Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

sleepywolf

Are DD owners cat or dog people?

sleepywolf

Hmmm... not sure if this is too OT for this section; it's related to DDs in a way. Anyway, feel free to move the post.

Short version

I'm curious if DD owners, regardless of whether you have pets or not, prefer cats or dogs.

Also, do you think of DDs as characters with human or animal-like traits.

Long version

I guess we've all seen DDs cosplaying as cats, bunnies, foxes, bears and occasionally even as penguins but rarely as dogs (at least I've yet to see a DD cosplay as a dog, except perhaps a few custom DD heads with dog-like face-ups). I'd even dare to say that, when choosing from the previously mentioned outfits, DD owners seems to prefer to dress their DDs in cat-like outfits.

So I'm curious if DD owners actually prefer cats or dogs. (Let's not argue about whether one is better than the other, ok.)

Which sort of leads to a follow-up question: Do you think of (your) DDs as "characters" having human traits or "cute pet" traits? Perhaps an odd question but let me explain: Personally I find it really difficult to see anything "cute" in humans. On the other hand, to me, both pets and DDs represent "cute". Therefore I tend to think of DDs as characters with "cute pet"-like traits rather than human traits. EDIT: I think Yukamina's interpretation below is closer to what I actually tried to say

Our forum is kinda small-ish so, unless someone objects, I'll occasionally bump the post so future members also get a chance to add their comments.

Just out of curiosity: If you read all the way down here, then please include the number 1842 somewhere in your reply.

Edited by Guest

Jezrah

I'm definitely a cat person, I have three.

I'm far more likely to dress my girls up as a cat than any other animal, although I would also consider a bunny or a kitsune.

I guess I see my DDs as somewhere between humans and pets. They're cuter than people but still have human traits. Also, too many people around give me anxiety, but there is no "too many DDs".

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

shinegamix
Hmmm... not sure if this is too OT for this section; it's related to DDs in a way. Anyway, feel free to move the post.

Short version

I'm curious if DD owners, regardless of whether you have pets or not, prefer cats over dogs.

Also, do you think of DDs as characters with human or animal-like traits.

Long version

I guess we've all seen DDs cosplaying as cats, bunnies, foxes, bears and occasionally even as penguins but rarely as dogs (at least I've yet to see a DD cosplay as a dog, except perhaps a few custom DD heads with dog-like face-ups). I'd even dare to say that, when choosing from the previously mentioned outfits, DD owners seems to prefer to dress their DDs in cat-like outfits.

So I'm curious if DD owners actually prefer cats over dogs. (Let's not argue about whether one is better than the other, ok.)

Which sort of leads to a follow-up question: Do you think of (your) DDs as "characters" having human traits or "cute pet" traits? Perhaps an odd question but let me explain: Personally I find it really difficult to see anything "cute" in humans. On the other hand, to me, both pets and DDs represent "cute". Therefore I tend to think of DDs as characters with "cute pet"-like traits rather than human traits.

Our forum is kinda small-ish so, unless someone objects, I'll occasionally bump the post so future members also get a chance to add their comments.

millhi is a dog...

making my triumphant return

Yukamina

I'm a cat person :3 I understand cats much more than dogs or other animals. I like all sorts of animal ears/tails on dolls, though (cat, fox, bunny, sheep, fantasy). For DDs, I really like the idea of fox and bunny ears.

I don't really understand the other question I don't see them like pets, but I don't see them like I would a real person. They are like cute anime characters, fictional characters existing in their own little fictional world. I don't really talk to or interact with my dolls like some people do, the same way I don't talk to drawings or book characters (however much I love them!) ^^;

sleepywolf
Also, too many people around give me anxiety, but there is no "too many DDs".

Soo true, on both points

millhi is a dog...

DOH! Completely forgot about poor Millhi.

I don't really understand the other question I don't see them like pets, but I don't see them like I would a real person. They are like cute anime characters, fictional characters existing in their own little fictional world. I don't really talk to or interact with my dolls like some people do, the same way I don't talk to drawings or book characters (however much I love them!) ^^;

No worries. Wasn't sure how to put it really. I think you got pretty close to what I tried, but failed, to say. DDs are shaped like humans so some ppl might think of them as miniature humans (not necesarily talking to them and so on) while others might think of DDs as completely non-human characters with human-like traits.

I mean compare with SDs that (obviously?) are supposed to be miniature humans.

Obsidian_Shadow

I consider myself a cat person, or at least mostly a cat person. I have two cats and a dog (who thinks he's a cat XD ). I was originally pretty adamant about getting a dog, but once my family adopted him, he really grew on me!

As for the second question, I'd have to agree with Yukamina. I see my girls closer to the person side of the person <--> pet spectrum.

Ravendruid

We are most definitely a cat family. I have lived with cats my entire life and I know SK has for the majority of hers. Since we've been married we've always had at least one cat, and most often two (although at one point, when her mother and sister were living with us we had at least five for a while). We're currently at two right now, with no plans to adopt any more in the immediate future.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

Misheru

I grew up with a poodle and I adore small poodles, but that is it for me and dogs.

