Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

SakuraRose

Feedback for Danny Choo

marishade
If it's not too late, here is mine: Doriane Z.

Not too late, you have been added.

To give others an idea, if I am the one who sends the email I do not plan to do so for at least another 10 hours from now. Please keep posting your names! I will be watching this thread all day and will update the dobleepent when I see new names posted.

Edited for grammar errors.

KonekoHigure

Thanks, Marishade!

Also, you did a great job there! Thanks!

At home: Ashura (DD Ruri) - Nova (DDS Alice Kuonji)

Gunter

As stated before I'm Katrina N.

Make sure to post me lower as I've not purchased a Smart Doll (Just waiting for one to tug at my heartstrings).

moevelvet

Raquel S., have not purchased.

Shailara

If we're going in order of having purchased or not after all, i haven't either. I have been waiting for Summer since August...

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

marishade

I do not think it matters.

One, Danny will not know the difference unless he literally spends a few hours trying to match up names to previous orders. Two, I tried to write the letter in a way that "us" reflects those who have bought, will buy, and are just starting to find out about Smart Doll.

Also, putting names in an order makes it seem like some people's opinion are more important than others (at least to me it does). I personally do not care for that for something like this.

Eiko82

I agree with marishade - it doesn't matter if you have or haven't ordered before. It's obvious that we all care for Danny's business.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Anna-neko

I don't think name order matters in the signature at all, you can add them in order u get 'em or in alphabetical order.... as long as the names are there!

It also shouldn't matter if we bought a SmartDoll or not, as half the problem with his shop is not knowing when the new/limited dolls are even up for sale!

oh, and plz add me too: Anna K

Shailara

My friend wants to be added also Sophia M.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

CeliathePikachu

I would like to be included too- Celia T.

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

marishade

Twelve names so far. Excellent!

Either I will send it in about 3-4 hours. . . or forget and send it tomorrow morning (my time). If anyone else comes to the forum who has not written their name down, please do so! I will continue adding names until I send the email.

Panda_Dolliess

I would like to be added to the signature list! ~~ MaKayla B.

marishade

What should the subject be? "Feedback for Danny Choo"? "A note of concerns"? Something else?

Eiko82

I would suggest "Concerns about Smart Doll brand". That should grab their attention.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Shailara

Eiko's suggestion sounds about right

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Gunter

I hope that at least some of this sinks in for him. I doubt he'll pay it attention, but that's my one hope. Just get him thinking and wondering about how he's acting/how he's handling his company.

Thank you Marishade for writing and sending the email.

Panda_Dolliess

Yeah, I hope he doesn't take offense to the email and hopefully consider our points. We only want to see him succeed. Thank you for writing the email for us all!

Yumeiro

Danny mentioned on instagram how his recent trip gave him time to reflect.

Chilling out in a park in Salzburg. Being away from Japan helped a bit (despite daily Slack & Trello) to reflect on the business and figure out where we want to take it.

So I hope he is in the right mindset to take things in still.

And thanks marishade!

Eiko82

I do hope that Danny will respond in a positive, polite way to our email. Thank you so much for all the hard work, marishade! You're the best!

MarQ

Did you get any feedback in the meantime?

marishade

I have yet to receive a follow-up email. I received an 'auto-reply' message confirming that it had been delivered and "someone usually gets back within 3 business days"; that would be today so. . . . . I am not sure if Danny will actually reply to the email or not.

SeirenMachina

This was a super brave effort from everyone who put forward ideas, I hope Danny look on it amicably and not as "hate". I follow him on instagram and I think I'm seeing him take a new direction recently, making some changes and what not.

I think it's important to remember in all of this that Smart Doll started as a passion project for Danny, and it's something very dear to his and our hearts.

Yumeiro

I also feel that there has been a slight change in the instagram posts. I do not read much of the comments or replies he gets though, so I do not know how the tone is in his answers/interactions.

However, I think it is still too early to expect a reply. It would be better if he properly took in our concerns, and is given time to digest the mail. If he plans to make a statement, or reply, I would prefer one that is not rushed either.

Is a reply is completely necessary? Wouldn't changes to his tone and treatment of his fans/customers be what we should hope for?