baldylox

Yep, it's time for Maid Boot Camp!

Kat - "So Papa tells me you're ready to be a maid. Is this true dear?"

9570872429_dd987ac16a_z.jpg

_DSC0143 by balldylox, on Flickr

"Y...yes... yes maam! I want... I wanna be a maid like you and Rei!"

9570864623_2c703b720f_z.jpg

_DSC0144 by balldylox, on Flickr

"That's wonderful my dear Kino! So let's get down to it. First we need to make sure your maid uniform is up to code."

9573653776_81116807c8_z.jpg

_DSC0145 by balldylox, on Flickr

"Up to code? What's that mean? Isn't it cute enuff?"

9570847699_0061267571_z.jpg

_DSC0146 by balldylox, on Flickr

Kat - "Oh yes, it's quite adorable. I just need to make sure it's up to snuff for Rei's vision of a maid uniform. On the front, we'll need to trim that one errant thread but other than that, it looks just fine."

9573637382_c89201deda_z.jpg

_DSC0147 by balldylox, on Flickr

Kino - "How about the top? Is it okay?"

Kat - "Oh yes, it looks very good."

9570829633_c7f4900c3a_z.jpg

_DSC0148 by balldylox, on Flickr

Kat - "Now spin around so I can check the ba... oh my!"

Kino - "Wh..what? What's wrong?"

Kat - "Hee hee, nothings wrong Kino, I just didn't figure you would choose such a sexy style for your uniform! An open back is quite the statement."

Kino - "Ahh! It wasn't me! I didn't do it! Papa bought it like this!"

9570820177_3ceb884a38_z.jpg

_DSC0149 by balldylox, on Flickr

Kat - "Shhh little one, it's fine. Some of your older sisters uniforms are WAY more showy and sexy than yours so it's quite alright."

Kino - "You... you had me scared!"

Kat - "I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean to. But you're good to go Kino, you pass inspection with flying colors!"

Kino - "Yay! Does this mean I can start doing maid stuff now?"

9570810569_0aac87bca5_z.jpg

_DSC0150 by balldylox, on Flickr

"Yes indeed it does. And we'll start here with Papa's antique clock. It needs to be cleaned badly."

9573599210_b159b7dc2d_z.jpg

_DSC0151 by balldylox, on Flickr

"Papa gets busy sometimes and doesn't clean like he should so it's up to us to get things perfect."

9573589794_683c868bd1_z.jpg

_DSC0152 by balldylox, on Flickr

Kat - "Let's start up top with the dust. See how much is here?"

Kino - "Wow, there's a lot!"

Kat - "Indeed there is. And what do we use to clean that up?"

9573579968_8779d56d3c_z.jpg

_DSC0153 by balldylox, on Flickr

"A duster of course!"

9573570906_e6266695ca_z.jpg

_DSC0154 by balldylox, on Flickr

Kat - "See? It's quite simple to dust, you just whisk this across the surface like so..."

Kino - "Ohhh... I see..."

9570764379_ba97f007e8_z.jpg

_DSC0155 by balldylox, on Flickr

"I found this, will it work too?"

9570756257_262f4f6315_z.jpg

_DSC0156 by balldylox, on Flickr

Kat - "Yes it will, go ahead and get that side of the clock for me."

Kino - "Okay!"

9573541032_ec4afbd557_z.jpg

_DSC0157 by balldylox, on Flickr

"Very good Kino, you catch on quickly!"

9570733547_6f6f31dde2_z.jpg

_DSC0158 by balldylox, on Flickr

Kat - "Now we need to clean the inside too. Please be gentle with the inner workings, they're well over a hundred and twenty years old."

Kino - "I'll be careful!"

9570724307_b94f49fa98_z.jpg

_DSC0159 by balldylox, on Flickr

Kino - "I think I got it."

Kat - "I think so too."

9570715677_62aa4dc4b9_z.jpg

_DSC0160 by balldylox, on Flickr

Kino - "So.... so did I do okay Miss Katerina?"

Kat - "You did a fine job Kino. I'll be sure to let Rei know that you're well on your way to being a top notch maid."

Kino - "Oh boy!"

9570702615_a81d252125_z.jpg

_DSC0161 by balldylox, on Flickr

A big thanks to USAGundamfreak for making these dusters for my girls! They worked out really well sir. And the girls liked them too.

9573489220_7a66d39809_z.jpg

_DSC0162 by balldylox, on Flickr

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Sekitan no Hashira

Wow, first reply. I feel so very important. I really like Kino's maid dress, it's cute and maybe just a tiny bit sexy, but still fitting for her age (er… size?). Those arm warmer-ish things she has are my favorite parts of the costume. She looks like she's well on her way to becoming a master of the art!

