Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

aeris

Resin dolls anybody?

AlmySidaKay

6402744537_f5606f2cce.jpg

Me: I thought I'd show you a photo of one of the girls who will be joining our household soon.

Evie: That one? She looks a little strange...

Me: Yes, be nice, her name is Miku, she's from Japan.

Evie: It would be cool if she was famous or something.

Me: ...Just wait and see.

A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. Do whatever pleases you in this hobby, because otherwise, why do it at all?

Ren

Your girls are great .

Here is my Nono ^^

6382323407_4e45afa028.jpg

MaxArcher
Lovely photos!

Thanks!

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

galatia9

Ren, your Nono is beautiful!

My first resin BJD was Volks SD13 Link from 2005, and he is still my favorite. 8 of my BJDs are Volks. Boys outnumber the girls in my collection by more than 3 to 1, I have 17 boys and 5 girls. Most of mine are 58cm and taller, but I have 2 MSD size little boys too. I have detailed characters and backstories for them, and they interact together in little groups that will eventually all be connected.

group04.jpg

Pic from Christmas 2010, 17 of the 22 I now own.

I really love them all, more than any other dolls I've ever owned. My Dollfie Dream will fit in there too, she'll be sort of like a persocom. I plan for her to be a medical diagnostic android that slowly acquires consciousness, though of course she'll never become fully human. The geeky boy on the far right seated is waiting for her to come home.

Linda S.

galatia9

Edited by Guest

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

LordNoir

heh.. ^^ I just realized I haven't posted any reference pics of Ryuuki, my 90cm doll. He's technically my booth buddy/panel doll at conventions, so I don't tend to count him with my others, but I figure it's best to atleast post my reference pictures of him for those who may be interested.

face-up2.jpg

Ryuuki is an Angel of Dream Primo, a 1/2 scale resin doll at 90cm in height. He wears a size 12/13 wig and a size 3 in shoes. For size reference, here is a picture of him next to Az at his box opening. ^^

nexttoAz.jpg

A crazy fool with a house full of dolls, and ponies, and pony dolls

Now an Official Dealer for SQ Lab!

galatia9

Ryuuki has a great face sculpt! Nice faceup, too. He reminds me a lot of my DollZone Hong, Maxim, who is 70cm. The bodies even look a little similar.

maxim0204.jpg

onem35.jpg

Must be nice being able to ride in the carpool lane with Ryuuki sitting next to you in the car. LOL!

Linda S.

galatia9

Edited by Guest

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

PrettyCranium

Does anyone here want a 2012 Dollmore calendar? I got one for free with my order. It's a nice, big desk calendar with great photos, but I'm not a fan of their dolls. I'll send it to anyone who wants it.

Edit: The calendar has found a home!

aeris

I wanted to share with you my dear Olivia. She is a Volks Yo tenshi and I just love her.

And also her twin sister, Enola.

I love Yo's.

6395426199_3520d3ca71_z.jpg

Olivia and the Teddy Bear par aeris76, sur Flickr

6264294456_3b3112165c_z.jpg

Olivia et Enola par aeris76, sur Flickr

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

littlebearries

Oh my, they're all so lovely!!!

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

aeris

Mitsuki and Littlebearries : thank you so much!

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

iomi

I've always had interest in resin dolls as they were sort of the lead to me eventually loving DDs XD ! I almost got one before I started all this , even before collecting figures. I think the first time I saw a BJD was on Deviant Art and I was astonished by their beauty and details.

Of course I was only interested in male dolls XD , the first one that I fell in love with was a FeePlee ANU, but I couldn't get it then ><

Screenshot2011-12-05at52310PM.png

I still think he's gorgeous ! love that face ^___^ too bad it's sold out now

but now I'm in love with a Ring Doll BJD, which seems other members here are owners of some and familiar with XD I would certainly prefer a masculine male BJD than the slender ones.

I LOVE this BJD, SOL, the best part is the tan skin too , makes it more perfect for me ;w; and that face !

05.jpg

I wish I could see more nice pictures of him somewhere else. I would love to get him but I won't be able to afford him untill March/April. it's even harder if there are more pretty DDs on the way XD !! Makes me wish if there were official male DDs ;_; .... Basically , If I were to buy a resin BJD, it would be Sol from Ring Doll, he fits my preferences perfectly ^_^

At home: Rina and Reina( Twins ),DD Neris,Oscar(DD Beatrice),Bunni DD Akira)Melon( DD Yuki.M)Saber Extra(x2), Toki(DD Rise), Saber Alter, Saber Lily and Kudo, Rosalie, Cirno and Kan'u,Melty, Aoko, mika(06), Rin Tohsaka

Kumi

Resins - in most cases - are available second-hand for much more reasonable prices than DDs.

