Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

Katsudon
8 hours ago, QueenAnna said:

I kinda wanna buy a SmD secondhand or use a proxy and then dye her blue because I really want a blue SmD, but it’s impossible to get one now that I’m banned. But I need to think about it because I’ve never dyed a doll before.

If you can get hold of some of the vinyl rings (either through the shop or if someone is willing to share. Especially because you'll need cinnamon for dye tests, it might be easier to ask someone if they'll part with one for cost of postage) you can use that to test dye. The frame takes dye differently too, but you can probably find a hidden bit of frame to test on more easily. 😀 I think it's safer to dye hard plastics off the boil; at least the bottles of rit dyemore recommend dyeing things like lego in a tupperware instead of on the stove. And because the frame is hard plastic too, I'd play it safe and follow that method. I've never dyed a Smart Doll though, so this is purely theoretical. XD I think there was a thread with a bright pink Smart Doll on this forum, and it looked awesome!

monkeypizzasonic

I'm not technically banned because I've never actually tried to make an account on the online store, so if the storefront is open when I go to Japan you bet your britches I'mma try to buy something lol.

Probably not a whole doll, since I have like 3 DD Dream Choice I want to get, but something.

• Like 1

Maia

I may get smart doll eyes for my custom dollfie smart doll Mirai 

• Like 1

I think it’s weird how he banned me for criticizing SmD clothes and the company faceups yet he follows this person on Instagram who does custom faceups for SmDs. I’m glad he doesn’t know what I look like because I wouldn’t be able to visit the store.

LuluChan
16 hours ago, QueenAnna said:

I think it’s weird how he banned me for criticizing SmD clothes and the company faceups yet he follows this person on Instagram who does custom faceups for SmDs. I’m glad he doesn’t know what I look like because I wouldn’t be able to visit the store.

You're allowed to create custom content for Smd, as long as you also kiss the ground the dolls walk on.

To be honest, I think your ban is probably more about mere association with this horrible, hater-filled forum in which we're all so entitled and awful towards him, his employees, his dolls, and little puppies in our spare time. 

Edited by LuluChan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, LuluChan said:

little puppies on our spare time

Ok, the puppy part is supposed to be a secret 

• Haha 7

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

6 hours ago, LuluChan said:

You're allowed to create custom content for Smd, as long as you also kiss the ground the dolls walk on.

To be honest, I think your ban is probably more about mere association with this horrible, hater-filled forum in which we're all so entitled and awful towards him, his employees, his dolls, and little puppies in our spare time. 

I started laughing when I read this.

Edited by Guest

Monty

It’s unfortunate that merely associating with this forum is enough to tar people. I think Danny likes to group ‘the entitled’ all together as one giant hivemind, which is where these bans etc are coming from. According to him, people who post in this thread are all The Entitled but he doesn’t seem to realise that there are, to simplify it as best I can, 3 separate groups of people here. 

Group A: People who love Smartdoll but have committed a crime of some kind, most likely unknowingly (or worse, were falsely accused, see: the reason this whole thread was created), and are very sad they are banned. They still love their dolls dearly but just want to know what is going on. May still believe in Danny despite everything.

Group B: People who were in group A until they became jaded or fed up with the treatment they received. May still have their doll but may have also sold it out of spite. Will often talk about how they were a huge fan until Last Straw X. May or may not still like the dolls and products regardless. Very salty, but with good reason.

Group C : People who arent fans, don’t like the dolls or products but are here for the ride and commentary because it’s very entertaining and ridiculous (hello). May have been a fan in the past but got out quickly. Since this group were never going to make orders to begin with, they’ll never notice they’re even banned although they definitely are.

Then there’s group D, although I don’t see it as much in this thread: the actual people who are genuinely just very entitled, unpleasant and demanding, and want the entire business to revolve around them and their needs, throw a tantrum when they don’t get what they want, etc.

To us these are distinct groups, but Danny lumps them all together as the same entity because it’s easier for him. What I mean is, me or someone else in Group C might say something like ‘I think most smartdoll have very poor facial sculpting’ or ‘I don’t see the appeal of clothes with holes in them whether for humans or dolls’ and he’d think ‘If the Entitled think my products look bad, why do they even want one?! Why are they so upset when they are banned?! I’m just saving my products for people who actually like the way they look.’ This probably makes sense to him, because everyone he puts in the Entitled group is the same hivemind of clones to him, not individuals with separate opinions - even though on our side we know that there are plenty of people here (ie group A and B) who love the look of the dolls and products. And despite most people in groups A, B and C not acting like group D, they’re the exact same thing to him. So it wouldn’t surprise me when he sees an order and connects it to someone in this thread, he automatically associates every single negative trait of the cartoon villain Entitled he’s built up in his mind to that one person whether they’ve actually committed a crime or not. And remember, any single one of his most adoring fans could become a faceless Entitled Hivemind drone to him overnight.