Specializing in the art of being different, which is a polite way of saying "weird."

I do think I'm too young for this hobby…

Silverwing

So cute!!! Kino's just adorable in that little maid outfit! She looks so happy to be carrying out maid duties too. That pic of her with the feather duster just put me over the top, and I had to "Dawwwww!" out loud. I really shouldn't read these at work.

lovely story as always!

P.S. Kat is gorgeous, but I can't seem to place her sculpt. I'm starting to reconize the different sculpts and image characters but I don't reconize her. Is she a custom?

baldylox
Wow, first reply. I feel so very important. I really like Kino's maid dress, it's cute and maybe just a tiny bit sexy, but still fitting for her age (er… size?). Those arm warmer-ish things she has are my favorite parts of the costume. She looks like she's well on her way to becoming a master of the art!

Ha ha! Is it special to be the first reply on one of my stories now? I find that hilarious for some reason.

Thank you very much tho, I'm glad you enjoyed the story and Kino. I wasn't aiming for sexy at all for her but the backless design does show a little more skin than she would prefer. But Katerina made sure to let Kino know she's fine with it so everything will be good. And yes, Kino seems VERY interested in maid duties, I think it goes back to her past life as Minako's head servant and protector.

So cute!!! Kino's just adorable in that little maid outfit! She looks so happy to be carrying out maid duties too. That pic of her with the feather duster just put me over the top, and I had to "Dawwwww!" out loud. I really shouldn't read these at work. Lovely story as always!

Thank you so much! I love Kino in her maid uniform too, it really worked out nicely for her. And I love that pic of her with the duster too, I think it's my fave.

P.S. Kat is gorgeous, but I can't seem to place her sculpt. I'm starting to reconize the different sculpts and image characters but I don't recognize her. Is she a custom?

Thank you! I love Kat, she's a beauty for sure. She's a custom repaint so you were half right. Her sculpt is the head from Shino but her eyes have been made larger and her nose made smaller by modding. I'm going to steal a pic from Archangeli because she has an unmodded Shino in her family so you can see how she used to look.

7197930770_938d7a1fbe_z.jpg

Above, you can see how Kat's mouth is exactly the same as Archangeli's girls is. But Kat's eye holes are shaped differently and made larger and her nose has been made smaller and more rounded. And here is a closeup of Kat so you can see the differences easier:

8577711589_1a1bec84b5_z.jpg

DSC_0452 by balldylox, on Flickr

Katerina is my only DD who has eyelashes and I just love how they look on her.

Billy

Bouncing_Tigger

Kino is totally and entirely adorable!! I love the one where she is listening and watching so intently, finger in mouth, as Kat dusts the top of the clock! Masterful posing! She's going to make a great addition to the maid brigade!

baldylox
Kino is totally and entirely adorable!! I love the one where she is listening and watching so intently, finger in mouth, as Kat dusts the top of the clock! Masterful posing! She's going to make a great addition to the maid brigade!

Thanks so much! I do love my little Kino...

And thanks about the posing, I do try and get them to pose as realistically as possible when I do my stories. It takes time but I think it's worth it when people like you enjoy it.

Now I just need a few more maid sets for my little ones and I can complete The Maid Brigade!

Billy

Marq V

Before I saw the words in parenthesis, in the subject line, "MIT" caught my eye so I thought of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Well, if Kino ever gets tired of maid work you'll have to pay her way to MIT so she can get her degree in engineering. Perhaps, robotics?

Galfriends at home:

DD: Yoko, Yui, & Briana Rei

Resin: Tatiana, Leda, Miyoi, Tana,... & Gena<3

Bouncing_Tigger
Now I just need a few more maid sets for my little ones and I can complete The Maid Brigade!

So will we soon be seeing a "Mini Maid Brigade" and a "Maxi Maid Brigade"? That should make for some interesting competitions around your household!!

baldylox
Before I saw the words in parenthesis, in the subject line, "MIT" caught my eye so I thought of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Ha ha! I figured SOMEONE would think that!

Well, if Kino ever gets tired of maid work you'll have to pay her way to MIT so she can get her degree in engineering. Perhaps, robotics?

Yeah, like I could afford that! If she goes to any school it will be here at home with Rei and Mamimi as her teachers. I think between those two, Kino could learn a lot.

So will we soon be seeing a "Mini Maid Brigade" and a "Maxi Maid Brigade"? That should make for some interesting competitions around your household!!

