The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Dollfie the Best Selection (Dollfie 20th Anniversary)

Monty

Volks have been gearing up for many celebrations related to their 45th anniversary, but also for Dollfie's 20th anniversary in 2018. There will be many different things to celebrate this momentous occasion that will start next year. A website has been launched for this:

http://www.superdollfie.net/dollfie20th/

but one thing in particular caught my eye

tumblr_p1ke36EvMj1vc0hkxo1_540.png

あなたの一票が次のドルフィー®を創る大好評企画!

様々なカテゴリー、ジャンルで皆様にご投票を募集し、

ベストセレクションを決定します。ベストセレクションに輝いた

ドールやアイテムは再発売の可能性も!?

あなたのご意見を心よりお待ちしております!

更新お楽しみに♪

A grand popularity contest, your vote will decide the next Dollfie to be produced!

After collecting everyone's votes from various categories and genres, the Best Selection will be decided.

The dolls and items (ie clothing) that shine in the Best Selection may be rereleased?! We're waiting for your opinions!

Stay tuned for more info♪

So basically, there is going to be a vote to decide which dolls to rerelease. Note that the ones pictured are only examples. Yeah, they say 'may be rereleased?!', but there's no point in doing this otherwise so not sure what they're being coy about lol.

What we know:

1) this includes both Super Dollfies, Dollfie Dreams and outfits, all across 'various categories and genres' (presumably the sizes or possibly also their doll 'series' as the loanword 'genre' sometimes just means 'series' as opposed to...genre)

2) the vote will take place some time next year.

What we don't know

1) How many of the winners will be rereleased

2) How the poll will be conducted. Note that there is a chance that this will be an in-person Dolpa or Volks store thing only and not an online poll. If it is, hopefully that at least allow multiple votes so that I can vote a few times for people here. EDIT: It seems like in the past this was conducted online, so hopefully its the same!

3) The 'whens': When the poll will actually happen, when the results will be out, and when the dolls will be rereleased.

4) The method of rerelease (clickwar, lottery, preorder etc)

So everyone, what's a doll you'd like to see a rerelease of? Who's the unicorn that you thought you'd never have because her aftermarket price is just too much? Whether or not it turns out you will be able to vote, who would you vote for?

Edited by Guest

finnleo

Basicly the same thing as about 3-4 years back, when they re-released Melty for the DDS range, Sasara for Dynamite... and was it Sakuya for normal DD... I forget.

Basicly tiered voting, for every body style, with simultanious voting with items from the SD side and the different clothing sections.

for dolls the voting was split up for bodystyle MDD, DDS, DD ... could have been that Dynamite was lumped into DD come to think of it.

the possible re-releases will not be identical to the original most likely, outfits will have minor or major revisions, and on the SD side of things might not be even with the original licence.

combination of lotteries for the dolls, clickwars for outfits and whatnot auctions for the ultra rare one-offs depending on the items.

Edited by Guest

baldylox

TAMAKI. She is the only girl I have really, really wanted and never been able to get. I've had several other "grail" dolls that I was able to find and adopt over the years but not Tamaki. I know it's a very long shot to think she might get a re-release but I thought they'd never come back out with the original blue Saber either so you never know.

If they did re-release Tamaki, I'd do whatever it took to secure one.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Monty

Thanks finnleo! I was wondering if something like this had happened before because it seemed like Sasara got rereleased at least once, but I didn't know if it was a poll or just that they seemed to regularly bring her out for special lotteries.

I hope it isn't her again, then. No offense to people who still want her, but i don't think they should have the same one rereleased twice in a row.

Was the voting online last time?

Anna-neko

Oh heeeey, they're doin that again!

I remember few years back when they did something similar, and anyone could vote on the website

At least this time nobody has to keep voting for Sabers for billionth time, as her pre-orders are coming (altho last time technically true... 'cept it was Alter v2 and Nero that were coming to everyone)

can't wait to vote for toooons of outfits really want to make a comeback

Monty

Cool! I hope that means it will be an online poll again. I only joined this hobby properly a year and a half ago after lurking since two and a half years ago so that was before my time.

