Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Noxxbunny

Noxxbunny's Photo Thread

sinclair
8 hours ago, Noxxbunny said:

And I added another member to the family in November (as usual lol)

Introducing Nagisa!

IMG_20190313_062548406_BURST002.thumb.jpg.202d5d5bb265715f9f8b0a1f48bf434b.jpg.

She is adorable.  And I want her skirt!  Where can I get one?

Noxxbunny

(I haven't figured out multiquote quite yet...)

Ikataru: It's good to see you here too! 😀 I'll definitely be posting tons of Kaito as I always have lol! He's the first and favorite after all lol

Sinclair: The top and skirt are from a line called Glitter Girls (by Battat, I think?) You can buy them at Target or on Amazon! They're fun little sets for really great prices.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

merry-go-round

The eyes of nagisa are super <3 
By the way, she is cute :)

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

KonekoHigure

Nagisa is such a cutie. Can't wait to see more of her ! ^^

At home: Ashura (DD Ruri) - Nova (DDS Alice Kuonji)

sinclair
On 3/21/2019 at 6:54 PM, Noxxbunny said:

(I haven't figured out multiquote quite yet...)

Sinclair: The top and skirt are from a line called Glitter Girls (by Battat, I think?) You can buy them at Target or on Amazon! They're fun little sets for really great prices.

I haven't either, so don't feel bad.  But thanks for the info, I think I found it on Amazon.  Will have to add it to the next order if I haven't found it at my local Target.

cfx

Mutliquote: there are two ways to do it; I don't know why as it doesn't seem to be functionally different.

First way is just like a single quote basically. Put cursor wherever you want in this editing box, then click the "Quote" text at the bottom of the post you want to quote. Repeat for each message you are quoting.

Second way is click the "+" sign next to "Quote" at the bottom of each message and once done, click the "Quote <n> posts" that pops up at the bottom.

Noxxbunny

Late thanks to those who like Nagisa! 😄 I'm already back with another new family member though...(In my defense, Nagisa came home in November lol)

Meet Phi! (Pronounced like 'fee' )

IMG_20190421_130451899_BURST001.jpg.fa3774610ba82941335c3e7b5a5c3b5d.jpg

A very temporary look lol. Phi is going to be my Phoenix boy! So I hope to gather colors to make him a yarn wig soon. I also hope to be able to mod his face without much trouble too. You are indeed seeing correctly that Phi is a tan MDD! 😃

I currently having him in this look, but I really don't have any fitting extra wigs around lol.

BeautyPlus_20190422073936954_save.jpg.278a5e7e73c9333402eebec40c447680.jpg

• Like 3

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Noxxbunny

Back with an update on Phi! So luckily the tan color is safe to mod. I did the usual sanding and it came out just fine!

BeautyPlus_20190516123219145_save.jpg.f052004b6a58e779b1bb6b3d4e6d2619.jpg

And I was able to keep most of his default Volks' faceup because I actually quite liked it! Really makes me tempted to do Dream Choice in person...lol. I'm slowly but surely working on his wig, but it's slow going since I've been busy and then a bit sick. But hopefully I can work on it all next weekend! I really want him to have his fiery orange hair instead of blue black already.

• Like 2

Noxxbunny

Guess who's back? (Back again...)

I feel like I only show up when I have new crew members lol. For that, I apologize! As I proceed to do it again 😆

First of course was the long awaited 9S!

I just got a pair of eyes I like for him, his wig isn't finished yet though, so he's still WIP, but he's so nice!

IMG_20200228_141011.jpg.75cd9bbbee78f05c18935b8e18be33f8.jpg

Next addition to the group...

IMG_20200228_135849.jpg.85d8a804af28f2c71ebe2117df5da4e3.jpg

Coron! Soooo shortly after I got 9S, I took my first trip to Japan, saw this cutie in person and had to have her 😅 I justified it with "she's tax free and I don't have to pay for shipping!" (though I love her, with the amount I spent on doll things...I should have just bought a really overpriced Arle from Dollyteria LOL. Jk though, I liked getting many doll things over having to only get Arle and nothing else basically.)