All of my adult life I have had cats. I am now happily adopted by strays and rescues and now my house is home to 12 Nekos. I wish I could have a little poodle among them, but I don't think they would share.

definitely a cat family

Edited by Guest

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

aeris

3 cats here, an I hope soon a 4th one.

So I am definitely a cat person. miawwwww ^_^

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

bethykins

Definitely a dog person myself

I have a gorgeous family of DD girls

See my profile for a list of my beauties!!

Azy

Cat person here ! I have 2 and hope to get a third one this summer.

~ Currently putting DD collecting on hold ~

Syu_Akagi

of course CAT!haha~

i have cat my home actually for 8 years

Coming Soon ...

Eustia

I thought I already replied to this thread, but I guess not!

I have cats and dogs both. I love both. Never understood the whole cats vs dogs debate. As for cat and dog dolls... I plan to make both.

Poofiemus

Dog person all the way! Though I have to admit, a portion of that is because I'm allergic to cats, so I haven't been able to really interact with one long enough to form a bond before I start itching and sneezing. The other thing is that nearly all my relatives have dogs, so I've met a lot of them of different sizes and personalities. There's only one dog I've met that I wasn't able to build any raport with, and that was the shipperke Bear--that dog was dumber than a box of rocks, and he got rehomed to an equally airheaded owner pretty quickly.

Seems us dog people are in the minority here though.

As to the other question, my dolls are definitely more human based (even Pancake, to some extent). I'd say they're as much charicature as character though; they're deliberately exaggerated out of human norms in their personalities. Part of that is because their back stories are so far from real life normalcy that having them act like normal people wouldn't make sense, but the other part is that it's flat out more fun for me this way.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

DivinitaAria

weird double post

Edited by Guest

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

DivinitaAria

Definitely a dog person (I USED to be a cat person though)! I have an obsession with certain breeds >.> Those who know me personally can vouch for me when I say I LOVE Border Collies (I even carry around a border collie tote bag...what a nerd I am haha).

I enjoy the unconditional love that dogs have for people. When you come home they're like, "Hey, my favorite person ever! I missed you, let's play!" I also love dog agility and flyball. I've been to a couple dog shows and I really want to get involved with agility.

Cats are too much like people They're only nice when they want something.

I like cats and we had the privilege to own the BEST cat ever (we are down to a mean old lady cat haha). He was the most affectionate cat ever and never ever ever did that angry cat thing where you're petting them and they decide they want to attack you. I'm 99% positive he was a flame point ragdoll. If I were to get a cat in the future I would definitely get a ragdoll. Plus the fluffier the better.

In relation to dolls, I want ears and a tail for Rise and my 01 because that would be the CUTEST. I think that's a reflection on my preference. Because I love dogs I would want my dolls to be dog lovers

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

DefectiveAngel

Cat person all the way. I've never owned a dog and never would want to. Dogs tend to scare me, maybe because I was bitten by one when I was younger.

Right now I own 7 cats and that's my limit. They can be a real hand full at times, but a real joy to have around. I would be lost without them.

As for my dolls they carry a human personality and all of them are cat lovers like me. ^_^ Although there is one of my DD's named Usagi and she tries her hardest to convince me she is part bunny...lol! :p

Reynardine

I love both dogs and cats equally, but right now we have 2 cats living with us.

My Girls: DDH-06 (Mercy), Saber Alter II (Merit), DDH-07 (Honor), DDH-03 (Felicity), Lucy Maria Misora II (Verity), Snow Miku (Harmony), Emilia (Amity), Sakura Miku (Grace)

My Flickr, My Doll Blog

archangeli

I love all pets, but I'm away from home a lot so it would be difficult to take care of a dog.

I have two cats and they keep each other entertained

5692042887_037278c81c_z.jpg

• Like 1

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

mitsuki

I love Final Fantasy XIII Play Arts Bubba, but he's so limited and rare! Awww

I have had dogs, guinea pigs, ferrets, a squirrel, and mice. I have friends who had/have iguanas, snakes, turtles, rats, horses, hamsters, sugar gliders, and cats. I'm allergic to a few of these but they are all so cute!

Wolves, foxes, fruit bats, and Tyrannosaurs are also terribly cute.

chibiponi

Another cat person here! I have dogs too, but those are technically not mine. I've also had hamsters, iguanas, and snakes for pets. I miss having snakes, I kind of want those again...not sure how my cat would handle that though. He has a hard enough time dealing with squirrels sitting outside the window. XD

Serisu

I happen to be a cat person, but I don't mind dogs and I wouldn't mind having a Shiba Inu.. I love my cats to death, but I wish my girl would be more affectionate sometimes.

Home;; Akira , DDH01 boy - Finn, Lelouch SMD, Cherry SMD

Layaway;;

shinegamix
I love Final Fantasy XIII Play Arts Bubba, but he's so limited and rare! Awww

I have had dogs, guinea pigs, ferrets, a squirrel, and mice. I have friends who had/have iguanas, snakes, turtles, rats, horses, hamsters, sugar gliders, and cats. I'm allergic to a few of these but they are all so cute!

Wolves, foxes, fruit bats, and Tyrannosaurs are also terribly cute.

you had a tyranosaur?

making my triumphant return