Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Meggiekarp

Anime BJDs

BeyondTime
54 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

I thought of dressing up my SD in anime style but is that frowned upon? SD Miku would look really interesting though. I'll have a look and see what will fit her.

I don't think any style of dress is really frowned upon in this hobby. We're all adults who collect dolls, so it's not like we can really judge others for their personal tastes. 

• Like 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo
1 hour ago, Xiongmao said:

SD in anime style but is that frowned upon?

Well... there is thing called Rozen Maiden... and the SD13 replica's that were made by volks. and if anything is worth frowning with that combo is the spectacular aftermarket prices.

• Haha 1

RyuichiSakuma13

I have quite a few anime-styled BJDs.  The idea of being able to create my favorite characters in 3D was what drew me to dolls in the first place. 

I didn't like dolls before discovering resin BJDs and then recently, vinyl dolls.  Now its love! 😊

I'm not sure if I can post them all here, but here is one, my first boy.  Sakuma Ryuichi from the series Gravitation.  Old pic is old.

Ryuichi's eyebrows and face

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
Looking for a link that works (>_<);

0bsequi0us

Seems like there's been a big boom in resin anime dolls since this thread was started... probably because of Puyoodoll, I bet. 😗 I have a lot of resin anime dolls (they're what I primarily collect) and most of them are from Chinese artists.

Here are some of mine:

06D4DD4C-082F-4E43-ACD1-E084839DB1A9.jpg.b801802f2fb16d94f931c2134a601983.jpg

(^ Xagadoll Crepes)

IMG_4909.jpeg.a7cfc9e39cdffd364af255155eb436b9.jpeg

(^ Gokidoll Miimy- also the doll in my icon lol)

IMG_5993.jpeg.09a2f0e4da4943f427715b2e2adc8323.jpeg

(^ Forest Doll Damie, my most recent faceup 😚 )

• Like 13

luckyk

@0bsequi0us, your dolls and their faceups are absolutely gorgeous. I love the style you went with!

I have two mini blindbox dolls (Teenar Campus Peach and a Penny's Box centaur), as well as Pepper, a Fenjiexian Miss Garden with a faceup by Jane's Dolland. Fenjiexian's material is debated but it's generally agreed to be ABS. It feels really nice and premium, not to mention her face is super cute. 

I really want a XAGA Kimi or Miki. I love their chibi bodies (heart knees!) and cute little Dal-esque faces. 

I never hear about Ani Delfs so I assume they're not very popular, but I quite like them and would one day like to own one as well, preferably in a darker skintone since they're so rare for anime style dolls. I prefer the look of the Honey body for them.

Edited by luckyk
  • Like 1

0bsequi0us

@luckyk Thank you so much! 😙

I think the rumor about Fenjiexian/Dividing Line being ABS was sort of a game of telephone! Their official taobao has a disclaimer that states that all of their dolls are made of resin, so I think at some point they were confused with ufdoll, which is actually made of a PVC/ABS blend. I love FJX, they're super cute little dolls. ☺️ Their larger 1/4 one is super cute too.

luckyk
22 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

@luckyk Thank you so much! 😙

I think the rumor about Fenjiexian/Dividing Line being ABS was sort of a game of telephone! Their official taobao has a disclaimer that states that all of their dolls are made of resin, so I think at some point they were confused with ufdoll, which is actually made of a PVC/ABS blend. I love FJX, they're super cute little dolls. ☺️ Their larger 1/4 one is super cute too.

Oh, really! They're still considered off-topic on DoA so I just assumed they were found to be non-resin. Pepper's body feels pretty much exactly like my resin dolls, so I would believe that they are.

I want the 1/4 FJX elf so badly. If they had her in fantasy colors, I would totally go for it.

RozenGermain

I really like anime BJDs too. But then again, the majority of my dolls are anime style so that's a given. I posted about this cutie on tumblr but I thought I could mention him in this thread too (cause DoA won't verify my account for some reason). I had a semi-anime style head come in the mail today that I got from MyDollection (it was the only one the dealer had in stock and I couldn't resist really). He's a weird mix of a Kumako and a renaissance painting baby angel and I found him so appealing. I'm not gonna post any photos here because he's just a blank head for now, but I am considering getting him either a Kumako-esque or more thin but shota-esque body, since I want him to look fairly young and cute, like an somewhat older version of one of the baby angels. The photo is on tumblr btw, but you can let me know if you wanna see it here. Again, blank head, so I didn't wanna potentially freak people out.

HimboPrinceLuka

I've been partial to puyoodoll kumako myself, something about the anime head on the chunky body is very cute to mespacer.png

Edited by HimboPrinceLuka

RyuichiSakuma13

Here are three of my resin boys cosplaying as pre-timeskip "Monster Three" from One Piece.

