The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Dollfie the Best Selection (Dollfie 20th Anniversary)

Sechs
The one vote a day thing sounds cool

It sounds cool but it is not. For the 15th anniversary's best selection, you had to vote six times * one month! You had to vote from march to october if you were interested in everything! A whole year spent voting! This is silly, annoying and I fail to correlate that with the will of possibly buying whatever stuff would be re-released. Instead of having a clear picture of who wants what, you have a weird distribution of votes (not to say that you can basically vote on everything like you had three votes if I recall). Even if, really, the vote per day was a way to measure motivation at buying the result, at the end of the day, who knows if a silent majority of buyers didn't want something else but didn't have the will to bother with this system?

I set it as a morning routine by putting the page as my browser's homepage to not forget but even like that I was so fed up with the system that I stopped voting at some point and stop caring.

I put that way of voting next to gacha games as a japanese stupidity. Brainless grinding was never a good gameplay.

I remember a western website who copied this voting system. It was about voting on figures each day of each month. Same, so boring, even if you could win figures. Site died. I was a little sad but site failed to fill its first purpose of measuring a figure's popularity. Aren't you usually supposed to prevent ballot stuffing? How allowing it makes everyone equal?

Monty

Huh. I didn't realize the voting period was that long - that is pretty annoying, and I hope it isn't that long this time. If it was just a month it'd be fine.

Instead it'll end up not so much the one the most people want, but the one the most people are willing to remember to keeping voting for multiple months for.... I guess there'd be some overlap between the two though.

Hopefully there's more info in february volks news.

Amara77

Ya voting that often was a pain in the ass honestly...I'd kinda prefer pne and done.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

SakuraSylph
Huh. I didn't realize the voting period was that long - that is pretty annoying, and I hope it isn't that long this time. If it was just a month it'd be fine.

Ah, the voting was indeed about a month long, when you consider each category individually. You could only vote for DDS/MDD options for five weeks and no other thing.. then the following month they'd poll for LPC Pink Label only, then maybe the next month only Designers Collection. So, it was a long process, but yet divided up into chunks.

I hope they run it a bit differently this time since I'd personally prefer to vote just once, and have that count the same weight as anyone else's vote.

I also hope they use this chance to make updates to some doll who really needs it. Like MDD Etheldreda - you can't buy WS MDD replacement parts, and nor can you get a MDD3 body for her that's a color match. Recreate her on a SWS DDP? Might be neat. Or something similar for some other gal! IMO it would be a missed opportunity to put out another Sasara or other doll whose only benefit of a rerelease would be cheaper pricing, because otherwise you could recreate the same thing on your own by putting the old head on the newest edition body. I hope for something not possible to create with today's off the shelf parts!

SakuraSylph

Weltfremd

Either I buy a MDD now or wait how this plays out. The struggle is real. I'm still sad I missed Melty's rerelease because I got just started with the hobby and bought a Mayu already and couldn't afford her.

Arle or Prisma Illya please!

Suzuna

Agreed SakuraSylph, that's why I want Kanu as well.

Nikn

I hope we do get Rise or even Tamaki again

CaffeinatedCake

Personally I'd love to see a Nia rerelease! Or Rise. Nia and Rise are my top two hopes right now.

Help! I fell into DD hell!

Monty

After just missing out on two Arles on yahoo auctions including an Arle head that ended up selling for even more than her fullest did originally, I want her rereleased half so I and others can get her and half to spite the person who jacked her price up so high in the last minute >:(

Astraea
After just missing out on two Arles on yahoo auctions including an Arle head that ended up selling for even more than her fullest did originally, I want her rereleased half so I and others can get her and half to spite the person who jacked her price up so high in the last minute >:(

That sucks, geez. It's really hard to find her for less than twice her original price, even used or just her head. Once, I saw her pop up used on Mandarake for 70,000 while I was in class and by the time I got out she was gone. I'm really frustrated at this point and I would also love to see one of her other outfits made, maybe her original outfit, Puyo Puyo~n, or (unlikely) one of her Madou Monogatari outfits. She's so cute and she's got so much potential for a rerelease because of her history too, so I'm really hoping she happens.

Youpla

I'm the same than you Stalking YaJ and mandarake ... But I really hope for a rerelease !

Eiko82

I hear you. I want a Arle re-release so badly. I can't deny that I've been tempted by the Arle on Mandarake but that price (120,000 yen) is just painful.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Oni-Chan

i wanna vote Rise, Tamaki, Yuki and Arle ♡

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

cfx
i wanna vote Rise, Tamaki, Yuki and Arle ♡

I would love a Yuki release, she's so delicate and pretty.

berettapunk
Good god - since they are so crazy for Idolmaster... rerelease Miki or Yukiho. Talk about two gals that are extremely expensive and hard to come by.

I can’t remember how long did they wait after they did the polling to release the girls the last time? Was it half a year or so?

oh man, if i could get miki id lose my mind, shes my #1 grail girl for sure and everywhere i look shes super overpriced. i havent seen a miki on these boards for sale in ages either. i feel like miki is super underated and would be amazing as a re-release!

OMG WHERE ARE THEY ALL COMING FROM?!?!

archeotech

I'd want Saber Nero again but in her bridal set (2nd or 3rd ascension) and with a new sculpt as the old sculpt doesn't really suit that well.

Others might be Miki Hoshi, Takane, Noumi, Kanu, and Tamake.

I'd also like to see Asuka or Rei but with new sculpts too!

I'd want Saber Nero again but in her bridal set (2nd or 3rd ascension) and with a new sculpt as the old sculpt doesn't really suit that well.

That would have been nice! With the new anime and a new game coming out in June, it'd be a perfect time to rerelease her too...

Monty

Lol am I the only one who laughed that they put Jeanne on it too... I know they're putting every DD release and all, but she isn't even out yet!

Eiko82

I voted for Rise, Yuki and the Sleeping Bride one.

I hope that they'll open polls for MDD/DDS/DDdy. I want an Arle re-release!!!

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Astraea
I voted for Rise, Yuki and the Sleeping Bride one.

I hope that they'll open polls for MDD/DDS/DDdy. I want an Arle re-release!!!

I'm gonna make sure to vote Arle every day when they put that one up! I'm want her sooo much...

But for this one I know people want Rise, so she's getting one, and then Sakuno (I know it's probably never happening but I can dream) and Beatrice.

I'm also laughing really hard at some of the names that come through Google translate. The girl from Queen's blade is "What I invite to the cliff" lol.

sinclair

I can't read Japanese, so I don't know what the pull downs are for, or how to do the voting. And how many times ca we vote? How many at once? I need help.

Astraea
I can't read Japanese, so I don't know what the pull downs are for, or how to do the voting. And how many times ca we vote? How many at once? I need help.

Google translate gets the job done. The boxes are

Female male

Age (drop down box of decades)

Residence (it does have the option of overseas residence including North America, Europe, etc)

(Not too sure on this one?) Number of Dolls you own? and another drop down list with a range.

You can select three dolls and vote once per day. And you can also vote over on the outfit and SD, SD13, SDGr, SD16 sides.