Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Animaster888

Any ideas on how to remove this stain?

Animaster888

Stain picture (before trying any treatment)

So I need to get rid of this stain. I tried:

Acetone nail polish remover

Rubbing alcohol

Mr. Clean magic eraser

Sandpaper

Zit cream

And none worked... Though I only kept the cream on a short time tbh. I only made this much progress in 3 hours of scrubbing, rubbing and waiting. 

After treatments

Does anyone have anymore ideas? The stain is from the doll sitting on a shelf in dark leggings. 

(*´︶`*)♡Thanks!

cfx
41 minutes ago, Animaster888 said:

Though I only kept the cream on a short time tbh.

Does anyone have anymore ideas?

Patience.

Zit cream (or Volks Dream Rescue) takes time and does a bit of stain removal at a time. It will take multiple treatments and may take weeks or sometimes months of treatments to get a stain out.

It's best to start with that treatment over most of the rest you tried because most of those will leave permanent marks or damage on the vinyl surface. The acetone softens and melts the vinyl, and may possibly make the stains harder to remove in the process. Alcohol shouldn't damage anything though and may remove marks that are just on the surface; don't get it on the faceup though.

• Like 1

Beani

As cfx says, zit cream and dream rescue treatments generally require several days or weeks to work on tough stains. Cold weather also doesn’t help the process, so at this time of year it would probably take even longer. People generally use sun light or heat lamps if possible to speed things up but you have to be careful not to expose the body to that for too long. 

• Like 2

Jezrah

Also, sometimes if you can get the stain to lighten up a lot but it's still not gone, you can just leave it for a while, and when you check again it will have disappeared. Dyes can sort of disperse into the vinyl over time if they're not deep. 

• Like 3

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

cfx

I've also found that to be the case. I'm also not sure if it is just that effect of the dye itself migrating or if Dream Rescue continues to work a bit even after it is removed also having some effect.

Either way, when I had a badly stained body I ended up doing multiple treatments for 2-3 weeks, then letting the parts just sit for maybe a month and then if there was still any slight staining left, repeat the whole process.

Some of this stuff certainly takes time. Some of you may remember me talking over a year ago about how I had seemingly damaged some body parts by leaving Dream Rescue on for a lot longer than recommneded, where I got raised areas on the vinyl. I noticed over a very long time those areas did seem to go down but didn't completely disappear. I took a good look at that body just recently and I believe all of those areas are completely back to normal now. This took well over a year after I stopped the treatments.

Edit: To add a bit, what I said about letting the stuff sit for a month; there's no specific reasoning for that time frame; it was more just when I got back around to doing something. As @Beani mentioned, environmental factors like temperature and humidity affect how all this stuff works as well.

I guess the one general piece of advice I can give, because I went through it as everyone probably does: those first stains felt like such a depressing, awful thing, and the treatments do so little obvious effect to begin with, it can feel like you've ruined your doll and it will never be the same, especially if you have certain personality traits like I do. Eventually you get over that and it isn't such a big deal.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Animaster888

Thanks for the help everyone!