Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

DD Sakura Miku

BeyondTime

I am expecting Sailor Moon in December as well. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I am expecting Sailor Moon in December as well. 

Yeah I think the precedent of Sailor Moon DDs in December overrides any precedent for rereleases. Otherwise they'd have likely started the rereleases this past December as they did for the 15th anniversary ones.

BeyondTime

I almost think Christmas has to have at least one new doll like with Rin V2, and Takane. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

I guess they could do that, just one Sailor Scout and something else. Volks also, rarely, has had three DD releases at once I believe. There will of course also be a preorder project this year, but that won't be rereleases* or Sailor Moon. It's also feasible for some non-Dolpa event release, as with Yuriko Nanao last year.

With Sakura Miku scheduled for release, there aren't any more previously-announced DDs that we're still waiting for are there?

*I say that because, so far, no limited/lottery doll has ever later become a preorder doll, and I wouldn't expect it to ever be so, as that would anger one segment of the collector customers "My rare unique expensive doll is now a commodity!" or something like that.

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime
11 hours ago, cfx said:

I guess they could do that, just one Sailor Scout and something else. Volks also, rarely, has had three DD releases at once I believe. There will of course also be a preorder project this year, but that won't be rereleases* or Sailor Moon. It's also feasible for some non-Dolpa event release, as with Yuriko Nanao last year.

While I think there is logic to your * point the rerelease could be a prior pre-order. 

Sailor Moon dolls could be a preorder too. 

As far as I can recall Sakura Miku is the last tease they had yet to release. 

Edited by BeyondTime

Chihaya
On 3/28/2019 at 4:46 AM, cfx said:

I only feel the "damn it wasn't ---?" a bit because with Sakura Miku and Miku f3 at this next Dolpa, I guess it's another event where we aren't gettting any of The Best rereleases. I just want to know what they are going to be so I can know what I should be considering buying from Mandarake already. With my usual luck I'm probably not getting any of what I want rereleased but it'd be nice to just know that so I can get on with it.

After waiting centuries for the results of that vote I finally decided screw that event and got White album Yuki. I think the original releases of some of these order big hits will always hold their value. I have seen a lot of cheaper Yuki's and Mikis this year. I suspected they may be sellers concerned the doll was going to get re-released. it's possible the time to strike may actually be now.

I'm glad volks has a big hitter with Miku. I do got to say though it's getting quite tiresome seeing fate and vocaloid so often.

Dollfie Dreamer, Minion of GEOTUS, idolm@ster

cfx
6 hours ago, Alienshroom said:

I have seen a lot of cheaper Yuki's and Mikis this year.

Yeah, Mandarake has dropped a new Miki's price from 200,000 yen to 160,000. Still a lot but quite a large drop. I thought I noticed it with Yuki too but haven't followed her price as much.

littlebirdzoom

What I'm curious about is Miku Reboot's wig. Her wig was awful and the Snow and Senbonzakura wigs were amazing. Whatever material they made it from is what I really hope the Reboot and Sakura wigs will be made out of, because honestly if I can get her original teal wig in that nice, manageable, shiny fibers they used on Snow Miku that would be enough for me to be happy about the rerelease.

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

marishade

I was thinking the same thing littlebirdzoom!

I have Snow Miku but have the default wig and outfit of Hatsune Miku. The default wig of Hatsune is a bloody pain, much prefer default Snow and literally every other Miku wig released since. If the wig fits better I might see if I can nab one in a 'new' Miku split (along with the frekin default Hatsune eyes which no one sells).

BeyondTime

I saw the Miku's on display at the Volks USA office, Snow and Original. The original wig looked beautiful, much better than the one mine has looks. I suspect those just need some TLC.

That's something they should do as a presentation at the LA Dolpa: How to clean up and style your wigs.

Edited by BeyondTime

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, cfx said:

Presentation or video would be better of course, but I remembered on Volks Japan they do have a page on styling Miku's wig here: https://www.volks.co.jp/miku/special_advice01/

The bangs were part of it, but with Miku it's the twintails that are a mess out of the box.

cfx

Did you look at the second part about the twintails?

Subaru

I actually prefer Miku's default wig over the other Snow Miku one! Snow Miku wig's is a little more layered so it's a little difficult to make the ends of the twintails "billowy" like the official artwork. I preserve my Miku's default wig I try to use a silicone based spray before storage and lightly twisting the fibers so that they're all interlocked without being braided.