Left to right:  Tatsuha as Roronoro Zoro (I didn't have a green wig for him, so he's wearing his original hair), Ryuichi as Monkey D. Luffy and Tohma as Sanji.

49896049073_b3f6b79a34_b.jpg

One Piece cosplay by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

Actually, these three boys are character dolls I made from another anime called Gravitation. @onion20@  And that's one of my cats, Haruhi, named after two anime girls. 😁  Can you tell I love anime?

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
Fixed a link
  • Like 2

MoiBakaDesu

I don't have any "pure" resin dolls, but I do have a couple that I hybrid with vinyl heads.

These are my Vings 68cm Haruka and Guu Doll 62cm Fuuta (which I want to give a better body at some point, the Guu Doll one is single jointed, janky and can't hold a lot of poses) with ZAZ heads.

20230812_124740.jpg.4ab603b37b3c5adbfed1e752ea49a5da.jpg

And DDH Fuuta on a DF-H chubby anime style body.

Polish_20230225_111424503.jpg.1211d6e8462c783cb5c8ffbe2fa80c49.jpg

I actually plan to get another one of the DF-H ones soon, because DDH Haruka will probably have his faceup finished this month. My decision fell on these bodies because ... well, they are cute, and they offered color option that are in line with DD semi white and flesh.

This is where I need a bit of help though. DF-H doesn't have the body on their taobao anymore, but I spotted a reseller for them.

So the "latte pu" is the DD flesh one that I have, but I can't really remember anymore which one was most in line with DD semi white. I am pretty sure it should be "fenpu", but can somebody with some Chinese knowledge or a better eye for that confirm and help me out with that?

Taobao listing

• Like 5

RozenGermain
6 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

This is where I need a bit of help though. DF-H doesn't have the body on their taobao anymore, but I spotted a reseller for them.

So the "latte pu" is the DD flesh one that I have, but I can't really remember anymore which one was most in line with DD semi white. I am pretty sure it should be "fenpu", but can somebody with some Chinese knowledge or a better eye for that confirm and help me out with that?

Taobao listing

I'm sorry to say, but the price of the bodies screams to me that they are recasts (i.e. bootlegs). I reccomend trying to find one on a second hand market instead since I've heard they've been discontinued.

0bsequi0us
7 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

Taobao listing

I think you might be right? When I put the listing into Superbuy (who I assume uses a slightly different translation service?) and it translates the "fenpu" option to "pink". Here's the purchasing page through Superbuy so you can see what I'm talking about. Pink is usually the closest match to DD Semi-white, but it might not be perfect.

Unfortunately I second what RozenGermain said about them being discontinued... I think it was early this year or late last year? So that might be an old listing that the dealer forgot to remove and may not actually work. Might still be worth a try though, if worst comes to worst they'll just give your money back.

1 hour ago, RozenGermain said:

I'm sorry to say, but the price of the bodies screams to me that they are recasts (i.e. bootlegs). I reccomend trying to find one on a second hand market instead since I've heard they've been discontinued.

Those prices are actually quite normal! ~$200 USD is standard for 1/4 DF-H bodies, this is around the price I paid for mine! What you're seeing is probably the deposit price, which is an option for people who want to pay in installments.

MoiBakaDesu
2 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I think you might be right? When I put the listing into Superbuy (who I assume uses a slightly different translation service?) and it translates the "fenpu" option to "pink". Here's the purchasing page through Superbuy so you can see what I'm talking about. Pink is usually the closest match to DD Semi-white, but it might not be perfect.

Unfortunately I second what RozenGermain said about them being discontinued... I think it was early this year or late last year? So that might be an old listing that the dealer forgot to remove and may not actually work. Might still be worth a try though, if worst comes to worst they'll just give your money back.

Those prices are actually quite normal! ~$200 USD is standard for 1/4 DF-H bodies, this is around the price I paid for mine! What you're seeing is probably the deposit price, which is an option for people who want to pay in installments.

I'm pretty sure the original DF-H listing had it noted to be a match with DD semi white, but I'm also willing to tolerate a small difference anyway.

So I gonna try my luck there and hope they actually still have some stock there, because otherwise I kinda have some trouble ... I wonder why they got discontinued so quickly, they are very cute and good quality bodies.

Also, I paid the same price of 1499 yuan for the one I got from DF-H directly, so it's definitely not a recast either.

RozenGermain

Recasts being sold on Taobao is not unheard of (I found one for a Soom doll once and the price made me sus), so it's probably something to be aware of in the end though. I recommend looking through the shop itself to see if it looks legit. Though looking at it it seems that this might be just in-stock and that this is a dealer so.........

Edited by RozenGermain
added this because I needed to mention it

MoiBakaDesu
8 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

Recasts being sold on Taobao is not unheard of (I found one for a Soom doll once and the price made me sus), so it's probably something to be aware of in the end though. I recommend looking through the shop itself to see if it looks legit. Though looking at it it seems that this might be just in-stock and that this is a dealer so.........

