Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Anifee - Fairyland’s Vinyl Line

Monty

Looks like Hachiroku (the Maitetsu girl) will be sold via amiami, comes out March next year, preorders open August 1st, retails for 63000 (its possible amiami will have a discount on that). It's good to know they'll be sold through amiami and thus available world-wide. 

The price is a little steep to me tbh - its kinda more like a DD price than a 1/4 vinyl price. I thought it was because they would be made in smaller runs, but if theres a preorder period they're made to order. 

I'm not totally sold on the face sculpts yet, but I do think this line has a lot of potential so I hope it does well and continues to grow.

EDIT- Since this post made a new page, if you didnt see the new pics of other dolls in this line shown at Wonfest make sure you go back a page.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

hellFlower

oh no... that 416... i'm sold. fairyland finally figured out how to get in my wallet.

that price though... they're not as expensive as i thought they would be, but still way more than what i would normally budget for. hopefully 416 doesn't come out for a while so i have time to save. and hopefully she stays around that 63k yen price lol

Monty

Just noticed now that they're calling this line Anifee! (I missed it in the tweet AyaToyBox posted somehow...)
I kinda hope that doesnt mean their vinyls will only be anime style because honestly vinyl versions of their existing resin sculpts would be really cool too.

EDIT: Also noticed this:

image.png.0812e7dcb6964152933e1d99c2c7673e.png

Seems to be some kind of stand that attaches, possibly like a smartdoll? Not sure yet if there actually is a hole in the back or if its magnetic. It's...a weird place to have a stand hole considering most clothes would get in the way - the smartdoll location makes more sense to me, but it's not like its mandatory to use a stand I suppose... I kinda hope it is magnetic.

Edited by Monty

Janeway

Cool. We need more information on this. 

hellFlower
5 hours ago, Monty said:

EDIT: Also noticed this:

image.png.0812e7dcb6964152933e1d99c2c7673e.png

Seems to be some kind of stand that attaches, possibly like a smartdoll? Not sure yet if there actually is a hole in the back or if its magnetic. It's...a weird place to have a stand hole considering most clothes would get in the way - the smartdoll location makes more sense to me, but it's not like its mandatory to use a stand I suppose... I kinda hope it is magnetic.

i think the stand is magnetic based off the images in this twitter post:

i might be wrong but i think you can see a magnet in the girl on the right's stand? it's an interesting choice.

i'm wondering if this stand allows for more posabillity or more dynamic poses than more traditional stands/foot magnets can offer? 

Shailara

I just hope their heads are not too small, compared to DDs... that's my only peef, if they're small they'll look weird next to the MDDs 😧

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Pihlajakoto

I'd love to get the blond nekopara girl :3 I don't know nekopara as series, but the blond girls sculpt reminds so much some other characters I've loved that I would get her.

If the vendor for anifee dolls is amiami then that is good. Similar on how to get kikipop dolls (and hopefully accessories for the dolls too)

My blog Pihlajakoto

Monty
4 hours ago, Shailara said:

I just hope their heads are not too small, compared to DDs... that's my only peef, if they're small they'll look weird next to the MDDs 😧

I think they almost certainly will look out of scale compared to any DD. Their proportions to me look somewhere between a DDP and DDS,  but with the height of a MDD. Even Azones 50cm girls look out of scale with DDs to me and they are taller than this. I’m personally not interested in them as a companion to a DD though, I’m interested in them as an entirely new line of dolls, because despite everything 1/4 is still my favourite size. I’d actually be a little less interested if they were DD sized, unless they also put out male bodies.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

TiltyBird

I'm quite interested in these. I wouldn't mind one - I've always admired minifees but prefer vinyl, and I dig the body aesthetic.

Shailara
6 hours ago, Monty said:

I think they almost certainly will look out of scale compared to any DD. Their proportions to me look somewhere between a DDP and DDS,  but with the height of a MDD. Even Azones 50cm girls look out of scale with DDs to me and they are taller than this. I’m personally not interested in them as a companion to a DD though, I’m interested in them as an entirely new line of dolls, because despite everything 1/4 is still my favourite size. I’d actually be a little less interested if they were DD sized, unless they also put out male bodies.

