Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Shailara

Granado VINDOLL

MrFjmg03
On 12/12/2020 at 6:08 PM, Jezrah said:

That's a bummer. I might try asking them anyway, though. If they have no plans to produce any more runs and I'm forced to use a resin guy, then I have no reason to stick with Granado in particular.

There is a lot of beautiful resin boys out there. The thing I love about vindolls is that they are super light for the size, also very affordable and they can hold many poses resin bjds in the SD size can’t.

I was able to get my five favorite sculpts from Granado in vindoll. The only one I’m missing is Raguel but that’s because Granado never released him in vindoll.

These are my five guys :)

Edited by MrFjmg03
  • Like 2

MadQueenHarmony

These guys are GORGEOUS!  And I NEEED one of them!  Just looked at the Granado site after finding this thread.  It says they do layaway, but I can't figure out how it works.  If I can figure that out, mmmmmm, I'm gonna have to treat myself. <3

• Like 1

Yesterday's today's tomorrow

Jezrah
4 hours ago, MadQueenHarmony said:

These guys are GORGEOUS!  And I NEEED one of them!  Just looked at the Granado site after finding this thread.  It says they do layaway, but I can't figure out how it works.  If I can figure that out, mmmmmm, I'm gonna have to treat myself. <3

There's a layaway tutorial here:

https://doll-granado.com/xe/index.php?mid=board&document_srl=559#new

Keep in mind that they only have the bronze skin tone available now, and when asked if they will produce other skin tones again the answer is always that the Vindolls are limited, so basically who knows.

On a similar note, does anyone know where I might look for these guys second hand? I would really need new normal skin, white, or maybe tan for the particular character that I would want. There are probably five head sculpts that might work for me: Enoch would be best, Udell may work, and Michael, Charles, and Gabriel may be possible with some modding.

Edited by Jezrah

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

MadQueenHarmony

I tried following that, just to see, but never got that grey button they talk about.  Weird!  And bronze is actually perfect for my boy, so I was rather pleased it was still available!

I wish more vinyl doll sites offered layaway.  

• Like 1

Gabihime

Vindolls are all limited, just like Granado’s other dolls, but Granado does open orders for their resin dolls periodically based on demand.  I’m the person who asked them about creating some of their other sculpts in vinyl, because they’ve got some amazing body sculpts.

The reason they can’t offer any tone other than bronze right now is that’s the only color they have left for bodies.  That goes for interior skeletons and replacement parts too.  This is because slush cast vinyl isn’t something that they can make themselves.  It has to be done at a factory that specializes in handling this process, because of the temperatures required in the molding.  Therefore, they tend to do a large order of parts and heads all at once, and then sell them over time.  Because of COVID19 they haven’t released any new Vindolls this year.  When and if they do, all three colors for bodies should be available, along with the head they release.

Granado staff are super pleasant and easy to work with.  They’ve been very forthcoming about all my questions, and I absolutely love my Vindoll(s). (I own two Udells, one in tan and one in bronze, who isn’t here yet.  I also have an additional head in tan.)

I absolutely love the Vindoll body.  I find it very easy to handle and it poses beautifully.  The sculpt also translated very well to vinyl.  That’s why I hope they do some of their other sculpts in vinyl in the future.  They have some beautiful variation in forms.  I also just generally like vinyl more than resin.

Edited by Gabihime
  • Like 2

Jezrah
1 hour ago, Gabihime said:

Vindolls are all limited, just like Granado’s other dolls, but Granado does open orders for their resin dolls periodically based on demand.  I’m the person who asked them about creating some of their other sculpts Therefore, they tend to do a large order of parts and heads all at once, and then sell them over time.  Because of COVID19 they haven’t released any new Vindolls this year.  When and if they do, all three colors for bodies should be available, along with the head they release.

I totally get that, I just wish I knew if it was at all likely that they will at some point do another run of the sculpts that they've released before, or if they would only do a different sculpt in the future. I've checked around in some of the more common places in the second hand market, and they don't seem to come up too often. If they don't do another run of a sculpt I want and the new sculpt(s) doesn't suit my project I'll be sad that I missed out. I might have to give up on the project at that point.

I do have one Vindoll in tan already, who hasn't made an appearance yet because his head is being heavily modded, and will probably take a while to finish. I do really like him, though, and so I'm tempted to get a bronze boy as well. It doesn't help that the limited runs and uncertainty of future releases causes FOMO.

MrFjmg03
On 12/22/2020 at 12:14 AM, MadQueenHarmony said:

I tried following that, just to see, but never got that grey button they talk about.  Weird!  And bronze is actually perfect for my boy, so I was rather pleased it was still available!