It’s basic ‘othering’, ‘us vs them’ and it’s sad to see, especially from a guy constantly tooting his own horn about diversity and accepting everyone etc etc.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 8

Maia

Danny contradicts so many things he says he doesn’t give a sheep yet he stalk this forum and ban people.

say dolls will never be limited and now most of them are.

Says money dosen’t matter yet sells them for scalper prices.

Edited by Mars
  • Like 4

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, Monty said:

Group C : People who arent fans, don’t like the dolls or products but are here for the ride and commentary because it’s very entertaining and ridiculous (hello). May have been a fan in the past but got out quickly. Since this group were never going to make orders to begin with, they’ll never notice they’re even banned although they definitely are.

I think there is a group in between Group B & C for those who do like the products but learned early on that Danny wasn’t someone we could do business with. 

I don’t think being on this forum alone is enough to get you banned, but any participation in this thread is probably a trigger for Danny. He’s one of the most thin skinned public figures I’ve seen in recent history, and that’s sayin something. 

Edit: There is something that I hadn’t thought about before with regards to bans and this thread. We have an age limit of 16+ for membership, and if Danny’s customers nowadays are mostly parents buying for children, then it may be easier for him to identify dolls being sold to our members. Assuming he’s surveying his buyers to find out who is buying for a child, that might rule out 2/3 or more of the dolls being sold in a day, and if only a few of each model sell on a given day, a chance comment could tell him exactly who bought the doll. 

• Like 6

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DollyDearest

group D is know as  " Karen" inc     lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

battrastard

Might as well lump me into that B+ or C- category, then.

I actually thought the SmD line was going to be like a lot of other folks here were led to believe.

I wont patronize his store or site, but, if I do find a third-person sale of a particular character, I'd go that route. 

what a shame.

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Zaliayn

I'm in the group of people that originally did love Smart Doll products and what they stood for and I really was planning on buying at least one doll (I remember being so hyped about seeing a tea Chitose was in the works), but then gradually got more and more put off by Danny's attitude and the apparent change in CJ's manifesto that I eventually decided against buying from the official store.

I did buy a 2nd-hand Ebony from Mandarake a few years back tho but I have thought several times about selling her so I can completely wash my hands of the brand, but I'm also tempted to stick a dyed DD head on the tea body instead so I don't know what I'm going to do with her tbh.

• Like 1

MaleficentMrsofEvil
6 hours ago, Monty said:

Then there’s group D...

I volunteer as tribute?

Actually, sorry, I can't. After working in customer service myself, I just can't do that to other people. 

• Haha 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, battrastard said:

Might as well lump me into that B+ or C- category, then.

Ok, if we’re doing letter grades then sure I’m an F by now, and @baldylox is probably an F- just for starting this thread. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Stick a fork in us, we’re done. No make-up exams or remedial classes allowed. 

• Haha 4

I don’t know what group I’m in, I’m not the biggest fan of Danny, but I do like his dolls even though I have criticized them and I’m trying to buy a doll secondhand.

edit: I honestly wouldn’t even mind giving him my money if that were the only option out there, but he clearly doesn’t want my money cause I’m not a blind follower like his minions  🤣 I’m just joking, but seriously does Danny want all his new or old customers to think alike @onion35@

Edited by Guest

cookimooon

I'm a definite Group C, watching the fire burn from afar. His dolls just aren't my style, they're very womanly to me, while I prefer a more girly, rounded kind of "moe" style. That's just my taste! I do appreciate that he creates dolls in varied skin tones, though! Even if any message towards diversity and anything like that gets muddled by The Grateful and Enlightened vs. The Ungrateful and Entitled environment he's created.

OK, don't clap me, but I have to say it: Group D is a one-party group and that group insofar consists of Danny himself. It even starts with a D. Come. On. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

BeyondTime
5 minutes ago, cookimooon said:

OK, don't clap me, but I have to say it: Group D is a one-party group and that group insofar consists of Danny himself. It even starts with a D. Come. On. 

I think this hits the nail on the head. He’s the most “entitled” person in all of this, but like most of us human beings he’s not very good at perceiving his own flaws. 

