The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Mario

New Smart Doll Guy(Update: REVEALED + Tea ver!)

SolicitorPirate

Anyone else really hate the way Danny and his fans keep referring to nipples as headlights? I'm not even sure why, but something about that just really annoys me

Error-Chan
Anyone else really hate the way Danny and his fans keep referring to nipples as headlights? I'm not even sure why, but something about that just really annoys me

I guess it's just something nice to call them like a code ^^

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Monty

I think it's funny tbh. The word 'nipple'is pretty goofy sounding anyway, I can never take it seriously.

The way Danny is talking about these boys really does imply they are licensed characters though. Ie 'guess who' and 'i think you can guess who the 2 new guys are' when showing the tan one. The tan one made me think Archer but I really don't know - that's a pretty impressive license if it is. It's obviously temp wigs and eyes they have in, and I even wondered if the milk one was Sebastian (from BlackButler, something I'd find a tad annoying cos damn aren't there enough dolls of this guy) but the tan one and the implication that he's from the same property has me stumped. Granted I don't really know much about code geass or it's characters at all (only the ones in the first 7 or so episodes - I never really got into it myself) are they more characters from that?

Anyway Danny confirmed that the new bust piece has a longer neck on twitter so it's not just the head sculpt and camera angles making his neck look longer. I'm hoping he sells this separate some time like he sells the girls busts.

marikamira

Gosh Danny. Why do you do this to me?? This is the faceup and body I've been wanting along for my Seiya Kanie - and I just got Eiji!! Ahhhhhh DX

Although he said that the bust and head will be sold separately sometime in the future, knowing that I can't wait, I'll probably try selling off my Eiji once more details are revealed. This new guy's faceup looks way too fitting for Seiya and I wish it had been announced sooner lol, I'm in love. And I don't need two SmD guys ^^; I'm definitely going to get this new one. Still wondering if it's a new default or it's a licensed character.

Now I just hope that Danny will release brown/chestnut eyes for the guys, then everything will be perfect for Seiya.

I know that I'll need to go through the trouble of selling another doll (I previously sold off my DD to get my Eiji), but I'm just really happy with this new SmD male (the milk one). It has everything which Eiji lacked, in my opinion. I also might be visiting Japan this summer, so hopefully if he has this guy out by then and in the SmD workshop, I can build him! ^^

Anyone interested in an fairly new SmD Eiji for around $350? haha

At home: Kanna<3(Custom DDH-01 MDD NS)

*Seiya-kun is getting reshelled into the new SmD Eiji*

Mario

Thank you to those that are contributing to this thread!

It's really nice to hear that not only that it's a new head sculpt but it's also a new body piece for fixed issues with the neck + added nipples + option to have colored nips for SMD dudes!

JwwFX2X.png

Anyone interested in an fairly new SmD Eiji for around $350? haha

You should still keep him, you never know when you will make another male character

Monty

Really happy about this news and can't wait to see how Kaito looks with a longer neck. Although I imagine him getting confused about the nipples all 'what are these new buttons for?'

DD head hybrids will look better on this neck, too! Eiji's neck looks even shorter with a DD head cos of the bigger neckhole on a DD unfortunately.

Now if only he'd make a meatier girls body. Them arms just bother me and I'm picky about these things (I mean hey this hobby is expensive, I have to be picky for my own good).

It's a great start to the year for Danny, I hope there's lots more good news.

Amara77

This guy looks good! I have to say! I'm glad Danny is smoothing out his sculpts.

I'm excited to see him next to some DD.

I wonder if his head is going to be significantly smaller like Eiji's or more proportionate to DD.

Soooo... Danny... apply these mechanics to Spike please and fix him.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Sato

100% need the new torso piece. I one thing I hate about the male SMD body is how short the neck is it's gross and a pain to pose with.

Also very tempted with the tan one, I don't really like the face-up on the milk for some reason.

