Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

DDS Sailor Mercury and Mars

BeyondTime

It looks like Sailor Mercury has more stock on the Volks Japan site.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

solebria

Managed to snatch Mercury and Mars when they were restocked at the same time as Kizuna and Venus. I am super lucky they were back in stock as a few days before I was contemplating on buying them from Mandarake ...which were much higher in price as well as higher shipping. Just got a shipping notification not so long ago so they will be home soon!

• Like 1

BeyondTime
59 minutes ago, solebria said:

Managed to snatch Mercury and Mars when they were restocked at the same time as Kizuna and Venus.

Congrats, while Mercury is my favorite Senshi and I love her DD form, Mars is just perfect. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

solebria
20 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Congrats, while Mercury is my favorite Senshi and I love her DD form, Mars is just perfect. 

Thank you! I resisted for so long to purchase both even if I was super tempted with Mercury (as she is my second favorite senshi) and her DDS was so so lovely, but it wasn't after breaking down and purchasing Jupiter that I regretted not jumping on the opportunities to purchase both Mercury and Mars. However, I am glad that both Volks Int. and Volks USA, have been putting some of the dolls in stock even after their PO/lottery time. 

Edited by solebria

Miruna

Mercury is still in stock. Is there a reason as to why she keeps on getting restocked and Mars doesn't?

BeyondTime
31 minutes ago, Miruna said:

Mercury is still in stock. Is there a reason as to why she keeps on getting restocked and Mars doesn't?

Most likely reason is Volks didn't sell out when she was released and consequentially had a lot of extra stock.

Mars is has more of a unique sculpt too, which makes her more desirable to people looking for a DD that stands out. That may explain why there were so few left.

finnleo
49 minutes ago, Miruna said:

a few possible reasons.

Mercery is a side character from a 30 something year old IP and may not have the same residual appeal in the fanbase as the other sidekicks.

(although is this actually the case, since mercury has more wishlist entries than mars ... which doesent explain why she's not sold out.)

also the blue eyebrows will make it a pain for anybody wanting to use for things outside of character,

im more surprised they are still trying to get rid of Freya's and Ranka's ... that dont have the low stock warning... if only Freya would have come in her plain clothes outfit.

Edited by finnleo

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Fun fact, Toei actually started a campaign during the first season of the 90's anime to make people like Sailor Mars, because she was largely disliked by the fans/children when she debuted in the anime lol 

finnleo
15 minutes ago, Serena-Hime said:

to make people like Sailor Mars, because she was largely disliked by the fans/children when she debuted

I was sort of expecting something like this after opening my mouth on a subject I didnt follow as it was recent (or just at the level of, I know it exists) ... but this could also point to lower production numbers for mars.

dunno about how the character swung in the many dubs (I only had access to the swedish one personally, and noped out), so would that have an effect on the appeal outside of japan.

Edited by finnleo

Miruna
2 hours ago, finnleo said:

also the blue eyebrows will make it a pain for anybody wanting to use for things outside of character,

That's a very good point actually. Didn't think about that.

2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Mars is has more of a unique sculpt too, which makes her more desirable to people looking for a DD that stands out. That may explain why there were so few left.

Very true as well. Thank you for your insight!

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, finnleo said:

im more surprised they are still trying to get rid of Freya's and Ranka's ... that dont have the low stock warning... if only Freya would have come in her plain clothes outfit.

The Volks photos of Freya are awful, and make her makeup look clownish. 

2 hours ago, Serena-Hime said:

Fun fact, Toei actually started a campaign during the first season of the 90's anime to make people like Sailor Mars, because she was largely disliked by the fans/children when she debuted in the anime

She seems to fit the Tsundere archetype, and she comes off as full of herself at times. Ami is sweet, Minako is girly, and Makoto can come across as very vulnerable at times. I can see how Tsundere Rei could seem unappealing compared to the other three.

I’ll take 10x Rei over 1 x Chibi-Usa though. @onion9@

• Like 1