Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Doll Point ‘Build-a-DD’: Dream Choice!

elianti

Woo, finally! I've been wanting a DDS Boy body in SWS so it's nice to know it'll be possible sooner than I thought! 😄

I hope Volks will release new standard heads that would better suit more masculine characters whenever they're ready to release the male bodies separately. I do absolutely love DDH-16 and plan to get two dream choice dolls for the sculpt(and now, guy bodies lol), but more choices that are easier to get would always be appreciated. 

To that end, I'm wondering.. Does anyone know if there a limit to how many times you can participate in Dream Choice at one time?? I don't think there's a hard rule that you can't get more than one Dream Choice doll at one time as long as you're not taking up someone else's reserved slot and that the staff are free to help you.. Just want to avoid potential awkwardness in case it's not allowed.  @___@

Edited by elianti

Monty

I think you have to reserve two slots to do two dolls. It would be polite to reserve that beforehand I suppose. 

The July Collection is now up online and we get nice clear images of two version of DDH17 for some of the MDD outfits.

https://ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992424682.html

https://ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992424644.html

^^^ THE LITTLE FANG!

kalisha

Yay at last boys, now i only need a proxy but i dont know any ; ; , the new head its a little like liliru or i think it.

sherimi

Really excited about the boy body being added! Hopefully I'll be able to get one on my next Japan trip *o*

2 hours ago, elianti said:

To that end, I'm wondering.. Does anyone know if there a limit to how many times you can participate in Dream Choice at one time?? I don't think there's a hard rule that you can't get more than one Dream Choice doll at one time as long as you're not taking up someone else's reserved slot and that the staff are free to help you.. Just want to avoid potential awkwardness in case it's not allowed.  @___@

At least a year ago when I visited in Japan it was one doll per reserved slot, but you could always ask if it is possible to get multiple dolls during one slot. The worst they can say is no. I could imagine that they have this limit to make it more difficult and time-consuming for re-sellers.

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

Monty

The other exciting part is that there are likely to be more clothes suitable for DD boys now, or even just more tomboyish clothes for girls that work for both. It's been a huge source of frustration for me how little suitable clothing fits Mel (DDSB) because all the actual boy clothes are typically SD13, which is usually too baggy, and nearly everything Tenshi no Koromo is hyper girly. Not that Mel doesn't look good in that as well, but sometimes you just want some regular casual clothes, right? I still cant get over how earlier they had TnK hiking/camping sets with -pencil skirts- instead of trousers or shorts. The pants still wouldve looked cute on the girls! 
It looks like there are already some casual clothes that boys can wear in this Volks News - I hope those white pants the two boys are shown wearing will be available, and this cute set mentions it will fit the boys, which is just as well because I'd like the top for Rin if Mel gets the pants.   https://ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_EVENT005/4518992424569.html (That elastic is probably gonna help a lot here though)

• Like 1

c4tbus

ahh! this is such exciting news! it does however throw a wrench into my personal dream choice plans if i ever make it to japan!

i really want a tan mdd, but i honestly don’t think i could resist a tan boy ......

Mothiraffe

@kalisha White Rabbit Express will do this for you, but they're a bit expensive. They have a Dollfie owner on staff though, at least last time I asked, so they know exactly what you're asking of them!! ^^

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

sherimi

There is "Japan Doll Direct" in Facebook, they apparently started offering shopping service for Dream Choice as well (for around $730 + international shipping).

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Monty said:

I still cant get over how earlier they had TnK hiking/camping sets with -pencil skirts- instead of trousers or shorts.

I know, seriously what the heck was up with that???

it would be great to have some tomboyish stuff for Makoto. 

My kingdom for pants in DDP size. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

RainbowNanaki

I'm definitely excited to see more photos of the Dream Choice boys!! 😮

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

kranberrijam
15 hours ago, Monty said:

Whelp, I might have just found my Dream Choice doll (whenever that day finally comes).

12 hours ago, Monty said:

The other exciting part is that there are likely to be more clothes suitable for DD boys now, or even just more tomboyish clothes for girls that work for both. It's been a huge source of frustration for me how little suitable clothing fits Mel (DDSB) because all the actual boy clothes are typically SD13, which is usually too baggy, and nearly everything Tenshi no Koromo is hyper girly. Not that Mel doesn't look good in that as well, but sometimes you just want some regular casual clothes, right?

^^^ THIS SO MUCH THIS. My poor Len needs more boyish clothes, plus one of my girls likes to dress tomboyish too, but everything is too big on them (both are Sisters dolls).