Well, I don't think we have a need for two factions/sections of The Maid Brigade here so I doubt we'll get a Mini and Maxi designation. But you WILL see all of my girls in their Battle Maid gear in the near future. I only need a few more sets and all my girls, small and large, will have their own maid uniforms. Once this happens, it will be hell to keep that group from trying to take over the world!

As for any competitions, most of my maids only dress the part and do no real maid duties. Rei, Kino, Katerina, Mamimi, Sango and one or two others are the only ones interested in cleaning and housework. The others are in it either for the cute or sexy clothes and the playtime with weapons. LOL

Billy

Silverwing

Thank you! I love Kat, she's a beauty for sure. She's a custom repaint so you were half right. Her sculpt is the head from Shino but her eyes have been made larger and her nose made smaller by modding. I'm going to steal a pic from Archangeli because she has an unmodded Shino in her family so you can see how she used to look.

Katerina is my only DD who has eyelashes and I just love how they look on her.

Billy

Oh, I see now! I always liked the Shino head. (Who am I kidding. I like them all. ) but the mods worked out beautifully for kat. those eyes and lashes are perfect for her.

Bouncing_Tigger

As for any competitions, most of my maids only dress the part and do no real maid duties.

Billy

Well, rats!!! I was hoping I could have my girls watch one of your photo stories and they could learn all of the maid duties so I wouldn't have to do it any more! Goodness knows we could use a few good maids around our house right now!! *sigh -- another great idea shot to hell*

baldylox
Oh, I see now! I always liked the Shino head. (Who am I kidding. I like them all. ) but the mods worked out beautifully for kat. those eyes and lashes are perfect for her.

To tell you the truth, I used to think Kat was the Estel Freesia/Feena Earthlight head mold because that's what I was told. But I never thought the mouths were the same on those heads and you can tell by looking at Kat's mouth that it hasn't been altered. So after some deliberation the other night with a good friend, we determined that Kat is actually a modded Shino. The mouths are identical and so is the overall shape of the face.

I agree that Kat's mods worked out perfectly for her, she's really one of a kind and beautiful. And thanks again for the compliments on her!

Well, rats!!! I was hoping I could have my girls watch one of your photo stories and they could learn all of the maid duties so I wouldn't have to do it any more! Goodness knows we could use a few good maids around our house right now!! *sigh -- another great idea shot to hell*

Ha ha! Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have some of the girls doing maid stuff in the near future so don't give up hope just yet! As I said, SOME of them enjoy playing maid and really do a great job of it. I just have to catch them doing it so I can get pics to share.

Billy

JChiibs

Yay, a Kino story!! So many cute pics that I don't think I could really decide on one! The red looks perfect on her and I love the ruffles and lace. Kino cuteness overload!!

*giggle, giggle*

*THUMP*

Mommy? Mommy... Are you ok? You fell out of your chair.

*giggles come from the floor*

Cutie Kino hugs... in pretty dresses... and tap dance-y shoes...

*more giggles*

I will finish the letter for you, ok Mommy?

*Tama-chan peers over the edge of the desk and just shakes his head*

Hi Kino, it's Tamayuki. Me and Mommy think its great that you get to be a maid! I think you will do a really great job! I'm glad that my sisters don't have a feather duster. They would chase me with it. My Daddy might too. He likes to tickle and finds it really funny. Mommy has to pretend like she isn't ticklish so Daddy doesn't tickle her all the time. It would make her skin hurt.

I don't really think any of my sisters would want to be maids. Maybe Ringo would if it didn't get the pretty dresses dirty. Naiomi keeps herself super busy so I don't think she would have time. Yuriko would start in the fridge and just eat all the treats. I don't think that's the right way to clean out the fridge. Rainie and my friend Dolly kinda like to make messes... Dolly makes lots of messes. Mommy calls him Mr. Mess Maker. I have to clean up after him a lot. I do a good job putting my things away too. Well, Mommy kinda has to remind me to hang my clothes up. Sometimes she says that I leave my shoes and socks all over the place like Daddy. Oops... I will try to do better with that.

Naiomi said that Katerina's dress is really pretty and looks like one she would want. She would keep it in her costume trunk though. She likes to think up lots of costumes to make. Maybe someday Mommy or Naiomi can make me a butler outfit. I think that would be funny. Maybe one for Dolly too. I could tell him it was a spy disguise so he would wear it.

Do a great job ok?

~Tamayuki

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Cazzie_Bliss

Ah >/////< Kino makes such a cute little maid!

