Monty

The Hatsune Miku (And Piapro/Vocaloid) New Outfit Thread

Gabriel
On 2/1/2020 at 12:24 PM, BeyondTime said:

Not sure anything short of Titanium will do that. XD

Unobtainium

• Haha 1

BeyondTime

The Snow Miku outfit is up on the Volks USA webstore now.

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/event/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=89

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

Volks showed some pics of the outfit on display at their booth at the Snow Miku event hall. Sadly they didn't announce anything new after all. I was hoping there'd be something to celebrate the incoming release of Project Diva MegaMix but alas, it doesn't really seem like they're making many Project Diva outfits anymore...certainly not as many as they were before, when they'd announce one or even two every Snow Miku or MagiMirai.

cfx

More pictures of the Snow Miku outfit are here:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/teaoevo/archives/1913709.html

http://blog.livedoor.jp/teaoevo/archives/1913814.html

There was some kind of all-Miku doll gathering (part of the Snow Miku events? not sure), and the Miku Mobile was there:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/teaoevo/archives/1913856.html

http://blog.livedoor.jp/teaoevo/archives/1913871.html

http://blog.livedoor.jp/teaoevo/archives/1913818.html

BeyondTime

Shipping on Oct 3rd

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

sinclair

Hopefully this means Miku will have a new outfit in time for Christmas.

Monty

Despite not being able to be at Magical Mirai today, Volks still had announcements to post. This was expected but the 2021 Snow Miku outfit ‘Glowing Snow’ is confirmed.

Edited by Monty

Monty
1 hour ago, Ylse said:

The illustration looks super cute. I like the hat! How much time is usual between the announcement and the reveal? I think Snow Miku will look really cute in this 🤩

They’ll probably be exhibiting it at the Snow Miku event in February, so it will be unveiled slightly before then or on the day.

EDIT: can’t believe I missed this but since it’s in the same tweet and I don’t know where else to post it/don’t want to dig up the old Snow Miku thread or make a new one, it looks like Snow Miku Reboot was decided to be a preorder at Volks stores nationwide, not just in Sapporo! (Sapporo is just getting her much earlier). This includes the online store!

She’s delivering some time in autumn 2021 (although there’s the chance of dividing into waves)

The preorder period is February 6 to March 7 (seems to be the same for both Snow Miku Reboot and the Glowing Snow outfit, so you can get them together)

(Keep in mind theres a chance that this will be like Luka’s limited preorder where you pay upfront.)

Edited by Monty
  • Thanks 1

nanika
11 hours ago, Monty said:

EDIT: can’t believe I missed this but since it’s in the same tweet and I don’t know where else to post it/don’t want to dig up the old Snow Miku thread or make a new one, it looks like Snow Miku Reboot was decided to be a preorder at Volks stores nationwide, not just in Sapporo! (Sapporo is just getting her much earlier). This includes the online store!

She’s delivering some time in autumn 2021 (although there’s the chance of dividing into waves)

The preorder period is February 6 to March 7 (seems to be the same for both Snow Miku Reboot and the Glowing Snow outfit, so you can get them together)

(Keep in mind theres a chance that this will be like Luka’s limited preorder where you pay upfront.)

Actually the Snow Miku Reboot release was planned to be at all Volks shops from the start.  The original ad in Volks News stated that Reboot would be sold in the Spring of 2021 (except for the Sapporo exclusive early pre-order), and that quantities would be limited.  

What changed was that it became a pre-order, so all orders placed within the time period will be accepted.  And the release date changed to Fall 2021 instead of Spring.

Monty
2 hours ago, nanika said:

Actually the Snow Miku Reboot release was planned to be at all Volks shops from the start.  The original ad in Volks News stated that Reboot would be sold in the Spring of 2021 (except for the Sapporo exclusive early pre-order), and that quantities would be limited.  

What changed was that it became a pre-order, so all orders placed within the time period will be accepted.  And the release date changed to Fall 2021 instead of Spring.

I never implied that wasn’t like that from the beginning, I also posted about it in the Volks News 90 thread back then and said at the time the dates and method for the webstore were TBA ;;. I just thought it was only Sapporo that was getting the guaranteed preorder as a Sapporo perk (being the location of the Snow Miku event) and didn’t expect a preorder for everyone because not even regular Miku reboot got one.

The actual release date being announced isn’t really a change because it wasn’t announced to begin with, only the sale date, which is what made me think it could be upfront payment. Edit: But if they did intend her to be a clickwar or preorder for everyone else originally, I wonder if the change has anything to do with the fact that recently Sapporo is a covid hotspot and people are now being discouraged from travelling there ;; I certainly saw people saying they wanted to go to Sapporo just to get that guaranteed PO...

Edited by Monty

sinclair

Another outfit to get, just barely got the last Snow Miku outfit preorder in.  I wish they'd do more not Snow Miku outfits.

