Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

Danny is so strange like my friend was going to get a custom Smart Doll like changing only one thing about her and then ordered the Ostomy bag as like a test, I think she’s banned now 🤣 Danny probably wanted her to buy the doll right away, but she needed to save up first.

I might as well make a wasabi Danny hammertimed club. I don’t know why he even offers to change stuff about the dolls like eyes, styled wig, bust with headlights etc. When he doesn’t want anyone to find out and tells them to keep it a secret. He’s so cringe man.

I bought an original “Chitose” doll secondhand on Instagram 😈

ladyandlion
18 minutes ago, QueenAnna said:

I bought an original “Chitose” doll secondhand on Instagram 😈

I can't remember if it's been discussed here previously, but is buying a Smart Doll on the second hand market something that will get you banned as well? I'm sure he monitors Smart Doll activity on IG as well as FB (and I think it's been said that he likes to haunt this forum as well.) 

9 minutes ago, ladyandlion said:

I can't remember if it's been discussed here previously, but is buying a Smart Doll on the second hand market something that will get you banned as well? I'm sure he monitors Smart Doll activity on IG as well as FB (and I think it's been said that he likes to haunt this forum as well.) 

Hi, I have bought a secondhand doll after getting banned but it wasn’t Chitose, I was just joking. I’m not going to reveal my doll because he’d probably ban the seller. He says if you are banned and buy something for someone who is not banned then they get banned too. I’m not sure if buying dolls secondhand will get you banned because they aren’t scalpers or scammers but who knows.

edit: grammar, worded it wrong 

Edited by Guest

BeyondTime
48 minutes ago, ladyandlion said:

Somewhere on a post on his site there is a blurb about honoring the warranty on second hand dolls if you provide the original serial number so they can ban the original buyer. However, iirc, that ban applied to scalpers and not to people who rehomed a doll they bought for themself but didn’t end up liking. 

This may have changed because they did have that thing with Shiki where if you had bought Mika you had to prove you still had her or they canceled your order. 

12 hours ago, Wasabi said:

Behold, in all of it's terrible glory:

I guess I am having a hard time seeing these maps as a violation of privacy. They aren’t detailed enough to tell you anything about where individual owners live. Laws differ from place to place of course, but it’s not like you can zoom into a street and house number or see a name. It’s really just a rough geographic location for a sale.

On the other hand I do wonder how many of those orders were canceled by banhammer but the pin is still on the map.🤣😂🤣

• Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Testament

Same here, I don't see any issue with a map that shows the cities (?) where orders came from. No address, no name, no violation.

Different matter is when he tells you that someone 100m from you has a smartdoll too... depending on the place it can be very pinpointing.

• Like 4

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Akito
On 10/11/2021 at 7:39 PM, Wasabi said:

Behold, in all of it's terrible glory:

Well this is... interesting. My country has so few tags that if I'd been more active in doll scene for the past few years it would be no problem for me to identify, or atleast have very big hunch regarding who's been ordering. Very, very disturbing. (I'd actually would like to say that I know one of these tags and almost bought the specific doll secondhand)

• Like 3

Meowjima

lol, my personal instagram account was banned, apparently.  

Moonsour
On 10/17/2021 at 4:13 PM, Meowjima said:

lol, my personal instagram account was banned, apparently.  

I know you were already banned from the store as well but it's super easy to get blocked by him on instagram. I admit that I was blunt when I last commented on his posts, but this is the last post that I made before I was blocked. I've left maybe 4 comments in my life on his content, so I'm assuming this one is what caused it.

He has blocked both my main account where I post dolls as well as my second instagram account which I only use to post art. HOWEVER, my art account was not initially blocked. I'm sure that for a few weeks I was able to view his updates and posts when I needed/wanted to by first switching to my art account, but I have no way to verify that. The explanation with the fewest assumptions would be that he or someone reporting to him saw me say on Discord that my other account was not blocked so he went back and blocked me. If he wanted to block both accounts right away he would have just clicked my profile and done so, I feel. 

I was still able to purchase my Multiverse Chitose directly, though. 😊

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 3.18.08 PM.png

• Like 6

BeyondTime
5 minutes ago, Moonsour said:

I've left maybe 4 comments in my life on his content, so I'm assuming this one is what caused it.

Hardly seems like a hostile comment. I think you just came too close to the truth, an extra $600 for a cosplay outfit on a stock doll, and his nibs threw a fit.

• Like 5

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Moonsour
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Hardly seems like a hostile comment. I think you just came too close to the truth, an extra $600 for a cosplay outfit on a stock doll, and his nibs threw a fit.

