Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

SakuraRose

Feedback for Danny Choo

Difren

I think it is not necessary to wait Danny will be back at Japan. It is better to react ASAP until the topic is fresh and hot.

Bellatrix
I think it is not necessary to wait Danny will be back at Japan. It is better to react ASAP until the topic is fresh and hot.

I think the opposite, instead being on a trip and having many things to do for the convention purposes, mean that he won't probably pay us enough attention... best case scenario delaying the thing until he is back..

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

marishade

I edited the original Google Doc to show both the 'old' release-info paragraph (in blue) and the 'new' release-info paragraph (in red-ish). Can some (or all) of you read them again and make some comments if they are needed? I tried to make the new one using information from the old without telling Danny 'when' release dates should be posted. I kept the old paragraph so yo could use it as comparison and to reference if any of you think anything else should be added (or removed) from the edited paragraph.

Thanks for all of your work so far!

Eiko82

I think the reworked paragraph sounds much friendly tho I'd make it a bit more concise. I added my feedback to the Google dobleepent.

I really wanna thank you for all the effort and hard work you're putting into this, Marishade

Edited by Guest

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Shailara

It all looks good to me, and thank you too for your hard work!

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

freakie-oppa

I've reread the old and the rewritten and I think this rewrite is not only worded better, it's to the point. There is no dilly dally between the lines. However I hope you don't mind me bringing up something.

I agree that a PROPER release schedule is pretty much natural in companies, how is a company even meant to properly run anyways without a schedule? And how do they organize their customers without a set time if he wants to sell Moonlight, literally, in the dead of the night? Most don't have the time stalk his page 24/7.

But I feel like the usage of 'harder to save up money' is not something that concerns a company. They don't cater to just a few individuals, and will willingly sell their dolls to other customers that have the income on the spot. Because how fast someone saves up is not their problem. I think everything else in that part of the letter is necessary, but this part, haha, I'm not so sure. But that could just be me though considering no one else brought it up so feel free to ignore this.

Yumeiro

But I feel like the usage of 'harder to save up money' is not something that concerns a company. They don't cater to just a few individuals, and will willingly sell their dolls to other customers that have the income on the spot. Because how fast someone saves up is not their problem.:

Yes. But also, if you want new people in, the business should be a bit more including and give everyone an equal chance.

I too feel a bit ambivalent towards the point. So perhaps different wording is needed? Like, "it makes it harder to put aside money" - especially for such uncertain and seemingly arbitrary releases.

Difren

For me the "red" version is better than "blue"

SakuraRose

Many, many thanks to marishade's hard work and everyone else's input. ^_^ I think the latest draft of the paragraph version describes our issues perfectly. Hopefully, when Danny gets the chance to read it, he won't dismiss us too. I'm thinking once he gets back from a two cons, he would have met fans of his work and maybe won't be as irritated by critique. ^^"

Eiko82

When it's ready to be sent (which it more or less is), what subject should we put in the subject line? "Concerns about Smart Doll brand"?

How would we go about signing it? Just put our name or username that we feel comfortable using? I forgot if we had decided to send it once with all our names or if we all send it.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Starwaia

I've been watching this thread and I think this is a really good idea! I admit I worry that he'll just brush it off as more people not believing in him or being demanding customers or whatever, but the draft seems reasonable to me so hopefully he'll see it that way.

That said, I think it would be more effective sent once by one person with everyone's signatures(including mine, if you'll have me?) rather than spamming multiple copies like one sent from each person. If Danny Choo's inbox gets flooded, it might make him pay more attention but it might also just make him less inclined to take the message seriously if it's being shoved in his face.

That's really all I have to say. I really hope this works.

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Gunter

That said, I think it would be more effective sent once by one person with everyone's signatures(including mine, if you'll have me?) rather than spamming multiple copies like one sent from each person.

