Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Anifee - Fairyland’s Vinyl Line

Monty

I’m kinda interested in this. Fairyland announced an upcoming 1/4 vinyl line at Idoll Tokyo recently. They showed the body with a blank head and what seems to be a full set - Hachiroku from ‘Maitetsu’. The release will be some time this year. Some pics from twitter:

As you can see it’s an anime style, although I’d also like to see them do some of their existing sculpts in vinyl too. Fairyland/CP have done licensed, incredibly limited anime dolls in the past (some LoveLive characters and Mami Tomoe), but in resin. I’m excited for the potential of this line and whether it will lead to other licenses. I also hope they’ll branch out to 1/3 and maybe even 1/6 scale too.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Thank you for making this post!

Wow I am SUPER pumped to see what comes from this line! The Mami Tomoe doll was very well done so I'm excited to see what they'll do with vinyl. FL is such an innovative company; their joint designs are by far the most natural I've ever seen and their execution is top notch on every doll so I am very, very excited to see what they'll do here. 

The body looks really nice and I have a huge soft spot for FL's hand sculpts so I'm glad they kept that aesthetic for the vinyl dolls. 

Definitely keeping an eye on this, I hope they make basic dolls! 

• Like 1

Monty

Is the body basically like a vinyl minifee?

I've always been kind of vaguely interested in minifees but never enough to want to buy one, (I have been tempted though) but in vinyl, I might consider it. They do have some nice sculpts. Regardless, with how much minifee-sized clothing dominates the clothes markets on etsy etc here, I imagine it wont be difficult to clothe these guys.

It's probably too early to contemplate but I would absolutely love them to do fantasy parts like hooves or even their centaur bodies in vinyl. Fantasy vinyl parts has always been a dream of mine and Fairyland probably has the highest chance of making it a reality.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

cfx

That body is really interesting. It has the high up torso joint like DDdy but still very bendable at that joint without that weird disjointed look that was discussed somewhere else here.

You mentioned Love Live dolls...is that the limiteds from sculptor French Doll of Cerberus Project?

Maki: http://cerberusproject.com/wp/?page_id=2192

Eli: http://cerberusproject.com/wp/?page_id=2188

Nozomi: http://cerberusproject.com/wp/?page_id=2091

Kotori: http://cerberusproject.com/wp/?page_id=2075

Because those are pretty awesome. Also a Kaede Takagaki: http://cerberusproject.com/wp/?page_id=2605

• Like 2

UnderOrange

I'm really interested too, I have a minifee and the aesthetic is just so beautiful. The head sculpts are gunna make or break it for me, though, so I'm super curious to see if they make more.

• Like 1

hellFlower

normally i'm not a fan of fairyland... but i do like this. i love that they're more mature as opposed to other vinyl dolls in this size range. the fact that they're basically vinyl minifees is also very convenient given how over-saturated the clothes market is for them.

if they make basic dolls, i wonder how much they'd be? i might have some ideas brewing here...

• Like 2

sinclair

Wow, that fullset one is cute.  It'd be interesting to see how this line turns out.

• Like 1

Daisy-chan

Just the other day I was thinking about how much I'd like to have a mature MSD sized vinyl doll body like a minifee. I'm very excited to see everything Fairyland is planning to do with this!

• Like 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome
9 hours ago, Monty said:

Is the body basically like a vinyl minifee?

The aesthetics of the body are very similar- the torso, hands, feet and bustline are very similar to the MNF body but it's missing all of the special jointing mechanisms, likely because they have an inner skeleton as opposed to being strung together, and I don't think such advanced parts would be doable in vinyl. 

But it's definitely inspired by the MNF bodies!

• Like 1

Heshiko

They seem to have a very nice range of motion available, and that's a really nice look. I hope they do roll out the basic bodies, depending on cost I may have to grab one!

• Like 1

AeroHail

Aaa this is so exciting! I've always adored fairyland's bodies after getting to play with them at doll meets!

There's something very soft about the way their bodies look!

Edit: Found a closer pic of the body

Edited by AeroHail
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Misuka

Wonder what FL will be asking for these? FL has always had nice hands and it looks like that sculpting has carried over to this line as well. I wonder if they fit Azones' 45/50cm clothing well.

Laylian

This is delightful and dangerous XD I already have a lot of their Minifee, so I'm sure one of these will make its way home on down the line. I'm kinda waiting to see what other molds they put out, tbh. Knowing them though, unless its limited, they'll have a pretty nice variety.

20blackbags

I’m so hyped about this. I alway wanted a fairyland bjd. I’m curious if they would be making fantasy parts for this new vinyl line of dolls. Also curious about what skin colors would be available at launch.

