Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

NekoSan22

Help!!! AKA: CRAP! She's HUGE!

NekoSan22

Okay, so my DD bust, internal frame and hands came in the mail today and I am very happy... But I have to say, she is frickin' huge, man! I *had* a head I planned to use for her, but it's not the right size- even though it is a dollfie head! I'm kind of panicking because I didn't anticipate such a large doll. Do the normal, DD heads fit the humongous dolls (I bet they do, but...)? Or did the DD switch sizes spontaniously? I may have gotten a Dollfie Plus head, but I don't know!

Also, the hands came and they were DDS instead of DD. Will these work?

If I randomly disappear in the conversation, don't blame me, blame my homework and real life! >0<

The mother of one much-loved DD!<3

My doll blog is Neko's Dollies!

Nekopon

First of all, congrats!

Secondly, if you built a Dollfie Dream body, you can only use Dollfie Dream/Sister Heads. Any other heads will not work…So such heads like Super Dollfie or Dollfie Plus isn't gonna be right.

Dollfie Dream and Sister heads are the same size. There is only one size. Make sure it's a Dollfie "Dream"!

Lastly, DDS hands works just fine with DD bodies.

Good luck! Let me know if you need any other info.

NekoSan22

Nekopon! Thank goodness you told me all of that! I was seriously panicking.

I think the size problem was that I bought a Dollfie Plus head a year ago in my first attempt at buying a 'volks-doll' (as I used to refer to any anime styled doll XD). I was actually buying a Dollfie Base Body, which I want to sell on eBay or something so I can get rid of it and the painful memories of mis-ordering everything.

Thanks for the congratulations- my first girl! Funny how I keep running into all these problems when everyone else's first doll stories seem to be perfect. I'm a bit nervous now though, because I still have to order the rest of her. I spent most of my money on those parts so I'll be having a floating bust/hands for a while...

If I randomly disappear in the conversation, don't blame me, blame my homework and real life! >0<

jadepixel

Yes, Dollfie Dream are pretty big (60cm tall, about 2 feet). I got a head first to test the waters, and I thought that she would work for my mini-size resin dolls but no, DD heads are huge! DD are 1/3 scale (of a human) versus the regular Dollfie which is 1/6 scale.

Folks on this forum are pretty helpful - if you give us some idea what sort of doll you're trying to put together, we can point you to exactly what you need! And if you end up with spare parts don't stress, it's pretty easy to sell them here for retail price.

NekoSan22
Yes, Dollfie Dream are pretty big (60cm tall, about 2 feet). I got a head first to test the waters, and I thought that she would work for my mini-size resin dolls but no, DD heads are huge! DD are 1/3 scale (of a human) versus the regular Dollfie which is 1/6 scale.

Folks on this forum are pretty helpful - if you give us some idea what sort of doll you're trying to put together, we can point you to exactly what you need! And if you end up with spare parts don't stress, it's pretty easy to sell them here for retail price.

2 feet... Is even bigger than I thought! This is gonna be one tall doll... But my mom said she likes the "bigger size", and there's now less of a chance of losing any parts, so this is a lot better than my first impression.

I mainly got into BJDs from Angelic Layer by CLAMP, so I was expecting the dolls to be around the same scale as in the anime. Also, if DDs are that big, how big are the Mini Dollfie Dream (I'm helping my younger sister save up for one *that I have to take care of)?

And I have noticed that this seems to be a really nice and helpful forum- one of the reasons I stayed!

misskale

2 feet... Is even bigger than I thought! This is gonna be one tall doll... But my mom said she likes the "bigger size", and there's now less of a chance of losing any parts, so this is a lot better than my first impression.

I mainly got into BJDs from Angelic Layer by CLAMP, so I was expecting the dolls to be around the same scale as in the anime. Also, if DDs are that big, how big are the Mini Dollfie Dream (I'm helping my younger sister save up for one *that I have to take care of)?

And I have noticed that this seems to be a really nice and helpful forum- one of the reasons I stayed!

First thing: I got into DD's because of Angelic Layer too.

There are DD measurements in this "newbie" subforum and it includes MDDs. My brain is remembering them at 40cm.

In terms of Dollfie Plus, they are definitely much more like the dolls in Angelic Layer, and I feel are worth getting. I bought a Dollfie Plus before I could afford a DD and I don't really regret it. The ankles can get loose and it means they stop being able to stand as well. Since they've been discontinued I'd try to get one now if you still can.

chien

Angelic Layer dolls are 1/6, right? So if you're interested in 1/6, there are a lot of awesome 1/6 dolls out there. :> Pure Neemo, Mamachapp, Parabox/Obitsu come to mind immediately. There are also a number of resin doll companies that sell 1/6 dolls that look like young adults/adults too-- like Limhwa, Soom, and Saintbloom.

NekoSan22

Thanks for the info about angelic layer-style dolls, chien! I might buy a Dollfie Plus body for that head at some point; I spent a lot of time on that faceup and I'd like to use the head.

Yukamina

Isn't it much more expensive to buy the parts separately? Especially with shipping costs for each part :/ And the possibility of accidentally buying the wrong parts (MDDIII body parts and DDIII parts are not compatible for example)

I'd recommend getting Rena if you want an MDDIII... she's fully put together, comes with professional face-up, eyes, wig, and she's about 45cm tall.

JChiibs

Congrats on stumbling into the DD world. Here is some size comparison pics for you too.

10068157336_69fa27e9d4_z.jpg

8008338149_2ff7195f16_z.jpg

Left to right: DD, MDD, EB Mini

7739319174_cda7c1fab7_z.jpg

Left to right:

EB Beauty D (soft bust), Kelly (2000-ish), Barbie (2000-ish, newer wide waist & ballerina knees), Hankenstein (New-EB N with EB Mini head), Dolly (EB Mini F), Skipper (1987)

The EB Beauty and New EB are about 1 cm shorter than the Dollfie Plus dolls making them about the same size as a Barbie.

Also here is a NSFW pic of the same dolls standing up side by side.

7724017454_068111078e_z.jpg

Left to right: EB Beauty, DDS, MDD, EB Mini

7726999384_f69903b83f_z.jpg

And if it is any help at all here is an 18 inch American Girl and an MDD.

I can imagine the shock you had taking the DD parts out of the box if you were expecting a Dollfie Plus!

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram