Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

marikamira

New Smart Doll Apparel!

marikamira

Danny just listed a bunch of new Smart Doll apparel and wigs today:

https://shop.smartdoll.jp

I don't own a Smart Doll (yet) but I have a DD, and I think these casual clothes would look lovely on her but soooo expensive >< Shipping price to Ohio is 3,200 yen But I know that each piece of clothing is great quality and doesn't stain...but hmmm 7,000 yen for that new cream cardigan...what a dilemma

A question to Smart Doll owners - do you guys usually hesitate to buy the clothing?

At home: Kanna<3(Custom DDH-01 MDD NS)

*Seiya-kun is getting reshelled into the new SmD Eiji*

foo

The link to the new stuff is here,

https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/latest

Just a warning about putting the clothing on DDs, they are made for Smart Dolls. Like with the V-Neck T-Shirt, he says he spent a lot of time trying to get it to properly fit the Smart Doll body.

I intend to review at some point the Smart Doll clothing I bought at the Mirai Store for how it fits on DDs. The shorts which I bought some time ago fit insanely well. I bought the jeans while I was there because the TTYA ones for SD13 I have don't really hug the butt. Unfortunately the SmD jeans weren't such a great buy. I remember reading that the Smart Doll fit is closer to DDdy than DD, and that's probably true.

The shorts are amazing though.

rukitron

Kinda want the bikini, but the pricing is a bit much. I may buy it with the set of hands if he returns to Anime Expo.

Cauldroness

Just a warning about putting the clothing on DDs, they are made for Smart Dolls. Like with the V-Neck T-Shirt, he says he spent a lot of time trying to get it to properly fit the Smart Doll body.

I intend to review at some point the Smart Doll clothing I bought at the Mirai Store for how it fits on DDs. The shorts which I bought some time ago fit insanely well. I bought the jeans while I was there because the TTYA ones for SD13 I have don't really hug the butt. Unfortunately the SmD jeans weren't such a great buy. I remember reading that the Smart Doll fit is closer to DDdy than DD, and that's probably true.

Huh, the jeans from my Mirai fit DD like a DREAAAAAAAM! I wonder if he made changes to the size or cut of the jeans? The ones I have are a super-snug fit on DD and would never fit on DDdy. I got my Mirai in Sept 2014, when are your jeans from?

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

marikamira

Yeah I was planning on buying jeans and shorts from TTYA, but you make me want to buy them from smart doll now...do you think those smart doll shorts have enough room to put stockings under when worn on a DD? How about the TTYA shorts? And if it's not too much to ask, do you possibly have a photo of your DD wearing the TTYA jeans?

foo
The ones I have are a super-snug fit on DD and would never fit on DDdy. I got my Mirai in Sept 2014, when are your jeans from?

I bought them last month when I was at the Mirai Store in Tokyo (・・')

I'll take some proper photos soon, I guess. Does it fit as well on a DD as it does Mirai? On Miku, it's definitely loose,

FGGN1Kq.jpg

Which is unlike the shorts. There's some photos of the TTYA ones in my Flickr stream, like this or this.

Yeah I was planning on buying jeans and shorts from TTYA, but you make me want to buy them from smart doll now

DEFINITELY get the shorts from Smart Doll. For jeans, hmm. Like I said the SmD ones are loose, but OTOH it's easier for the doll to sit in them. The TTYA ones look better since they have a nice stonewashed appearance.

...do you think those smart doll shorts have enough room to put stockings under when worn on a DD?

Like a body stocking? I think so.

Edit: I wonder if the cut of the jeans has changed because IIRC people said that they were hard to put on, but they kind of just slipped on easily. The TTYA jeans were a total struggle to put on at first, like insanely tight. They're much easier now after time.

Monty

The smart doll clothes look amazing but they're currently just a bit out of my budget. Luckily there's not too much stuff for the boys yet anyway. If he does make more clothes for Eiji I'll be more tempted, because he's a difficult size to shop for. If he made a suit for Eiji I'd buy it in a heartbeat - I'm not 100% sure if the white suit for the girls would fit him but I dont want to risk it.