So the funny thing about this girl...she comes with a sister!

BeautyPlus_20200219180537941_save.jpg.15999bdf77cddf08a87b29c0af1dc545.jpg

I successfully brought my boyfriend to the doll side, he brought home a DDH-08 Dream Choice girl! We still don't have set names...we've been calling them Ramune and Cola(sort of sounds like Coron? lol)

Man, I can't help but wonder what the Volks staff was thinking when we left with 2 dolls and clothes while looking like typical scrubby travelers...the bill was YIKES lol. 😆

But anyway, Coron actually got put onto a shared MDD body because the real reason I wanted her was for...Rin of course!

BeautyPlus_20200226071514511_save.jpg.4bab8b8d91b75932aa826630ca95b008.jpg

I think it really suits her. I've thought she was too tall for a very long time now. I think Rin should have always been a DDP tbh, I actually wish they had delayed Rin and Len like a year to do that. So far I'm happy that I don't have to get rid of her DDS clothes. They're a little long on her now, but stuff still fits. Overall I came back with a good haul, a lot of it not pictured because I got a lot of OT stuff but going to Volks was so surreal and I went there like 4 times over my 10 day stay lol.

• Like 3

angelicore

oh, rin looks adorable in that outfit! o(〃^▽^〃)o i agree with you about the DDP body looking better on her too, i think it's a lot more suited to the character. hopefully there will be more DDP releases in the future for more "childish" characters who aren't quite enough so to be MDDs. 

♡ (they/them) ♡

lardroom

Coron looks so cute with how sulky she is. I think I'm appreciating more and more the mini dolfies.

Noxxbunny

Man I am so bad at keeping up with things here >_< sorry I never reply lately! I do read and appreciate comments even when I forget to answer or like them.

A couple updates...I went out and got the DWC heads and made a pair of brothers!

BeautyPlus_20200623095729803_save.jpg.bdcb1de2efa6a543f86b3d81f6491a05.jpg

Individually...my DWC-01 boy is called Sorren! His theme is lemon based!

IMG_20200524_101305.jpg.b30fe23004aa05544cfb58b0630228fb.jpg

I didn't have his outfit yet when I took this picture lol. The yellow hoodie in the first photo is his look!

Second is my strawberry DWC-02 themed boy, Frel!

IMG_20200610_171914.jpg.4285c8db4d9ed923b394b4fa0b3f617a.jpg

I got a little wild on Frel's faceup because I was worried he looked too similar to Kaito honestly lol. It went surprisingly well! His eyelines were done with holo glitter flakes and mod podge! It took me forever but I'm pretty happy with the result!

Anywho, I have a semi-white DWC-01 on preorder from Volks USA that I have an idea for too, so hopefully I can get working on that soon. I really like these 2 heads, I really feel like they were the exact style of head I like to work with. I can see myself buying more of them before DWC is over...not that I need any more floating heads! 😆

• Like 6

Noxxbunny

Continuing this thread tradition...Look who finally joined my household!!

BeautyPlus_20210114070530052_save.jpg.84dfbdc40356608bd8455ce6d9371c27.jpg

I'm so excited that she's finally here! It's been a rough year hobby-wise for me, with international shipping having basically gone under, I've just felt very disconnected from being able to order anything that interests me. I never post simply because I tend to not have any pictures worth posting anymore. (And this one isn't exactly high quality, but what can ya do?)

Arle though has been a little ray of sunshine in this seemingly endless dark and dreary winter we've been having out here. It's funny that she's all blue now since her character concept will eventually end up having her wearing mostly pinks and reds. Been calling her Arle, but her name is actually Ruby now :) she just doesn't look like lit at the moment lol!

• Like 4

Noxxbunny

Just popping in to post a couple new things going on...Sometimes I miss posting in this thread all the time. First up is that Sorren got a faceup re-do recently

BeautyPlus_20210616152205632_save.jpg.93f3c4c8969fec09125b16d32fce0b2b.jpg

And MDD Kaito also got a new faceup and some mod work that I've been really proud of 😄

EDTIMG_20210704_0057422.jpg.fbfe61b54839eb961bfeae092416b5c9.jpg

Truth is, I've been visting back at home in California, so forgive me for the limited outfits lol! Sorren and Kaito are sharing a body at the moment since I have limited space.