I actually really agree with this. I think it'd be perfect. I don't know how we would want to form the signatures. Like would we wanna use real names to make it more personal or usernames or both? Something like "Katrina (Gunter) Nix." I feel personally that'd be good cause he could get the personal touch and maybe know them via their username as well so he could put two together. I realize this also opens up a chance to shame us as well, but honestly this entire thing is a risk so I'd say just do it.

teensybits

I had been planning on getting one awhile ago and had been looking at photos of them on IG. I found someone on there (who wasn't him), claiming she was Danny Choo. She was advertising them for sale etc like it was a business IG account. I would think maybe she was acting as an unofficial dealer/buying service but she was also advertising other dolls for sale that I knew weren't for sale (because we tracked down the owners and they weren't for sale and she was using stolen photos and all).

I let DC know that someone on IG was impersonating him and misrepresenting his brand (based on some of the comments on the smartdoll photos) and DC blocked me. WTF?

I don't care if he just didn't care about the person on IG but why block the person who is letting you know that someone else is scamming people with his photos??

After that I decided I was no longer interested in his products at all.

So for this email, I think it's a great idea and would likely be very useful for most companies out there, however based off Danny's immature behavior I experienced with the IG mess, I don't expect the email to accomplish much - and prepare for whoever sends it to be blocked or blacklisted.

Yumeiro
I don't expect the email to accomplish much - and prepare for whoever sends it to be blocked or blacklisted.

Then he better be ready for a storm.

I am sorry for what happened to you though... I understand how you don't want to deal with him any longer, but in your shoes I would try to make sure it wasn't a mistake. Because it is just not logical to block you for informing him.

Shailara

Yeah, I was thinking the other day we might all be blacklisted But, tbh, if he's going to be blacklisting people for trying to help him, I don't want to give him my business, so he might as well as add my name in it!

Maybe we can just add our names at the end? I don't think usernames matter too much. The only thing that would matter to him probably is whether or not we have bought before. If we haven't, he probably couldn't care less about us So we might want to add the names of the people who already have given him business first and then the names of those who haven't, rofl.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Eiko82

I'll admit that I'm very worried about being blacklisted or worst, publicly shamed.

I do realize that if a company treats anyone like *that*, they're not worthy of my money. But it would still make me so sad to see a company I respect and supported for 4 years treat its fans like that.

So any idea on when we'll send the email? I don't think that we should wait too long to do this. I fear that if we wait too long, Danny will dismiss our concerns 'cause the events happened 2-3 weeks ago.

Yumeiro

He should be back "in office" soon, so I think the mail could be sent any day now.

I am not worried about being blacklisted or publicly shamed, myself. Sure, it would not be ideal, but I think he would get a lot of backlash for that.

Our goal is not to be mean, rude, or in any way spread negativity. So it would not bode well for his business to be that unreasonable as to blacklist a group of concerned fans/customers.

Perhaps the fact should be mentioned further in the mail though? That "some of us even felt weary of putting our signatures in this mail, in fear of "some sort of blacklisting", at this point"..?

marishade

That is kind of already addrssed in one of the paragraphs.

We could also just put our first names. That way we are still signing it, but it is a little more discrete?

I agree about sending it soon now. We should really email it out in the next day or two if possible.

Anna-neko

how about for signing we just do how contest winners are announced: First-name & Initial-of-last name?

Eiko82
how about for signing we just do how contest winners are announced: First-name & Initial-of-last name?

I like this suggestion.

EDIT: Mine is Els G.

Edited by Guest

Shailara

Mine is Natalia C. I agree we should send the email soon...

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

freakie-oppa

Can I add mine in too? Mine would be Jade Y.

If he dares to attempt in shaming people for a constructive letter, then I really will want nothing to do with his brand afterward.

Which of course is not something I hope happens. After being bitterly disappointed by his stuff in the past I want there to at least be a glimmer of hope.

Yumeiro

Was it decided on who will send the e-mail?

Edited by Guest

marishade

I can send the email if you guys would like. Just have to figure out the best email to send the letter to.

Also, I would copy-paste what is in the google doc directly into the email body (not attach a dobleepent).

The dobleepent has been updated with all the names given so far plus my own.

KonekoHigure

If it's not too late, here is mine: Doriane Z.

At home: Ashura (DD Ruri) - Nova (DDS Alice Kuonji)