Here's hoping they rerelease at least one of the MDD as well as the bigger girls. I'd love a chance at Prisma Illya or Cirno again. Arle is my current grail but she's also kinda recent.

Shailara

Takane Shijou *____*

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Noxxbunny

Even though she's recent, I think I'd also vote for Arle. Those aftermarket prices on her. Yikes. I feel like not many people were able to get her who wanted her. I like her a lot, but not for $1000+

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Eiko82

I'm thirding Arle. I want a re-release for her sooooooo badly.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Daisy-chan

Rise. I would sell all of my worldly possessions for a Rise re-release.

Minty

I'd vote for Sakuno, but there's no way she would be chosen, so I'll throw in votes for Arle.

I kind of hope Sasara isn't chosen again since I bought her secondhand this year. Although if she is chosen, I may go for her again anyway.

Singer Yuna

The rerelease were Sasara on the MDD/DDy and Alisa from Gods eater whose first version was that year

Oh heeeey, they're doin that again!

I remember few years back when they did something similar, and anyone could vote on the website

At least this time nobody has to keep voting for Sabers for billionth time, as her pre-orders are coming (altho last time technically true... 'cept it was Alter v2 and Nero that were coming to everyone)

So true!

I will keep voting as the same as the last anniversary, Yuki Morikawa all the way, and the new ones will be Arle (because last time I voted Sasara)

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Astraea

I really want them to rerelease Arle, I've been agonizing over her aftermarket price since I started looking into DDs. I really hope it's possible.

kinou

If it's online I'm totally voting for Rise and MDD Arle! their current market prices are way too much

Eiko82
Rise. I would sell all of my worldly possessions for a Rise re-release.

Eventho I own her, I couldn't agree more. I would love to see a Rise re-release as well.

So yeah, I'd vote for Rise and Arle.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

iPOUT

I'd definitely vote for Rise. I was really hoping Volks would announce another persona girl (Makoto or Futaba since they're best girls XD) since persona 5 came out, but they didn't, so Rise would be a nice re-release. Also, they could totally do Rise's outfit from Dancing All Night.

mangaemi

Good god - since they are so crazy for Idolmaster... rerelease Miki or Yukiho. Talk about two gals that are extremely expensive and hard to come by.

I can’t remember how long did they wait after they did the polling to release the girls the last time? Was it half a year or so?

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

Amber

There is no doll that I am really after, so whatever people seem to want I would vote to try to help... Looks like this MDD Arle is one that you guys want back... So if I am able to vote for her, I will vote to help you out.

jadepixel

Yup, this happened a few years ago, which is how we got Sasara re-release. I think it's also behind some other recent re-releases like SDC Renee and Lorina/Jo/Beth SD, but Volks didn't label them 'best of best' for whatever reason.

In the previous event, you could vote one doll from each category every day, for as long as the poll was open. Some licensed characters and even original Volks dolls were not on the lists, though. If I remember right they also grouped MDD and DDS together for some reason. I'd love to see some of the older girls like Takane get a new release with all the modern options for bodies and skintones

Astraea
There is no doll that I am really after, so whatever people seem to want I would vote to try to help... Looks like this MDD Arle is one that you guys want back... So if I am able to vote for her, I will vote to help you out.

That's actually really nice of you, thank you!

I'll only have enough money for Arle if they do rerelease her, so I'll toss votes into other categories for anyone else if they want. Rise seems pretty popular for the DD sized group right now?

CeliathePikachu

I would really want Arle or Takane! I'm still a bit bitter from losing the lottery on Arle....

also a long shot, but I realllllyyyyyyyyyyy want Mito Mashiro

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

Monty

I'm glad there's so much support for Arle, maybe another shot at her isn't so far fetched after all 8')

The one vote a day thing sounds cool, that's kinda like what Good Smile did to decide which vocaloid project diva outfit to make a new nendoroid coode out of.

I was initially worried it would be a Japan only thing since the recent surveys I am aware of, the one for new Fate merch and the one for next Kagamine outfits, were both conducted at Dolpa. But it seems likely this will be online, so that's awesome.

I guess the fact that some dolls weren't included last time was a license restriction thing.