At the end of the day it doesn't make much of a difference to me. There are other ways to read updates and news, and I've gotten the only doll that I ever wanted to buy from him. I love my Chitose to bits and love to spread the word when I love something, but in this case I'll make sure to include some type of heresy in my SmD photos (Volks clothes).

I continue to be disappointed by Danny's approach to his business. Yeah, it's his business and he can do what he wants, but because it's his business I feel like he should care a little more about their reputation?

He reminds me a lot of a man I used to work for in a similarly-sized business but a totally different industry. We had some die hard fans as well (one person drove all the way from a few states over and had everyone autograph a t-shirt). Most of my online friends ended up blocked by my boss on twitter because my boss couldn't stop arguing about politics on the company's account. It was, as some in this thread have guessed about working for Danny, a little stressful. His sister also worked there and did a terrible job. He would scream and go on tirades about how awful she was and how she can't work there anymore, only to go right back to normal a minute later. He only wanted to talk to the VIP/celebrity customers and would get angry if we asked him to talk to anyone else. A customer made a mistake on her order and she was upset so we agreed to remake it for her at no cost, but then she said she should also receive a refund for the inconvenience of having to wait and asked to speak to the owner. He refunded her money, told her to get the fuck out, and threw her freshly re-made order into the street in front of her car as she pulled away. [/derail]

• Like 1

DollyDearest
2 hours ago, Moonsour said:

At the end of the day it doesn't make much of a difference to me. There are other ways to read updates and news, and I've gotten the only doll that I ever wanted to buy from him. I love my Chitose to bits and love to spread the word when I love something, but in this case I'll make sure to include some type of heresy in my SmD photos (Volks clothes).

I continue to be disappointed by Danny's approach to his business. Yeah, it's his business and he can do what he wants, but because it's his business I feel like he should care a little more about their reputation?

He reminds me a lot of a man I used to work for in a similarly-sized business but a totally different industry. We had some die hard fans as well (one person drove all the way from a few states over and had everyone autograph a t-shirt). Most of my online friends ended up blocked by my boss on twitter because my boss couldn't stop arguing about politics on the company's account. It was, as some in this thread have guessed about working for Danny, a little stressful. His sister also worked there and did a terrible job. He would scream and go on tirades about how awful she was and how she can't work there anymore, only to go right back to normal a minute later. He only wanted to talk to the VIP/celebrity customers and would get angry if we asked him to talk to anyone else. A customer made a mistake on her order and she was upset so we agreed to remake it for her at no cost, but then she said she should also receive a refund for the inconvenience of having to wait and asked to speak to the owner. He refunded her money, told her to get the fuck out, and threw her freshly re-made order into the street in front of her car as she pulled away. [/derail]

welcome to smartdollland:  enter at ya own risk! whahahahaha  JK 

ladyandlion
23 hours ago, Moonsour said:

I know you were already banned from the store as well but it's super easy to get blocked by him on instagram. I admit that I was blunt when I last commented on his posts, but this is the last post that I made before I was blocked. I've left maybe 4 comments in my life on his content, so I'm assuming this one is what caused it.

He has blocked both my main account where I post dolls as well as my second instagram account which I only use to post art. HOWEVER, my art account was not initially blocked. I'm sure that for a few weeks I was able to view his updates and posts when I needed/wanted to by first switching to my art account, but I have no way to verify that. The explanation with the fewest assumptions would be that he or someone reporting to him saw me say on Discord that my other account was not blocked so he went back and blocked me. If he wanted to block both accounts right away he would have just clicked my profile and done so, I feel. 

I was still able to purchase my Multiverse Chitose directly, though. 😊

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 3.18.08 PM.png

He doesn't want you to contaminate everyone with your opinions. If people see others who are like "naw I don't think it's worth it" they may start to think that too. Even the way someone else phrased their comment. "She will be surely on high demand" (but maybe this person isn't one who can afford it or will want it. Gotta give praise at all times even if deep down you know it's not worth it. And I agree with BeyondTime. It's a cosplay outfit on a stock doll. Wasn't there a big to do about the Smart Doll Carrier Bag price as well? 

Yumeiro
31 minutes ago, ladyandlion said:

If people see others who are like "naw I don't think it's worth it" they may start to think that too

And then it will be harder to fund resort trips for his stressed employees. And if he has to stop flaunting that.... no more good-boy-points ☹️

I'll just have to say it again - it's no wonder he's bitter, if he willingly takes the time to seek out any small amount of negativity. He'll never get only yes-sayers, no matter how many he blocks.

