Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

The Hatsune Miku (And Piapro/Vocaloid) New Outfit Thread

cfx

I know they've been inconsistent with this, but from the art it looks like Volks needs to include a wig again this time too.

I'll have to wait and see what it looks like, as sometimes I like the design but not how Volks interprets it; the last one was like that for me. Since they're seemingly going to make every year's version now, I wish they'd also go back and do the few they haven't made. Specifically, I just want 2014's Magical Snow and I'm pretty sure that one they would make where I'd love it.

It sucks that in general there aren't even scale figures of Snow Miku, only nendos, figmas and prize figures, none of which are for me.

First pic of the new Snow Miku outfit. Price is 21,780 yen according to the official Snow Miku site. 

The horn is included and I love it so far! But I want to see more pictures before I make up my mind. 

Koala-Krash

I love the Nutcracker's aesthetic of this year's design!

I'm a bit concerned about the fabric they chose...it seems a bit cheap, but maybe it's the picture, with strong spotlights etc?
I hope we'll see more photos soon. I love the fact that they included the horn!

cfx

I don't really like this one. :-|

Somehow it reminds me of the Doremi outfit.

Gabriel

Looks nice.  Not sure if it's for me.

The horn looks kinda cheap.  Dunno if it's the lighting or not.  I guess full on chroming it wouldn't have made it look any better.

I haven't even asked my Miku to dress in her Snow Princess outfit yet.

cfx
2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

The horn looks kinda cheap.  Dunno if it's the lighting or not.  I guess full on chroming it wouldn't have made it look any better.

I think plating would've helped. This is the same issue I've been bugged about with various Volks outfits. Luka's horn decoration thing is the same way, though that probably couldn't have been plated as it's not supposed to stand out like that. Then there's the buttons on 9S' outfit.

But I probably shouldn't just bitch about everything.

Stylistically, with this outfit it's funny to me in that I've often complained about the designs being too busy or frilly because that isn't my thing, and this one on the other hand feels like it is just too plain.

Missy

There is Snow Miku figures other than nendos. spacer.png

• Like 1

cfx

Indeed there are and they are nice, but that's only been a thing somewhat recently. I want some of the older ones as scale figures, specifically Magical Snow.

Juxtaposition

I am loving the 2020 Snow Miku design! My own Miku is currently wearing the "Do Re Mi Fa Rondo" outfit, which is one of my favorite Miku outfits. 😁 I'm tempted to get this Snow Miku set for my incoming 9S to wear and swap out the skirt for pants or shorts. I think Miku and 9S would look so cute together in both marching band outfits!

• Like 1

Gabriel
18 hours ago, Missy said:

There is Snow Miku figures other than nendos. spacer.png

I'd like that one, but I feel that I've been priced out of scales.   I got the figma, tho.

cfx
1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

I'd like that one, but I feel that I've been priced out of scales.

She's 20,580 yen at Amiami; I can't justify that for a figure, maybe in some very special case; I paid 21-22K for the 1/4 Luka and Miku. I don't really like this one because it's too elaborate for me. I tend to dislike Miku figures where her hair has significantly more volume than her body. :classic_laugh: There's anime physics but then there are things that I think just look ridiculous too.

It's getting to where the higher-end 1/7 and 1/8 scale figures are nearly half the price of a DD.

Gabriel
11 minutes ago, cfx said:

She's 20,580 yen at Amiami; I can't justify that for a figure, maybe in some very special case; I paid 21-22K for the 1/4 Luka and Miku. I don't really like this one because it's too elaborate for me. I tend to dislike Miku figures where her hair has significantly more volume than her body. :classic_laugh: There's anime physics but then there are things that I think just look ridiculous too.

It's getting to where the higher-end 1/7 and 1/8 scale figures are nearly half the price of a DD.

Yeah, and she's also release date of March 2021!  It's Good Smile, and they've been running late with everything the past couple of years, so I'm guessing August of 2021.

I'd really like that "Gorgeous Version" (read: harem girl) Sheryl Nome.  But 25K for a scale makes me hesitant.  Just about every scale I see that I'm interested in seems to be AT LEAST 20K.  I was positively shocked recently when I saw an upcoming Miku I liked which was a "mere" $150 USD.  But the pre-order times on these have become ludicrous.  "Lock in your pre-order now for a figure that will be released 18 months from now!"

Edit: the "cheap" Miku I saw was the Symphony 2019 version, and it was $160+ on BBTS with a June 2021 release date.  But at least with BBTS, I don't have to worry about getting blacklisted if I want to cancel.

Edited by Gabriel

cfx

That Sheryl figure is a somewhat special case I think. She's Megahouse's typical exclusive so at least Amiami has her but there is no discount. Nothing I've read has confirmed this, but it appears to me a bunch of the accessory bits on her are photoetched metal. And since it's Alpha x Omega, she should be better quality than the typical Megahouse figure.

17 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Edit: the "cheap" Miku I saw was the Symphony 2019 version, and it was $160+ on BBTS with a June 2021 release date.  But at least with BBTS, I don't have to worry about getting blacklisted if I want to cancel.

That one is nice and I had the same reaction; it seems positively cheap by current standards.

If you aren't aware, Amiami now allows cancellations, with some restrictions. There is a link on your account page--well, that link has been there for a long time now, but it only became functional sometime fairly recently. Here's the FAQ on the policy as it is now:

https://support.amiami.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035789771-How-to-cancel-an-item-order-

Amiami does have a few DDs now that will turn up if you search for "dollfie dream"; prices are about the same as Mandarake in general. I just got one from them because it was a better price than I've seen otherwise.

littlebirdzoom

Depending on your standing with AmiAmi, they will banhammer the crap out of you if you do too many cancellations. There is no real formula. 

