The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kumi

Smart Doll April 2 announcement - new face? :)

Cauldroness

Upper-left is probably the same mold as Kizuna/etc., just painted for an open mouth. You don't have to change the mold to do that, just the paint.

Just look at Subaru's girl here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17182

Looks like an open mouth, but it's 100% paint, Reimu is a closed-mouth mold.

Pretty sure Haruka is another Mirai clone.

So 9 new dolls, but only 1 new mold. Typical Danny!!!

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Eiko82

BTW I don't understand Danny. A month ago, he was saying how he wants to make the company leaner and keep stock under control but now, he is releasing 7 girls with the same sculpt this year?!? How is that lean?

I actually wonder if we'll ever see the release of Summer and milk-skin Summer :

He has been showing them for over a year with no release date. Guess interest in them isn't high enough.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

galatia9
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just trying to figure this out, but:

As far as this picture goes, top left seems like a new sculpt, top right looks like just another Mirai-with-a-different-faceup (here's hoping it's Cortex-Mirai), Trinity/Serenity/Kanata/new Kizuna/tea skin brunette/chocolate skin ginger seem to be the same sculpt, and Felicity seems to be new.

These girls are so hard to keep track of, I think we need spreadsheets >.<

I agree! I was wondering if there is a definitive list of which sculpt each doll uses. I started one myself to see if it would help me choose my next Smart Doll, if I decide to get another.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

jaderose
So 9 new dolls, but only 1 new mold. Typical Danny!!!

Aargh! No more giving him the benefit of the doubt >.<

... for real, how much longer can he keep up the whole "we have the whole market/we're expanding the market" thing going if every single doll has the same freaking face under their paint? They're all adorable but it's getting really old. I really hope he'll delegate some company work to people that aren't him so things can get interesting in the vinyl world again!

BTW I don't understand Danny. A month ago, he was saying how he wants to make the company leaner and keep stock under control but now, he is releasing 7 girls with the same sculpt this year?!? How is that lean?

I wish he'd just release them as different faceup options >.< It would be so much easier to window shop!

The post above this signature was probably TLDR, and I am very sorry.

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

belpita

I actually wonder if we'll ever see the release of Summer and milk-skin Summer :

He has been showing them for over a year with no release date. Guess interest in them isn't high enough.

I think what he does is he first teases a new design and gauges its popularity. Then decides to release it, if he thinks it will sell a decent amount. But if the design then doesn't sell as much, it will be discontinued.

So, even if he will release all those new girls, not all of them will stay on as stock.

Having said that, I don't know how many he does produce for a first run. Could it be 50-100?

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

galatia9

Journey looks like an open mouth sculpt.

Linda S.

galatia9

Kumi
Journey looks like an open mouth sculpt.

I can bet it's only a smart paint job

galatia9
I can bet it's only a smart paint job

So tricky!

Linda S.

galatia9

McKennachu

I really hope Journey isn't just a recast with a clever paint job. I love the almost snarky expression and I'm dying for some kind of variation between the different sculpts. Every Smart Doll carries similarity to Mirai and it's getting old. :<

That said, I'm reeeeally considered getting my hands on Cherry.

Shailara
I really hope Journey isn't just a recast with a clever paint job. I love the almost snarky expression and I'm dying for some kind of variation between the different sculpts. Every Smart Doll carries similarity to Mirai and it's getting old. :<

That said, I'm reeeeally considered getting my hands on Cherry.

She's definitely not a Mirai sculpt, but he's shown a bunch of repaints of this sculpt so far (of the tileset with the 9 new girls, 7 of them are basically the "Journey" sculpt)

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Amber

I never really wanted a Smart Doll... Ever. But now that this face for Trinity/Serenity/Journey... I want it in the tan skin tone. Or does he call it Tea? Anyways - I really really want that girl. I will probably make her resemble me if I am lucky enough to get one.

Also, someone mentioned Summer. I thought she was really cute and I liked her a lot. I am surprised there is not a lot of information about her, though. She was one that I considered getting one day because I thought she looked very sweet and friendly.

Shailara

About Summer, he did say that she'll be released in Summer, but no definite month.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Zaliayn

Danny has announced Summer's release date as 25th June -

She does now have a smiley faceup though.

magique

UGH. I hate it when he randomly announces sales with barely any time to save up in advance. I've been saving, but I would've sold a couple things if I'd known both Ruby *and* Summer would be coming for sale at basically the same time.

Shailara

Her new set is just so bad in comparison to the old one. I am also pretty disappointed and bitter at the random release. I saved up for a year for her, but since he kept delaying her again and again, I now don't have the funds for her... welp.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Eiko82

She is cute in a 'Symphony x Mirai' mix way. I'm a bit surprised to see that her faceup changed so much after her first appearance.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Zaliayn

Tentative release dates have been announced; July for Felicity and Trinity, and August for Kanata and Serenity.

Now to work out which doll I want most, because I seem to like just about every version of this head sculpt! I can't decide if I want a smiley girl or a more serious-looking girl. Argh, too many possibilities!

Eiko82

I can't wait to see owner pics of Felicity

Cauldroness

I might-might-might be interested in a Tea Kanata or a Tea Trinity if owner photos prove they're not as flat-faced as all his other dolls have been. But it seems like those may be a long ways off (or never).

cfx
I might-might-might be interested in a Tea Kanata or a Tea Trinity if owner photos prove they're not as flat-faced as all his other dolls have been. But it seems like those may be a long ways off (or never).

It's still just a head-on pic so not conclusive or anything, but there's a huge closeup of Kanata here where more detail is visible:

I don't see any evidence there that she's not like the others in that respect.

Ayuuya

Oh, I can help with some pics of Justice's face in different angles. I should have taken pics of all the girls at different angles when I went in May, but when Danny took Justice out I just started snapping away

3SiTV3Jl.jpg

fffxVMTl.jpg

3 more pics in this album, but they don't show the side profile, they are more of straight on pics. One nice thing to note tho, is that her lips were shiny/glossed looking.

Cauldroness

ARGH NO SO FLAT

Thank you Ayuuya for taking these photos, you probably saved me a huge disappointment.

Ayuuya

No problem ^^;

Tbh I'm on the fence about getting Kanata or the new Kizuna, I love their expressions... But the profile... 3/4 profile isn't too bad though...