What I'm actually most excited about is the fact that he's finally selling more wigs! I hope more keep coming out soon cos he's showed so many on Eiji that I havent seen since :c

marikamira

Ended up purchasing the short jeans, blue wool beret, blue long sleeve v-neck, hooded zip cardigan, and the gray tights. Was quite expensive so hopefully they fit my DD well and last long! Although I'm pretty confident the items I purchased will fit ok. The long sleeve v-neck is slightly baggy on smart doll girls so I'm pretty sure it'll look fine on DD busts.

Cauldroness
The ones I have are a super-snug fit on DD and would never fit on DDdy. I got my Mirai in Sept 2014, when are your jeans from?

I bought them last month when I was at the Mirai Store in Tokyo (・・')

I'll take some proper photos soon, I guess. Does it fit as well on a DD as it does Mirai? On Miku, it's definitely loose,

http://i.imgur.com/FGGN1Kq.jpg

Which is unlike the shorts. There's some photos of the TTYA ones in my Flickr stream, like this or this.

Yeah I was planning on buying jeans and shorts from TTYA, but you make me want to buy them from smart doll now

DEFINITELY get the shorts from Smart Doll. For jeans, hmm. Like I said the SmD ones are loose, but OTOH it's easier for the doll to sit in them. The TTYA ones look better since they have a nice stonewashed appearance.

...do you think those smart doll shorts have enough room to put stockings under when worn on a DD?

Like a body stocking? I think so.

Edit: I wonder if the cut of the jeans has changed because IIRC people said that they were hard to put on, but they kind of just slipped on easily. The TTYA jeans were a total struggle to put on at first, like insanely tight. They're much easier now after time.

Now that I think about it, I think I remember something about Danny Choo changing the jean design because first-time doll owners were complaining about how hard they were to get on? I noticed, when he was selling the classic blue jeans, they didn't quite look the same as the pair I own -- they seemed a bit baggier.

The jeans I have are almost skin-tight. Getting them up over DD legs involves a lot of tugging, cursing, and praying to various clothing dieties. Once they're on, though, they look great!

Galvatim

The jeans from my Kizuna fit on DDIII incredibly well.

26551661122_d20629e6eb_c.jpg

26618541236_d206f25ef1_c.jpg

26551702232_88ed9fe322_c.jpg

Rin can sit in them, too! I know the SmD shorts I have fit DDS, but I seem to recall not getting them on the DDIII body.

26552527142_c0aee08bfa_c.jpg

The cargo pants are just a tad too small for DDdy. Looks like maybe Danny is making the jeans with this size waist now? Did Danny change the size to better fit Eiji, too?

foo
The cargo pants are just a tad too small for DDdy. Looks like maybe Danny is making the jeans with this size waist now? Did Danny change the size to better fit Eiji, too?

When I was at the store, I asked about the black jeans and what I got from that was, yes the black jeans will be baggy but they do fit on girls, and yes the blue jeans are the same as the default set. The default set is actually changing to Chitose's corduroy thing which is why they're selling it separately*. So either they changed the default set jeans to be bigger, or the blue jeans they sell are actually meant to fit Eiji :/ The style (bell-bottom like) is like the more feminine default jeans though rather than Eiji's.

And actually, it doesn't seem like they're selling the blue jeans on the website (・・') Also the store's kind of broken and you can't actually see any product pages...

Chitose's default set is also supposed to be available as another product, but it wasn't for sale yet when I was there (which was a couple days after Chitose was released). I'm guessing they'll be selling that set and the blue jeans on the web store at about the same time as when they start selling that.

marikamira

When I was at the store, I asked about the black jeans and what I got from that was, yes the black jeans will be baggy but they do fit on girls, and yes the blue jeans are the same as the default set. The default set is actually changing to Chitose's corduroy thing which is why they're selling it separately*. So either they changed the default set jeans to be bigger, or the blue jeans they sell are actually meant to fit Eiji :/ The style (bell-bottom like) is like the more feminine default jeans though rather than Eiji's.

