Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Eiko82

Semi-realistic sculpt

SiofraLu
On 10/24/2019 at 6:58 PM, Testament said:

I think we all are so used to anime mini mouths that when we see a normally large/more realistically proportioned mouth, it seems giganormous XD

Even when I get more realistic resin dolls, I tend to go for smaller, more pouty lips. I guess I just have a type. 

In regards to this new girl, I think she looks a little too angry. Perhaps with a different face up I might like her or Genesis, but right now I only like Entropy and my wallet is more than fine with that, haha. 

That purple jacket though, man, I’d love that! 😍

Zaliayn

Update: it's looks like she will be called Independence.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4EdFuogNDn/

I think I may prefer her to Genesis, since she's still got that tough girl vibe, but without the meanness that Genesis has (it's the eyebrows!). She looks good with blue eyes too.

Although at this rate, I can see me ending up with more than one of these semi-real girls... 😅

• Like 1

Lynn

My next Smartdoll girl will be Independence! She is PERFECT! ❤️

Poofiemus

Oh man, I actually like both Entropy and Genesis--they both have a pretty good resemblance to my OC Emryana, who I've wanted to shell into doll form for ages. Question is, which is more important to me: Entropy's strong nose, or Genesis's great mouth? Choices, choices. At least I know I'm doing a custom faceup regardless, Emryana has a very specific mood to her neither of these default ones capture.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

SiofraLu

I got an email to let me know Independence was posted in the store, her price is posted but she’s not in sock yet. 

Poofiemus

Interesting that the options for Independence are vinyl versus Cortex, but the options on Genesis are sports bra versus apparel set. . . Makes me wonder if Genesis is vinyl or Cortex. I would definitely prefer vinyl!

baldylox
5 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

Interesting that the options for Independence are vinyl versus Cortex, but the options on Genesis are sports bra versus apparel set. . . Makes me wonder if Genesis is vinyl or Cortex. I would definitely prefer vinyl!

When you see the options for Cortex or Vinyl, you have to click one in order to go to the next step.  Clicking one takes you to the next option list that lets you choose clothing or undies only.  It also allows you to add hand packs or other busts.  It's a new system they added a little while ago, I like it.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Starwaia

Is it just me or does Genesis look odd from this angle?

• Haha 1

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 4 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Pit

Ok, now I'm interested in smartdolls, damn it...I'll be fast with genesis: iI don't like her so bleh. Entropy looks quite beautiful, reminds me of Alna a little bit. Also Independence looks gorgeous. Honestly I prefer this "semi realistic dolls" than the standard models because they look too much anime. In fact, that's the main reason why I don't like them at all. But these, THESE dolls look awesome. Time to save money and pray for patience.

Edited by Pit

monkeypizzasonic

Tea-skinned semi-real girl also in the works.

• Like 1

katnaper

I had just seen his instagram post on Genesis and I love her entire look. I might to sacrifice several doll plans to get her.😆

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

SiofraLu

The tea girl looks really good! 

monkeypizzasonic

New realistic eyes to go with the realistic heads, and Genesis out this weekend.

Galvatim

So, who will be first to show us the realistic eyes in an anime style head?  

Zaliayn

Genesis is now available, although Danny has said she will likely go out of stock for a while soon since so many people seem to be interested in her.

Sales page is https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/smartdolls/products/smart-doll-genesis

I'll be interested to see owner photos of her, especially what she looks like without a wig - I've been curious as to just how large the head is underneath the wig lol

Poofiemus

The closer I look, the more I think Genesis's mouth and nose win me over; I think I can mod the eye holes just a hair to get the shape I need there. Of course, I still have to deal with the DD 01 heads I'm working on right now and don't have the budget anyway, but I can plot and dream. 

On 12/19/2019 at 9:28 AM, Galvatim said:

So, who will be first to show us the realistic eyes in an anime style head?  

Ooooh I hope someone does this soon! I love seeing pics of DDs with realistic eyes. Don't think I've ever seen them in a Smart Doll.

magique

Entropy looks so much cuter in her final version! I can't wait to see her customized. 

cirquemom

I'm very happy with my Entropy. She's actually prettier in real life than she is in the official pictures.

84330659_3919381968075767_7637633719913676800_o.jpg

83855481_3919382021409095_1625894019185770496_o (1).jpg

• Like 3

magique

@cirquemom aww your entropy is adorable! She looks a billion times cuter than in the official pics. 

Eiko82

Awww, she looks very cute.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)