Error-Chan

it's nice to hear the necks longer I think my bot can do with that.

but

@Torino my thoughts are he said the heads will be available separately and blank so would they be licenced or just very close to a character he likes? I don't really see the listener wanting their character to be sold as parts intend of the full thing.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Poofiemus

Hm, the colors are right for Eiji/Crimson, so maybe it's Eiji 2.0??

Regardless, since Smart Dolls aren't limited, I'm actually considering saving up for the milk version to turn him into Viktor Nikiforov. Hopefully we'll get some nice owner photos not too long after release. . .

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Gunter

Regardless, since Smart Dolls aren't limited, I'm actually considering saving up for the milk version to turn him into Viktor Nikiforov. :lol:

I want you to do this so much it isn't even funny. I'll patiently wait to see that project in the future. o3o

Poofiemus

Regardless, since Smart Dolls aren't limited, I'm actually considering saving up for the milk version to turn him into Viktor Nikiforov.

I want you to do this so much it isn't even funny. I'll patiently wait to see that project in the future. o3o

We'll see if it actually manifests. I have to research how the hell to do his wig and skates during the saving phase. . . and figure out if I could use an 07 for Yuuri, because I CANNOT separate those two cinnamon rolls.

katnaper

They both look really good. The milk one though... there's something about that one that just silently says 'you need me'. Lol.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Mario

16f59fe0ad66b9b2f3a609ef6a3533c4.jpg

Sebastian anyone?

I can totally use the new smd milk Guy for a Sebby.

But if only I could afford 2

pscindy_13

But this isn't a new smart doll guy.

The head and face yes that's new but the body is still the same. I wouldn't really put it as category "new smart guy"

I don't think danny cares for the guy dolls just the girls :/

Shailara

The head and face yes that's new but the body is still the same. I wouldn't really put it as category "new smart guy"

? But the girls don't get a new body either between heads... no company makes a new body for -every- head they have. There are some companies that have a couple bodies, but that's it...

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Gunter

We'll see if it actually manifests. I have to research how the hell to do his wig and skates during the saving phase. . . and figure out if I could use an 07 for Yuuri, because I CANNOT separate those two cinnamon rolls.

This is true. Ya know, I remember a long while ago a company did a run of ice skates for SDs. I can't find that info on DoA though....QQ

As for Yuuri, hmm, I don't know if I feel like 07 is pudgy enough. I can't shake the pudgy look cause he's an adorable pork cutlet. >w< Either way, yeah, if you can't make Yuuri then I don't see a reason to make Viktor. Can't have one without the other.

Poofiemus

This is true. Ya know, I remember a long while ago a company did a run of ice skates for SDs. I can't find that info on DoA though....QQ

As for Yuuri, hmm, I don't know if I feel like 07 is pudgy enough. I can't shake the pudgy look cause he's an adorable pork cutlet. >w< Either way, yeah, if you can't make Yuuri then I don't see a reason to make Viktor. Can't have one without the other.

I found MSD skates on Dollmore, but either the SD ones sold out long ago, or they never made SD ones in the first place. :/ Maybe getting boots and 3D printing a pair of blades would work?

Yeah, realized just this morning the 07 is wrong, but maybe an 09 would work--if the faceup were exactly right. Yuuri, our dear Katsukidon, why are you so hard to capture? Even the animators clearly struggled with you in some of the scenes! D:

pscindy_13

? But the girls don't get a new body either between heads... no company makes a new body for -every- head they have. There are some companies that have a couple bodies, but that's it...

True but they have different parts that make the body look completely different don't you agree?

I remember before the smart guy ever came out danny showed a pic of a new body part for the smart guy (he even liked someone's body idea too) but after that he never said anything about it again. He hasn't made different things for the smart guy or put much attention to them like he does with the smart girls and that's what bugs me a lot, smart guys are being neglected...

Also is it just me or does smart guys head really small when next to dollfies or smart girl dolls??

Gunter

I found MSD skates on Dollmore, but either the SD ones sold out long ago, or they never made SD ones in the first place. :/ Maybe getting boots and 3D printing a pair of blades would work?