And actually, it doesn't seem like they're selling the blue jeans on the website (・・') Also the store's kind of broken and you can't actually see any product pages...

Chitose's default set is also supposed to be available as another product, but it wasn't for sale yet when I was there (which was a couple days after Chitose was released). I'm guessing they'll be selling that set and the blue jeans on the web store at about the same time as when they start selling that.

Yeah last time I saw the blue jeans on the site, they were sold out, so he may have just removed them from the site for the time being.

Galvatim

I hope the blue jeans will come back in stock, and with a fit like my Kizuna's pair... I'd love to have another pair or 2.

I did snag a Stars and Stripes bikini, the other day. I've been wanting one since Chun first released them. I have a camo one from her original run, though.

Eustia

I rather like those fold boots. How do smart doll feet compare to DD (or DDS)?

foo

FWIW I got Mirai's default set shoes and they fit fine on a DD. I just had to use a shoe horn (actually the corner of an M&Ms package wrapper) to slide the foot in.

Marilyn

Cauldroness says they're practically identical in this post: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=13718&p=188634#p188634

Side by sides can be seen in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10638

Dollfie Dream Cheryl || Smart Doll Ebony Futaba

Order a doll… empty the bank account… feel like so.

Monty

I seem to remember archangeli (I think it was her?) had a video in which she put smart doll boots on a DD and after the struggle to get them on it stretched them to the extent that the stitching loosened and it warped a bit.

But even looking at the comparison thread you can see that the DD feet are a bit wider than the smartdoll feet. Maybe it's only an issue on really tight boots, I dont know if the fold boots are that tight.

Cauldroness

Yup, any shoe that fits DD will be just fine on Smart Doll, but shoes designed specifically for Smart Doll may not be an ideal fit on DD because Smart Doll has an ever-so-slightly narrower foot and Danny makes very, very closely fitted shoes.

I was able to get my Mirai shoes on DD feet, but it took a lot of very careful wiggling and it was an exceptionally tight fit.

cirquemom

If you use a blow dryer to heat up the vinyl a lot of times that will make it much easier to get them on.

Cauldroness

Smart Dolls shoes aren't made of vinyl. They're generally made of fabric, leather, or faux-leather, so heating up the shoe isn't really going to do anything.

You could heat up the DD foot in order to shove it inside the shoe, but then either the foot will cool and return to its original shape/size (thus stretching out the shoe, which is what you're trying to avoid in the first place) OR the DD foot will mold to the shape of the inside of the shoe as it cools off and get weird lines/dents/creases in the vinyl (which is probably not something you want, either).

A second round under the blow dryer, or perhaps in hot water, might convince the vinyl to return to its original shape but it's not something I'd want to risk...

The problem here is the DD foot is ever-so-slightly wider and taller than the Smart Doll foot, so DD shoes on a Smart Doll is easy, but Smart Doll shoes on a DD is a different matter entirely.

Galvatim

I gave up on getting the Smart Doll shoes on my Kizuna, although to be honest, I have so many pairs of loafers I wasn't trying too hard. I'm assuming there's some variance in fit on Smart Doll (and DD) clothes, just like the small paint defects found on mass produced figures.

foo
I'm assuming there's some variance in fit on Smart Doll (and DD) clothes, just like the small paint defects found on mass produced figures.

Probably, but when I was at the Mirai Store they had a bin of reject shoes you could buy for like 1/3 the price. Well, I called them rejects, I was told they're not rejects, just, you know. Rejects.

K-2

Kizuna approves of the new apparel.

KazunaBikini.jpg

She's been lobbying for the black pumps too.

MVSig.jpg

Marilyn
Kizuna approves of the new apparel.

She's been lobbying for the black pumps too.

Nice! It fits really well. May I ask what bust size she has?

Dollfie Dream Cheryl || Smart Doll Ebony Futaba

Order a doll… empty the bank account… feel like so.

K-2
Nice! It fits really well. May I ask what bust size she has?

My Kizuna is currently a large bust, but I'm going to bump her down to a medium. Once I do I'll do a re-shoot.

MVSig.jpg