Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MikoAkiko23

what kind of games do ya'll play?

meltystardrops

Recently I just finished Atelier Ryza 1-3 and I'm moving onto the Atelier Sophie games! I love rpgs so they've definitely been in my backlog for awhile and I'm glad I was finally able to get to them, I enjoyed them a lot!

I'm also super excited for the new story of seasons game coming out at the end of the month.

Edited by meltystardrops
  • Like 2

StartPlanting
On 6/12/2023 at 2:06 PM, finnleo said:

for some reason Atelier Thighs Ryze seems to have made a splash, but I didnt even bother after Lulua.

Lol. Yeah thighs doesn’t appeal to me at all. 😂 This is great information, thank you sharing it all with me!!

finnleo

hmm.. a bit of a update on this front since something has pretty much dominated my free time recently, making me forget my usual suspects nearly totally.

Namely I was looking for some resource management city-building challenge type stuff and stumbled across Ixion, at first glance by description it seemed like a sci-fi re-skinned Frostpunk, which it sort of has been, but the building layout is more in line with Dungeon keeper, and also the story while dark, isnt quite as dark as Frostpunk could be (stumbling to the alternative food sources option was a thing...), and it adds a dash of Starcontrol 2 (sans aliens) to the mix too.

Overall its been a bit addictive trying to navigate the exploration and research options to the least dreadfull results, while trying to keep some kind of balance onboard the station with the limited space available. The soundtrack isnt too bad either although it probably could use more tracks as certain themes loop a bit often depending on what star system you are in.

Although on the topic of space sci-fi games, I still sort of wish Hardspace shipbreaker would make an update that takes out the sorry excuse for a "plot" ... and maybe a new ship class. But I guess this one has been abandoned more or less.

cluffy

currently, i'm playing through pokemon ultra moon & cave story!! & simultaneously trying to learn how to play puyo puyo.. definitely the dumbest i've ever felt trying to learn a game but it's so rewarding when you manage to chain correctly!! ... thankfully there are innumerable guides on puyo basics written specifically for newbies like myself :,)

ragnamuffin

Got back into an old Japanese mmorpg a few months ago and have been addicted to it ever since, hence the disappearance for a while 🥷 

I’ve also played through LiEat 1-3 and Märchen Forest these past few months, and got halfway through Little Witch Nobeta before shelving it. Another forum member recommended it because of all the doll enemies, but Souls-like games are clearly not for me because I constantly felt like I was one enemy attack away from having a full-on nervous breakdown 😂 

Now I’m reading my way through Tsukihime and hopefully Witch on the Holy Night next.

nyampo

I’m playing the Sims 4 and went crazy on custom content, still have to remove some of the broken ones. I’m surprised not more doll people play the sims.

TheVeilsCurse

Rainbow Six Siege is my multiplayer game of choice still!
When it comes to single player games, I'm working on getting all of the trophies in Resident Evil 4 Remake.

Generally speaking, I like Horror, FPS, Adventure/RPG and Visual Novels.

Scholar

I tend to like a lot of different things. I adore Valhiem and Planet Zoo. Love the new Pharaoh game that is an updated version of the old school Sierra one. I play WoW, FFXIV, and Sea of Thieves on occassion. Love the chill vibes of Palia and Dreamlight valley. Also a Simmer. 😄

finnleo

So today was patch day in Fourteen ... so naturally had the get caught up with that ... amusingly there was a moment that continued a certain character specific joke thats been around since Shadowbringers:

53232019593_b7e122c626_b.jpg

ffxiv_03102023_180314_890

I actually did humoristically go "Yes, mom." at my screen, only to be rewarded by the squeky toy sounds of estinien and my character nodding, and I laughed even harder.

And now we get to wait for a year untill dawntrail... yay'

EDIT: Also managed to finally get to a current patch endpoint in Island sanctuary:

53257586689_e3820cb30c_b.jpg

ffxiv_14102023_171516_842

Im just a bit annoyed by the hood covering most of the face, but will have to see if it makes it to any actual glamour set I use.

Also went back to playing Cyberpunk 2077, with the 2.0 update... have mixed feelings with the changes they made... and for some reason it feels more buggy now than ever.. still have yet to get into phantom liberty because of how my characters are at the moment (dont feel like touching my end game nomad just for it for some reason).

Edited by finnleo

GlassWisteria

I'm into otome games, metrovania and recently getting into more farming sim like Rune Factory and cozy games like Cozy Grove. I also like adventure/rpg games, but haven't really played lately, and my backlog seems to be neverending hahaha.

I like puzzle games too, like the Professor Layton series! I finished the original trilogy last year, and finished the prequel trilogy this year. 

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, GlassWisteria said:

recently getting into more farming sim like Rune Factory

Glad to see Rune Factory getting more love. It’s such a great series.

GlassWisteria
19 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Glad to see Rune Factory getting more love. It’s such a great series.

Yeah, I had a great time with Rune Factory 4! I'm only stuck on marriage though. I want to marry both Leon and Dylas so I wanted to get all their events before their romance ones and split my game save, but I can't seem to get Dylas's "Smile Practice" event no matter what and I keep getting sleep over one. So I quit the game after that and I also finished the main storyline, so I wasn't motivated to continue playing ^^; 

Rune Factory 5 is still in my backlog too, and I'll hopefully get around to it before the year ends lol

• Like 1

Shiiza

I just finished my fall semester at school so now I have time to focus on games for a little bit. I've been playing a lot of Baldur's Gate 3 and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. My partner and I have been playing a lot of Stardew Valley together as well. 😄 Also gonna finally sit down and play the Resident Evil 4 remake finally! 

And then my endless hours on my deckbuilding games. Right now I'm playing lots of Slay the Spire. 

I had intentions of getting back into FFXIV again finally, but idk, I'm still not feeling it. T_T; 

Giallo_Gatta

I'm kind of obsessed with Moe Can Change rn. I just downloaded it to pass the time while trying to get my DGF login info back, but now I actually like MCC better, I think. Although that could be because I based my Myroid on my DD 😉

Azurluna
Posted (edited)

I find it kind of hard to get into games sometimes, but I do have quite a few games I like. Some of my favourites are anything Dark souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro/Elden Ring, Fire Emblem series, Tales of Berseria/Arise, a little bit of Atelier. I loved the first Xenoblade game too, but I found the later games a bit boring. Though recently I've played through both Nier Automata and Replicant, which have some of the best world building I've seen as of recently. I also enjoy a bit of casual rhythm and fighting games too and the occasional visual novel like Steins Gate.

Edited by Azurluna

Persiflage

I've been into nothing but Metroidvania and Zelda-like hack and slash for a long time. Moonscars, Katana Zero and Hyper Light Drifter are my favorites lately.

SonataAvalon
Posted (edited)

Xenoblade, Smash, Persona, Pokemon... Picked up Yokai Watch 2 again...

there's too many games I play...

Edited by SonataAvalon
too single

Giragira

Right now its mostly Elden Ring, getting hyped for the upcoming DLC.

But I love jrpgs so StarOcean, .Hack, Xenosaga, The Atelier Series, Labyrinth of Refrain etc. It's no small wonder I got into dolls lol.

But I really love the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons series. The art is so cute and squishy!

• Like 1

Inolth

Vrchat!