I wish more vinyl doll sites offered layaway.  

So did you end up ordering the body or a complete guy? :)

Gabihime
36 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

I totally get that, I just wish I knew if it was at all likely that they will at some point do another run of the sculpts that they've released before, or if they would only do a different sculpt in the future. I've checked around in some of the more common places in the second hand market, and they don't seem to come up too often. If they don't do another run of a sculpt I want and the new sculpt(s) doesn't suit my project I'll be sad that I missed out. I might have to give up on the project at that point.

I do have one Vindoll in tan already, who hasn't made an appearance yet because his head is being heavily modded, and will probably take a while to finish. I do really like him, though, and so I'm tempted to get a bronze boy as well. It doesn't help that the limited runs and uncertainty of future releases causes FOMO.

Based on my conversations with them, I do think it’s likely they will release older heads if there’s sufficient demand.  Enoch is incredibly popular for instance, in vinyl and resin.  They’ve also done several crowdfunding projects, and that could also be a path to having them produced.

And yes, Vindolls aren’t incredibly common on the second hand market.  One of your best bets is watching yahoo Japan diligently, since they had a reasonable market in Japan through dolk.  I was actually in your position when I discovered Vindoll, since I was away from dolls during all their previous releases.  Udell is my favorite sculpt (and a very good resemblance to my original designs), but the character’s skin tone is actually much closer to tan than bronze.  Tan Udell has been sold out for a while, so I ruminated on it for a while and then decided to just go ahead and get him in bronze.  Of course, the same day I did manage to get an Udell in tan, so I have two for the same character now lol.  It’s all right.  I’m not really going to complain.  I like Vindolls that much.

The reason I think it might be likely that they will release older sculpts based on demand is because they do this regularly with their resin, whose production is more under their control.  It probably all comes down to cost vs. projected sales.  But if they do this through crowd funding, then they can probably guarantee enough for production.

But Granado is definitely a company willing to rerelease old sculpts based on desire.  I’d love to have a vinyl Enoch.  He reminds me a lot of LLDT Roderich , who I also own.

Also, when they do release Vindolls, they’re under what Granado calls an unlimited contract.  That means they’ll sell them until they run out, as opposed to only leaving the order period open for a window, as with their resin dolls.  Granado doesn’t seem to be particularly intent on driving sales through FOMO.  They will release sculpts again when there’s sufficient desire for them to make them.  Resin Enoch was just released again during Black Friday, because there was so much desire for him.

Jezrah

@Gabihime Awesome,  that gives me hope. Maybe I'll sit on it until later and see if Enoch comes back around when they're able. I would much prefer to buy him direct than to have to mess with an auction. 

MadQueenHarmony
23 hours ago, MrFjmg03 said:

So did you end up ordering the body or a complete guy? :)

Not yet.  Due to finances, it's gonna be awhile, I'm afraid. :(

monkeypizzasonic

Does anyone here have any advice on putting a resin head on a Vindoll body? I'm in a split for a limited artist doll head, and I think the bronze will actually match pretty well (and I've been looking for an excuse to get a Vindoll), but I want to know how much of a pain it's going to be to attach the head before I commit to getting one.

The_Folktale_Fox
On 1/8/2021 at 2:55 PM, monkeypizzasonic said:

Does anyone here have any advice on putting a resin head on a Vindoll body? I'm in a split for a limited artist doll head, and I think the bronze will actually match pretty well (and I've been looking for an excuse to get a Vindoll), but I want to know how much of a pain it's going to be to attach the head before I commit to getting one.

Ooh I'm totally watching this thread to find out more about this. I have a head in desperate need of a body and I have actually been leaning much more towards vinyl dolls lately.

The_Folktale_Fox

I just ordered Vindoll Enoch! I'm so excited!! 

Courtmom

Sooooooo has anyone ever tried a semi-real faceup style on a vindoll? Or had any real luck hybriding?

Kazthenoodle

This is a super helpful thread, thank you everyone! I'm hoping Granado release more colours soon in their Vindoll line, I regret not getting Udel when he was first released. I love the idea of an SD style BJD but in vinyl!!! Ah, one day!! :)

20blackbags

Unfortunately they have no plan on to release new colors for the vindoll line from the convention I had with the staff in a text chat. I bought a Hansel a month ago and asked if they have plans to bring back the other colors and they told me they have no plans for that. Also all the vindoll’s are gone for some reason. Hope they put them back so I can buy more before they take fully stop making them.

MrFjmg03

That’s great news. I thought I was done collecting vindolls but it seems I might need to start saving for the future. I hope this time they release Raguel in vindoll form.

I do like the current body a lot. So I hope they stick to it.

Edited by MrFjmg03