Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

Shamrock
7 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

You’re the first person to post about it. Thanks for the clarification. 

No problem.  I was just curious because it is odd to see stuff like that in an email after you order something.  I guess since he wants to ensure his product reaches the right people he needs to verify, but i think the part of about other people living near you who own such-and-such should be left out.  It didn't seem professional even if he didn't mean any harm. 

17 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I guess if he didn’t reveal any PII then it wouldn’t break any formal rules, but IMO this does sound like one of his purity tests. 

He didn't reveal anything PII, but just by pointed out exactly where in relation to me was more than enough personally identifiable information.  I don't understand this "purity test", but I don't care to play those games.  You either want my money or don't... if he doesn't want my business that is fine.  i will make do with what i have :)

• Like 1

moerunamida

I've purchased from him before back when I didn't have disdain for his company. Knowing the fact that my information is saved and could be used as a purity test or what not makes me quite upset, livid almost.

There has been reports/threats of a person (maybe multiple?) hinting at legit trying to rob people who have spend $$$ on Smart Dolls, especially protypes like the blu-tak centaur and what not. I think I read that one of these people saves address and personal info if they do a business transaction with them through paypal, keeping their address. If Danny gave out or indicated that there is someone near you that also has a Smart Doll and you take photos and post them on instagram, it doesn't take a lot of brains to figure out where someone is located. Hopefully what I typed made sense. That is extremely dangerous and invasive.

Some people don't want others to know that there are other doll collectors near them. I almost had a run in with a woman that lived very close to me and wanted to do a doll meet up. I declined, because it just didn't feel right. My gut feeling turned out to be correct, because this woman was banned from the Smart Doll groups I was in at the time for scamming and theft.

Seriously, Danny. Not cool.

Edited by Deyja
  • Like 9

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

monkeypizzasonic

1. That's a very confusing purity test. "I can't sell to you because you might have knowledge of a person in your area who may have crossed me, sorry, must confirm first."

2. Please spend your energy going after actual thieves and protecting your customer's info DC, that is much more important than running around the internet trying to ban everyone who may have said something about you once.

3. (In b4 he lumps the "elitiest entitled" thieves in with us "elitest entitled" people who just want the same customer service standards we'd get from pretty much an other doll company.)

• Like 4

bbotss
6 hours ago, Shamrock said:

He said at the bottom of his email that I had a SmD owner a few blocks down from where I live (we are renting and just moved into a new area), so I don't know anyone... he asked if I knew them... i told him NO and that we just moved here from Japan. lol so why would I know anyone and I really don't know anyone here.  i kinda thought it was odd 😕because i have never shopped at his store (first time) and idk if he does this often.  i just want my new addition to have some nice things that i cannot get elsewhere. i do wish he had some replacement joints for feet and hands so i can have extra!

idk but i guess he allowed me to order because i didn't get cancelled from SmD world... YET! LOL... (still early)

Sounds like he's trying to put out feelers to test if you might be buying for someone who has been banned.

6 hours ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

I'm of two minds on this because I think it sounds kind of wholesome for him to be like "Wow, looks like there are other collectors in your area! What a funny lil coincidence" but also it's kind of....intrusive to disclose somebody's location like that, even in the vaguest of ways. 

That is ofc operating under the assumption that he had no ill intentions with this email, which I personally don't think he did. 

I would beg to differ. From all the stuff Danny has done thus far, crossing the line to abuse private information that he has doesn't surprise me at all.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Shamrock

Well he did reaffirm there are smartdoll owners in my neighborhood after final order confirmation.  I guess it wasn't a "purity test"... perhaps he just wants me to know "Hey there are other owners, so you aren't alone.." I will take it as face value and not be terribly concerned after rethinking it and i cannot wait to show off my new gal - Motoko!  I really want to make a Ghost in a Shell look for her...

• Like 6

Veravey
2 hours ago, Shamrock said:

I really want to make a Ghost in a Shell look for her...

I'm here for this. SAC was one of the first anime I ever watched, Motoko and Section 9 are incredible. Would love to see you do this~

• Like 3

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

DaemonNoyz
11 hours ago, Shamrock said:

Well he did reaffirm there are smartdoll owners in my neighborhood after final order confirmation.  I guess it wasn't a "purity test"... perhaps he just wants me to know "Hey there are other owners, so you aren't alone.." I will take it as face value and not be terribly concerned after rethinking it and i cannot wait to show off my new gal - Motoko!  I really want to make a Ghost in a Shell look for her...

GitS is one of my favorite anime so can't wait to see your Motoko!

• Like 2

Poofiemus
13 hours ago, Shamrock said:

Well he did reaffirm there are smartdoll owners in my neighborhood after final order confirmation.  I guess it wasn't a "purity test"... perhaps he just wants me to know "Hey there are other owners, so you aren't alone.."

Maybe it's just me but that's a little creepy to me. Like. . .did these others give permission for this, knowingly???

