Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Yami Usagi

Yami Usagi's Photo Album

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, Yami Usagi said:

She wasn’t as easy to repaint, so she’s a little sloppy.

Sloppy??? She looks amazing!!!

Yami Usagi
47 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Sloppy??? She looks amazing!!!

The sloppiness is up close LOL. It’s some pastel & paint application I wish was smoother because I messed up while wiping the og faceup. Definitely stuff I know about just because I did the painting ^^’

Thank you so much though! I love her 

Yami Usagi

Welcome back to the inner workings of my mind where it’s all Nier all the time. I decided to paint 2B AGAIN.

I was out taking pictures and she just didn’t feel right. Despite wanting her to look sweet, I think this last time she looked too sweet and not enough like 2B. I tried a few things with her brows before making it to this final look which I am finally happy with. 
IMG_1368.jpeg.2ea1af76fb6038926786e29b1f37c18f.jpeg

I’m taking both of them on an outing this weekend. All this time I’ve been gearing up to make sure they look nice together because I can retake pictures at home but not on location. Now only 2B’s wig bothers me. Will see what I can do…

IMG_1380.jpeg.baf55d48ba663b47578de4e223e23c0d.jpeg

I tried these poses three different days before I was satisfied with the pictures LOL it’s very different posing two dolls!

• Like 9

roro_robot

They look lovely! You did an amazing job with the repaint, they both have the sweet look you wanted while still being very recognisably them, the strong blush is especially adorable! @onion26@ 

Yami Usagi
10 hours ago, roro_robot said:

They look lovely! You did an amazing job with the repaint, they both have the sweet look you wanted while still being very recognisably them, the strong blush is especially adorable! @onion26@ 

Oh thank you! I’m very happy to have them. 
And ahaha I really love blush so my faceups end up that way no matter what. Thank you 😆

• Like 1

MonochromaticNocturne

You did a wonderful job on 2B's faceup, she's gorgeous! You nailed the sweet, friendly look perfectly. They both look wonderful together!

Yami Usagi
On 9/16/2023 at 7:24 PM, MonochromaticNocturne said:

You did a wonderful job on 2B's faceup, she's gorgeous! You nailed the sweet, friendly look perfectly. They both look wonderful together!

Thank you so much!! 🥹🥹

Yami Usagi

I’ve been FIGHTING on spending all my money on clothes for my dolls. I’m in between jobs rn so that’s a no no. BUT I did get these shoes for cheap for 9S! He’s only had boots, so this will give him more options. I’m actually quite bad at buying things like pants and shoes— for me and for my dolls. I really love shirts…

Hoping to sew some stuff soon though!

IMG_2565.jpeg

IMG_2569.jpeg

• Like 6

Yami Usagi

IMG_2805.jpeg.e46134075d346f157f6f14b9643084ae.jpeg

Got a new wig for 2B. I kinda ruined her og one, but I didn’t love it in the first place, so no hard feelings.

I love the color on this one. It’s also curly which I think is really neat because it makes my doll unique. Though some part of me thinks I’ll eventually straighten it out because it’ll bother me being non canon. Plus it’s a little messy lol

IMG_2818.jpeg.3d93ad850e270d905e4fce262d1982aa.jpeg
im running out of creative photo ideas for her & 9S. The half body portrait is my face turned 3/4 anime doodle. 

• Like 6

sugarfreeclown

The new wig really complements the way you've repainted her!! The way it's styled in the photograph frames her face very nicely.

Yami Usagi
1 hour ago, sugarfreeclown said:

The new wig really complements the way you've repainted her!! The way it's styled in the photograph frames her face very nicely.

Thanks so much! I like how her face came out, but it’s been a struggle to find a good replacement wig. 

• Like 1

Yami Usagi

IMG_3087.jpeg.7c87e661d53cfda5f4e3c30d4da43a4b.jpeg

Challenged myself to use up scrap fabric since I have so much. I made 9S a pleather hakama and baggy shirt.

I’m still committed to giving him a cool street style—even if he can’t pull off bad boy looks because of his cute face.

IMG_3084.jpeg.55df52d8ac0732b057d514eff302b379.jpeg

I made the hakama first and the shirt after since none of the shirts I had already were selling it.

IMG_3095.jpeg.4195b2766d52d67eb4c21299096c6717.jpeg

This challenge will eventually be a video for my YouTube. I’m looking forward to making more stuff!

• Like 7

Beani
4 hours ago, Yami Usagi said:

IMG_3130.jpeg.7cd738adfa79609f8c9d13181ec39357.jpeg

Got them a magazine

Love this shot. Is that wig the same one 2B is wearing further up? It looks so different. Would love to know where that one came from. It’s wonderful on her.

Yami Usagi
8 hours ago, Beani said:

Love this shot. Is that wig the same one 2B is wearing further up? It looks so different. Would love to know where that one came from. It’s wonderful on her.

It is! I ended up restyling it. Straightened the whole thing, cut it, and curled it to give volume again. It took like…4 hours, so the base wig was good, but only got to be like I wanted with a lot of work 😅

It’s Leeke’s Angel wave art wig.

