Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel

Gabriel's Girls and the Photography of Doom

Gabriel

Here are my first pictures of the year.

31716376450_d60b41572c_z.jpgTecraHat

Tecra wanted to show off her hat.

Tecra: "My name is Tecra. I've got a cool hat, and my homies agree, I really look good in black. (as long as I'm in this bodysuit)"

32052699396_9e5f992a35_b.jpgTecraWitchy

The Lady Wizard set was supposed to go to Cynthia, but it came in after I got my October event stuff and Tecra claimed it. Just before this picture, Tecra had fallen over. She ended up in pretty much the exact state pictured here. I thought it looked cool and witchy.

Tecra: "It's MINE now, and she can't have it back."

31281163493_9d44f3e452_c.jpgTecraWitchy02

I wanted to show off her outfit.

Tecra: "I put a spell on you!"

Me: "Sounds scientific."

31943180472_99e6b2199c_b.jpgCynthiaSalute

This is Cynthia's recently acquired Autumn Classical /Cafe Mocha set. I kind of got a WW2 lady officer vibe off it, so I ditched the floral stockings and paired it with boots and the beret. Also, the little hair ornament looked better to me as a sort of tie. I think she looks nice. Unfortunately, Cynthia didn't agree. She couldn't get her hair in order and kept diving to the floor to avoid the camera.

Cynthia: "No. I don't want to take pictures now!"

Me: ::sigh::

31943180102_7e52f118b4_b.jpgGothicAmber

Here's Amber showing off her old Intrigue Rose outfit in some stunningly poor photography. But here comes the star attraction.

31943179952_4c054af500_c.jpgMacrossAmber06

One of the earliest photos I took of Amber was with my VF-19 Advance. Now she has an outfit to go along with it.

Amber: "Hello everyone. Welcome to my first concert. Thank you so much for coming."

31716376710_b515301f1c_b.jpgMacrossAmber01

I've wanted this set for a while. It's one of my favorite character costumes ever.

31716376590_fd4a6dbf69_c.jpgMacrossAmber04

Amber is rockin' out. Listen to her song!

32052699526_b652d707b1_c.jpgMacrossAmber05

Amber is trying to pose like the Ranka figure I have in my Valkyrie display.

Amber: "This is hurting my ankle."

Me: "OK, I got it. You can relax now."

31943180352_a0e6b08b28_c.jpgMacrossAmber02

I got the girls this Cappuccino Cushion thing. However, I've decided it's their pet. It looks kind of like Ranka's phone thing, doesn't it? In my girls' world, it's a creature called a "moop."

Amber: "Concerts are hard work. Time to relax."

Moop: "Mooooop."

32052699266_e1802dcc60_c.jpgMacrossAmber03

Amber relaxes at the end of the photoshoot with the moop. One of the things I really like about this outfit are the shoes. I like those little lightning bolt heels.

Amber: "Happy New Year everyone!"

Moop: "Mooooop."

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

sinclair
Lighting is hard. Posing is hard. Then when I get everything right, I notice hair is heading random directions.

::sigh::

This happens to all of us. If someone says otherwise, they are lying. But I don't let it stop me. DD's are just too kawaii not to photograph and post. So keep it up, they are a cute bunch there.

Buff

Totally cute trio you have and I think I love your witchy woman the best!

FullyCustom

Such cuties! Your trio look wonderful! Well done with them

Error_lady

These are some beautiful outfits, they really suit your dolls!

sinclair

It's Amber and I. You don't say "Me went to the park," you say "I went to the park.".... (This curse of a father with an English major is killing me. )

Anywho, I saw your other post about the new camera. It's so nice to have something that takes good photos. I'm glad you are taking it out and putting it to use. Such cute photos.

Gabriel

One step forward, two steps back. I dunno, still better than what I was taking before.

Amber and Cynthia got some new clothes. They were excited, so off to the blank white wall we went.

32918069461_b72ff3cb3a_z.jpgIMG_0124 by Gabriel Alexander, on Flickr

Tecra didn't feel like dressing up. But, like her sisters, she decided it was time to try a new hairstyle.

32662638420_e4ed6de888_z.jpgIMG_0132 by Gabriel Alexander, on Flickr

Oh, and she found Cynthia's necklace.

32199254424_7522e41a77_z.jpgIMG_0134 by Gabriel Alexander, on Flickr

buncho

Oh goodness, I can't decide whether I like Tecra better in twintails or with the hime hairstyle she's wearing now... Either way, she looks adorable! That loose sweater/skirt combination makes my heart melt

You and your girls have very good taste in shoes!

Gabriel

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Buncho, the strange thing is that I've had that wig for ages (well, over a year and a half). Other than Amber using it for a few photos shortly after she first arrived (and played with my then recently acquired VF-19 Advance), it's been sitting in the drawer unused. It didn't really suit Cynthia, and Tecra's default wig surprised me with how much I liked it. But it seemed everyone was getting a new hairstyle, and Tecra demanded one too, so I hauled the old choco purple wig out and tried it with her for the first time. I have to admit, it makes Tecra look hyper cute. I'll have to see how it does over time and how well it goes with some of what I've grown to see as her signature outfits.

And I just have to say how happy and relieved I am to have finally found a couple of new wigs which I feel fit Cynthia. Her new two red and black wigs are soooo much better than her old black one which she's wearing back at the beginning of this thread. That old one is simply terrible. It would NEVER behave. It NEVER wanted to stay on her head. And it felt hideous, like it's made out of... I don't want to think about it. Her new wigs, while longer, feel better and behave themselves much more. The one she's wearing in the current shots has some mild problems staying on her head but it's not riding up constantly like the old one did.

Anyway, it seems Tecra gave her sisters the pink "softer side of Sears" bug. And Cynthia seems to be extremely enamored of the pink tights she rediscovered. I probably need to take some pics of that.

v a n o r i

Wow you girls are so great =) I really love how you styled them all. I hope you show more pictures from them

sinclair

Sigh, the more I see her face, the more I want her. Congrats.

Gabriel

Torino's pics destroyed my last shred of ability to resist.

Ie-Aster

Candy is very cute! She looks almost like Akira's little sister the way you styled her.

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

MegWesley

I love the eyes you gave her! They make her look so sweet.

Home: Hatsune Miku ♡

Dohmoen

Hey Gabriel, your Candy is so cute in that last outfit! I'm really not saying she isn't cute in her first outfit, because she is, but the pink skirt and frilly white shirt just sent me in a squeee-fit.

How did you get the hair to be so neat? Did it come like that or are you just a master at styling dollfie hair?

Gabriel

It just comes like that. I'm the world's absolute worst at hair styling.

Monty

Torino's pics destroyed my last shred of ability to resist.

Ha! The masterplan to populate the forum with hundreds of Kagamines is working! ...Slowly, slowly working!

The green eyes do look really cute in her. And she really does seem to be made for cutesy pink things, doesn't she?

Gabriel

Ha! The masterplan to populate the forum with hundreds of Kagamines is working! ...Slowly, slowly working!

I knew there had to be some nefarious plan at play.

The green eyes do look really cute in her. And she really does seem to be made for cutesy pink things, doesn't she?

Definitely.

Ie-Aster

I like the formal look with the black background! It works especially in making the blonde girls "pop".

Also, I really like Candy's dress.

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)