• Like 3

marionbearmaker

Wow, all your crew is so cute! Great face-ups on your boys :).

• Like 1

Noxxbunny

Always late replying...my memory is so bad lately at checking back after I post. But marionbearmaker thank you!! I wouldn't have a lot of my MDD boys if the body I got from you hadn't gotten me hooked! I have more 1/4 dolls than 1/3 now. I used to say I didn't prefer them lol!

Just stopped by to post more pictures...I ended up having 9S sent out to me me too. I started playing Nier Reincarnation and it got me on a bit of a kick again...

BeautyPlus_20210827173254770_save.jpg.9897478028050f5cdb6ac32d88b0c4b1.jpg

I plan on making him another wig...the alpaca one I made him warped in the headcap for some reason. I'm not sure why. Hopefully I can keep it from happening a second time. I'm also planning on making the wig much shorter. I was messing with styling and when I was putting the wig on, I noticed if I had it about 1/4 of the way on his head, it actually looked sort of like what I want? Made me realize how long this one and the one I made before were...

While I was on that thought train, I just made a comparison photo and I'm still always blown away by how much the face looks like 9S in game. The biggest diference I notice is the eye size. I purposely wanted my Nines with a higher eyeline to make his eyes seem cuter and rounder. So when I also look at the blank head, I just can't help but think about what a good job Volks did. 😆

comp9S.jpg.85099989fefd8564648c177f15f2a6b3.jpg

Wish I got a better picture, but since the wig isn't actually really on, I had to hold it in this position with one hand and take a picture with the other lol. But it'll make a good reference for wig making later, I hope.

• Like 1

Noxxbunny

Felt bad spamming my IG with 9S, so I thought I'd post my latest here. I finally finished his second alpaca wig. I'm pretty happy with the result, though it still needs a bit more styling.

Please excuse his pink strawberry hoodie(it's for Frel when I get back to my place), I don't like to keep him in his uniform all the time because he keeps getting stained various places through the bodysuit and I don't even know how. He has a plain white t-shirt incoming that I plan on trying to find a cool decal to iron on, at least 😆

00100trPORTRAITre.jpg.bb4586fd30bf90bb78046e82e8297110.jpg

00100trPORTRAITCOVERre.jpg.2859e3ee6eb0195db6880e66e28424e0.jpg

I'm just glad I've been able to finally get in some proper bonding time with Nines, I felt like I really neglected him after I got him because life got so busy. I think he looks a fair bit happier these days I've been able to work on him.

• Like 1

Noxxbunny

Woo, here to drop a fun picture. I actually just finished a cross country TRAIN trip yesterday! I took Amtrak all the way from California back to Illinois in a sleeper car. I had 9S, MDD Kaito, and my Tinyfox boy with me on the train(well, I also had Nagisa's head)

Kaito had a ton of fun! And so did I! It was a really interesting experience!

mddkai1231.jpg.7559a48f2b420213fc0f88a6a9791bbf.jpg

I didn't take any pictures of 9S because I was kinda self-conscious(and honestly the lighting wasn't good for it anyway. 9S is hard to take pictures of as it is for me)

The car attendant came by often, and I feel like Kaito is more easily explained than 9S is if someone saw him. 😆 I did also take pictures of my Tinyfox boy, but he's not on topic for this thread lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Noxxbunny

Just gonna drop by and pop in a few new pictures. I was updating doll profiles today so a few members of my crew finally have better profile pictures!

Ruby1.jpg.f7aef8fea1993b6b30f596c6733fa0b7.jpg

First is Ruby! I never ended up posting her after she got a slight update to her proper hair color. Though I'm still searching for the perfect wig for her...lol.

Sorren1.jpg.59e337afa5270c2117e207c79330e8cb.jpg

Sorren is also back with a wig change! To a more actual lemon yellow style!