It’s the people fighting all the BS who are the real “Space Marines” in my opinion. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

sumdude
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I think this hits the nail on the head. He’s the most “entitled” person in all of this, but like most of us human beings he’s not very good at perceiving his own flaws. 

It’s the people fighting all the BS who are the real “Space Marines” in my opinion. 

This is so true! Hey danny, WE are the space marines! Hahahaha

Also another thought that comes to mind, what if we mentioned offhand something like - I have a blue moment - is he going to scroll through all the people who bought blue moment and block them? That's going to be a huge joke.

• Like 1

Katsudon
2 hours ago, QueenAnna said:

I don’t know what group I’m in, I’m not the biggest fan of Danny, but I do like his dolls even though I have criticized them and I’m trying to buy a doll secondhand.

edit: I honestly wouldn’t even mind giving him my money if that were the only option out there, but he clearly doesn’t want my money cause I’m not a blind follower like his minions  🤣 I’m just joking, but seriously does Danny want all his new or old customers to think alike @onion35@

Sounds like you're similar to me! I snark a bunch but still like the dolls, and wish to hell that Danny would forgive and forget, relieving the psychological burden from both himself and Smart Doll owners alike. Love my Smart Doll, don't regret her, she's innocent. But I am getting tired of this ride and wish I could get off (or that it would stop, and we could just enjoy dolls again).

18 minutes ago, sumdude said:

This is so true! Hey danny, WE are the space marines! Hahahaha

Also another thought that comes to mind, what if we mentioned offhand something like - I have a blue moment - is he going to scroll through all the people who bought blue moment and block them? That's going to be a huge joke.

Dudes, you're gonna give me anxiety hives if you keep talking like this! 🤣 Brain explosion in 3... 2... 1...

• Like 2

Yumeiro
50 minutes ago, sumdude said:

I've thought about that too. I find it a bit farfetched that he'd ban people, that cannot be easily and thoroughly identified, based on comments on this forum.
But then again... not. Danny gets weirder and weirder with his practices

So...
I brought Super Girl when she was released. A Kabuki. Then I snagged a gemini kit too. I didn't ship them to sweden though.
So, what now? Everyone of those who recently ordered gets banned? 🤨 
I have that much power?! I can just go on and list dolls!!
"I brought a Mirai" and then two were sold that day.
I never said I ordered her from the store directly - never mentioning I got her secondhand, for example. So one of those two happen to share the same country as me, as another example - and gets their order cancelled/banned because of that..? It's too insane for me.

10 hours ago, Monty said:

me or someone else in Group C might say something like ‘I think most smartdoll have very poor facial sculpting’ or ‘I don’t see the appeal of clothes with holes in them whether for humans or dolls’ and he’d think ‘If the Entitled think my products look bad, why do they even want one?!

I'm generally disappointed with Volks DD character dolls (at least as far as I'm invested in the characters). Like I was SO scared (money-wise) when they announced KOS-MOS and MOMO. But thank god they didn't look good! I still kinda want them because I am a Xenosaga fan, but it wasn't enough to pre-order and such.
The Sailor Moon dolls are a bit hit-and-miss, for me - Sailor Moon's wig looks terrible! Mercury looks off. Their clothes... nah.
Stand-alone, even the "bad" ones are all ok though!
Should I be banned from Volks now? What about other brands I don't really like?
Does my opinion hurt their sales? Their brand? I mean, I don't run any doll-brand propaganda magazine or review site...

Like come on, Danny...

Should we take it as a compliment at this point, that Danny gives us this much credit to ruin his business..?

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, sumdude said:

I think the fun would come from posting just enough to tease the possibility of figuring out which of the “entitled” managed to get a doll, but not enough to get anyone banned. I mean, messing up a random bystanders transaction would be pretty mean, even if the ultimate loser is the granddaddy of all entitled people.

Just to be clear, I’m not suggesting we actually do anything like this. We aren’t that kind of forum. 🤣😂🤣

Selenae

I used to be in group B, but now I sit very firmly in group C. I've made my opinion of Danny very clear in past, particularly after I found out how he views physically disabled collectors like myself.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

DollyDearest

i sit in group G   undecided, kinda worried an need a cocoa boi, before my head spins like am possessed by radio active unicorns. lol

DollyDearest
10 minutes ago, Selenae said:

I used to be in group B, but now I sit very firmly in group C. I've made my opinion of Danny very clear in past, particularly after I found out how he views physically disabled collectors like myself.

Hugs🤗 you