Beani
1 hour ago, Yami Usagi said:

It is! I ended up restyling it. Straightened the whole thing, cut it, and curled it to give volume again. It took like…4 hours, so the base wig was good, but only got to be like I wanted with a lot of work 😅

It’s Leeke’s Angel wave art wig.

Well I gotta say it was time very well spent cause it looks absolutely gorgeous now. I’m just sad I can’t get one myself! (No clue with wig styling) My Toobs will stay with long and straight I guess haha. 

GlassWisteria
On 10/11/2023 at 11:12 PM, Yami Usagi said:

IMG_3087.jpeg.7c87e661d53cfda5f4e3c30d4da43a4b.jpeg

Challenged myself to use up scrap fabric since I have so much. I made 9S a pleather hakama and baggy shirt.

I’m still committed to giving him a cool street style—even if he can’t pull off bad boy looks because of his cute face.

I'm always impressed with doll collectors who not only are brave enough to take their dolls outdoors, but can take such amazing photos as well! 9S looks great in the pleather hakama and shirt, and you did a fantastic job on them 😄

Yami Usagi
On 10/13/2023 at 9:20 AM, Beani said:

Well I gotta say it was time very well spent cause it looks absolutely gorgeous now. I’m just sad I can’t get one myself! (No clue with wig styling) My Toobs will stay with long and straight I guess haha. 

Ah thank you! It is oddly hard to find a good 2B replacement wig. For me at least. I didn’t want to have to style this one. There’s always the risk of messing it up. I wish you luck in finding one! 

On 10/15/2023 at 6:27 PM, GlassWisteria said:

I'm always impressed with doll collectors who not only are brave enough to take their dolls outdoors, but can take such amazing photos as well! 9S looks great in the pleather hakama and shirt, and you did a fantastic job on them 😄

Thanks so much! I’ve been taking photos for a very long time, so I’ve had a lot of practice. My dolls definitely revived my love of toy photography specifically. It’s not something I’d touched in a while and now I’m doing it regularly again. Thanks to them 🥹

And thank you again! Excited to make him more stuff 😄

Yami Usagi

IMG_3718.jpeg.bbfe4af4fe1584da77c7226d8f96ac65.jpeg

I already posted about 9S’ outfit, but I made 2B one as well! She was the one who needed it more since she’s been stuck in her default since I got her. I was super nervous to sew for DDY which is why I made his first. Her outfit is based around the fur on her sleeves. It was going to be very simple but changed as I needed to figure out what flatters DDY. The shapes are all very simple, so it was easy to sew! 
IMG_3648.jpeg.25bc8a6875bca23fa7151440acf0a76d.jpeg

IMG_3700.jpeg.8e943c82103e39530150a53b81fea66b.jpeg
As I said, 9S’ look is supposed to be street style. For 2B I imagined something romantic with light colors, but I really like the gothic turn this took.

• Like 6

Yami Usagi

Have been wanting sunglasses for 9S for a while. Part of my delusion that he’s cool.

IMG_3670.jpeg.910a15ee68e3c93143e13fe986da39f1.jpeg

IMG_3720.jpeg.6226b9ec5a3db660cb42444e6d1af394.jpeg

IMG_3660.jpeg.eb63715742c616bc97f40aa27a02be40.jpeg

Hoping to take some fall pics soon! 

• Like 8

Yami Usagi

IMG_4765.jpeg.8b616e8cc1ce4d007f5758a36d59a50a.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg.5b8fbe9294c69ffa721fbf9d7830467c.jpeg

I am very much in love with the Eternal Embrace set from Volks that I got earlier this week for 2B. It went out of stock before & I wasn’t sure if I could grab it but ghhh I just haaaad to and I have no regrets. I also got get a M bust to be sure she could fit into it. It’s quite roomy!

she’s not wearing the harness because I’m using it for 9S who I’m making a matching outfit for. My goth power couple…

• Like 5

Yami Usagi

IMG_4931.jpeg.ca805d436ba7cb98b83a9fddc172a9d0.jpegIMG_4940.jpeg.c6b4d56ed4e1891bba647bd3f304e6dd.jpeg

Had an absolutely swag shoot with 2B & 9S at the lake. This was for their matching gothic outfits. 

I have a ton more but I’m trying to hold back and only share these for now because I filmed for a video about making 9S’ outfit and doing the photoshoot, so I better…keep the surprise. 

But yeah. Loved loved doing this! 

• Like 9

BlueSerenity13

You have such beautiful dolls, and they look so sweet together! It's nice to see how much you care for them ❤

Yami Usagi
6 hours ago, NerdyGirl said:

You have such beautiful dolls, and they look so sweet together! It's nice to see how much you care for them ❤

Ahhh thank you so much 😭 they really are special to me. It’s nice being able to dote on them LOL

• Like 1

Yami Usagi

IMG_5187.jpeg.c9d9f6b7fae70d1d4c6f0bbbda9873ed.jpeg

I’ve been doing almost costume level stuff for their outfits, so this is something more casual. I call them their mall outfits lol.

The time change hasn’t been kind to my photo taking hobby. Guess I have to get creative with indoor lighting…

• Like 7