Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

PrettyCranium

Volks News 45 (DDH-06, new hands!)

Saluli

the new head is beautiful. It is nice have more options, maybe I get an DDH-06 instead of an SQ-Labs head....

The new hand are totally must have!

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

mitsuki
Might have missed this somewhere but is this for release at the end of October or with Saber and such in December?

Quite excited for new DDH06

These new things are for the DD Gathering in October. Sabers will be for pre-order. No one knows yet if new girls will also be released for the Dolls Party in Tokyo in December as well.

mitsuki
Aoi looks to have more lip stick, and her eye lashes are different. Her eyebrows don't seem to be at quite the same angle, too.

I agree.

6170375913_768a92d416.jpg

aeris

These new things are for the DD Gathering in October. Sabers will be for pre-order. No one knows yet if new girls will also be released for the Dolls Party in Tokyo in December as well.

I hope they will be no DD or SD I want

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

geminidoll

You may need a cousin from Volume 45 to get the painted head. Info still hazy on that but vol 45 goes on sale at Volks US about a month after it does on international site. Am going to try ordering a bunch for the shop.

Looks good for retailers to get DD Gathering items but not until end of Nov or Dec. We always get clothing and special event items 2 to 3 months after they come out on the International site. So I expect to be busy Nov-Jan.

Rochelle/Kerbey Lane

Traveller

I've heard about the DD III body, but know very little about it.

I am looking forward to seeing the new head, and hope that Natalie at DW will stock as Volk in Japan will knock me back big time on shipping.

I was thinking that if I cannot get a character DD when in Japan I was going to fall back on the standard characters but now I am left thinking, will it be worth it.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

pandacornn

October?! O:

how exciting!

Anyone know if they will be released at Volks USA too?

sig.jpg

Zukin
Aoi looks to have more lip stick, and her eye lashes are different. Her eyebrows don't seem to be at quite the same angle, too.

I agree.

Yukino looks the same, but Aoi...wow.

It's amazing what little changes can do, she's absolutely adorable!

She was before too, but now...I love that face!

pandacornn

Went to volks USA yesterday and wanted to let US people know that the ddh06 and other colks new 45 goodies won't be in volks USA for a few months after the initial release.

sig.jpg

mitsuki

Things always take two or three months to get to Volks USA. Sometimes, they take even longer. I don't mind waiting because things are a lot more expensive from the international site plus the higher shipping cost.

pandacornn

I agree(:

I don't mind the wait at all : D

and especially because I live pretty close to Volks, I can save on shipping too (:

sig.jpg

MsGeek
I just need to resist the urge of making custom girls with the older DDII bodies.

You and I *both* know that is exactly what will happen! I know it's how it would go at my place!

Billy

Make sure you let me know when you do the upgrade because I might be interested in a used DD2 body or two. Seriously, I am not a fan of DD3 and here's why: the gapping. Not bad if you just have them fully clothed, but swimwear? Lingerie? AWKWARD! Yeah, DD3 has a bit more mobility but from what I understand retrofitting the arms and legs to a DD2 is a breeze. So best of both worlds is a total possibility.

MsGeek

I agree.

Yukino looks the same, but Aoi...wow.

It's amazing what little changes can do, she's absolutely adorable!

She was before too, but now...I love that face!

No, Yukino II IS different. Too sad puppy-dog for me. You only need look at pictures I've taken of Yumiko. Yumiko has many moods. This one? Just one. Bummed.

JoltFiend

I think Aoi's original face was what kept me from picking her when I was researching these. I wasn't really a fan of her having that miffed look. She does look much better now.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Poofiemus

You know, looking closely at the Old v New Yukino and Aoi pictures, I find it interesting how differently they approached the new faceup between the two. With Aoi, they took an exaggerated expression and mellowed it out; with Yukino they took a more neutral expression and exaggerated it.

Honestly, I feel like I can't call which Yukino I prefer without seeing owner photos of the new one yet. But I definitely prefer the new Aoi. Even though in my industry exaggeration is practically the name of the game, I think with the old Aoi faceup it backfired a little--by exaggerating the one mood, it makes it harder to find others that aren't closely related to the one in the faceup. I think once we start seeing owner photos of her the new one will be much more expressive as a result of being just that hair more neutral. A blank slate effect if you will.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Poofiemus

Ah, I should've known there'd be Ultragrump Aoi fans out there. I apologize if I was overly opinionated.