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

baldylox
Ah >/////< Kino makes such a cute little maid!

Thank you very much!

And to SK and Tama-kun... thank you too! I do hope SK managed to wake up after her sudden bloodloss episode. Kino seemed to be happy that you two enjoyed her maid uniform and the story but she was too embarrassed to write anything herself. So I'll just say a big thanks from her as well!

Katerina was also happy to hear that Naiomi likes her maid uniform! Kat is VERY particular and that set is her favorite thing to wear. if Rei hadn't of told her she had to wear casual clothes sometimes, Kat would wear that maid uniform EVERY DAY! So it makes her happy that other girls like it enuff to want one too.

Billy

Ravendruid

Kino.... In a maid uniform.... with a meganeko.... also in a maid uniform.... Those dusters are fantastic! Kino's looks almost exactly like the ones we used at my old job for dusting off the shelves.

But, the REAL star of this story is that clock!!! Where did you find that? Or is it an heirloom? it is simply gorgeous! I love how the spring is so clearly visible when you open it up. Does it still run? Do you keep it wound? I saw that the key was inside, those are so often the first things to get lost. It looks very well taken care of. I also love that it looks like it could almost be a small grandfather clock in relation to the girls.

It will be neat to see the entire Baldylox chapter of the Maid Brigade once it gets completed. Evil (and dirt) had better stay WELL clear of your neighborhood then.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

baldylox
Kino.... In a maid uniform.... with a meganeko.... also in a maid uniform.... Those dusters are fantastic! Kino's looks almost exactly like the ones we used at my old job for dusting off the shelves.

Hee hee, it looks like you enjoyed the story for sure. Thanks about my girls, I appreciate it! And the dusters are really cool, my friend Tim made them for me and he did a great job.

But, the REAL star of this story is that clock!!! Where did you find that? Or is it an heirloom? it is simply gorgeous! I love how the spring is so clearly visible when you open it up. Does it still run? Do you keep it wound? I saw that the key was inside, those are so often the first things to get lost. It looks very well taken care of. I also love that it looks like it could almost be a small grandfather clock in relation to the girls.

Thanks! That clock has been in my family for a LONG time. I think it was made between 1858 and 1870 by Graham and Co. Clocks in Connecticut. My grandparents had it with them and when they passed away, it was given to me. It's all original except for the small hinges on the front and I have all the parts for it including two different styled keys. It does still work just fine but I don't keep it wound because the chimes for it are EXTREMELY loud and always scare the crap out of me when they go off.

As for the size of it for the girls and it being a grandfather clock, I agree. The sounds it makes really are amazing for it's size. It's actually quite similar sounding to the real grandfather clock my parents have that my great great grandfather built himself. That one was finished on July 4th 1903 and is really awesome.

It will be neat to see the entire Baldylox chapter of the Maid Brigade once it gets completed. Evil (and dirt) had better stay WELL clear of your neighborhood then.

I look forward to seeing this as well! I only need a few more uniforms to complete the Brigade wardrobe and I hope to be finished before the end of the year so I can share photos with everyone. I doubt dirt will be too worried about my girls but any evil or neighborhood squirrels best be wary!

Billy

ChasityCallan

Awww Kino is such a cutie! I love her maid dress x

archangeli

I love the little feather duster Little props like that amuse me so much - teehee!

Was scrolling through comments and went "EH? What's Hinata doing here?"

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

baldylox
Awww Kino is such a cutie! I love her maid dress x

Thank you very much!

I love the little feather duster Little props like that amuse me so much - teehee!

Thanks! I like props like this too since it always helps add to the realism.

Ok, you totally lost me there.

Billy

archangeli

Ok, you totally lost me there.

Billy

Haha - sorry.

Hinata :

7406025632_1bcb96b0e8_c.jpg

(Not that you would know this, but she's named after this Hinata - )

6511620391_453e794ca7.jpg

Café Calico - Cat Café in Shinjuku by Archangeli, on Flickr

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

baldylox

Ohhhh, THAT!

Yeah, I totally stole your photo for comparison to Kat. Hope that's ok. You were the only person besides Finnleo that had this head and the pic I used was easier to find than his.

Billy

Pico8059

Kino you did a super job in my opinion, and you looked adorable doing it! I look forward to seeing more of your training. ^_^

The dollies have my wallet!

baldylox
Kino you did a super job in my opinion, and you looked adorable doing it! I look forward to seeing more of your training. ^_^

Thank you very much! She's pretty happy being given various maid duties and hopefully I can catch them doing more training soon.

Billy