Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Eiko82

Semi-realistic sculpt

cfx
2 hours ago, Riesz said:

It's hard to pinpoint the issue, maybe that the eyes seem too far apart?

The are far apart. It isn't as noticable on the discarded sculpt because she had a much more defined nose bridge so there was something in the area between the eyes. What makes that older version look a little off is just Danny's love of placing the eyes way centered so the dolls always look cross-eyed.

magique

The first one was cute, but I agree, the second looks horrible. Her eyes are wayyy too far apart for the size of her face. 

Corgi

I'm excited about these stylized video game like sculpt line. It's a good blend between the realistic  vs anime look. But I do wonder what will be the final product since these are somewhat still prototypes. 🤷‍♀️

marishade

I am so excited about these faces! I think Genesis will be my new favorite SmartDoll when she becomes available in tea. I get a slight GitS:SAC Motoko vibe from her and I love it.

I like both realistic and anime face styles, this looks like a good middle ground (like DDs 2B and 9S). As others have mentioned, they will also look good as traditional comic book characters as western comics are usually done in a more 'realistc' style.

Zaliayn

Turns out that the redesign of Entropy wasn't popular, so Danny is sticking with her original faceup, albeit with a few tweaks to the face mask. She's scheduled for a release sometime early next year, after Genesis.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2l9D3LAfCZ/

I will admit that while I liked her new look more (although that may have been down to her being less cross-eyed in the photos), her original look has far more personality and is much more unique. She also looks really nice alongside Genesis in the side-by-side picture.

cfx

That's close enough to the original and far better than that second version, for me. Looks like he extended the eyeliner a bit further inward which alleviates the eyes looking as far apart as well. I like her.

I don't like Genesis at all though.

Shailara

Glad he is keeping this one, even though a bit more modified :) For any interested parties, he did say the original might end up in the Prototype garage (with the higher price tag of course, but it's an opportunity for someone who was interested). ^_^

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Eiko82
52 minutes ago, Shailara said:

Glad he is keeping this one, even though a bit more modified :) For any interested parties, he did say the original might end up in the Prototype garage (with the higher price tag of course, but it's an opportunity for someone who was interested). ^_^

Did Danny ever mention how much higher the price tag was? I've seen a couple of "people shouldn't complain about prototypes having a higher price tag' complaints floating about but I seem to have completely missed the original announcement/discussion.

• Like 1

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

cfx
6 hours ago, Shailara said:

For any interested parties, he did say the original might end up in the Prototype garage (with the higher price tag of course, but it's an opportunity for someone who was interested).

From the instagram post showing this final version?

Somewhat vague wording but I took:

The other Entropy Candidate 3D print may make her way into the Prototype Garage.

to mean the second prototype, the one that wasn't as well-liked that he's not making.

growcian
1 hour ago, cfx said:

From the instagram post showing this final version?

That final version gives me the chills. It makes me feel like I'm experiencing the heat death of the universe.

When Kizuna Anniversary was announced, I loved the prototype's faceup and I had hoped Danny wouldn't change it at all for the final version. Sadly, it did change. The browns applied on the final version were much darker and intense than the more pleasant and subtle touches on the prototype. I'm now having flashbacks to what changed with Kizuna Anniversary because looking at Heat Death Entropy's final version vs. previous version(s), I prefer what isn't the final version. 😑

• Like 1

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

cfx

It's a "New Coke" phenomenon. :classic_laugh:

Original product, liked by consumers, is replaced by one consumers do not like. Original product comes back, and even if it is slightly changed then, people are so happy to have the original over the hated product, that smaller changes aren't noticed much.

Shailara
23 hours ago, Eiko82 said:

Did Danny ever mention how much higher the price tag was? I've seen a couple of "people shouldn't complain about prototypes having a higher price tag' complaints floating about but I seem to have completely missed the original announcement/discussion.

If you added stuff to your wishlist from the garage section, you could see the priced there. I think the prototypes were around 139.000 Yen? 

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

moerunamida

I did not like Entropy at all, but her face has grown on me. I actually liked her previous eyebrows better because they looked more realistic. I keep wishing she had a couple little flecks of glitter in her green eyes to make them pop and sparkle. Genesis is okay, but she just looks rather mean compared to all the other SmDs.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

cfx
1 hour ago, Deyja said:

Genesis is okay, but she just looks rather mean compared to all the other SmDs.

The more I've looked at her, I think Genesis should be sold as a guy doll. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

magique

Yeah, Genesis looks terrible lmao. Eyes too wide, chin too small/pointy. The short wig removes any of the usual smartdoll style femininity. Entropy is a lot better and more realistic. Not perfect, but she does have some appeal, especially in the photos cfx posted. 

Edited by sweets
  • Like 2

Riesz

Ugh, Entropy would look so much better if her eyes weren't installed cross-eyed.

• Like 2

Tira

I actually like Genesis a lot.  She's got a good mix of cute and tough going on, and the tomboyish style is a nice change of pace.  Her eyes do look like they're too far apart, though.

• Like 2

SiofraLu

Entropy has grown on me as well, initially I did not like the idea of a realistic SmD but I’m really starting to like her (and her name). She might come out just in time for my birthday too!

magique

I feel like this whole line just looks a little weird! The new girl especially has something off about her. I think her mouth is too wide for her tiny face? 

Testament

I think we all are so used to anime mini mouths that when we see a normally large/more realistically proportioned mouth, it seems giganormous XD

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

RainbowNanaki

Newest girl doesn't do anything for me, but I am still excitedly awaiting Genesis! I love how tough she looks, and it's so refreshing to see a doll from one of the "big" brands that isn't hyper-feminine. I vehemently disagree that she should be sold as a male doll. If someone wants to re-body her, they absolutely can, but I think having a androgynously-faced doll in a company's lineup is important.

• Like 2

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

UnderOrange
9 hours ago, Zaliayn said:

New semi-realistic prototype just appeared:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4AMeLCgB3J/

I think I quite like the lips on this girl ❤️

I really love her lips too, so much so I'd actually really like to see what she looks like with more prominent lip coloring! She might be winning as my favorite of the new girls now that Entropy got changed back to her original sculpt. (Entropy is still adorable, I just fell so hard for the version everyone else apparently hated, heh.)

• Like 2

aurelia

I like the new girl. She looks so unique, and I find her face very cute for some reason. She has a sort of mischievous look.