Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
NatsukiP

Dollfie World Cup DD Heads

NatsukiP

Dollfie World Cup has been held for the last couple of years. The makeup competition in particular has been exclusive to their SD line, however, I had seen they included DD heads this year. It appears to be 2 new sculpts, one meant for DD and one fashioned for MDD along with a bust to display them on. They only come in Flesh color for both the heads and bust. I am personally not too familiar with the frequency of DWC competition. I tried to look for past events bit was only able to track down 2013 and 2015 for Volks under english search terms. I am also not entirely sure what the fees mean for the price, I assuming its tax. 

Here's the official website for the 2020 Competition:

The sales release date is 4/27/2020 according to the webstore

It has a few language options available, which is in the top right hand corner

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/event/dwc/2020/

Where to purchase:

Price: 6,000 YEN without fee, approx. $60 USD

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item_list.html?siborikomi_clear=1&select_category_keyword=&keyword=DWC&search_type=header_keyword

And here are the 2 heads on question....

DWC 01: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992428659.html

49814942257_dcae553727.jpg

4518992428659_b 

49814633801_80c3f75fe1.jpg

4518992428659_a 

DWC 02: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992428666.html

49814640426_fdcc1c1114.jpg

4518992428666_b 

49814640266_c7fcd84249.jpg

4518992428666_a 

And here are the bust options. Price: 4,200 YEN without fee, approx. $42 USD

Edit 2: To my knowlegde they had released these display bust before right? But I cant recall which event, and how readily available they are. 

Edit 3: Thank you @Monty

The bust item (as well as dress forms) were released previously but only available for Dolpa dealers to purchase as a way of displaying their wares if they wanted to, so it’ll be nice if they’re open to everyone now! (The busts, anyway).

DDhttps://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992428680.html

49814118703_eb6dfbc80d.jpg

4518992428680_a 

MDDhttps://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992428673.html

49814121003_d54a0858ff.jpg

4518992428673_a

Edit 1: Sorry just edited it to make it look more neat. Also feel free to correct me I will add those corrections to this post to make it more cohesive. 

Edited by NatsukiP
  • Like 1

Panda_Dolliess

These new heads look fantastic! I like how they are flat as well. No more sanding lips off

NatsukiP
9 minutes ago, MaKayla_Panda said:

These new heads look fantastic! I like how they are flat as well. No more sanding lips off

Me too! Sanding is so hard with the softer vinyl in my opinion. I'm really liking the soft eyes of DWC 01, she looks so cute.

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Omg the mini head is SO CUTE

Edited by Serena-Hime

Zaliayn

I also like the fact these heads are flat, especially since I was thinking of making a custom MDD in the future and wasn't looking forward to modding a head 😄

Nice to see another mature-looking head too!

Monty

The bust item (as well as dress forms) were released previously but only available for Dolpa dealers to purchase as a way of displaying their wares if they wanted to, so it’ll be nice if they’re open to everyone now! (The busts, anyway).

I can’t do faceups to save my life but I’m kinda tempted... although I’m much more excited to see what other people do with these.

Edited by Monty

Jezrah

I actually recently adopted a head fairly similar to the MDD head, so I won't pick up that one. 

I really like the shape of the eyes on the DD head, but as I'm fairly well stocked on girls, I've been pretty much only adopting boys. This head would work for that, but I'd have to really think about what kind of mouth I'd put on before I committed to buying one. 

I wouldn't enter the competition, though. Although I can do faceups and it's a good way for me to bond with my dolls, I'm not the best out there. Though, I recall someone winning a faceup competition a while back that I didn't think was all that good. The voting was done by the general public, though, so maybe the person had a lot of friends (or bots).

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Noxxbunny

Anyone know how to sign up for Volks VS membership? 😕 is it possible for an international buyer? I already missed the MDD head because the pages didn't seem to be up even after like an hour after launch last night(they probably were, but it hides the DWC pages from you if you're logged in without the membership, it tells you the pages don't exist.) When I try to buy the other head(by putting it into my cart and THEN logging in), it tells me I don't have the correct membership to buy it. When it directs me where to sign up...I have no idea how to or if I even can. Is there maybe a guide?

Edited by Noxxbunny

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Monty
13 minutes ago, Noxxbunny said:

Anyone know how to sign up for Volks VS membership? 😕 is it possible for an international buyer? I already missed the MDD head because the pages didn't seem to be up even after like an hour after launch last night? When I try to buy the other head, it tells me I don't have the correct membership to buy it. When it directs me where to sign up...I have no idea how to or if I even can. Is there maybe a guide?

Its not possible unless you have a Japanese address. 