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Monty

Regarding ‘option items’: it seems like you can now buy additional dream choice exclusive wigs and eyes for an extra fee. This is good news because there’s so many nice ones.

still wish they’d offer more as standard wigs - exclusive wigs are fine of course but not like...most of them lol ;-; still hoping for a catalogue of them one day.

Poofiemus
On 7/1/2019 at 6:37 AM, Monty said:

The other exciting part is that there are likely to be more clothes suitable for DD boys now, or even just more tomboyish clothes for girls that work for both. It's been a huge source of frustration for me how little suitable clothing fits Mel (DDSB) because all the actual boy clothes are typically SD13, which is usually too baggy, and nearly everything Tenshi no Koromo is hyper girly. Not that Mel doesn't look good in that as well, but sometimes you just want some regular casual clothes, right? I still cant get over how earlier they had TnK hiking/camping sets with -pencil skirts- instead of trousers or shorts. The pants still wouldve looked cute on the girls! 
It looks like there are already some casual clothes that boys can wear in this Volks News - I hope those white pants the two boys are shown wearing will be available, and this cute set mentions it will fit the boys, which is just as well because I'd like the top for Rin if Mel gets the pants.   https://ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_EVENT005/4518992424569.html (That elastic is probably gonna help a lot here though)

Oh god 100x this. I've had the same problem with Yuuri. He doesn't mind wearing girly shirts but he tends to draw the line at skirts (too much work to be demure lol) I am so glad one of the military sets for Dolpa both lists DDB compatible AND has REAL FRIGGEN PANTS. I mean, Fate miiight steal the coat. . .but at least there will also be real pants.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

chibinezumi

Exciting news! I hope this means they will roll out preorder periods internationally like full choice system. Or at least have blank heads and bodies available online soon. It’s been like having your face smooshed against the window looking in. But never getting to go home with anything. 

Looking forward to seeing some of these dolls in the wild!

Beani

They had quite a few of the new Dream Choice out at Doll Point. The little fang in tan is sooo adorable. Though the small amount of white above the eyes is a little weird to me.

48336249572_bf9f278670.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

48336249242_f5514ef744.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

48336098346_a430b53ed7.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

48336249227_f2724958d2.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

48336098021_4831404b03.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

48336098066_e14d5f3164.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

Edited by Beani
  • Like 2

elianti

Kinda late, but thanks to everyone who replied to my questions earlier! I decided it's probably in my best interest to stick to getting one new doll at a time.. 😅

I'm loving those new Dream Choice shots! The new DDH-09 faceup looks nicer than I expected, and I'm really happy to see the new DDH-16 faceup on a flesh skin guy!! The lip color is stronger than I'd like but it still makes for a very handsome boy. 

kranberrijam
13 hours ago, Beani said:

They had quite a few of the new Dream Choice out at Doll Point. The little fang in tan is sooo adorable. Though the small amount of white above the eyes is a little weird to me.

Mygods, she is PERFECTION! I know exactly what doll I'd get now, I love that head, makeup, and skin tone!!

Yukamina

The tan MDD girl is sooo cute, I want! I love the DC 17 head. I wish I could figure out proxies, or, you know, just hop over to Japan.

kranberrijam
6 hours ago, Yukamina said:

I love the DC 17 head.

Right, it's too adorable with all three makeups (but M03 is where it's really at)! You know what I want to see? That head on a DDP body.

Monty
8 hours ago, kranberrijam said:

Right, it's too adorable with all three makeups (but M03 is where it's really at)! You know what I want to see? That head on a DDP body.

The second picture Beani posted seems to be a DDP - it’s hard to tell from just that bust shot but those don’t look like MDD hands to me. 

• Like 1

Beani
48 minutes ago, Monty said:

The second picture Beani posted seems to be a DDP - it’s hard to tell from just that bust shot but those don’t look like MDD hands to me. 

I took a wider shot too but honestly can’t tell if she is DDP with the poses they have. 

48336098306_b72d1909e2_c.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

• Like 1

kranberrijam
1 hour ago, Monty said:

22 minutes ago, Beani said:

I took a wider shot too but honestly can’t tell if she is DDP with the poses they have. 

I think you're correct, I only had eyes for the tan one to be honest. Looks like it fits size-wise pretty well! I'm super excited~ Now I just need to win the lottery so I can go to Japan and get one (or two....).

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, Monty said:

I am pretty sure Monty is right. The hands are DDP hands, and in the wider shot it's pretty clear her body is taller and thinner than the MDD to the left of her.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

I don't think there is any question; look at the legs.

• Like 1