Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

Victoria
1 hour ago, davidd said:

Cool!

Except... it sounds like he's planning to go with 1/4 scale rather than 1/6 scale. I understand his reasoning about fabrics and hair not looking quite right at smaller scales, but will there be enough difference between 1/3 scale and 1/4 scale to make the smaller line worth pursuing? Or would the ultimate objective be to phase out 1/3 scale to reduce costs?

Or...to make sure that Volks clothing for DDs doesn't fit at all. 😂

• Haha 4

nanika

Azone originally started with the Sahra's lineup of 60cm dolls, and then eventually went to 50cm.  (Their 60cm lineup is long discontinued.)  

Will Danny follow suit?  If he tries to maintain 2 different sizes of dolls, I worry about his lack of storage/stockroom space, and how this might overwork his employees.  

Azone makes some really nice outfits in 50cm.  I have heard of one Japanese dealer who complained a little bit that it is harder to sew the smaller details on 50cm outfits versus the 60cm size.  

But if Danny does go to 49cm, then you can always use an Obitsu 50cm body if the small Smart Doll body breaks.  People will make custom adapter parts.  And many of the Azone outfits will likely fit, offering an affordable option.  

Danny could work with Obitsu to produce his doll bodies-- it would be a possible option to increase supply and lessen the burden on his employees (unless of course he burned bridges with Obitsu long ago...)

Edited by nanika
  • Like 1

LuluChan
27 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Or...to make sure that Volks clothing for DDs doesn't fit at all. 😂

That was my first thought too. Wait until he learns about DDS and DDP lol 

19 minutes ago, nanika said:

But if Danny does go to 49cm, then you can always use an Obitsu 50cm body if the small Smart Doll body breaks.  People will make custom adapter parts.  And many of the Azone outfits will likely fit, offering an affordable option.  

I love Obitsu bodies, but that neck part will be a challenge to work with. Especially if the heads maintain the same super small hole as the bigger ones. And the look is really different from what Smart Doll only owners are used too. And don't get me started on those ankles. Look at them wrong and they will break. 

At least one brand's outfits should fit. Busty small girls? Azone/Obitsu. Flat-is-justice girls? Volks DDP

On another note, I am very excited for the possibility that he remakes Haruka as the smaller sister she was supposed to be (bonus points if her hair becomes pink again!). I can't wait to see the new girls, I'm sure they will be very pretty.

• Like 1

Irulazuli

As much as I like the idea, I will believe it when I see it. I remember Danny showing off 1/6 doll (prototype and all) and look where this project is now.

• Like 1

Yumeiro
3 hours ago, Irulazuli said:

As much as I like the idea, I will believe it when I see it. I remember Danny showing off 1/6 doll (prototype and all) and look where this project is now.

Put the "1/4 prototype will be listed for $6000 in the prototype garage" on your bingo boards

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

monkeypizzasonic
1 hour ago, Yumeiro said:

Put the "1/4 prototype will be listed for $6000 in the prototype garage" on your bingo boards

I mean, that will probably happen even if he releases the dolls.

I think it's interesting that he's so fussy about aesthetic that he's making smaller heads as well instead of just making smaller bodies compatible with the 1/3 heads he already has, like how MDD work. I wonder if you'll be able to swap heads between them.

7 hours ago, nanika said:

Danny could work with Obitsu to produce his doll bodies-- it would be a possible option to increase supply and lessen the burden on his employees (unless of course he burned bridges with Obitsu long ago...)

I don't think he'd partner up with anyone for doll parts, even if it would help the production line - he values having control of the products he produces over increasing the amount of dolls they can make (which isn't necessarily a bad thing...).

Regarding clothes - I have AP 48 and 50 dolls (use the Obitsu base but can have bigger hips/chests), and they usually wear a good mix of DD and MSD clothes. Right now I have a MSD Dollmore dress on my flat-chested girl, and a mix of 3rd party DD clothes (Doll Delights/Adyka) for my more busty girl. So it's not impossible to find clothes for this size.

Nyx Whitestar

QueenAnna, I'm sorry Danny cancelled your order :( He's really shaddy.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:33 AM, Mainframe110 said:

[...] he’s still allowed to pick favorites, ban people at will, [...] 

At least in France, it's not. It's called "Refusal to sell":

"Refusal to sell is the act of refusing the sale of a product or the provision of a service to a professional or a consumer. This constitutes an offense which is punishable by law. The professional can derogate from the principle if he has a "legitimate reason (insulting behavior of the consumer, etc.)."
https://www.economie.gouv.fr/dgccrf/Publications/Vie-pratique/Fiches-pratiques/refus-de-vente

As his prime market is not France, that would be difficult to apply in court, but maybe USA and Japan have a similar law? As a French it baffle me to see people think this is ok 😵

• Like 4

ig-log10.png ap10.png

28 minutes ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

QueenAnna, I'm sorry Danny cancelled your order :( He's really shaddy.

"Refusal to sell is the act of refusing the sale of a product or the provision of a service to a professional or a consumer. This constitutes an offense which is punishable by law. The professional can derogate from the principle if he has a "legitimate reason (insulting behavior of the consumer, etc.)."
https://www.economie.gouv.fr/dgccrf/Publications/Vie-pratique/Fiches-pratiques/refus-de-vente

As his prime market is not France, that would be difficult to apply in court, but maybe USA and Japan have a similar law? As a French it baffle me to see people think this is ok 😵

Even though I’m American, I’m not sure if America has a law like that, I don’t think so, but I would need to look it up. I’m not sure why he’s so strict.

