48041828668_1d9a568efd_z.jpg

Po: "Oh my. This is a rather big cookie isn't it?"

48041795041_f7df2a705c_z.jpg

Mommy: "So do you like them?"

Tama: "Can't talk. Eating." *om nom nom nom*

A short while later...

48041794611_80dc834d69_z.jpg

Dakota: "Darlin' where did you get the sweets?"

Yuriko*raises the cookie to her mouth* "I found them on a cookie sheet. They looked really cute so they must be mine."

Dirk: *just listens*

48041827423_be105d2323_z.jpg

Yuriko*rapidly starts eating the cookie*

Dakota: "Did ya ask Tama if you could have them? I ain't too sure if those might be fer Rainie. You know how much she is obsessed with Hello Kitty."

Yuriko: "Nobody was guarding them so... Finders keepers." *stuffs the cookie in her mouth*

Dirk*mumbles* "Does she even eat anything healthy? At all? Ever?"

48041793826_97d96b67b6_z.jpg

Yuriko: "Tama knows that whenever he makes cookies that I get the first ones. He can always make more. He likes making cookies for is best big sister. And he hasn't done it in a long, long time."

Dakota: "Darlin'... Tama is not yer personal baker. Not to mention that he's been working hard with SK to reconfigure a lot of the old recipes. I ain't imagine they would take too kindly to ya eatin' it all up."

Yuriko: "Why would they make cookies if they aren't for me?"

Dirk: "I think I even heard that they were made from beans. Is that even right?"

48041891207_1756423fd9_z.jpg

Dakota: "Ya know ya could share some with us. You have plenty."

Yuriko*sigh* "Okay..."

Dirk: "Beans, beans, the magical cookie..." *makes a fart noise and chuckles*

48041826138_2ce3c5384e_z.jpg

Yuriko*Starts chowing down on another cookie* "So yummy and crunchy..."

Dakota*holds half the cookie her girlfriend gave her* "Honey pie, I think we need ta have a talk about sharing..."

Dirk*speaking with a deadpan tone to his voice as he holds the other half of the same cookie* "Wow. Your generosity is astounding."

~~~~~

42899861130_5a9229c781_z.jpg

Last September I bought these cookie cutters for Tama, before I even knew if they could be used for making cookies at all. I'm so delighted that I can actually use them for actual sugar cookies. This means I'm so very, very close to remaking my mom's gingerbread cookie recipe. Since I was a kid, nothing has meant more Christmas to me than gingerbread cookies with royal icing. I used to sit and decorate batches of them most years. And I always love gingerbread houses even though I've rarely tried to make them. I'm sure most people wonder why I'm so amazed over something as simple as cutout cookies. It just has seemed like the 'impossible' to remake recipes to me. So to have them, keeping their shape enough that Po could pinch it and it didn't even crumble, and despite using garbanzo and soy flour they still taste rather close to wheat cookies. It is such an old habit of mine to challenge myself to tackle the most difficult or impossible things first. I'm just amazed that I managed it, mostly just because of intuition on how the various ingredients work.

Also I'm starting to figure out how to DD pics again without going beyond my limits. They may not be the greatest but I'm happy to share their goofy little stories. I hope to go over Dirk's story at some point but it would probably take more of the 'full stage' layout to do it right and that would take a massive amount of energy just to set it up. So if nothing else here's his first snapshot.🙂 (He's still a little of a work in progress. I forgot that his hair needs to still be trimmed, once I can figure out how to do it without ruining this wig.)

~SK

Edited by Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

katnaper

Aw, Tama and Po are so cute.  Nice to see you posting photos again, we missed you.  Even though I mostly lurk nowadays, I do look forward to seeing what the dolliehs have been up to and I always love stories about your kiddos.  *Hugs* to everyone!

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

JChiibs

I've been slowly working on redoing the 11cm patterns from the sewing book into Illustrator (to easily adapt them but it is faster for me than tracing them by hand) as well as working on translating. I'm starting to recognize the kanji better but even just a single page takes me more than an hour for just the text on the pattern pieces. The instructions take me hours and hours and I'm always left with a headache when I'm done. Thinking trough cooking (after doing these photos) has become strangely hard again and often leaves me confused. The plus side is that my mind has been really focused on these patterns and my desire and excitement for sewing is finally returning. Yesterday I was retracing the pattern for the 11cm sailor suit and Tama started squealing.

Tama: "Mommy! I want one of those!"

Mommy: "But it is way too small for you. These are Po sized clothes."

Tama: "That's okay. You can just make me a bigger one!"

Mommy: "I guess I'm glad at your flawless confidence in my skills..." 😐

Just a few hours later Tama happened to see a pic of the snowman from Frozen when I was looking for Disney movies after hearing that Raven has never seen Pocahontas. Neither one of us has seen Frozen. Tama's response?

Tama*squeals like a little girl* "MOMMY! It's a snowman! Can we watch that one? I want to see it!"

4-5 times a day he keeps asking when we can see the snowman show. It's starting to get annoying. 😂 I still haven't told him that the new version of the Grinch is on Netflix. If I start letting him watch too many Christmas shows now it won't stop until February, and Raven will only encourage it. it's another reason why I'm delaying testing remaking my mom's gingerbread cookie recipe.

But, on another plus side Tama has been getting really vocal/active again, more so than most of the last two years. I'm getting my 'cheerleading mama's boy' back who quietly (most of the time) challenges me to see what I can do. I'm just hoping my OCD doesn't ruin trying to do a cute outfit for him. I've wanted a sailor suit for him for ages, so I guess if I screw up then I'll just have to make him more. 😁 What I'm looking forward to is watching Lucas lose it over Tama's cuteness. 😆That right there would make the entire project totally worth it. Plus seeing Tama, Dolly, and Po in similar outfits would be really cute. Even just Tama and Dolly in similar outfits would be hilarious. There is a more 'manly' variation on the same pattern in the book that would actually suit Dolly rather well.

~SK

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram