Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

LuluChan

So then, the Youtuber's audience will expect Danny to style wigs on request, but he'll instead bash them publicly for being entitled and rude, and ban them from the store. Sounds like a perfect plan to me!

I really, really hate that he's so vocal about all the rules and then turns around and ignores them for some people. I have a friend who's a regular who's shared stories and screenshots with me that show this, but I can't exactly out them on this forum because they would get banned... 

• Like 3

DollyDearest
1 hour ago, Deyja said:

I think it depends on who is asking. He's refunded and mocked people publicly who've made special requests like that. If one of his loyal fans were to ask, I imagine he'd grant the request quietly. I'm sure he wouldn't be happy hearing that something he normally doesn't do is mentioned in a youtube video if that makes sense.

hmmm i guess   idk

CrazyDollPerson

The bag signing is something you can request with no worries. If he has time he will grant the request, just don't expect to get a signed bag if you ask for it, but he usually did sign all the ones that asked. When I was in the SmD groups I don't recall anyone ever saying they asked and didn't receive a signed bag. You just add to the notes section that you would love if he could sign your bag if he has time.

I know things may have changed since I was a fan of these dolls, but that is one thing I never heard anyone upset about at least. As far as styling the wig goes, I really do think it depends on the person asking and his mood that day. I have seen people ask for different eyes and one asked if they could change the eyes to the other pair they bought...maybe the posting about it caused others to ask and that is where he got pissy about it? I mean I guess if it was one person, fine, but if suddenly several others were now asking it I could see where he would have to put a stop to it if it became an issue of well you did it for them why not me. If a customer had that attitude I could understand, but I think we simply don't know the rhyme or reason on some things 😕

DollyDearest
13 minutes ago, CrazyDollPerson said:

The bag signing is something you can request with no worries. If he has time he will grant the request, just don't expect to get a signed bag if you ask for it, but he usually did sign all the ones that asked. When I was in the SmD groups I don't recall anyone ever saying they asked and didn't receive a signed bag. You just add to the notes section that you would love if he could sign your bag if he has time.

I know things may have changed since I was a fan of these dolls, but that is one thing I never heard anyone upset about at least. As far as styling the wig goes, I really do think it depends on the person asking and his mood that day. I have seen people ask for different eyes and one asked if they could change the eyes to the other pair they bought...maybe the posting about it caused others to ask and that is where he got pissy about it? I mean I guess if it was one person, fine, but if suddenly several others were now asking it I could see where he would have to put a stop to it if it became an issue of well you did it for them why not me. If a customer had that attitude I could understand, but I think we simply don't know the rhyme or reason on some things 😕

it's not that he got pissy,  it just surprised me, that he would honor a wig being prestyled request.    i figured he think it would over work his staff.  i seriously idk   it was just a curious thing i wondered about.   since i had seen it in a unboxing on a Youtube channel, that deals with dolls SMD an rainbow high etc

CrazyDollPerson
3 hours ago, wishbearstar said:

it's not that he got pissy,  it just surprised me, that he would honor a wig being prestyled request.    i figured he think it would over work his staff.  i seriously idk   it was just a curious thing i wondered about.   since i had seen it in a unboxing on a Youtube channel, that deals with dolls SMD an rainbow high etc

Sorry, I meant in general getting pissy about requests. I didn't really word everything how I wanted to so I kind of lumped all the examples together 😕

He used to honor a lot of requests but over time he started getting pissy about it and that is where all these disclaimers and things came from. When I first got into those dolls it wasn't like this, but being in the original SmD group you could see it kind of turning into this monster that we see now with the novels on why this and why that and don't buy this etc. I hope this makes sense. 

• Like 1

DollyDearest
1 hour ago, CrazyDollPerson said:

Sorry, I meant in general getting pissy about requests. I didn't really word everything how I wanted to so I kind of lumped all the examples together 😕

He used to honor a lot of requests but over time he started getting pissy about it and that is where all these disclaimers and things came from. When I first got into those dolls it wasn't like this, but being in the original SmD group you could see it kind of turning into this monster that we see now with the novels on why this and why that and don't buy this etc. I hope this makes sense. 

np      i agree.     seems the list of do's an don't gets longer an longer.    someone mentioned influrencers.  ik dude, maybe made one vid this month, was one of the lucky to see the "chamber" of "Secerts"

• Like 1

Katsudon

Apparently posts on Facebook about cancelled orders have reached critical mass, so one group's admin asks that people don't post them in the group anymore.