Though, this split of old vs new sentiments makes me wonder if in the future there'll be people wanting to trade one version for the other. And people coming into the DD hobby after the V2 release are probably going to be really confused when they find the old v1 dolls for sale second-hand. I have a feeling we should be prepared to answer "Why does this Aoi look different?" question a lot.

Zukin

No, Yukino II IS different. Too sad puppy-dog for me. You only need look at pictures I've taken of Yumiko. Yumiko has many moods. This one? Just one. Bummed.

She's sorta different, but not much in my eyes. Honestly, I'd have to see them in person before I made a final decision. XD

I've seen your Yumiko, she's very cute!

mitsuki
Ah, I should've known there'd be Ultragrump Aoi fans out there. I apologize if I was overly opinionated.

I don't mind the comment at all. I just thought is was a really fun description. My attachment to Aoi-types is a symptom of a greater illness. I have an inability to resist most DDs. After seeing your comment about Saber Alter's potential as a deadpan snarker, I can't stop thinking about it either. You said you might be better off if you avoid doll communities to spare yourself temptation. I think I should too. Or maybe I need to avoid myself.

Poofiemus

I don't mind the comment at all. I just thought is was a really fun description. My attachment to Aoi-types is a symptom of a greater illness. I have an inability to resist most DDs. After seeing your comment about Saber Alter's potential as a deadpan snarker, I can't stop thinking about it either. You said you might be better off if you avoid doll communities to spare yourself temptation. I think I should too. Or maybe I need to avoid myself.

Ah, alright. Just trying to learn the boundaries here; this seems like much more of a "love and tolerate the *beep* out of you" kind of community than most others, so I thought better safe than sorry.

Oh-ho! Am I contagious? What's even weirder is that I went almost two years without thinking much of Alter, until something in the new promo shots made that snarky persona just click. Two years! It's made me realize I'm probably not truly safe from any mold. On top of it, you have a point about needing to avoid yourself. I'd need to do that too, because I just know that even if I stay away from the doll forums I'll still come up with characters I want to doll-ify! *facepalm*

We will always be assaulted by the DD temptation.

mitsuki

I guess we would make a bad immune system. We tolerate too much. Good for not getting autoimmunity but bad for dealing with contagions. If you really are a contagion, were are helpless against you even if there is a two year incubation time. We will all end up needing Saber Alters and Marisas with pink hair.

PrettyCranium
I guess we would make a bad immune system. We tolerate too much. Good for not getting autoimmunity but bad for dealing with contagions. If you really are a contagion, were are helpless against you even if there is a two year incubation time. We will all end up needing Saber Alters and Marisas with pink hair.

Can I just say that I love you for comparing us to a tolerant immune system?

dreamcore

Pictures of Marisa with pink hair please

AerisAquata

Ah, alright. Just trying to learn the boundaries here; this seems like much more of a "love and tolerate the *beep* out of you" kind of community than most others, so I thought better safe than sorry.

Oh-ho! Am I contagious? What's even weirder is that I went almost two years without thinking much of Alter, until something in the new promo shots made that snarky persona just click. Two years! It's made me realize I'm probably not truly safe from any mold. On top of it, you have a point about needing to avoid yourself. I'd need to do that too, because I just know that even if I stay away from the doll forums I'll still come up with characters I want to doll-ify! *facepalm*

We will always be assaulted by the DD temptation.

Yeah, we're big on the love here!

is pretty much an explanation of the forum.

Poofiemus

You know, now that you mention it, I'm not sure if I've actually seen real owner photos of a pink-haired Marisa. (I got the idea of a pink-haired, blue-eyed Marisa because I was staring at photos of her when "Giggle at the Ghosty" or one of Pinkie Pie's other songs came up on iTunes.) If I have seen photos, I think they were probably a dusty pink rather than the pink I'd want, which is probably better designated as "pank." I could quickly Photoshop the promo shots into having pink hair though, or turn owner photos pink if someone with a Marisa doesn't mind my doing so.

Edit:

Yeah, we're big on the love here!

is pretty much an explanation of the forum.

Oh yeah! XD Who can resist that big, goofy grin? Our hobby may seem peculiar to people, but so long as we all make that face, it's totally worth it.