No worries, that dealer/shop is legit, I bought from them before as well.

And as I mentioned, the price is also the same what I paid for my boy last year.

Niw my thumbs are just pressed that it goes through ... I really, really need it to not mess up the height between my boys, haha. 

RozenGermain
7 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

No worries, that dealer/shop is legit, I bought from them before as well.

That's good to know! That means that the body might just be in-stock rather than a pre-order. Again, the bodies were discontinued by DF-H so that is probably why they still have them on sale.

MoiBakaDesu
23 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

That's good to know! That means that the body might just be in-stock rather than a pre-order. Again, the bodies were discontinued by DF-H so that is probably why they still have them on sale.

The order went through as "purchased" on pandabuy, so now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they don't backpedal like "whoops, there is no stock after all". 🙏

Edit: And look there, that is exactly what happened. 😭 I guess I have to either settle with a mismatched height diff for my MDD head boys or hope somebody makes a chubby boy body that is at least 44cm in height.

Edited by MoiBakaDesu

RozenGermain

The Maydoll bodies are still there I think? I preordered one for a floating head so............ uh........ here? I know they aren't the same but if you don't wanna get the DFH body second hand it's an okay alternative....

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=731641375914

cluffy

i don't think anyone has posted about them in this thread yet but neo-fukuoka's mascot (& original character..) resin bjds are super cool!! they were made in 2004 in very limited quantities and are therefore extremely rare, however cyclopsbully on mfc has collected tons of photos of them

the dolls from left to right in the first image are tomo (an oc), reset-chan, and wonda-chan (both mascots for wonfest)

1406386809_neo-fukuokadolls.jpg.550f1daef12cb6a238132b2d4a99e06a.jpg

2646117.jpeg.e0a73a1f829ee0c5e78a6ef6b6935314.jpeg

328657454_neo-fukuokareset.jpg.46438317e5778715c4b5468cbe77abe5.jpg

and here's a reset-chan posed next to dd nemu ^_^

linking to the article cyclopsbully wrote up on them because it's super interesting: https://myfigurecollection.net/blog/48491

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

MoiBakaDesu
17 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

The Maydoll bodies are still there I think? I preordered one for a floating head so............ uh........ here? I know they aren't the same but if you don't wanna get the DFH body second hand it's an okay alternative....

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=731641375914

I still have to get my confirmation that the order went through, but it looks like I managed to secure a boy over xianyu, never played with, stored in the dark and with the optional hands I wanted even. And for a lot less money, so them being out of stock was kinda lucky for me haha.

I was dancing around the maydoll lemoncats as a alternative if worst comes to worse, because they are incredibly cute, but the 4cm difference would really go against the character dolls that I'm using that for.

MoiBakaDesu

Sorry for double posting, but does anybody have the taobao listing of these boys, in particular the heads from the original dollmaker?

O1CN01SBW3ZR1GkmfncT91p_!!2844410661.jpg.f45d7e5b765f681d6024d806802c6c34.jpg

I stumbled upon this listing from DOLK by chance and fell for two of the sculpts, but I would like to double-check if it would be cheaper to order directly from the maker themselves.

0bsequi0us
37 minutes ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

Sorry for double posting, but does anybody have the taobao listing of these boys, in particular the heads from the original dollmaker?

O1CN01SBW3ZR1GkmfncT91p_!!2844410661.jpg.f45d7e5b765f681d6024d806802c6c34.jpg

I stumbled upon this listing from DOLK by chance and fell for two of the sculpts, but I would like to double-check if it would be cheaper to order directly from the maker themselves.

Oh yeah, these guys are so cute. 🥺 Very tempted ngl

here's the listings on Shoushoudoll's Taobao!

Single Heads (488-468rmb depending on the head sculpt-- I believe the ones with mouth parts are slightly more expensive)

Body (1320 rmb)

Whole Doll (1548-1568rmb depending on the head sculpt?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MoiBakaDesu
19 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Oh yeah, these guys are so cute. 🥺 Very tempted ngl

here's the listings on Shoushoudoll's Taobao!

Single Heads (488-468rmb depending on the head sculpt-- I believe the ones with mouth parts are slightly more expensive)

Body (1320 rmb)

Whole Doll (1548-1568rmb depending on the head sculpt?)

Ah, Shoushoudoll! I knew the overall style felt familiar, thank you!

But alright, the price is the same as at DOLK, that's good.

The bodies are also very pretty, but I think I will see if I can hybrid them with the Imomodoll 1/4 boy body when that comes out, I think they might look very cute on that as well.

RozenGermain

Yeah I can confirm it's a Shoushoudoll sculpt! I've seen it before and it's Cat Cocoa, specifically. This company has really cute sculpts! I actually have one (Niko) already and I can vouch they're pretty nice!

• Like 1