Which, fair enough. But it's shitty that so many people get banned now that it's overtaking Facebook. To be clear, I blame Danny for this, not admins who have to deal with the fallout from his overzealous banning policy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

IgelFullmetal

I found this TikTok on twitter that I think has some good advice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, IgelFullmetal said:

I found this TikTok on twitter that I think has some good advice.

That's an interesting point. In the case of CJ I don't think people are necessarily being shamed into liking the brand, but the brand and policies seem to be associated with a sort of victim complex. That's really no different than what the video is talking about. In the end it's probably not a workable model for building long term customer loyalty, because the relationship has a toxic foundation and people will only put up with that for so long.

I can get a philosophy that says you want to treat your employees well, but if someone really is operating a shop they still need satisfied customers to pay the bills. If his shadow bans are overwhelming Facebook SmartDoll groups, then it almost seems like he's reached a point where the customer is so disposable that they are no longer a necessary part of the equation.

I'd say that in all seriousness he really needs to step back from social media and let someone else handle all the customer interactions, but this assumes he's trying to be a shop owner over being a social media influencer.

• Like 4

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Yumeiro
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I can get a philosophy that says you want to treat your employees well, but if someone really is operating a shop they still need satisfied customers to pay the bills.

I'd think he wouldn't need to harp on how he puts employees over customers. Just do it, you know? If ONE disclaimer about how a doll does not come with a headcap is enough, then I think one disclaimer about how his employees come first is enough.
It always give me the "if you feel the need to convince someone that you are nice, you are most likely not nice" vibes...
I'm not saying they are mistreated though. He probably only wants pats on the back/to brag.

But consider how expensive his items have become... The number of banned customers sure would explain why the prices are high - his most loyal customers will buy anything, so any price goes! So if it keeps things afloat... Nah, I can't make sense of it.

• Like 7

Nines
On 9/13/2021 at 7:13 AM, Yumeiro said:

It always give me the "if you feel the need to convince someone that you are nice, you are most likely not nice" vibes...
I'm not saying they are mistreated though. He probably only wants pats on the back/to brag.

I couldn't agree more than what you mentioned here. 

You do not go around and tell others that you are nice,but let other tell you that you are a nice guy if you are a real nice guy. 

• Like 1

MaleficentMrsofEvil
On 9/10/2021 at 6:17 AM, Katsudon said:

'Danny please don't ban random people because you're trying to find us' challenge 2021

Hey, everybody! I recently ordered a Smart Doll!

And now we wait...😈😈

• Like 1

bbotss
28 minutes ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

Hey, everybody! I recently ordered a Smart Doll!

And now we wait...😈😈

Maybe those random bans were Danny missing the target(s) because of order announcements here 😮

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I personally feel like the ''Every person asking for a restock/release schedule and special request does not care about my employees and wants me to overwork them" is an absolutely buckwild logical reach, or potentially a manipulation tactic to shame his customers into asking for nothing- otherwise, you don't care about his employees and would prefer he open a sweatshop.

You dirty little slaver, how dare you..*checks notes* request a restock. 

Edited by Mizuumi-no-Otome
  • Haha 7

DollyDearest
36 minutes ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

I personally feel like the ''Every person asking for a restock/release schedule and special request does not care about my employees and wants me to overwork them" is an absolutely buckwild logical reach, or potentially a manipulation tactic to shame his customers into asking for nothing- otherwise, you don't care about his employees and would prefer he open a sweatshop.

You dirty little slaver, how dare you..*checks notes* request a restock. 

someone*asks* for wig styled.   announces on Youtube vidoe unboxing.     goes to check new release an chooses to purchase Timeless,  order is canceled.    *confusion* *intensfies*   CJ:  there now ya can't overwork my employees!  wahahahahahahah!!!

Edited by wishbearstar

Shamrock

I'm not sure if this question fits here... i ordered from the SmD and he said in the email...  Like mentioning other owners near me... i dont know anyone in my neighborhood much less someone w/ a SmD... is this uhm normal for first time shopping or EVERYTIME?  should i be worried??? 

• Confused 4

battrastard
15 minutes ago, Shamrock said:

I'm not sure if this question fits here... i ordered from the SmD and he said in the email...  Like mentioning other owners near me... i dont know anyone in my neighborhood much less someone w/ a SmD... is this uhm normal for first time shopping or EVERYTIME?  should i be worried??? 

I don't think there'd be any harm in it, just look at it like those annoying mail flyers from Best Buy, or Costco.. Taken as an ad, there's no significance... 

There's probably a databank for local owners, and it's most likely to let other SmD owners know there's another new owner in their area. (and you, too)

I have absolutely no idea how he'd react if you asked to be taken off that list, though. 

• Haha 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

LuluChan
5 hours ago, Shamrock said:

Probably trying to see if you're ordering for someone else, someone on the ban list. You might get banned for the crime of living near someone else who got banned. Lol.

18 hours ago, wishbearstar said:

someone*asks* for wig styled.   announces on Youtube vidoe unboxing.     goes to check new release an chooses to purchase Timeless,  order is canceled.    *confusion* *intensfies*   CJ:  there now ya can't overwork my employees!  wahahahahahahah!!!

I don't get it, did he ban the same person he agreed to restyle a wig for? Who's this person on Youtube if you don't mind me asking?

Testament
2 hours ago, LuluChan said:

I don't get it, did he ban the same person he agreed to restyle a wig for? Who's this person on Youtube if you don't mind me asking?

I think it's an hypothetical situation.

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Shamrock said:

i ordered from the SmD and he said in the email...  Like mentioning other owners near me...

I guess I don't understand the sentence. Can you clarify what you mean?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DollyDearest
3 hours ago, LuluChan said:

Probably trying to see if you're ordering for someone else, someone on the ban list. You might get banned for the crime of living near someone else who got banned. Lol.

no they weren't banned.  they just mentioned requesting a wig styling     i'd rather not say, it's not my place to call out a Youtuber  whose pretty new to SMD's  an may not know about the infamous banhammer.  sorry.

Shamrock
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I guess I don't understand the sentence. Can you clarify what you mean?

He said at the bottom of his email that I had a SmD owner a few blocks down from where I live (we are renting and just moved into a new area), so I don't know anyone... he asked if I knew them... i told him NO and that we just moved here from Japan. lol so why would I know anyone and I really don't know anyone here.  i kinda thought it was odd 😕because i have never shopped at his store (first time) and idk if he does this often.  i just want my new addition to have some nice things that i cannot get elsewhere. i do wish he had some replacement joints for feet and hands so i can have extra!

idk but i guess he allowed me to order because i didn't get cancelled from SmD world... YET! LOL... (still early)

Edited by Shamrock
added more info
  • Confused 6

Mizuumi-no-Otome
6 minutes ago, Shamrock said:

He said at the bottom of his email that I had a SmD owner a few blocks down from where I live (we are renting and just moved into a new area), so I don't know anyone... he asked if I knew them... i told him NO and that we just moved here from Japan. lol so why would I know anyone and I really don't know anyone here.  i kinda thought it was odd 😕because i have never shopped at his store (first time) and idk if he does this often.  i just want my new addition to have some nice things that i cannot get elsewhere. i do wish he had some replacement joints for feet and hands so i can have extra!

I'm of two minds on this because I think it sounds kind of wholesome for him to be like "Wow, looks like there are other collectors in your area! What a funny lil coincidence" but also it's kind of....intrusive to disclose somebody's location like that, even in the vaguest of ways. 

That is ofc operating under the assumption that he had no ill intentions with this email, which I personally don't think he did. 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, Shamrock said:

he asked if I knew them... i told him NO and that we just moved here from Japan. lol so why would I know anyone and I really don't know anyone here.  i kinda thought it was odd 😕because i have never shopped at his store (first time) and idk if he does this often.

You’re the first person to post about it. Thanks for the clarification. 

1 minute ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

but also it's kind of....intrusive to disclose somebody's location like that, even in the vaguest of ways.

I guess if he didn’t reveal any PII then it wouldn’t break any formal rules, but IMO this does sound like one of his purity tests. 

• Like 5

Mizuumi-no-Otome
4 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I guess if he didn’t reveal any PII then it wouldn’t break any formal rules, but IMO this does sound like one of his purity tests. 

This is probably true, sadly. It's disheartening that we can't really take his actions in good faith anymore, though I personally try not to jump to that conclusion immediately. 😕  

Edited by Mizuumi-no-Otome
  • Like 3