• Like 5

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

moerunamida
2 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

Maybe it's just me but that's a little creepy to me. Like. . .did these others give permission for this, knowingly???

I know I sure didn't sign anything of the sort when I placed my order.

Edited by Deyja
  • Like 2

Shamrock
5 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

I actually don't know.  I know when I ordered, I never saw anything on agreement to do something like this!  I am not even sure he has an 'opt-out' on his website.  I almost feel like he could use this maliciously, but would have to prove it (Granted if I find a smartdoll owner on my doorstep...than I guess I will know) 

16 hours ago, Veravey said:

I'm here for this. SAC was one of the first anime I ever watched, Motoko and Section 9 are incredible. Would love to see you do this~

Oh I love SAC!  Genesis seems like a good fit.  The wig I have is not quite "Motoko-ish" lol  It shouldn't be too difficult to find/make the right stuff for her. I may need to get different hands though.

• Like 1

Veravey
2 minutes ago, Shamrock said:

Oh I love SAC!  Genesis seems like a good fit.  The wig I have is not quite "Motoko-ish" lol  It shouldn't be too difficult to find/make the right stuff for her. I may need to get different hands though.

She would look great with the black, gloved hands if you can find them second-hand (pun not intended.) And I've definitely come across Major's wig several times, now to just remember where...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Shamrock
2 minutes ago, Veravey said:

She would look great with the black, gloved hands if you can find them second-hand (pun not intended.) And I've definitely come across Major's wig several times, now to just remember where...

Major's wig is something I would prefer to buy as I've never made a wig before... and the black gloved hands I wouldn't know where to find secondhand... i know mandarake smartdoll stuff always sells out fast, so i could keep an eye out... i knew i should have ordered those black-gloved hands! lol

• Haha 1

BeyondTime
23 minutes ago, Shamrock said:

Major's wig is something I would prefer to buy as I've never made a wig before... and the black gloved hands I wouldn't know where to find secondhand... i know mandarake smartdoll stuff always sells out fast, so i could keep an eye out... i knew i should have ordered those black-gloved hands! lol

You can find black gloves from a variety of sources. Volks has made them on several occasions, but I don’t know about fits on SmartDoll. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

MaleficentMrsofEvil
44 minutes ago, Veravey said:

She would look great with the black, gloved hands if you can find them second-hand (pun not intended.)

I love puns!

• Haha 1

Akito
19 hours ago, Mars said:

Congrats on passing 100 pages 

To infinity and beyond!

• Haha 3

bbotss
On 9/18/2021 at 6:54 AM, Mars said:

Congrats on passing 100 pages 

While Volks releases a heartstoppingly gorgeous realistic DD that comes with a headcap (which matches the skin color! and isn't bright orange!), does not require one to cut the flash *gasp*, has a fullset that isn't weathered *double gasp*, is fully assembled and costs just about a grand with shipping *swoons while side-eyeing the prototype garage*

• Haha 5

DollyDearest
48 minutes ago, bbotss said:

While Volks releases a heartstoppingly gorgeous realistic DD that comes with a headcap (which matches the skin color! and isn't bright orange!), does not require one to cut the flash *gasp*, has a fullset that isn't weathered *double gasp*, is fully assembled and costs just about a grand with shipping *swoons while side-eyeing the prototype garage*

the prototype garage: where they park the dolly cart. 

• Like 1

moerunamida
52 minutes ago, bbotss said:

Not to mention no blood samples, NDAs, or 1800 pages of disclaimers to read through before purchasing either!

• Haha 4

battrastard
3 minutes ago, wishbearstar said:

the prototype garage: where they park the dolly cart. 

Elitist "Dumpster Diving" at it's finest.... 

Did I say that out loud?    oopsie, sorry, not sorry.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, bbotss said:

Think I'll pose my SmartDolls next to her... on Volks branded stands.

• Haha 5

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DollyDearest
25 minutes ago, battrastard said:

huh?       

Edited by wishbearstar

Akito

I think I made such sin that if someone from Smartdoll-land would know, my whole neighborhood would get banned. I made Angel Philia-Smartdoll hybrid.

(If someone asks why, it was just a test to see if it would work at all. I think I'll keep the doll this way. And unless somebody comes trough my window in a action movie-helicopter-swat team way, nobody can stop me from doing this)  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm glad Danny banned me from SmD land because he doesn't deserve my money and I can still get SmD dolls just not directly from him though. I still like his dolls, but I'm just not a big fan of him. When I was telling one of my family members about Danny they were like, "it's like he doesn't want to make money because he keeps banning people" and then they were like, "price of the dolls not worth it, too expensive." but they are one of those people who don't collect bjds or vinyl dolls, so I understand that the price is too high for some people who haven't collected those dolls before.

edit: I feel kinda creeped out that he could have my address saved and could use it as a test or other stuff.

Edited by Guest

On 9/18/2021 at 10:51 PM, battrastard said:

those utter chaos bundles are dumpster stuff marked up at high prices 🤣