• Like 2

DollyDearest
22 hours ago, Yumeiro said:

And then it will be harder to fund resort trips for his stressed employees. And if he has to stop flaunting that.... no more good-boy-points ☹️

I'll just have to say it again - it's no wonder he's bitter, if he willingly takes the time to seek out any small amount of negativity. He'll never get only yes-sayers, no matter how many he blocks.

speakin of that..   i have a convo with someone on fb,  ( whom shall remain nameless)     but seem to have a " special" relationship w/ mr shoe sama,      they had phone convo with said Mr shoe, about their  2 daughter's smart, cause it had gotten damaged somehow,in 2017 it was an accident  and they got banned.    then their parent spoke up an and claims their buddies.   so the banhammer has been in place since 2017  mind you their daughters aren't lil kids either.  

Edited by DollyDearest

Eiko82

@ladyandlion Yes. When most people mentioned that 49.800 JPY (roughly 400+ USD) was too expensive for a backpack, Danny got upset and even briefly left the SmD Lovers group. 

• Haha 5

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

moerunamida
8 hours ago, Eiko82 said:

@ladyandlion Yes. When most people mentioned that 49.800 JPY (roughly 400+ USD) was too expensive for a backpack, Danny got upset and even briefly left the SmD Lovers group. 

Several people also got banned from the group for voicing their opinion, too.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

LuluChan

Dang, apparently now the "don't buy from banned people" rule is being enforced retroactively? Who has time for that???

Also how are you supposed to know? Someone might be banned and not know it for months because they don't buy anything from the store, since there is no banned users list or notification. And, many people are asking for the list of dos and don'ts and no one can find it. Yet we're all supposed to behave accordingly. The comments aren't happy, most people are either shocked because they didn't know, or critical because they did know.

This is a non Smart Doll group and it shows.

SmartSelect_20211023-095025_Facebook.jpg

• Sad 3

Fluffybuns

This forum is so cathartic to read. I made an account just so I could be and comment on this forum. It’s so hard when you agree with someone on FB, but you don’t want to say anything, because of how bad the bans are recently and just mentioning anything positive about the banned person could get you banned by association. It’s really hard to get unbanned if you don’t know anyone in his inner circle. It’s a little sad how magical SmartDoll used to be and now it’s gotten somewhat toxic. There still are some nice people left, but they are harder to find.

• Like 4

Yumeiro

What is also sad is how many apologists there are... Those who deny what is happening, or just don't believe anything/calling everyone liars, because Danny himself is not providing proof that he banned someone, for example.

I agree @Fluffybuns, Smartdoll used to be amazing, even if Danny was still a bit... you know... back then, it wasn't as bad as now! A bit dramatic to say, but it is like he had to sell his soul to make the company keep on running.

• Like 2

sumdude

Meanwhile in Smartdoll groups we have this...462098952_Funny-Copy.png.78c7e0ce074dd96157518d459175a915.png

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

Testament

I hope they don't take a min from Smart Doll employees or they'll overwork.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

DollyDearest
2 hours ago, sumdude said:

Meanwhile in Smartdoll groups we have this...462098952_Funny-Copy.png.78c7e0ce074dd96157518d459175a915.png

okay.

ladyandlion

This is getting quite disheartening, infuriating. What bothers me most is that if this were any other doll brand/company, the complaints would be taken seriously by potential customers. Instead with Smart Doll, we have a really weird cult-y situation which is so unnerving to witness.

The people who haven't done anything wrong (except for those who do not stroke DC's enormous ego) have to hide away, remain anonymous while others who still want access to the dolls continue to lob praise at him. I just wonder how much longer this is going to go on before he's going to lose a good chunk of his customer base. 

Going through all this trouble, stalking the forums and groups to see who is doing what. Any other company and this kind of thing would get around and wouldn't be tolerated.

• Like 2

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, ladyandlion said:

(except for those who do not stroke DC's enormous

Whoa!

1 hour ago, ladyandlion said:

ego)

… oh 😂

• Haha 8

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, ladyandlion said:

I just wonder how much longer this is going to go on before he's going to lose a good chunk of his customer base. 

I think the problem is it’s really a fan base as opposed to a customer base, and I suspect that’s how he sees them. He sells his products to fans and denies them to critics. He is probably engaging in the regular sale of stuff to random strangers who buy a doll on the web for themselves or for their kids, but outside of that I’m inclined to think he only wants his dolls to go to his true blue fans. 

• Like 5