Edited by Guest

Wasabi

I was very tempted to suggest the name "Smart Doll Sister" or "Smart Doll Pretty" for the 1/4 scale dolls. But I'm genuinely interested in seeing where this project will eventually lead. 

11 hours ago, QueenAnna said:

Danny talking about the little SmDs on Facebook and Instagram, me: *shocked pikachu face* I wonder if he’s actually gonna start making them and putting them up for sale in the future. Danny needs to a break, he’s releasing too many dolls.

That is how I've felt about the brand for almost 1,5-2 years now. Lots of new releases, but none of them stick around (or were not released outside of Only the Brave).

• Haha 2

Maia

Maybe Smart doll Petite would be another good name.

Edited by Mars

Testament

Mmmmh, Angel Philia/SmartDoll hybrid...

• Like 1

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Figura4

I’ve also seen the announcement of the prototype 1/4 scale doll, it doesn’t look much smaller, but it is quite smaller. Personally, I like the 1/3 scale, I hope he doesn’t think about discontinuing it in the future.

I hope I can order my first doll next week and I have a horrible headache about which clothes to order... If I order two packs of hands (1 and 2), or I will order them later (but they are important for photos, and I want to make many photos). Boots! I can’t find boots with that quality... Maybe I need to save a little more money for this... 

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, QueenAnna said:

Even though I’m American, I’m not sure if America has a law like that, I don’t think so, but I would need to look it up. I’m not sure why he’s so strict.

In the US I believe the refusal has to be based on refusing services to a protected class before it’s illegal. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic
3 hours ago, Testament said:

Mmmmh, Angel Philia/SmartDoll hybrid...

I did have a Gemini head on an AP body for a while, but he's off rn because the neck adaptor needs some sanding. Also because he's cinnamon and AP tan would be a better match but I only have whitey atm. (There's pics in the AP thread a few pages back if you want a look.)

6 hours ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

I think we've discussed those kind of laws; they might apply but the problem is someone has to actually put in the time/money/effort to take DC to court and prove they were banned unfairly before they can affect anything. And I don't think anyone on this forum has the time or energy to put up with all that + rabid fans dragging their name through the mud once DC calls them out publicly (me included).

• Like 2

Mainframe110
7 hours ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

As his prime market is not France, that would be difficult to apply in court, but maybe USA and Japan have a similar law?

I'm not a lawyer but in American shops and restaurants they have a legal right to refuse service, like if a customer is disturbing the environment or being dangerous or excessively obnoxious. But in cases where the refusal is based on discrimination (like racism, homophobia, etc), it's illegal. I'm not sure about Japan but there is quite the debate online about whether or not Japanese restaurants can refuse service (at least for foreigners or people that look like they might not speak Japanese), so maybe they have similar laws...?

Edit: ah sorry, I didn't see that a bunch of others replied to this oops :v

Edited by Mainframe110

DollyDearest
2 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I did have a Gemini head on an AP body for a while, but he's off rn because the neck adaptor needs some sanding. Also because he's cinnamon and AP tan would be a better match but I only have whitey atm. (There's pics in the AP thread a few pages back if you want a look.)

I think we've discussed those kind of laws; they might apply but the problem is someone has to actually put in the time/money/effort to take DC to court and prove they were banned unfairly before they can affect anything. And I don't think anyone on this forum has the time or energy to put up with all that + rabid fans dragging their name through the mud once DC calls them out publicly (me included).

AP?

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, wishbearstar said:

AP?

Angel-Philia. The thread is in the Obitsu section, but fair warning that it’s NSFW. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DollyDearest
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Angel-Philia. The thread is in the Obitsu section, but fair warning that it’s NSFW. 

okays an thanks.   no worries  i can handle NSFW   am grown up   :)

• Like 1

How do you know if you are banned from the SmD website?

CrazyDollPerson
24 minutes ago, QueenAnna said:

How do you know if you are banned from the SmD website?

I think basically your orders will never go through. I don't know if there is a way to block someone in other ways, I would imagine there is, but the telltale sign would be that you are never able to actually get an order to go through.

BeyondTime
30 minutes ago, CrazyDollPerson said:

I think basically your orders will never go through. I don't know if there is a way to block someone in other ways, I would imagine there is, but the telltale sign would be that you are never able to actually get an order to go through.

That does seem to be how most folks figure out they’ve been banned. 

Is fraud checking a PayPal transaction even a thing? It seems to me like that’s something that happens on the PayPal side and not the merchant, since PayPal is the one dealing with your bank, and the merchant has no way to know if the person who logged into PayPal isn’t you. 

LuluChan
14 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

In the US I believe the refusal has to be based on refusing services to a protected class before it’s illegal. 

Great, then we can take him to court, since according to him doll collectors/Smart Doll lovers are a protected class that's often discriminated against \s

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Nyx Whitestar
14 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I know, what I wanted to say is that people need to stop saying that he CAN ban customer. No he can't, it's illegal! Stop legitimate his bs by saying "it's his business, he can do whatever he wants, deal with it". Just no. I'm tired of reading that.

• Like 1

ig-log10.png ap10.png

Testament

Justifying his questionable methods doesn't make much sense.

• Like 2

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2