Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
NatsukiP

Dollfie World Cup DD Heads

cfx

14 minutes ago, Monty said:

That first 02 reminds me of Kirito right down to the mouth-way-too-close-to-chin bit. The second one really looks a lot like Alice Kuonji to me, and it's also nice to see the head fron another angle.

Edited by cfx

Monty
3 minutes ago, cfx said:

That first 02 reminds me of Kirito right down to the mouth-way-too-close-to-chin bit. The second one really looks a lot like Alice Kuonji to me, and it's also nice to see the head fron another angle.

Interesting you should say that cos someone also posted a comparison with Kirito.

They mention a difference in skin colour that bothers them...?

• Like 1

cfx
1 minute ago, Monty said:

They mention a difference in skin colour that bothers them...?

It certainly looks different in color in the picture, though I don't know if the bag might be affecting my perception. The DWC-02 looks more pink/less yellow to me.

Whether it's really that different or just an aging thing of very new vs. older vinyl like that difference in semi-white that @foo has mentioned I also have no idea.

NatsukiP
23 hours ago, Sechs said:

It doesn't happen every year and that's why you only found 2015 and 2013. If you look at the website you linked for this year, you can see a banner with the winners from previous installments.

You can access the previous DWC websites just by changing the year in the url. 2011, 2013, 2015. Can't say for sure but it appears that 2011 was the first installment.

Ahh okay, thank you for the info! I was wondering for a while if they held the competition every two years. But seeing as what they show for the past competition I guess there’s no real pattern...😅

Jezrah
1 hour ago, Monty said:

Oh, I actually like the second one. It makes me more tempted to try to purchase the 02 head. I probably wouldn't have the time to paint it for a while, though.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Monty
3 hours ago, Satsuki_Yatohji said:

Seems that Volks now is allowing the sales to overseas customers: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992428659.html

That's earlier than I thought, but I guess July is when the submissions for entries open then?

That's the first time I've seen that little 'overseas' badge too. .....I literally just made an order yesterday and now kinda regret not waiting one more day because it'd be a fun head to practice on, but then again I doubt I would've been able to do much with it myself and wouldn't want someone who actually knows what they're doing to miss out.

Edited by Monty

kalisha

DWC 01 and pink hime wig for me yay, maibe next month i will buy the dwc 02.

jadepixel
On 5/5/2020 at 4:12 AM, Satsuki_Yatohji said:

Seems that Volks now is allowing the sales to overseas customers: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992428659.html

Thanks for the heads up on these! (heh)

I don't know about the contest but I've got some ideas for customizing both heads, plus I grabbed some spare tan parts for my D'Coord too 😄

cfx
2 hours ago, jadepixel said:

I grabbed some spare tan parts for my D'Coord too 😄

Those parts are orderable after all? The top of that Doll Point section says "Sales with in Japan only"  (sic) which I brought up earlier when @Monty mentioned getting tan parts.

jadepixel
1 hour ago, cfx said:

Those parts are orderable after all? The top of that Doll Point section says "Sales with in Japan only"  (sic) which I brought up earlier when @Monty mentioned getting tan parts.

I was able to add them to cart with the website in English mode and checkout - we'll see if my order still goes through! That message is not on any of the item pages so I didn't see it.

• Like 1

cfx

Maybe they changed it and failed to remove that message, because originally there wasn't a way to directly get to those pages when the site was set to English. Originally the top rotating banner didn't show the Doll Point items like it does now if you were viewing in English.

AyaToyBox

So can someone confirm their order accepted ? They being listed but i still doubt they ship them or they also move to DHL shipment like others webstore

Edited by AyaToyBox

Jezrah

I placed an order two days ago that included a DWC 02 head and some of the Doll Point items. My order was accepted, but it hasn't yet been processed and shipped. So far nothing seems to be a problem, though; the order was placed and paid for normally. I am assuming that they will be using DHL to ship, which doesn't bother me.

cfx

I would think it is likely Volks will be at least a little slower than normal to process orders, and in my experience they've taken up to a week even in normal times. If they're having to do the same types of things as in the US with distancing between employees etc. that will have an effect, and according to this page 12 of the 13 Volks stores are currently closed, so online ordering is the only option for Japan customers that would otherwise shop in person. Only Sapporo is open according to this:

https://www.volks.co.jp/cs/news/20200331_01.html

Ylse

Hello! I ordered a dwc01 head (and some face up equips I needed) a few days ago and I got a mail yesterday that it has been send out! 😄 I'm in the Netherlands in case that makes a difference.

• Like 1

Satsuki_Yatohji

Anyone knows for how long the heads will be for sale on Volks website?

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, jadepixel said:

My order with the DWC heads and tan parts shipped today!

@Monty should be happy / sad to hear that.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Jezrah

I got the email that my head and Doll Point items shipped this morning as well. So far I'm unable to track the package, so it must not have been accepted/scanned yet.

Noxxbunny

Volks shipped today for me as well! Got an email and a confirmation from DHL. Says my DWC heads are due to arrive the 14th!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

cfx

There is now a banner image on Volks USA saying that DWC items will be available from them on 05/22 @ 11AM. No further details are shown and items aren't yet listed.

Noxxbunny

Got my heads a day early! They had some extra goodies included, so I'm curious if everyone gets the same stuff. They surely can't have that many buttons from 2009, can they? 😆 I also wish all DD heads came with face covers...I really liked that those were included, even though I'm not entering the DWC. It also came with a 500 yen off coupon which was nice because I realized after that I forgot to order more hands...so that'll help a bit. I can't wait to get started on faceups on these two. Now I'm just waiting on a delivery for my brush on sealant. That'll be interesting.

1614002340_IMG_20200513_165109(2).jpg.e8f49acc276dd4d4823d35734bf99e6a.jpg

• Like 2

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Jezrah

I also received my head today, and had extras in the box. I'm not able to upload a pic just now, but I got the same large 2009 button, a small 10th anniversary pin, and the booklet in my set is from 2011 and features Reisner? -I think is the one eyed SD pirate looking guy. Or maybe that guy was Cecile? I'm not great with the SDs.

Edited by Jezrah