Nagisa1.jpg.30813ffa1b5b3c238cb99f77b4c6a0ef.jpg

Nagisa also got a wig that was more like the wig they were wearing in the Yahoo Auctions pictures when I first bought them! Also an eye color change! Unfortunately, the original ones are starting to get yellow...which is a real bummer.

Hotaru1.jpg.a67ec6ab78fa1f2b4f3b8ecfbfae4de0.jpg

Hotaru FINALLY has ears that I'm OKAY with for now. I might still tweak them a bit more later...lol.

That's all for now! 😄 Hope everyone has a happy new year!

• Like 8

Noxxbunny

Some quick pictures from the last couple days...I've been hanging out with 9S a lot again lately since I've been on another kick of absorbing Nier Automata content again like it's my job to do so 😆 I've sort of set up a cozy corner space for myself next to my desk where I can lie on my futon and watch videos and play games on my Switch and whatnot.

BeautyPlus_20211220015814257_save.jpg.9fd7fb4b7e8dca2e482c2a0e41aa8bbe.jpg

This next picture is just for the forum though because I have some IRL friends on my IG that I'm not sure if they'd really get holding my dolls while I watch anime...lol. They probably actually don't care at all, but...I've been trying to watch Cardcaptor Sakura all the way through for the first time, so Nines here has been joining me like this for some binge watching.

BeautyPlus_20211223100116188_save.jpg.087d517d0f168e5674790ed5600ee687.jpg

It's honestly kinda freezing in my apartment(hence the comfy fuzzy blanket and my sweater) so I feel kind of bad for keeping him in his uniform shorts, but they're just such cute shorts? Lol. Also please excuse my hand, I don't really know what I was doing with it. I had to reach out pretty far with my arm to get this shot without moving, so whoops?

I'm just really happy that 9S is a type who looks really smiley when I hold him. Unlike Mikuo who looks like he stares daggers at me if I even THINK about hugging him. I never tried this with Hotaru because he had broken elbows for the longest time and his fox ears get in the way. I've tried holding my MDDs like this too, but I kinda feel like they're too small. Seems I just prefer DD size for this. Kaito used to be my go-to for hanging out, but after 4ish years of being the king of my doll crew, I hope he doesn't mind having to share for a little while. 😅

Sorry for my rambling lol, I didn't think I'd post again before the new year, so uh...Happy holidays and New Year to everyone again!

• Like 1

Noxxbunny

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry if I long post for a bit... I was going through my whole thread yesterday and it had me feeling kind of nostalgic. But it made me realize I really need to take more pictures of my crew TOGETHER instead of individually all the time. 😆 I've gotten really bad at that.

I figured today was a good day for that. I really need the moral support of two at once right now.

BeautyPlus_20220103062427385_save.jpg.8dcd64eb7d1d2e81af3538da025252a0.jpg

I realized I never took a picture of 9S and Kaito together. I hate to say I have "favorites"... But I maybe have different dolls for different feelings, I guess. Kaito and 9S are my go-tos now when I'm feeling down or anxious. Having these two with me helps quite a bit. I feel like Kaito brings positive feelings to me, and 9S takes negative feelings away 😂 they're very effective if used together as a team!

As a side note though... Lol I am not looking forward to when 9S yellows as much as Kaito apparently has. They look so different even though they're both SWS. Getting colors right in pictures like this is still a challenge for me though...especially when I post from my phone.

Anyway, here's to a hopefully better year! 

• Like 3

Noxxbunny

Man, I gotta stop posting from my phone, the colors on that last picture look all wrong, even for me...lol.

Decided to try again, this time both with striped shirts? I just realized I did that. Looking at it now though, Kaito is due for his number tattoo to be repainted. It sure has been a while! I've thought about giving 9S some kind of number/barcode or something too so he fits in better with my Vocaloid crowd, but I'm undecided.

BeautyPlus_20220107230516580_11111.jpg.bafd32ef25d5645826d5798625ba363e.jpg

These two stay dutifully by my side though as I recover from minor surgery. Wish I could go back to holding them on my lap already, but that'll have to wait until my stitches heal up first. 😆 Just having them and the rest of my crew with me really helps me feel better already. Hopefully as I go into 2022, I can go back to posting more regularly and with more enthusiasm like I had when I first started the hobby. I really miss feeling like I used to more creative things, even if the pictures aren't very good! I think it'll be a good year to try now that my health is back on track.

