Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Obitsu 45cm & MDD body comparison UPDATED

Chingu93

Thank you for this! I was intrested to see the comparisons

Turta

Thanks for the comparisons! This helped me to decide to go with parabox body instead of Mdd👍👍

Janeway

Here is a volks#10 head in sws on a 40cm obitsu body. Going to change it to a 45cm body. 

20200821_170359.jpg

• Like 2

Janeway

I got  these jointed hands and they are so cool.

20201003_112756.jpg

• Like 1

Veravey

What a great thread! Thank you everyone for the learning experience. Pictures help so much in understanding the differences~

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

RikunFrances

Thank you for this thread, it was very informative (and cute!) However... It's now making me want a Parabox doll and my wallet is empty 😭

sinclair

So, how do the 45 and 48 bodies compare to the DDP in size now that Volks has a middle size?

juni-fee

Oh wow this was extremely helpful!  I think I'm definitely going to have to get a Parabox doll now ^^

chef_mai

Although I ended up not going for a 40 or 45 this time, I found this guide super useful.

I'm actually curious if anyone owns both a Parabox 45 as well as an Iris Collect Petit. They're both Obitsu-based bodies, but if you put them side by side, they're shaped a bit differently.

chef_mai
On 6/1/2013 at 10:29 AM, baldylox said:

These are from Leeke World and fit very well on the Obitsu feet.

8913345007_1ac07d44aa_z.jpg

DSC_1354 by balldylox, on Flickr

Hey Billy, were these shoes under the M (5.4cm) or L (6.7cm) section of their store? The Obitsu feet officially are 6cm, so I want to double-check that (especially with socks), I should be shopping in the latter category.

(I'm not looking for this exact style, just wondering which size category I should be looking at!)

I've stuck with official Azone shoes for my Azone girl for a sure fit but want to branch out and get nicer and more interesting styles now. Thanks!

(Even so, some of the shoes are *really* tight within that lineup and I can't get them on if she's wearing socks.)

Edited by chef_mai

ragnamuffin
On 11/15/2021 at 5:51 PM, chef_mai said:

Although I ended up not going for a 40 or 45 this time, I found this guide super useful.

What did you end up getting? Do you have pics? I love seeing other people’s Azone dolls!

chef_mai

I'm waiting on the final head I'll be using, but I went with a 48cm AZO2-C.

I upgraded her to a standard large bust today, and she now fits a lot more nicely into looser outfits, which is nice. I also cracked her shoulder joint inserting the arm in, so that will now need a fix.

Just waiting on more stuff to come, but I intend to mostly dress her up casually. 

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 1

baldylox
16 hours ago, chef_mai said:

Hey Billy, were these shoes under the M (5.4cm) or L (6.7cm) section of their store? The Obitsu feet officially are 6cm, so I want to double-check that (especially with socks), I should be shopping in the latter category.

(I'm not looking for this exact style, just wondering which size category I should be looking at!)

I've stuck with official Azone shoes for my Azone girl for a sure fit but want to branch out and get nicer and more interesting styles now. Thanks!

(Even so, some of the shoes are *really* tight within that lineup and I can't get them on if she's wearing socks.)

I bought those over 8 years ago, I don't think they had separate sizing for them, they were all under one listing for shoes from what I can recall.  I'd say go bigger rather than smaller so you can add thick socks to the feet to make them fit better if need be.

Sorry I can't remember but it's getting hard to recall things from 8 weeks ago much less 8 years ago.  😉  

Billy

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
31 minutes ago, baldylox said:

Sorry I can't remember but it's getting hard to recall things from 8 weeks ago much less 8 years ago.

Or even 8 dolls ago I’d bet. 😅

• Haha 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

chef_mai

No worries! I ordered 2 pairs of shoes from that category and will report back about the fit when they arrive. Unlike most other Korean shops, they offer an air-packet option + the 20% discount made it a no brainer.