Yeah, realized just this morning the 07 is wrong, but maybe an 09 would work--if the faceup were exactly right. Yuuri, our dear Katsukidon, why are you so hard to capture? Even the animators clearly struggled with you in some of the scenes! D:

Oh, yeah that could totally work. I don't think it'd be all that difficult and people make commissioned 3D printed items now.

I think 09 may work, I feel like if you use a basic head no matter what it might need some face-up magic to work. 09 either way seems close. It has the cheeks! And yeah, sometimes the animation in that series seemed to just get lost with him. (and others--I think it is just showing limits due to lack of money though generally.)

Also etsy has a ton of custom wig makers at this point. I bet you could get Viktor's wig done, though I can already see the $$$ that this is gonna cost to do all this.

Poofiemus

Oh, yeah that could totally work. I don't think it'd be all that difficult and people make commissioned 3D printed items now.

I think 09 may work, I feel like if you use a basic head no matter what it might need some face-up magic to work. 09 either way seems close. It has the cheeks! And yeah, sometimes the animation in that series seemed to just get lost with him. (and others--I think it is just showing limits due to lack of money though generally.)

Also etsy has a ton of custom wig makers at this point. I bet you could get Viktor's wig done, though I can already see the $$$ that this is gonna cost to do all this.

Well, I've actually got 3D software and live in the same metro area as Somonul, so I could model the skate blades myself and then pick his brain on how to finish them so they look metallic. Trouble is, both Somo and my mom used to figure skate as kids, so they're likely to peer-pressure me re: accuracy when it comes to buying the boot base.

Yeah, the 09's jawline is pretty decent for him, same with the mouth; the eyes I might consider modding just a hair to get more of that kind of. . . square shape that he's got. But I think doing faceups for my own dolls is fun, so I'm not phased by that or the eyes at all. (Making custom eyes for my open-eyed dolls is practically a bonding ritual at this point. They're not mine till they've got OoaK eyes I've made. XD) On the upside, the milk SMD dude here would pretty much only need eyebrows repainted, and maybe a teeny bit of lip/mouth enhancement, so THAT'S a relief.

Not only would Victor's wig be a nightmare, but Yuuri would technically need two wigs: his 'dime a dozen dork' mop, AND his 'smexy slicked-back skate queen' hair. I may be insane enough to at least *try* making them, but. . . yeeah, if that didn't work or I was just like 'screw it', the wigs would definitely be the most pricey, pain-in-the-rear part beyond the heads/bodies most likely.

*edit* Accidentally a quote tag

Edited by Guest

Mario

???

But that's how "new" dolls work.

There's usually no difference on the body except the head, even Volks does this for their DDs.

He did also change the torso piece and improved it drastically.

And he hasn't done anything to change the girls body... so I am really confused what you're trying to say here saying he "only cares for the girls".

And uhh, I can understand why he would "care for only the girls" because most of his purchasers are predominately male. And males usually don't buy boy dolls they buy girls.

Although Volks knows this as well and why they don't give us boy DDs with the exception of Len having a girly male DDS body. ;;

Edit: New photo has emerged. With a better view of the Tea version

d1h3rbV.png

amarantinenoir

I'm happy I found this thread! I came here looking for posts about this new guy. I'm...a little in love. I can't wait for him to be available for purchase. I just hope he doesn't look out of place next to my Dollfie Dream Mirai.

elianti

It's nice to see more pictures of the tea version.. but this just makes me like the milk guy's faceup even more lol Didn't Danny play up the BL possibilities when he announced that Eiji would be released in other skin tones too? I'm kind of wondering if these two are Eiji/Crimson v2.. I think it's because of the same hair/eyes. Probably not though. xD

Pihlajakoto

32129769822_b84cb09e7b.jpg

Crop of the picture Danny posted yesterday. Shows quite well how the new guys head compares with Mirai

My blog Pihlajakoto