They did mention that international buyers would be able to purchase them in July, though. I just double-checked this now. 

Edit: apparently the first batch sold out lightning fast and they were even being scalped on yahoo auctions, even though volks confirmed subsequent batches would happen.

Edited by Monty

Noxxbunny
2 minutes ago, Monty said:

Its not possible unless you have a Japanese address. 

They did mention that international buyers would be able to purchase them in July, though. I just double-checked this now. 

Oh good, that's a relief. I didn't see it mentioned that way. I would have been really disappointed if this was my only shot to get that cute MDD head lol! Guess I'll sit tight until the July sale.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Monty
2 minutes ago, Noxxbunny said:

Oh good, that's a relief. I didn't see it mentioned that way. I would have been really disappointed if this was my only shot to get that cute MDD head lol! Guess I'll sit tight until the July sale.

I for one hope you can get one because I know you’ll do something absolutely adorable with it.

Noxxbunny
10 minutes ago, Monty said:

I for one hope you can get one because I know you’ll do something absolutely adorable with it.

@onion26@Thank you! These heads definitely line up with me stylistically with the flat mouths, so I hope by July I come up with a good concept! The MDD head for sure is reminding me really strongly of a character somewhere in my brain, but it's not coming to me right now lol. 🤔

cfx

Based on pictures from @Yenna in this post, I think DWC-02 looks similar to Kirika, at least from the front. Besides the blank mouth, the ears are clearly different, but the eye shape is very similar and the overall head shape seems to be.

Edited by cfx

Monty

Volks have used DWC head #1 to make a rather adorable MDD Amabie, the anti-plague youkai who has been a social media darling the past two months or so. They posted a SD version a few days back (although she didn’t have the ‘beak’ of course) so I was hoping there’s would be a DD version as well, and apparently lots of other people were too. 

If you click the link you can see a pic of Amabie-chan holding the model version of Amabie (based on the original traditional illustration) made by Volks’s Hobby deptartment.

I really love this how big and cute the DWC1’s eyes are.

Amara77

I need some of the busts to display my heads, it would take up much less room than having all my dolls out on display.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Yumeiro

Yeah, and for body-less heads too! Really like DWC-02
Wish I could buy 'em... 

Satsuki_Yatohji

I managed to get the DWC-01 with a dealer, I think she will be a good friend of my Arle. Cannot wait to see customs for these 2 new heads. Did you find already any?

Sechs
On 4/24/2020 at 10:11 PM, NatsukiP said:

I am personally not too familiar with the frequency of DWC competition. I tried to look for past events bit was only able to track down 2013 and 2015 for Volks under english search terms.

It doesn't happen every year and that's why you only found 2015 and 2013. If you look at the website you linked for this year, you can see a banner with the winners from previous installments.

You can access the previous DWC websites just by changing the year in the url. 2011, 2013, 2015. Can't say for sure but it appears that 2011 was the first installment.

cfx

2011 is about the limit of what Volks has any history online of in general; the oldest Dolpa that still has a page up is Hometown Dolpa Kyoto 8 which was March 2011.

Monty
17 hours ago, Satsuki_Yatohji said:

I managed to get the DWC-01 with a dealer, I think she will be a good friend of my Arle. Cannot wait to see customs for these 2 new heads. Did you find already any?

I decided to search just now and found a few! 

Haven’t seen any of Head2.

• Like 1

Satsuki_Yatohji

Thank you so much @Monty! did you look for any particular tag?

cfx

This one is interesting. The artist emphasized aspects of the eye shape in a way that makes it look somewhat like the DDH-05 head, which is something I don't see at all looking at the blank DWC-02.

I almost never like DDH-05, but I like this. :)

1 hour ago, Singer Yuna said:

5F7C207F-5905-4DDA-8531-FCD4A7CF58E1.jpeg

• Like 1

Monty
9 hours ago, 20blackbags said:

They have blank DWC heads on yahoo auctions if anyone wants to do their own custom face up.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v714485395

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r398260356

AEDDFD5F-A815-44AE-A564-C85CA7675690.jpeg

D31E7A35-CEA5-4F58-95BF-B58A3CA3D89B.jpeg

They’re coming out for international buyers in July, I wouldn’t reward the resellers just yet.

That 2 SingerYuna posted is surprisingly nice, though. I wasn’t really sure about it - and still aren’t fond of the flatness, but it’s well done.

edit: @Satsuki_Yatohji that’s just what I found searching DWCヘッド on twitter, I don’t know what other search terms to use because DWC1 and DWC2 seem to bring up too many unrelated results.

edit2: oh but adding the 0 helps, some DWC02

Edited by Monty