I don't mind the height or the more mature body. I don't have an Azone head, but I find Obitsu looks alright with DD personally. Just the head really - if that's smaller and looks weird (like Angel Philia), then I'd rather not get them. I am not interested to separate my vinyl collection, especially since they would be on their own since no other company will be matching enough. Anyway, my favourite size is also 1/4, I actually sold all of my resin SDs, but I just don't want to make a separate collection just for Fairyland Anifees.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Cauldroness

The new AniFee seemed to be based off the MiniFee (MNF) body, so you can already get a sense of what size they'll be. 

Here's a video comparing an MDD and an MNF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo8HO3D-pOA

To me, those two dolls don't look "right" next to each other, but you're all right with the MDD & MNF, then you'll probably be okay with AniFees next to MDDs. 

I also found this photo: https://kickyresin.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/shelf.jpg (source: https://kickyresin.wordpress.com/2014/05/08/new-dolly-display/)

On the left side, you can see the full-sized DD (looks like an Yukino/DDH-03). See the tiny brown-skinned doll on the right-hand side? That's the MNF.

Here's another one: https://deskgram.net/p/2078785994834258227_408962778

That tiny pale boy next to Miku is a MNF.

Head size will likely be 7-8, which is one size smaller than MDD (8-9) and one size bigger than AP (6-7). It's the same size as Azone 50cm (7-8). 

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Shailara

I have minifees and I have DDs :) I know the size difference. I just think the heads of the Anifees look bigger than the usual MNF, but it could be because of stylistic difference (but they also look bigger than the Mami head...). That's why I want to confirm their head size and wouldn't mind some photos next to an MDD or Obitsu 40, for good measure - because while the head might be the same size, the eyes and all that are bigger than the MNF, so they could still look decent next to Obitsu/ DD heads, especially with a poof-ier wig? If they are 7-8 (and not 6-7 like the MNF), then I think it will look alright next to DDs... maybe.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Cauldroness

I suspect even at 7-8 it's still going to look a bit weird... Borrowing a friend's photo: Here's an Azone Iris Collect (50cm, so taller than the AniFee, with a 7-8 head that's anime-styled like the AniFee) next to a DD.

image.png.cf737e9bc9ce093d3d68623d15bef0f8.png

hellomystar

Haven't seen this posted yet. They're making a Rem. : )

Cauldroness

Unfortunately, Rem is probably a RESIN doll, not a vinyl one. For the last several years, CP has released resin anime girls at WonFes. They're usually highly limited and hard to get ahold of; I've only ever seen a few go up for sale on the second-hand market (and I have no idea how you get one first hand, other than attending WonFes).

Notice that Rem is not labeled "AniFee," the line for the vinyl girls. She also doesn't have the Fairyland branding, which they are using for the vinyl girls. She also was not exhibited at the CP/Fairyland booth, with the rest of the vinyl girls.

Rem was actually exhibited by French Doll, in a totally different booth. French Doll is the producer of CP's previous resin girls, further hinting that Rem is resin.

In fact, I found someone at Twitter who bought Rem. Here you can see the strung joints in her arms. She's definitely resin!

https://twitter.com/ROKI06601/status/1155855408512163841

hellomystar

Darn, I'd heard from my friends thought that she was vinyl and I got so excited! ; ( 

Cauldroness

She's up! They put her up as a figure rather than a doll, oddly.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-051383

Looks like she has a 6-7 head like MNF and AP. 14mm eyes. Very much like a true MNF.

Monty

I’m surprised that, unless it’s a mistranslation, the Anifee have resin heads? That’s a little disappointing for me personally as I was expecting/hoping for another completely vinyl line. I know making vinyl molds is extremely expensive compared to resin so I assume this is so that they can have more variety - only the body needs to be vinyl which means you can make all kinds of different heads. 

It could also mean their existing Minifee heads will work on the body. 

Personally I’m curious if an Azone or obitsu head would work on the body.

Unfortunately due to amiami being the exclusive distributor, there is no discount. 

Shailara

I don't mind the resin head cause it makes it easier to do a face-up on it, due to how hard it is to find and get MSC (whereas Purity Seal is easy to find but not suitable for vinyl dolls). The head size though is disappointing. I understand why, but still... 😕 

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Monty

My concern about resin heads would be the weight. Would they be at least a little top heavy, or is that the reason for the stand?

