tried on all the different ones I had so people can see how they look and fit. All of these are shown on the Obitsu 45cm feet.

These are from Leeke World and fit very well on the Obitsu feet.

8913345007_1ac07d44aa_z.jpg

DSC_1354 by balldylox, on Flickr

These are Azone MDD sized shoes and they are a hair loose on the MDD without socks. With socks on the 45cm Obitsu, they're a little tight but not bad at all.

8913337339_cdeffd29dc_z.jpg

DSC_1355 by balldylox, on Flickr

These shoes are from Mint On Card and are a tight fit on her.

8913331461_fa7ee6b294_z.jpg

DSC_1356 by balldylox, on Flickr

These are also from MOC but these fit very well on the Obi. These are a little loose on an MDD foot but with socks it's no issue.

8913324187_1d495e864c_z.jpg

DSC_1357 by balldylox, on Flickr

Now these are Azone 50cm doll shoes. I got these with a short cheongsam outfit a while back and they are WAY too small to fit a regular DD foot. And on the MDD and Obi, they are way too big. So these really don't fit anything I have.

8913307577_00439ea2c4_z.jpg

DSC_1358 by balldylox, on Flickr

Oh, and just for fun, these are MDD sized shoes from MOC. They are shown on Kino and they fit really nicely.

8913256303_ddd4f80725_z.jpg

DSC_1366 by balldylox, on Flickr

Someone else asked if the magnets in the feet will work thru shoes...

8913284521_2b73b7bc8f_z.jpg

DSC_1362 by balldylox, on Flickr

They do! But not very well. These shoes were pretty thin on the bottom and didn't hold on to the stand very well at all. And of all the shoes pictured above, this pair was the only one that allowed the magnets to work at all. So I wouldn't put much faith in this type stand working well for your girls in shoes.

And now for some cute pics of the girls just because I can!

8913916958_d7870e17d5_z.jpg

DSC_1359 by balldylox, on Flickr

8913291985_5341210893_z.jpg

DSC_1360 by balldylox, on Flickr

8913896248_e2ea41aed4_z.jpg

DSC_1363 by balldylox, on Flickr

8913235457_4a6cd0c7d3_z.jpg

DSC_1369 by balldylox, on Flickr

Hopefully these pics have helped people with their questions!

Billy

• Like 1

nogo171

Thanks Billy for a very detailed post. It was really helpful so that I was confident enough to get my very first but certainly not the last 45cm body . Hope you don't mind I'm populating your thread =.=!

So sorry for the NSFW pic but she doesn't have any clothes yet but might be useful for folks who want to see head/body proportion and skin tone comparison .

eg7r.jpg

5wt9.jpg

She is a custom SQ-Lab Madoka head mold on a Parabox 45cm body - S bust & white skin. FYI, the grayforce neck piece is used to attache her head. It was a bit loose because the neck hole is bigger but small piece of blue-tac will help

baldylox

No problem Nogo! I'm happy to have more pics of this body to share here for others who are looking at getting one. And you already know most of my pics were NSFW so adding one more is no big deal. I'm glad you did share so people can see the size difference in the S and L busts.

Your new girl is very pretty! I like your eye and wig choices, very nice indeed!

Billy

littlebearries

Is it normal skin or white skin?

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png