Anyways, on the topic of Sakura Miku's wig - I took a quick look at my copy of Volks News. It looks like it'll be similar to the Snow Miku wig. It sorta has the same gradient effect and similar volume on the twin tails.

Sorry for the bad picture, it was sort of hard to take pictures without glare. If anyone wants additional pictures I can try to post them when I get the chance. 

vgV6aUV9.jpg

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

BeyondTime
10 hours ago, cfx said:

Did you look at the second part about the twintails?

Thanks, totally missed that part.

neonhologram
On 4/3/2019 at 3:44 PM, littlebirdzoom said:

What I'm curious about is Miku Reboot's wig. Her wig was awful and the Snow and Senbonzakura wigs were amazing. Whatever material they made it from is what I really hope the Reboot and Sakura wigs will be made out of, because honestly if I can get her original teal wig in that nice, manageable, shiny fibers they used on Snow Miku that would be enough for me to be happy about the rerelease.

I'm curious about this too. That original wig is so difficult. I ended up getting the CotinDoll wig that looks almost exactly like the default one just so I don't have to deal with ruining it any more (not that my original is bad... it just that the fibers get damaged and frizzy easily just by looking at it.) Is the Senbonzakura one that much better? I've been wanting to get the set just to have the wig.

Monty

https://volks.meclib.jp/DM83/book/index.html#target/page_no=29
Pics in digital Volks News (more on the next page too). Since you can zoom in nice and good, I was finally able to see her eyes clearly and she does indeed seem to have sakura petals in them which is a cute touch. Having her be Flesh tone instead of SW opens up some other custom possibilities for people just after her sculpt, too.

Honestly, I REALLY love her. I might even go looking for her some years later when I care less about how many dolls I have, cos I have other things I'd rather save my money for as I already have a Miku. plus in terms of dolls in this issue I'm waaay more interested in Tyltyl 8'(

Mothiraffe

Oh I really love her... nooooo. I've never ordered a limited doll directly from Volks, so I'm unsure of how that even works. I'm saving for some other things right now anyway, but I hope one day I can get Sakura Miku, she's so pretty! >.>;;

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

Oni-Chan

Any idea on the date for the after event yet? 

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

BeyondTime

Clocking around on the Miku pages, I love the dress that Miku is wearing on the Miku expo graphic. Be awesome if Volks makes this. https://mikuexpo.com/twhk2019/

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

Zaliayn

Just looked at Sakura Miku's page on the website, and I didn't realise she was going to be on the f3 body! 😮

On 4/20/2019 at 3:23 PM, BeyondTime said:

Clocking around on the Miku pages, I love the dress that Miku is wearing on the Miku expo graphic. Be awesome if Volks makes this. https://mikuexpo.com/twhk2019/

OMG if Volks made that outfit I'd order it in a heartbeat!

Nicole
On 3/28/2019 at 8:38 PM, sinclair said:

I guess I'm in the 'it's all the same Miku just different costumes' camp.  Miku is Miku, she's just a lot more flexible then the rest of us.  Probably won't be getting her, but I do want her outfit and wig if someone wants to split.  I love Miku, just don't need triplets.

I’m interested in the actual doll idk if you are thinking of getting her but I’ll be interested for sure! Idk if she’s going to be a lottery or preorder 

sinclair

On 4/23/2019 at 10:25 PM, Nicole said:
On 3/28/2019 at 6:38 PM, sinclair said:

I guess I'm in the 'it's all the same Miku just different costumes' camp.  Miku is Miku, she's just a lot more flexible then the rest of us.  Probably won't be getting her, but I do want her outfit and wig if someone wants to split.  I love Miku, just don't need triplets.

I’m interested in the actual doll idk if you are thinking of getting her but I’ll be intereste

I might do a split, we'll have to see where things are in life when the time comes.

• Like 1

cfx
On 4/21/2019 at 8:12 PM, Zaliayn said:

Just looked at Sakura Miku's page on the website, and I didn't realise she was going to be on the f3 body! 😮

I'm sure we are at a point where everything will be f3 from now on. The old body parts are technically discontinued; while we can order them from both Volks websites, only the Dollpoint store still carries them.