Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Doll Point ‘Build-a-DD’: Dream Choice!

sinclair

Yes, a tan DDH14, what I want! But I still haven't figured out if I want her on a DDdy or DDIII body yet. She is a cutie (BTW, where did you get her skirt. It looks shiny, and we like shiny here.).

It is a pity that there are so many DDFCS only options that are not known outside the store so we can't get a proxy to buy for us. We need to send someone in with a good old fashioned bow tie spy cam to take photos of the catalog pages as they flip through them.

asianed
I really need to find someone in Japan to get me one of these tan girls. Nice process, shame it is store-exclusive. I suppose they need to do some unique stuff to get people in the door instead of just ordering online. Just bad for us international folk. >.<

Currently, the brown skin is considered a seasonal color that's only available from April through September. The rest of the year the exclusive color is semi-white skin. You'd have to time a visit for the color you want.

Yes, a tan DDH14, what I want! But I still haven't figured out if I want her on a DDdy or DDIII body yet. She is a cutie (BTW, where did you get her skirt. It looks shiny, and we like shiny here.).

It is a pity that there are so many DDFCS only options that are not known outside the store so we can't get a proxy to buy for us. We need to send someone in with a good old fashioned bow tie spy cam to take photos of the catalog pages as they flip through them.

The outfit is from a store called Sen in Akihabara. They have a wide variety of outfits for all sorts of dolls and they specialize in doll cosplay outfits. They have a web store also: www.from-sen.com.

I thought about snapping pictures of the catalog while the guy wasn't looking, but I didn't want to jeopardize being thrown out of the store. XD

sinclair
The outfit is from a store called Sen in Akihabara. They have a wide variety of outfits for all sorts of dolls and they specialize in doll cosplay outfits. They have a web store also: http://www.from-sen.com.

I thought about snapping pictures of the catalog while the guy wasn't looking, but I didn't want to jeopardize being thrown out of the store. XD

Thanks for the link. It's going to take me a while to find things on that site, I don't know any Japanese. You order direct, or via proxy?

And good call on keeping the camera away. Best not to be thrown out of the main DD store.

asianed
The outfit is from a store called Sen in Akihabara. They have a wide variety of outfits for all sorts of dolls and they specialize in doll cosplay outfits. They have a web store also: http://www.from-sen.com.

Thanks for the link. It's going to take me a while to find things on that site, I don't know any Japanese. You order direct, or via proxy?

And good call on keeping the camera away. Best not to be thrown out of the main DD store.

You should be able to order from them internationally and have it shipped. I know Billy has gotten things from them before in the US.

galatia9

She has the sweetest face!! Thanks for sharing your DD Choice experience with us, asianed!

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

baldylox

You should be able to order from them internationally and have it shipped. I know Billy has gotten things from them before in the US.

Use Google Chrome as your web browser ( or any other browser that can translate for you ) and go to the link above. Chrome will automatically translate for you so it's way easier to navigate the site and find cool stuff when you do that. Definitely check under the link to the left named "Cosplay" as that's where you're going to find things like the Eva Plugsuits and other character style outfits.

As for ordering, you can do it directly from them but there's a bit of a process to it. Here is the tutorial I used to make my order:

http://www.from-sen.com/html/page99.html

A huge thanks to Chise for finding that for me!

I hope this helps you out sir!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Monty

...I don't know how they got that kind of permission (let alone get to make a doll and then...not buy it???) but am I the only one who couldn't help cringing at some of that? DDS is lolicon now? Okay...

Seems like they didn't say anything about the head molds or faceups though, which is what people here mostly want to know about - but it seems to have been written by someone completely unfamiliar with DDs.

Gunter
DDS is lolicon now? Okay...

I definitely cringed at that.

Also, maybe cause it was just a "walk through" the process they didn't actually get the chance to even really review those selections? Possibly, because they are so new they didn't even know how to explain it even?

I wonder if they just asked the staff to put something together for a review? That seems like a stretch, but I don't know what Volks personal policies are from store to store. ^^;;

littlebirdzoom

Ugh that guys video. He's probably just some random dude who thought what he found was interesting and tried to make a video about it vs someone who is interested in the hobby. I mean he says creepy, expensive, lolicon and only recognized two characters so I think he might not know what's going on xD

Side note, he has a voice that makes me wanna pop him in the nose.

Side side note, I can't wait to visit the new DP again it looks beautiful. DC seems like a lot less of a hassle than I thought it was going to be.

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

Monty

Oh man I didn't even see the video until now. Uuh...do DDs count as a 'new type of doll' if they've been around about 15 years...? Also did he seriously call them 'dolphin dreams'? O_o

I really hope he didn't get paid for such shoddy reporting. At least rehearse what you're gonna say! And yeah, it seemed like he thought the anime collab ones were ones that people had customized to look like the characters and not actual releases...

To be honest it really miffs me that some random guy is allowed to do that as a 'reporter' but someone actually in the hobby who wants to do recon for the benefit of others can't...

Normies gonna norm I guess.

freakie-oppa

The guy worded it so vaguely I really don't know what he was trying to imply, but if that really is what he was saying it as, then oh my god. I need a moment to recollect my fallen brain cells.

And he goes to show the 'European Style' dolls and fails to mention that those aren't even 'Dolphin Dreams' either. Does he even know they're not meant to be the same sorta dolls? That's my big question

I think personally one of my bigger pet peeves is when he keeps mentioning and showcasing the boobs like it's what doll companies mainly care about, and that they're creepy. I dunno, I feel like those kind of moments are a little unprofesh. for a blogging channel that has quite a sizable audience.