Just now there's white skin FeePle ANU head on DoA marketplace for 60$. Yellowed, but still.

Yes, he's sold out, but in resin world it's pretty common.

Now compare this 60$ to the price of any DD character head...

LordNoir
Resins - in most cases - are available second-hand for much more reasonable prices than DDs.

Just now there's white skin FeePle ANU head on DoA marketplace for 60$. Yellowed, but still.

Yes, he's sold out, but in resin world it's pretty common.

Now compare this 60$ to the price of any DD character head...

Yeah, that was actually the only thing that really shocked me when I started looking into the DD gals. It's also part of the reason why I decided my first few girls would just be option heads. Not as expensive, but so full of potential!

Also, have you checked Den of Angels for Sol owner pics? I know atleast 3 have managed to get home to their owners and they've been fairly diligent with posting pictures of them. I'm quite a fan of tan dolls and RingDolls, but I honestly can't see himself getting Sol anytime in the near future. He just doesn't quite speak to me yet.

A crazy fool with a house full of dolls, and ponies, and pony dolls

Now an Official Dealer for SQ Lab!

Coffee

Here's my little girl.

6516489771_159b9c99dd.jpg

I must say, I see very little reasons why resin dolls should be superior to vinyl.

The strings just makes them hard as hell to pose!

But I do love my girl.

Alot.

Mina - DDS Millhi, Lucy - DDS Melty, Sammy - DDII Sakuno, Ellie - MDD DDH-01, Niki - MDD Mayu, Sasha - DDIII Miku

Coffee

Thank you Mitsuki!

Mina - DDS Millhi, Lucy - DDS Melty, Sammy - DDII Sakuno, Ellie - MDD DDH-01, Niki - MDD Mayu, Sasha - DDIII Miku

littlebearries

Have you tried wiring your girl? It works wonders!

Coffee

No, I haven't tried that yet actually.

I've only hot-glued her joints.

It helped a lot more then one would thing it would do. XD

Lizik-chan

My resin crew is big, but I had to say largely neglected because of DDs recently. I feel guilty before them. Please meet some of them

Here's Claudia and Dmitry Drake

3012873578_b3fa40665b.jpg

IMG_3636 by Lizik-chan, on Flickr

And these are Patrick, Vera, Malachai and Shirley

IMG_3900.jpg

milkytea

I have two polyurethane resin ball-jointed dolls, both by Volks. They're my dears; I really enjoy having both of them in my home~ ♥ My first doll was a gorgeous and elegant Rosette Doll (one of SOOM's subsidiaries), but I didn't have as much fun with her as I do with my current two; it was best that she move on to another home.

I bought my oldest doll, Claire, on Yahoo!Japan Auctions; I was lucky enough to find a fullset for a relatively unpopular (at least on Den of Angels) limited doll from 2007 up for sale at the end of 2009. She cost a fortune, but I don't regret it. I love her face, and the Volks MSD body is so perfect for me. It's not the most poseable ever, being a single-jointed body, but I like the way it looks and moves. I also like that she's not too big, not too heavy, not too small--she works very well for me.

5562884570_48e36bd4af.jpg

Little Lady Claire by sweetmilktea ♥, on Flickr

My second doll was very unexpected. I was really happy with Claire, so I wasn't even looking at other dolls. However, I wound up with the doll that had been my "dream doll;" I guess it was meant to be! I really love SD Nono--everything about her face is cute, to me! I didn't opt for her before my MSD, because I thought the SD size was too big and too heavy. ...And then I saw one in person, for sale at NYC Dolpa. The other SDs were snapped up right away, but not Nono. I couldn't leave without her. I'm so glad it worked out that way--I adore her~ ♥ She's still bigger and heavier than make her convenient for me, but I don't care. She's precious. I named her Mimi.

4757800494_0b173022f9.jpg

Miss Pink Pâtissier by sweetmilktea ♥, on Flickr

I really enjoyed seeing everyone else's resin dolls in this thread~ ♥

And here's one final picture of my girls. I'm looking forward to being able to add a Dollfie Dream to my family of dolls~

5562901278_19f1f2dfc4.jpg

Girl and Governess by sweetmilktea ♥, on Flickr

littlebearries

Nagisa!!!! This is my friend's favorite Volks MSD... she owns two of them :o

And I have to say, they are absolute cuties!!!!