• Like 1

baldylox
22 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Or even 8 dolls ago I’d bet. 😅

You shut your sass mouth when you're talking to me!  😛 

Billy

• Haha 3

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Oculae

Hoping this is the best topic to ask this...Could anyone with an MDD and an Obitsu 45-50 (anyone in that range works!) show me how MDD hands look on the Obitsu? I plan on doing some hybridization to the frame to make them work mechanically, I just want to confirm that the vinyl pieces look good with each other!

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Noxxbunny
2 hours ago, Oculae said:

Hoping this is the best topic to ask this...Could anyone with an MDD and an Obitsu 45-50 (anyone in that range works!) show me how MDD hands look on the Obitsu? I plan on doing some hybridization to the frame to make them work mechanically, I just want to confirm that the vinyl pieces look good with each other!

Hopefully this helps? I couldn't get the actual pieces together while assembled because the MDD wrist is too long for the Obitsu frame just a little bit.

hand3.jpg.c949fb5af3c5c568c4c0bae4075ce465.jpg

Here's the MDD hand on the Obitsu wrist frame. The body is 45cm. As well as a DDP hand on the other side lol.

hands1.jpg.fc2224abddbce91259236f86fb0833e5.jpg

Sorry for the color mismatch but my tan MDD hands were the only ones I had loose without a wrist part already attached lol.

• Thanks 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Oculae

YES this is perfect! They look exactly as I'd hoped, thanks!

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

sugarbeta

This is such a useful reference! The Obitsu posing really is bonkers impressive. Mobility often seems at odds with aesthetics that way. Then again, the fact that the Obitsu is so much less expensive than an MDD likely plays a part as well.

The color comparison photos are much appreciated as well! Much to think about here...

ethso

Oh cool ! I never realised that MDD hand was cute little size hand for obitsu 45 ! Good to know :)

Fayoka

I am wondering if anyone here can help me figure out if I can do the opposite-- fit an Iris Collect Petit head onto an MDD body? If anyone has one please help me! I really love one of these dolls but I don't like the way the Obitsu knees look (even if they articulate better) 😭

Also, the doll I'm looking at is "whity" color so I'm guessing that would be a close match to DD NS after reading the thread.

MeowMilk
On 10/4/2020 at 12:37 AM, Janeway said:

I got  these jointed hands and they are so cool.

20201003_112756.jpg

I know this is an old post but I thought I'd try it anyway: Do you remember where you got these hands? I've been wanting to get some jointed hands and these look perfect!

Edited by MeowMilk

chef_mai
6 minutes ago, MeowMilk said:

I know this is an old post but I thought I'd try it anyway: Do you remember where you got these hands? I've been wanting to get some jointed hands and these look perfect!

They're sold by this dealer in Japan. You'll need to use a proxy, and the lead time can be a month or two

https://gensoushop.cart.fc2.com/

If this is for an Obitsu, make sure to buy the ones for Obitsu. You'll also need to wrap a bit of tape around the rod part to get it to fit properly.

I'm thinking about letting go of my pair (for Obitsu) since I haven't been using them in lieu of normal hands. If you're interested, we can talk about it after you qualify for the marketplace here.

• Like 1

MeowMilk
2 hours ago, chef_mai said:

They're sold by this dealer in Japan. You'll need to use a proxy, and the lead time can be a month or two

https://gensoushop.cart.fc2.com/

If this is for an Obitsu, make sure to buy the ones for Obitsu. You'll also need to wrap a bit of tape around the rod part to get it to fit properly.

I'm thinking about letting go of my pair (for Obitsu) since I haven't been using them in lieu of normal hands. If you're interested, we can talk about it after you qualify for the marketplace here.

ty! unfortunately seems like most stuff is sold out right now but ill keep an eye on it

And thanks for the offer, but I think it's gonna be ages before I can get qualified for the marketplace since i don't have much to post 😅