(EDIT : I am a firm believer that the guy writing the blog and the dude doing the video are two different peeps, the blog post seems better informed (deducting points for the lolicon part though). Wat da heck happened with the video XD )

I must say though this, despite the uninformed commentary, it does however make me really want to go to this store, all that dolly clothing, I need them, and I don't even own a girl. I have a problem. OTL

Oni-Chan
...I don't know how they got that kind of permission (let alone get to make a doll and then...not buy it???) ....but it seems to have been written by someone completely unfamiliar with DDs.

I wonder if they just asked the staff to put something together for a review? That seems like a stretch, but I don't know what Volks personal policies are from store to store. ^^;;

yeah, I couldn't understand that either, I only stumbled onto his blog, and there are better people within the DD community that could do a better job reporting :/

Ugh that guys video. He's probably just some random dude who thought what he found was interesting and tried to make a video about it vs someone who is interested in the hobby. I mean he says creepy, expensive, lolicon and only recognized two characters so I think he might not know what's going on xD

I think personally one of my bigger pet peeves is when he keeps mentioning and showcasing the boobs like it's what doll companies mainly care about, and that they're creepy. I dunno, I feel like those kind of moments are a little unprofesh. for a blogging channel that has quite a sizable audience.

if you want to get people into a hobby, you need to watch what you say!!!

Who wants to join a hobby based on Creepy Expensive Boobs? :/ What's the point of having/making a review if you're kinda shytting on the topic?

Also did he seriously call them 'dolphin dreams'? O_o

yes. yes he did. XD that made my day

Anyway, blogger dude aside, it's nice to actually "See" some of the pages!

But, from what I can see, it kinda sucks how they only have pictures of the faceup makeup on Normal Skin, and then have the colour chart underneath. I'm the kinda person who needs to see the faceup on the skintone, it can change the whole look right? :/

Also, I think I am in Love with the purple/pink hair sample *v*

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

sinclair

The head I want only have one faceup, so I'm good there. But I want to know all the eye and wig styles and colors.

I also like how Miku, Len, and Rin were shown under the SAO title.

SakuraSylph

I wonder if it was an honest mistake from trying to remember the name of something unfamiliar.. Could have just added an N onto the end to get "Dollfie-n Dreams" out of nerves while making the video. The guy talking did seem unsure and skittish as a presenter.

Funny bit though: *Looks at Kirika, says he has no idea who that is* ; *a few seconds later, walks by a huge poster of Kirika on the wall and doesn't notice that it probably said her name on it.*

SakuraSylph

Sayuri

My friend buy a DDh-14 in tan skin few weeks ago and whoa so beautifull !!

I want to order a Ddh-14 but in semi white skin, she have lot of potential in real ! Anyone know if the semi white will be available to the shop ?

Ayuuya

I want to order a Ddh-14 but in semi white skin, she have lot of potential in real ! Anyone know if the semi white will be available to the shop ?

In his review post, asianed said that semi-white is available at Dream Choice from October till March~ So if you go between then you can get your SW girl~ ^^ Please post pics if you do!

I wonder if they'll let you take pics/film you have enough filming/camera equipment to look like a pro blogger or something I'm not going to look at that guys video, but seeing the pictures was a little helpful.

asianed

If you go there now, the Semi-white will be available! They are offering semi-white as the seasonal color from October to March. Tan is only available from April to September.

As for pictures, Volks is generally pretty strict about pictures in their stores. Places where pictures are allowed will be posted, otherwise, assume that photography is forbidden. This actually applies to most stores in Japan. In the Doll Point Akihabara, photos are allowed in the museum area only. The other portions, like the sales counter, one off dolls, and Dream Choice areas are off limits for photography.

Similarly, the Tenshi no Sato has a strict "no photo" policy on the majority of the facility. This includes the museum areas. Only designated spaces are OK for photos.

My guess is that the guy did some discreet filming or didn't get caught by the staff.

But, from what I can see, it kinda sucks how they only have pictures of the faceup makeup on Normal Skin, and then have the colour chart underneath. I'm the kinda person who needs to see the faceup on the skintone, it can change the whole look right? :/

If you are unsure about a faceup in a specific tone,, you can always ask the staff member to show you the head. You aren't allowed to handle it, but you can see what it looks like before you pick. They can also show you what different types of eyes look in your selected head prior to finalizing. Even though I knew I wanted a tan skin doll, I wanted to at least see the DCH-14 head in tan before committing. This also applies to the wigs. They have one of each style and one of each color on display, but not every style/color combination (that'd be too many!) They can get you a sample of a particular style/color combination so you don't have to use your imagination and even do a test fit on the head that you've picked. I also had them show me the different sized eyes in the head. I suspect this is why they allow for up to 40 minutes to make your selections, as people want to make sure they get exactly what they want.

Since I had a fairly good idea if what I wanted, I was done in less than half the time. XD

Just keep in mind that you are NOT allowed to touch anything until you've finalized your selections and your doll has been built!

• Like 1

sinclair

Any way to get a photo of this? I want to see what it looks like.

deadlegato

I've got a DDH14 tan coming in the mail I can post when it arrives if the OP doesn't have a pic.

Sayuri

I can't post pictures for the moment, I have to complete 20 messages in the forum for post pictures, but I promise, when I can i will post photos of the DDh14 of my friend

deadlegato

Tan DDcH-14, MDD body

37557605781_94e05f41cf_z.jpgDDcH 14 by L F, on Flickr

And one more photo DDcH14

I plan on posting a comparison with my other vinyl tones of MDD girls later but my computer is being really slow right now