Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel

Gabriel's Girls and the Photography of Doom

Gabriel

26751282648_a7d7668f5e_z.jpg

No, I haven't made any large credit card purchases while you were out. Why do you ask?

Sniiksnak

I believe her.

Look at those truthful eyes. Complete honesty. 100%

K-2

Define "large".

MVSig.jpg

Gabriel

Amber tells me I don't have time to photograph those new Macross girls. She thinks Sheryl and Freyja are massively overrated.

39497144340_1cb6227972_b.jpg

Galvatim

Amber does look pretty cute... Maybe a photo shoot of her with Sheryl and Freyja?

Gabriel

I haven't had the urge to take pics in a while. Today I had some time so I got the three newest girls to pose for a quick snap.

45429028752_b3ccf3daa4_z.jpg

Hopefully they look OK.

BeyondTime
I haven't had the urge to take pics in a while. Today I had some time so I got the three newest girls to pose for a quick snap.

Hopefully they look OK.

Saber looks great in that outfit, the corset is a creative mix and match.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Gabriel

Saber looks great in that outfit, the corset is a creative mix and match.

Since I didn't want to put her in her default, it seemed like the best choice. I'm still looking for the right kind of red heels to go with her default (since I don't like the greaves and sabatons). Come to think of it, maybe I should see how she rocks the Lady Wizard set.

Sheryl was in the Aoko Aozaki default set early on, but then she slipped into the Princess Pink Dress and has been that way for a while. To me she looks so cute in it.

Freyja is still trying to find her niche.

BeyondTime
I'm still looking for the right kind of red heels to go with her default (since I don't like the greaves and sabatons). Come to think of it, maybe I should see how she rocks the Lady Wizard set.

The color match on these isn't quite right, and it's not obvious from the pictures. They are a darker red in person, more of a wine red.

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/event/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=9611

She's very versatile. I suspect with her green eyes and fair skin she might look good as a redhead. Makes me want to see her with a freckled faceup.

Edited by Guest

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime
Some more recent arrivals.

M.O.M.O. is awesome.

Gabriel

Random occurrences of late...

Momo: Squee!

Altria: Excuse me?

45537436722_89d8b6be88_c.jpg

Amber: Get me out of this thing! I'm not a prize figure!

44674150955_0a7004b227_c.jpg

Ranka: Sheryl-san, I can't carry the one earring for you... but I can carry you!

Sheryl: There had better not be volcanoes involved, Ranka-chan.

45537887442_418a106d06_z.jpg

BeyondTime

Freyja is still trying to find her niche.

Have you tried her in Jeans and a blouse? Or, if you have it, Rin Tohsaka's school uniform minus the outer coat. I don't really know much about Macros, but something about Freyja as a DD makes me think she fits a very neat and trim look. It might be the overall cuteness of her face that makes me feel like she should wear stuff that doesn't draw attention away from it.

Don't know if that fits your personal style, or image of her.

Sheryl fits the Lolita look surprisingly well, and Lollita dresses work well on Saber with a long haired wig to go with them.

cfx

I'm coming to the conclusion Sheryl can be whatever you want her to be. I spend too much time looking for doll pics online for ideas, and lately I've seen Sheryl with many different wigs and she seems to look good in all of them.

Gabriel
I'm coming to the conclusion Sheryl can be whatever you want her to be. I spend too much time looking for doll pics online for ideas, and lately I've seen Sheryl with many different wigs and she seems to look good in all of them.

This is true. One thing that Bellatrix said in that other thread was "Sheryl is pure love." Yep, definitely.

BeyondTime
Not a Dollfie Dream, but say hello to Sabrina

Nice, was she FCS?

Gabriel

Nah, she's a Dolpa 24 SD-16 Daria.

Now I need a W-166 Center Parted Curls wig. I'm not sure what shade of brown I need, though.

Gabriel

That's correct.

I have the original fur stole, but I didn't like it. Instead she's wearing a Bambi Cape which I picked up some time back.

I don't know anything about SDs either. I guess I'll be learning.

Gabriel

Introducing Marion

43856718340_943ebb1229_z.jpg

43856717080_6619b941a6_z.jpg

43856716050_07ce9e1f26_z.jpg

43856715190_3916fa34a3_z.jpg

44949901914_f433e1cdde_z.jpg

44949900744_5e7a9a8c1a_z.jpg

44949899834_430f03a439_z.jpg

Marion is a KOS-MOS head on a DD f3 body. She's named Marion for a few reasons:

1) I think the KOS-MOS head works better as something other than KOS-MOS.

2) I was going to give her the brown wig you see, so I thought of how she is the vessel for Mary in the game. Therefore Marion is a nod to that.

3) I've always felt KOS-MOS was heavily inspired by the battle androids or "marionettes" in the old 80s OAV called Black Magic M-66. Marion is a nod to that too.

And, if you've played the first Xenosaga game on the PS2, these pics are my attempt to homage that.

• Like 1

cfx

She looks really good. I've always thought I didn't like the KOS-MOS sculpt, but your combination of eyes and wig makes her look different in a way I like her. Is that Aoko's wig?

That outfit is nice too and is another case of I didn't pay attention to it before because Volks pictures didn't make it look appealing.