Edited by Noxxbunny
  • Like 3

Noxxbunny

Sooo...I was bored last night and had the sudden realization that I never really bothered to compare 9S and Kaito's posing ability. I guess I figured it was sort of a moot point because Kaito's 60cm body from Parabox has been long discontinued now. But hey, it may help someone. So here's some DDB with the f3 frame vs Obitsu/Parabox male 60cm body 😆

comp5.jpg.49f2ed6b32f3001aa4cc084162a77e2d.jpg

Starting with height standing side by side. Pretty even, as they should be. Though Kaito has a lot more thigh gap lol.

comp6.jpg.683172521f1de3aa6d66484039242002.jpg

Arm posing! 9S wins by a landslide because of his double jointed arm. Kaito actually is usually wearing a DDS elbow set to combat this. Because it leaves a lot to be desired if kept to the default joint.

comp4.jpg.7357dac267d6f44047fe06464457ebfa.jpg

Leg bend! Kaito wins this one. Though, I guess if we're taking looks, it has always been hard to overlook what his knee looks like even if it functions a little better.

comp2.jpg.414f307b058804585b248349079b6b68.jpg

comp3.jpg.126b0d80738800491010c64d7f2dfbbc.jpg

High kicks! While Kaito can kick a little higher, I have to give it to 9S simply because he balances better. To be fair, I think that's less about Kaito's Obitsu frame and is more about his feet being really small. If I switched him to DD feet, I think he could do it.

comp10.jpg.465af3f7ecf172de9804a889acbdc4bd.jpg

Neither one can pull off a seiza style sit, but Kaito gets a little bit closer than 9S, I think.

comp9.jpg.0cc61dadd4d1c035dc8ae7a6afb0a701.jpg

Regular sitting with legs straight down. Not a problem at all for either one, of course. I'd call this perfectly even.

comp8.jpg.6e35caeedb8d43abd8d463f5d7f18c1f.jpg

Side bends from the torso! I wanna give this one to Kaito for ability, but it's another one where I dock him points for needing the stand. 9S does this pose unassisted.

comp7.jpg.f53651160fe23451d9bc51a0f6e406ee.jpg

And lastly, back bend! Gonna give it to 9S again for no stand assist.

All in all, I'm happy with the results regardless. The fact that Obitsu keeps up with the f3 despite being much older is kinda funny when you think about it. I need to do this comparison again with Hotaru. Who uses the old DDIII frame. I think both bodies have their good and bad points. My main gripe has always been Kaito's arms and I found a solution for that ages ago by simply making him even more of a DD hybrid than he already is lol. If I have a complaint about the f3, it's that I wish the knees bent more, so I may buy a custom frame part to fix that as well. Anyway, I hope that was interesting and that everyone is having a good day lol!

• Like 3

Noxxbunny

Was trying last night to get this wig working for me(not much success) so I decided to snap a quick picture instead after...lol. Oh, I suppose I never mentioned that Phi had his character changed since his concept just wasn't working out for me after all. His name is Astra now!

Just my two android boys annoying each other.

9SAstra.jpg.74de99998c750914d168775eda915743.jpg

MDDs are just so SHORT! I didn't used to care much about my dolls and their character's heights since most of them do not overlap in story or fandom or anything. But for the pairs I have that DO(like my Vocaloid crew), I am nitpicky. I was able to successfully make Rin a DDP and Mikuo is DDS to fit my interpretation of their characters better in relation to Kaito's height...

9S and Astra are supposed to be in the same series too, so I have a double problem that 9S is too tall on the DDB body and Astra is too short on MDD lol. I think in my head, I picture Astra to be only about a head shorter than 9S. I think DDSB and DDP would be more fitting...they're both very short characters lol. Oh well...I will somehow have to learn to live with it, since it can't change right now. 😆

• Like 2

dollieseance

you always have the cutest clothes i swear 😭😭 astra 

• Like 1