Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DarkAvenger696

Different faceups for your smartdoll?

DarkAvenger696

Hello, I've seen lots of smart dolls and there are a couple that I like but I'm worried about wiping a faceup has anyone done it? any issues problems etc? I'm looking at Coco skin, Tea skin and Cinnamon skin. I figure milk is probably the same as DD and can be changed easily but I'm concerned about what would happen if you wiped one of the darker skin tones. Let me know please! Any faceup artist etc I would love to see some samples before I jump on board and buy a girl I really am loving how Prowess and Genesis look but I am thinking I might want to change the face a bit any advice would be great!

baldylox

I've got extra heads in the old cocoa skin tone that I had repainted by a good friend of mine.  Both turned out really nice.  But neither were painted to begin with so I'm not 100% sure if it would be an issue or not.  I know plenty of people who have wiped faces on tanned or darker skinned vinyl girls and had no problems at all.  So I'm sure the SmD girls wouldn't be hard to do or cause any damage.

I don't have any good close up pics right now of the new heads other than a couple I took quickly at a doll meetup.  This is a Moonlight head sculpt that was blank and I had painted by a friend.  I use this as an alternate on her sometimes.

DSC_1053.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DarkAvenger696

Thanks! I didn't even think about using white for around the eyes!! I'd love to see what other people have done as well, its good to know blank heads seem to be fine..and I mean everyone makes mistakes and has to wipe it so I guess if color didn't come off that way then it should be okay for removing a faceup as well.

SakuraRose

I did a partial repaint of the Sana mold a while back (eyes and blush) and I had no problems with it at all. I used Staedtler watercolour pencils, soft pastel, and good ol' MSC. From my limited experience, SmD heads tend to take dry mediums better than the softer Volks vinyl. Hope this helps you out a little?

• Like 4

baldylox

I forgot to add one more I have.  😉  

I also got a Mirai head in the old cocoa color.  She was painted by Buffdolls as well and I really love how she turned out.

49895785881_98d1b5454d_z.jpgDSC_0030 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

49895266838_4bfcff960b_z.jpgDSC_0033 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

49895785361_5f69a10054_z.jpgDSC_0032 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I also got some better pics of the other Moonlight head.

49895786151_cd03d5e4ea_z.jpgDSC_0029 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

49896095582_1be6198553_z.jpgDSC_0027 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

49895786901_51eca4dce1_z.jpgDSC_0026 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

And just for reference sake, here's the default Moonlight faceup.

49896092772_03ab6f34b0_z.jpgDSC_0038 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

49895783671_9c79514e02_z.jpgDSC_0040 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

49896091982_e5aff9ae7b_z.jpgDSC_0042 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Billy

• Like 7

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

weslie

This is old, but in case anyone else wanders in here, the first Smart doll I ever got I re-did her face-up. She was a Tea skin-tone, don't remember the doll unfortunately. I used Winsor and Newton brush cleaner to wipe her face-up with no issues. I re-did her make-up using MSC, watercolor pencils and soft pastels; again no problems.

iichigo

i removed my eiji face up using a product from volks..... and although it did take a lot of elbow grease it did get the job done, however i have managed to ruin his vinyl on one side and now i'm just trying to smoothen out. any suggestions ?? what type of sandpaper grit can i use?

SakuraRose

You can use a higher grit and work your way down to a much finer one until you're smoothing it out. It's a little risky because it might alter the sculpt noticeably so it's a last resort type of thing for me. If you can, and haven't yet, try using chemical stain removal methods.