Monty
On 4/8/2019 at 7:36 AM, Misuka said:

Wonder what FL will be asking for these? FL has always had nice hands and it looks like that sculpting has carried over to this line as well. I wonder if they fit Azones' 45/50cm clothing well.

I kinda doubt that, Az50 stuff is already kinda big on an MDD and minifee proportions are much slimmer than that (to the extent that I frequently get tricked by clothing that says its ‘for MSD’ even though it’s for Minifees, and are thus way too small for an actual volks MSD or similar sized doll...)

does anyone have a minifee and some Az50 stuff...? Depending on the outfit, some stuff could be baggy in a cute way?

Misuka
On 4/10/2019 at 5:25 PM, Monty said:

I kinda doubt that, Az50 stuff is already kinda big on an MDD and minifee proportions are much slimmer than that (to the extent that I frequently get tricked by clothing that says its ‘for MSD’ even though it’s for Minifees, and are thus way too small for an actual volks MSD or similar sized doll...)

does anyone have a minifee and some Az50 stuff...? Depending on the outfit, some stuff could be baggy in a cute way?

Ah darn, I figured the Az50 and MDD would be the 'baggy in a cute way' already. Minifees are much slimmer than MSD, I think they are closer to Unoa dimensions.

Monty

Another pic from Fairyland/CP's Japanese twitter:

and from the Maitetsu twitter:

They are also going to be exhibiting her at two upcoming events on the 29th and 20th - character1 and TreasureFest. They might reveal more info then.

Edited by Monty

mizya
On 4/11/2019 at 3:25 AM, Monty said:

I don't own a MNF but at least AZO2 clothes are already big on my Azone Alice (she's got the Obitsu 48cm body) so I've used AZO2 clothes on my Volks DDS girls (SS & M bust). Examples: AZO2 sailor outfitAZO2 knit dress, AZO2 cardigan. The sleeves can be a little short when bending the dolls' arms but otherwise they're a nice fit on DDS.

The sailor outfit and knit dress I haven't even tried on my Minisup girl (she's a bit taller and thicker than a MNF) but the cardigan I've put on her. The sleeves are really long but it does have that "baggy but cute" look. However, for the most part I'd say that at least AZO2 stuff is going to be really big on a MNF, so you might have better luck with the Azone clothes that are marked to fit the Obitsu48/50 bodies instead.

I managed to squeeze my Obitsu48 girl into a Unoa size dress. Although, that dress was made for large bust Unoas and my Obitsu girl has the smallest bust (and the Obitsu body's soft torso gives in a bit). I think that even large bust MNFs are going to be slimmer at the shoulders, chest and waist than Obitsu48cm girl, as Unoas are thicker than MNFs, much like my Minisup and Narae43 girls. I used to have one of the original Luts MNF bodies some years back and the current Fairyland MNFs are much smaller in size because FL keeps shrinking the bodies with every update.

Edited by mizya
added info

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

freakie-oppa

The body shape is definitely different. The torso, hips and (maybe)the legs are much more exaggerated to what is signature of Cerberus Project, or any of the main sculptors under their company. I don't know if they made her waist slimmer than the Minifee to accommodate their staple hip size, or if the waist is the same, and the hips are wider.

However I am very sure the height, feet and hand parts are probably sculpted from the existing Minifee molds. Look at those dainty fingers 😍

They're going for the anime stylized aesthetic but this is great! A mature, petite mini vinyl, that is probably capable of squeezing into some of the Minifee orientated clothing, I am so WEAK to Fairyland, they know how to gun down my wallet 😥

Edited by freakie-oppa

Janeway39

Oh l would love this vinly doll. Hope DDE will carry this.

Moonsour

I'm anxiously awaiting further news and models from this SO MUCH. I adore CP's bodies so much, and I've fallen out of love with my minifee so this may just scratch that itch...

Sunnie

I really really hope this becomes readily available and doesn't break the bank too much, because I would love to get one and customize her to be Madoka to go with my resin Mami Tomoe from Fairyland haha.  Here's hoping there's different bust sizes as well to make my dream come true! 😛

Monty

Still no date on that Maitetsu girl but Nekopara girls were just teased and those look like vinyl joints to me. I’m much more interested in these two than the Maitetsu girl. 

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/872193

They’ll be shown properly tomorrow, at Wonfest. Still no word on whether this line will be exclusive to fairyland’s japan site or available worldwide.

AyaToyBox

saw Nekopara and Girls frontline from wonfes pictures so they actually 1/4 for real ?