Perhaps it's because you already mentioned it, but I can see the skin color difference in this picture:

44949899834_430f03a439_z.jpg

If what I see in that picture on my monitor is similar to how it really is, that may be within the range of variation for different batches of vinyl. The only SWS thing I currently have is a head so I can't say much about SWS in particular, but I have one NS bust that's far enough off in color to the rest of the NS body parts I have at first I thought Volks accidentally sent me a SWS part instead, though comparing it to the SWS head it doesn't match that either though I think it may be closer to that than the rest of my NS parts.

Gabriel
She looks really good. I've always thought I didn't like the KOS-MOS sculpt, but your combination of eyes and wig makes her look different in a way I like her. Is that Aoko's wig?

Yep. It's Aoko's wig. I was probably heavily influenced by this image on mfc:

https://myfigurecollection.net/picture/875143&context%5B%5D=categoryId%3A5&context%5B%5D=itemId%3A122999

But I like hair intakes. So Aoko's wig.

You know, I was going to get a L bust for her, but I think I like her with an M, so she'll probably stay that way.

That outfit is nice too and is another case of I didn't pay attention to it before because Volks pictures didn't make it look appealing.

I thought it looked nice in the promo shots, but it's always something of a crapshoot with the Volks DD themed sets along those lines. Sometimes I get something I really like, such as the Halter Neck Dress Sets (like what Momo has been wearing lately). Other times I get something that disappoints me like the Baby Pink Skirt Set.

Honestly, this set was originally aimed at one of my DDS girls, but Marion had to wear something, so she got to try it out. And... I have to say I like it a lot. It suits her somehow.

Perhaps it's because you already mentioned it, but I can see the skin color difference in this picture:

If what I see in that picture on my monitor is similar to how it really is, that may be within the range of variation for different batches of vinyl. The only SWS thing I currently have is a head so I can't say much about SWS in particular, but I have one NS bust that's far enough off in color to the rest of the NS body parts I have at first I thought Volks accidentally sent me a SWS part instead, though comparing it to the SWS head it doesn't match that either though I think it may be closer to that than the rest of my NS parts.

Last night when I was doing these images, I honestly didn't notice, probably because I was in my constant losing battle with hair. This morning now that I'm looking at it through a different monitor, I can definitely see it. Assuming we're seeing the same general color balance, it's close to how it is in that image. In person it's very slightly more pronounced. It was enough that I thought Volks had accidentally sent me a NS body instead of a SW, but comparisons to my other girls easily rule that out.

cfx

Yep. It's Aoko's wig. I was probably heavily influenced by this image on mfc:

https://myfigurecollection.net/picture/875143&context%5B%5D=categoryId%3A5&context%5B%5D=itemId%3A122999

But I like hair intakes. So Aoko's wig.

You know, I was going to get a L bust for her, but I think I like her with an M, so she'll probably stay that way.

I wish there were more hair intake wigs available. I don't think anyone outside of Volks makes them, and Volks non-character wigs may not have any either. I wonder if it's possible to add them to a wig with some kind of crimp iron?

I thought it looked nice in the promo shots, but it's always something of a crapshoot with the Volks DD themed sets along those lines. Sometimes I get something I really like, such as the Halter Neck Dress Sets (like what Momo has been wearing lately). Other times I get something that disappoints me like the Baby Pink Skirt Set.

Ah, thanks for pointing out the Halter Neck Sets.

Those are mostly a remake of the Saturday Aquarium Sets in different material:

http://www.volks.co.jp/dress/1210/

Can't see it from Volks pics (especially these tiny ones on the older pages) but those are made from a kind of satin material:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/muramach/archives/20012543.html

I had passed on the Halter Neck Sets because of how Volks' pictures make them look:

http://www.volks.co.jp/htd_kyoto14/sumika_tnk/

The Saturday Aquarium Sets had the halter part fit nicely around and under the bust, but the Volks pics of the Halter Neck Sets look like they changed and messed up the pattern.

However, your Momo pics look like they fit just like the aquarium sets.

Last night when I was doing these images, I honestly didn't notice, probably because I was in my constant losing battle with hair. This morning now that I'm looking at it through a different monitor, I can definitely see it. Assuming we're seeing the same general color balance, it's close to how it is in that image. In person it's very slightly more pronounced. It was enough that I thought Volks had accidentally sent me a NS body instead of a SW, but comparisons to my other girls easily rule that out.

Going out on a limb here because the color balance I see might not be reality, but the pink-ness of your SWS body looks like what I see on the floating head I have, so it is also possible they've changed what SWS looks like over time, or that your KOS-MOS head could have color changed since she's been around for a while. Since she was also the first SWS maybe Volks tweaked the color since? Wolf could answer that better since he has her as well as Takane, a much newer SWS.

I was surprised what SWS looked like when I got the head. I expected it, as the name suggests, to be whiter than NS, but the difference seems more like a difference in tint; i.e. the head I have doesn't really seem as much like it's lighter/whiter than NS, but rather that it's just a different color; it's more pink while NS has more orange (or brown, or something) to it.

BeyondTime
Wolf could answer that better since he has her as well as Takane, a much newer SWS.

I compared her to Anastasia who is newer than Takane, and I believe Kos-Mos is a bit paler. Comparing Ranko and Anya it looks to me like Ranko is also paler.

Compare Yukiho and Anastasia here.

http://www.dollfiedreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17527&start=0

I think that is similar to the difference between Kos-Mos and Anya.

I would say compare Anya to Ranko, but I think the exposure values are too different to make the photo a good comparison between those two.