Edited by sinclair
  • Like 1

Monty
1 hour ago, sinclair said:

I wish they'd do more not Snow Miku outfits.

Absolutely. I feel like eventually there's going to be more outfits made for Snow Miku than for regular Miku at this rate lol. I'm still sad that Luka hasn't even gotten anything beyond her Senbonzakura outfit because I'm just not fond of that song, and Luka's outfit is definitely the weakest in the series. 
I feel like they've moving away from PV and Project Diva outfits, which is kinda sad. There's still so many I would have liked to see, and it would have been nice if they'd have done a user poll to decide one. (Even if it was only at Magical Mirai or Dolpa! They decided the Kagamines only other outfits - the Daughter/Servant of Evil ones, that way.)

Recently there's a new mobile game called Project Sekai with Miku and co (as well as a bunch of human characters whoare also quite cute) which has its own set of new outfits. It's already been confirmed to have a nendoroid collab - so I hope that perhaps one day Volks does some of those ones too.
Otherwise, some of the Magical Mirai outfits for Miku have been really cute.

OccultBeast
35 minutes ago, Monty said:

Otherwise, some of the Magical Mirai outfits for Miku have been really cute.

Yes!!!  I'd probably cut my own legs off to buy some of the Magical Mirai outfits from Volks!

Also, if they didn't want to make anything else, there's at least the outfits that go with her voicebanks: Append, V3, V4X, V4 Chinese, and now NT.  I'd absolutely buy a V3 outfit without a second thought.  But it's fine, Volks, I'll just sit over here and wait to see if you release a Magical Mirai 2020 Happi...

• Like 1

nabeerain

Will there be a possibility of the reboot being on the VolksUSA site? I am just wondering because the recent Facebook post confused me on when and where she would be available (it says dollfie online stores in the link on the post).

Edited by nabeerain

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, nabeerain said:

Will there be a possibility of the reboot being on the VolksUSA site?

Unknown at this time. To the best of my knowledge Volks USA has never had Vocaloid licensing issues that prevent them from selling them here, but not all Volks events are available in all locations. 

We never know until Volks USA makes an announcement on their webstore or Facebook. 

There isn’t a huge reason not to buy from the Japan store if she isn’t available through the US store. You pay a bit more in shipping and fees, but you don’t have to worry about customs if you are in the US. 

• Like 1

nabeerain

Thank you @BeyondTime!  I am hoping if it ends up being a lottery for the regular order (not special advance) maybe VolksUSA will be a second shot at getting her if I miss out on the international site. Wishful thinking!?

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, nabeerain said:

Thank you @BeyondTime!  I am hoping if it ends up being a lottery for the regular order (not special advance) maybe VolksUSA will be a second shot at getting her if I miss out on the international site. Wishful thinking!?

From @Monty’s earlier post: Snow Miku reboot is pre-order at all Volks Japan stores nationwide, and that is including the web store. It’s a one month pre-order from Feb 6th to March 7th with delivery in Autumn.

There is a very good chance you will have to pay upfront.

With a February event date, it may be awhile before Volks USA makes their own announcement. 

• Like 1

Monty

There’s a preview of Glowing Snow now. Looking cute so far, more photos to come later. The price is 24800.

• Like 4

marishade

I cannot wait until we see the whole outfit!

Poofiemus

Well I at least approve of the embroidery I see so far, as opposed to screen printing I was actually suspecting they'd use, but I definitely need to see photos without the photoshopped glow. Seeing the actual finish of those parts I suspect will make or break this outfit. 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Veravey

I'm very excited! I'm a huge fan of snow miku, especially her extra fluffy and furry versions <3

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

MichelleAK

I'm looking forward to seeing the whole outfit. I didn't buy last year's, but I'm definitely interested in this one.  For the price (approximately $50 US more than last year's), I really hope it's high quality. Pictures of the Nendoroid and figma show a little bunny with her, so I hope one comes with this outfit (I do have the Twinkle Snow outfit, and that came with the bunny). 

OccultBeast
5 hours ago, MichelleAK said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the whole outfit. I didn't buy last year's, but I'm definitely interested in this one.  For the price (approximately $50 US more than last year's), I really hope it's high quality. Pictures of the Nendoroid and figma show a little bunny with her, so I hope one comes with this outfit (I do have the Twinkle Snow outfit, and that came with the bunny). 

The price increase also makes sense when you consider how long this dress is compared to previous dresses.  There's also a ton of very small details, and embroidery as we've seen in the preview image.

Also, it's very interesting to notice suddenly that her wig has a braid in the bangs like the official design has!  I wonder if this is a new optional wig, or if they just did up a special one for photos.  I guess it could be an optional piece included with the outfit that you just attach under the wig, but I'm still interested to see if that's something official or just for advertisement purposes.

The rabbit's name is Yukine, by the way!  He's extremely precious and I would love to see a little plush of him included with the outfit, or even as an option at some point.

• Like 1