Shailara

I don't think you need to worry about that when it comes to Fairyland resin - it's cheap and light. Might sound mean but it really does feel cheap compared to like... Volks resin. And just the heads are pretty light-weight, especially at this size.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Cauldroness

I'd strongly disagree with Fairyland resin being "cheap." I've got an RealFee and 3 F60s/FairyLine60s (the most is from last year, 2018), and it's not "cheap" resin. It's smoother and less toothy than Volks resin, that's all -- if that feels "cheap" to you, then whatever, but I'll never agree (by that logic, Volks is "cheap" too, because it's way lighter and smoother than Custom House resin). My oldest FL girl has held up really well, with no chipping, breakage, discoloration... None of my girls have bubbles, rough spots, heavy chemical scents, or any of the other characteristics I'd consider typical of "cheap" resin. Most FL dolls weigh less than Volks dolls simply because they have waaaay smaller proportions, and thus just less resin in general. (

However, at that size, yeah the resin head is not going to make them much more top heavy than a fully vinyl doll. I wouldn't expect it to affect posing, except for extreme positions. 6-7 is really tiny... even though I have Azone (7-8 head), when I got an AP head (6-7) I was still shocked at how small it was.

• Like 1

Shailara

I guess "cheap" is up to personal standards. You know those cheap plastic plates? That's sort of how FL resin feels to me to the touch, whereas Volks resin or Switch or Crobidoll or Luts didn't feel that way to me, but maybe I'm too picky. Also, it's a known fact that they -all-  have "snowflakes" and pokemarks, for which Fairyland put out a notice to say it's all "normal and does not make them faulty, so you're not eligible for return and refund even if they're super obvious to the eye". Mine had and have them, I don't really mind them, but yeah. Also, Fairyland resin yellows the fastest out of any other resin I know of (perhaps except Soom, I've heard Soom also yellows really fast). Maybe that's not to do with the quality of the resin, but I consider it of a lesser quality product in general (compared to its peers) because of it. Also, I am comparing the weight of similar sized products, not an SD Volks with a Minifee. A normal MSD Volks compared to a Minifee will be heavier and not just because it's "fatter". Most companies make sure to make them a little thicker so that they're not as vulnerable when they fall, etc. Fairyland makes them thinner to save on resin - hence lighter. With Fairyline dolls you could literally see the magnets that are glued on the inner piece under the chest through the outer chest piece.

I think this is going a little off topic though, so I'd rather not discuss the FL quality more. But having mentioned it now, I just realised that the resin head also means it'll yellow -much- faster than the vinyl body... and way more. I know not everyone has a problem with that, but it's odd that perhaps they didn't think about it 😕

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Cauldroness

Again, my personal experience is in total conflict with yours. None of my FL resins feel that way at all (they hardly feel any different from the Volks I've handled, tbh). None of my FLs resin have yellowed or discolored (I've got white, tan, and natural, so all 3 of their standard colors, plus I've got their fantasy purple and clear) and actually their colors are shockingly consistent, my two tan girls match despite being made in different years (and have matching option hands from a 3rd year), and all my NS parts match despite being from 3 different years (heads/bodies/hands from different orders). None of my have any quality issues whatsoever, no "snowflakes" or "pokemarks," just the occasional seamline that all resin tends to have. None of mine have weirdly thin resin, not even my teensy RealFee.

That said, my dolls are from 2015 & onwards, so I really can't speak about what older Fairyland resin was like before 2015. I have heard they had quality issues sometime in the late 2000s/early 2010s, but I don't have personal experience with that.

At the end of the day, though: Yup, yellowing is definitely going to be a long-term issue for anyone who gets an AniFee. All resin will yellow, eventually. And it also means you probably should not be putting your AniFee out on display like you do with your vinyls -- she should probably be in her box/away from light unless you're actively dressing or photographing her. 

I was never going to get an AniFee (not a fan of their headmold aesthetic), but I am disappointed by the resin head and wish they'd done a fully vinyl doll. Perhaps they will in a future release?

deinosor

I am a little sad that the head is resin. One of the things I love about my vinyl dolls is that I don't have to freak out about daylight so much. I have a few Fairyland resin dolls - a couple are pretty old and pretty yellow, but at least they've yellowed nice and evenly, which bothers me much less than a mismatch with the body would. (Though the yellowed dolls really are pretty old. My Littlefee from the last few years has held her colour much better, for what that's worth.)

Pronouns: she/her