On my first account I was a loyal customer. I am a figure collector. I DROP money on figures. I had one cancellation because I simply didn't have the money and my account was fine. I had another one two months later because I was in Japan and had no internet and didn't see the payment email or deadline until I landed back home (and funny enough I was inside the AmiAmi store in Tokyo shopping) and they banned me. They refuse communication with you when you get banned which is the most extreme and silly thing I've ever encountered. So I did a little research, made a new account with a different email and name and it was fine. A month or so later after a few purchases they email me and essentially said "We know it's you just don't mess up again".

Now on my second account I've had good standing for a few years and I recently cancelled a BUNCH of figures because the delays were so bad this year for what I ordered each month had been moved around to almost $700 and I was... not about to pay that. Yet they haven't banned me.

TL;DR be careful cancelling 

anyway back on the actual thread topic - This outfit looks cheap. I love this theme so much and this is the first Snow Miku outfit I've liked in yearrrrs. Volks seemed like they really rushed on this one, however, they're really bad at lighting. All their pictures are so bright they look solid so you can't see texture and detail most of the time. But this outfit looks a little too cheap for me. And Volks has got to do something about their accessories looking like a solid piece of plastic that just came out of a two piece mould (oh wait)

At first glance I thought her wrist ribbons were made out of felt, which is a huge turn off for me, but they aren't. It's a ribbon. I don't know. We'll see. Volks needs a new photographer and I'll repeat this until the day they fix it

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

cfx
9 minutes ago, littlebirdzoom said:

TL;DR be careful cancelling

I agree with that. Officially, something has presumably changed beacause the old policy was "no cancellations period" though they clearly made exceptions when you emailed and asked. I only ever canceled a figure once (because store sample test shot versions didn't live up to a prototype), and I got the same canned message I've read others got; essentially saying "we made an exception for you, don't do this again" while now they state they allow them via that FAQ. It's still a bit ominous with the "don't cancel too close to release" without any real clarification on what too close is. I don't buy many figures anymore just because there's not much I want and I'm also typically not willing to spend $250 on a figure, but I just buy the way I always have; I only order something I know I want and don't cancel things.

The photography on this Miku outfit does seem particularly bad because the wig looks awful too.

It was brought up before, but I nominate @foo for official Volks photographer. His pictures have sold me on far more Volks outfits than Volks ever has.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

Monty

https://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-12569531668.html

Volks have confirmed that the Miku glasses will have a special presale at Sapporo Volks as part of the Snow Miku festivities, 8~11 Feb.  So we can assume the general sale isn't far off, possibly even part of the February Collection. (Or maybe not until Dolpa, late April...)
The price isn't yet revealed, but I think it could be quite a bit.

Unfortunately, while Volks will be one of the exhibitors during Snow Miku they haven't said anything about unveiling new products (ie outfits) but I still hope for something...

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

magique

Omg cuuute. They just gotta be cheaper than those smartdoll glasses n ill be interested lol.

MichelleAK

I like the new outfit, but I need more pictures first, to see what all is included, especially for the price. I already have Twinkle Star and Fluffy Coat outfits, so any themed outfits have to really wow me to get me to buy.

Pages are up for the glasses and the Snow Miku outfit

The glasses cost 4 500 yen (without tax). 

cfx

The outfit is 19,800 yen, and doesn't include a wig.

With that price, my record of never buying any of Volks' Miku outfits continues. I didn't really expect to get this one as I don't find it very appealing, but definitely wouldn't at that price no matter what. I haven't seen any Volks outfit that has quality where I think it's worth 20K.

I did get Miku's default outfit for my custom Miku but haven't found the rest appealing.

At least she gets outfits, unlike Luka.

@onion2@

And hey, for those of you who have had such a fun experience of putting those "X" hair clips on Rem and Ram, here's another one!

@onion9@@onion19@

Monty

Glasses price is actually a lot better than I expected, although not exactly 'cheap'. I still can't decide if I want them. I really hope they're better quality than the other terrible glasses I've heard about.

EDIT: following the link in the tweet, it gives these three points:

-Can fold the arms like regular glasses (even my 300 yen gachapon ones do this though, so I would certainly hope so)

-Made of a material that apparently does not stain DDs easily (but does not tell me what the material is exactly...)

-EXTREMELY cute box

Edited by Monty

kranberrijam
59 minutes ago, Monty said:

Glasses price is actually a lot better than I expected, although not exactly 'cheap'. I still can't decide if I want them. I really hope they're better quality than the other terrible glasses I've heard about.

EDIT: following the link in the tweet, it gives these three points:

-Can fold the arms like regular glasses (even my 300 yen gachapon ones do this though, so I would certainly hope so)

-Made of a material that apparently does not stain DDs easily (but does not tell me what the material is exactly...)

-EXTREMELY cute box

I actually have a pair of Miku glasses for myself and would love to get these for my Miku, but $30 is my limit for a pair of good doll glasses. Plus, everything default Miku colored I've tied on my Snow Miku seems to really clash with her faceup. The box is frickin' adorable though!

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

cfx
4 hours ago, Monty said:

Glasses price is actually a lot better than I expected, although not exactly 'cheap'.

Yeah I'm surprised too. I assume 和真 Palette is some kind of designer brand, which usually means 2x or more the cost. I also seem to remember the real-person Miku glasses frames being some outrageous (to me, anyway) price.

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, Monty said:

Not sure anything short of Titanium will do that. XD

• Haha 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction