The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kumi

Smart Doll April 2 announcement - new face? :)

freakie-oppa

Oh wow, I didn't even realize the sculpt was that flat. She barely has any definition outside of her nose. I was debating on getting Trinity but now I'm VERY hesitant. A good defined profile view is my weak spot so this wouldn't fit in with what I want in my collection at all.

Zaliayn

Another lovely lady in tea skin:

I think she has quite an interesting faceup, but I suspect I'm going to end up with either Trinity or Kanata for this sculpt...

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

marishade
Another lovely lady in tea skin:

I think she has quite an interesting faceup, but I suspect I'm going to end up with either Trinity or Kanata for this sculpt...

I LOVE this new face! I was in love with Twilight when she was released, but I may be happy I waited so I could get this girl. She has such an attitude!

I also really love Justice. I have not been a fan of most of the cocoa skin girls because they seem so boring (like Julia or Ivory). I think I am going to get Justice and this new girl.

Zaliayn

Smart Doll Journey has been scheduled for a September release:

@cfx Thanks for the link, there are a lot of nice photos there.

How I wish I could visit the Mirai Store!

cfx

On Instagram he said Kanata will be August:

Maybe he's trying for one a month?

Zaliayn
On Instagram he said Kanata will be August:

Maybe he's trying for one a month?

That certainly looks to be the plan, and he's even planning to release two dolls this month.

I assume he'll still be going ahead with releasing Serenity in August too. With the number of girls that are waiting to be released, that's probably a good thing!

Zaliayn

Another new girl has appeared!

How cute is she with those glasses!

Plus some subtle refining tweaks to Trinity's facemask:

I like that Danny posts things like this, it's really interesting seeing how things like this are developed. I know it gives me a greater appreciation for the work that goes into everything.

Zaliayn

Just me again reporting on more release date announcements.

Felicity is being released on the 20th July https://twitter.com/dannychoo/status/1019208362418831360, and the anniversary edition of Kizuna has a release date in October, so if you like her current look then pick her up soon. https://twitter.com/dannychoo/status/1019206360758607873.

No word on Trinity yet that I can see. She's going to be pretty close to Felicity if Danny's still going with a July release for her. Still haven't made my mind up if I'm going for Trinity or Kanata yet, but the new version of Kizuna is very pretty too. Guess I shall be waiting until the owner photos of the first two girls start showing up before buying either.

Edited by Guest

cfx

I think Kizuna is just October, not October 10th. Unless I'm overlooking something the picture in that tweet just says "KIZUNA 2018 10"

Zaliayn
I think Kizuna is just October, not October 10th. Unless I'm overlooking something the picture in that tweet just says "KIZUNA 2018 10"

Yes you're right, my mistake. The 10 in there confused me for some unknown reason - I've now edited the post to remove the day. Thanks for the heads up.

cirquemom

No word on Trinity yet that I can see. She's going to be pretty close to Felicity if Danny's still going with a July release for her. Still haven't made my mind up if I'm going for Trinity or Kanata yet, but the new version of Kizuna is very pretty too. Guess I shall be waiting until the owner photos of the first two girls start showing up before buying either.

I couldn't chose between Trinity and Kanata either so a friend posted these two shots together so I could compare face-ups. She removed the glasses. I don't really care about characters so that doesn't matter to me.

Although I like the eye and hair color on Kanata, I think I like Trinity's face-up more. So I will be getting Trinity- just hope the final touches on the mask doesn't take too long and delay the release too long.

Maybe this will help you decide:

37058024_2136473349972821_6718086612024033280_n_zpsjpbwfmmu.jpg

cirquemom

Trinity apparently delayed a bit due to the face mask issues. So I'm guessing maybe early August?

cfx

Seeing them together I prefer Kanata with her less severe eyebrows. I also like the eye makeup better and how it makes her eyes look larger.

Both are pretty though.

cirquemom

Seeing them together I prefer Kanata with her less severe eyebrows. I also like the eye makeup better and how it makes her eyes look larger.

Both are pretty though.

I want Kanata's eye color and hair with Trinity's face-up. And yes- they are both pretty! I'd take either one, really.

Zaliayn

I couldn't chose between Trinity and Kanata either so a friend posted these two shots together so I could compare face-ups. She removed the glasses. I don't really care about characters so that doesn't matter to me.

Although I like the eye and hair color on Kanata, I think I like Trinity's face-up more. So I will be getting Trinity- just hope the final touches on the mask doesn't take too long and delay the release too long.

Maybe this will help you decide:

Thanks for that pic, it really does help to see how the two compare with each other. And it's nice to see a larger closeup of Kanata without her glasses.

They're both lovely, although I think I'm leaning more towards Kanata at the moment since she's a bit less frowny than Trinity...

But yes, I would be happy with either of them too.

cirquemom

I'm ready.

Finger hovering over the "buy it" button.

Just...put her up for sale please!!!

Zaliayn

Trinity is getting delayed to some time around September due to face mask tweaking

Such a shame, but I'd rather have her delayed than released with a faceup that's not quite right.

And I know I said I was probably going to get Kanata, but then I saw this pic of Trinity and now I want her again lol:

Argh she's so amazing!!!

cfx

I happened to stumble on some pictures of girls with this head sculpt from different angles here:

Eiko82

Oooh, she looks quite cute in profile.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

cfx

Pictures taken at Mirai Store are showing either yet another girl with this head sculpt, or Danny has completely revamped the new Kizuna:

Comparison:

As far as I know Danny hasn't commented on this one. If she is Kizuna, she looks less like her and she's smiling too much. If she isn't, why is he making another doll with the same sculpt, same eyes and eye color, same wig and hair color, etc.?

freakie-oppa
Pictures taken at Mirai Store are showing either yet another girl with this head sculpt, or Danny has completely revamped the new Kizuna:

Comparison:

As far as I know Danny hasn't commented on this one. If she is Kizuna, she looks less like her and she's smiling too much. If she isn't, why is he making another doll with the same sculpt, same eyes and eye color, same wig and hair color, etc.?

Not sure if it's true, but a commentator mentions a 'Melody face-up' wherein Danny remarks on her sharp eyes. I wonder if perhaps this is possibly an optional expression for Kizuna, or just the Melody face printed onto a different head as an experiement. For all we know he could even be testing the waters and seeing which expression catches more attention.

This look has snark and personally, which to me, is a bit more lively. But the first revamp whilst a little artificial would be a bit closer to what she originally was.

But I sort of expect his reworks to not really resemble his initial character designs anymore so if that is the new Kizuna I wouldn't actually be surprised.

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll