Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

MDD Mochi-Ashi

BeyondTime
On 9/28/2020 at 3:44 PM, darlingdeers said:

should I have expected this long of a wait?

This is not normal, but it may be the result of having to ship out so much stuff in an entirely online model. They also have ship date commitments on the dolls, and that may mean the outfits and other items get pushed back. 

I’m waiting on an order from the 30th. I expect it will ship out sometime this week or next week. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

darlingdeers

FINALLY GOT MY TRACKING NUMBER!!! I'M SO EXCITED!

• Like 1

potpourii
On 9/20/2020 at 7:01 PM, peachies said:

For anyone wondering what DCH-20 with 01 makeup looks like, she is the one on the left! She can look concerned or pouty, depending on the angle and how you part the wig. Makeup 02 is on the left. There is no 03 for this sculpt.

I just received these two girls from my proxy last week, and I am so happy I got them! I was originally on the fence about mochiashi, but they are sooo adorable in person. The DCH20 sculpt is so cute. I'm debating getting a third one in SWS!

I also have the tan girl in a DDP bodysuit. It fits perfectly and doesn't feel too big or stretched out!

spacer.png

Thanks for this photo! Honestly I had a hard time deciding between 20 and 21. I chose 21 in the end because I already have a DDH18 that has that similar expression. I might still get 20 down the line in a different skin tone than my DDH18 ^^

• Like 1

StelSel
On 9/18/2020 at 12:38 AM, Akemi3167 said:

My Mochi ashi came in as well! Yay for tanned chubby bunnies!

She's so cute, which makeup did you go for?

• Like 1

watercolorpastels

Sorry for the lq picture but I got my DCH-21 with M03 makeup yesterday!! She's the absolute light of my life and I love her.

Insert "I've only had her for a day but if anything happened to her I'd kill everyone in this room and then myself" meme lol

20201001_202137.jpg

• Like 12

darlingdeers

My body got here yesterday. The body is so cute and perfect!

20201002_141355.jpg

• Like 12

myownlittleworld

Does anyone have a Rosenlied Holiday Child? Wondering how they compare to the Mochi Ashi body in heigth? They are 39cm, chunky body, booble heads too. LOL 

DaemonNoyz
On 10/2/2020 at 6:14 PM, watercolorpastels said:

Sorry for the lq picture but I got my DCH-21 with M03 makeup yesterday!! She's the absolute light of my life and I love her.

Insert "I've only had her for a day but if anything happened to her I'd kill everyone in this room and then myself" meme lol

20201001_202137.jpg

I need her headband and those shoes 😍 so cute! 

• Like 2

toughstermcg
1 hour ago, myownlittleworld said:

Does anyone have a Rosenlied Holiday Child? Wondering how they compare to the Mochi Ashi body in heigth? They are 39cm, chunky body, booble heads too. LOL 

I have a RL Holiday's Child, but I won't have a mochiashi to compare it until Marisa comes home late 2021 lol. I could take a comparison photo vs. regular MDD but I'm not sure how helpful that is for you.

Edited by toughstermcg
typo
  • Like 1

myownlittleworld
2 hours ago, toughstermcg said:

I have a RL Holiday's Child, but I won't have a mochiashi to compare it until Marisa comes home late 2021 lol. I could take a comparison photo vs. regular MDD but I'm not sure how helpful that is for you.

I have had both RL Holiday and regular MDD in the past. I think the RL may be a little chunkier in the torso but close in height to the Mochi body. I was just curious because I have been regretting selling my RL Holiday and thought it would be fun if they would share with the Mochi body which I want too. >_<

watercolorpastels
6 hours ago, DaemonNoyz said:

I need her headband and those shoes 😍 so cute! 

Thank you so much!!! ;u; Her headband is from this set :), her shoes are secondhand so I'm not sure who originally made them sadly :c

• Like 1

Poofiemus

My order arrived, Asphodel is finally embodied! This picture is a pretty lackluster cell phone shot, but i've been sick all weekend so this is what you're getting lol.

It's so nice for Abby and Asphodel to finally coexist!

1005201705a.jpg

Edited by Poofiemus
  • Like 2

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

jadepixel

My mochi girl arrived! This is my first MDD f-3 body and it feels like a nice upgrade from the previous gen. The wrists are pretty stiff though, and I'm worried about forcing it the wrong way due to the multi-axis wrist joint throwing off my usual posing habits.

ddh21-4327-2.JPG.fe216cbc6cdb227a2d1111d97a039a25.JPG

• Like 14

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, jadepixel said:

The wrists are pretty stiff though, and I'm worried about forcing it the wrong way due to the multi-axis wrist joint throwing off my usual posing habits.

I find it helps to find the axis by bending the wrist and then twisting into position.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Poofiemus
7 hours ago, jadepixel said:

My mochi girl arrived! This is my first MDD f-3 body and it feels like a nice upgrade from the previous gen. The wrists are pretty stiff though, and I'm worried about forcing it the wrong way due to the multi-axis wrist joint throwing off my usual posing habits.

Oh my god I love their outfits. Did you make them, or are they one heck of a lucky score?

And I agree, the Mochi Ashi is my first F3 body too, and it's stiffer than I'm used to. Mine seems particularly firm in the shoulders.

jadepixel

Oh my god I love their outfits. Did you make them, or are they one heck of a lucky score?

Thanks! I got trapped indoors by smokey weather and ended up sewing a bunch of cute outfits 😄 

I find it helps to find the axis by bending the wrist and then twisting into position.

This is the way to go, I just have to retrain my old habit of trying to firmly bend where the old wrist joint would always be. 

Small update - I tried a bunch of MDD shoes on mochi-ashi feet, and the only fits were boots, a pair of low slippers and one pair of bulky Code Noir mary janes. Overall looks like SD-sized shoes are a safer bet- although even some of those were too small- most did a good job of hiding that they were too long for the foot.

• Like 1

potpourii
On 10/6/2020 at 10:41 AM, jadepixel said:

Those outfits are too adorable! Like a little magical girl witch academy club xD 💕

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, jadepixel said:

most did a good job of hiding that they were too long for the foot.

This is definitely where I think Volks needs to commit to making proper outfits for the bodies the produce. You shouldn’t have to use shoes that are too long because the shoes with the right length aren’t wide enough. 

19 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

Seconded, those are some serious skills. 

Poofiemus

Just tried some shoes in my own collection. 

Dollheart sandals I have are firmly a no-go, as are cute white platforms I got on Ali Express and a pair of hiking boots I got at a doll show. 

In the maybe pile there are high top sneakers, I think with some serious unlacing and some maneuvering they would work. I'm just too lazy for it right now.

In the "works" pile we have: a pair of pink Volks platforms from 2016 that were a weird size to begin with--too small for DD but too loose on the OG MDD. Nice they finally have a place that works.

And perhaps most unexpectedly, a pair of Azone heels I have fit PERFECTLY. I should probably have her try the Azone boots I have for further science, but 1, they're knee high on an Obi 50, probably like thigh high on an MDD, and 2, Homura refuses to share them.

I think I might need to get more Azone shoes. If they don't work on Asphodel's Mochi Ashi feet Homura can always use them.

EDIT: THESE ARE THE ONES THAT FIT https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10543677

Now to find another Azone pair to be my guinea pig for further testing. . . 

Edited by Poofiemus

monkeypizzasonic

Mochi bodies are up for sale on the Volks USA site!

(I might snag one myself at some point (or wait and see if there's a cute ddh21 mochi around next time I'm in Japan).)

donpablo

I am really close in ordering the body.  The thicker thighs are a selling point that is hard to resist.

Moon-to-Starlight

Big oof! I broke down and bought this cute body so quickly after getting the email. I can’t wait to see it in person! 

myownlittleworld
On 10/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, Moon-to-Starlight said:

Big oof! I broke down and bought this cute body so quickly after getting the email. I can’t wait to see it in person! 

I kept going back and forth about getting one. I thought I would just casually check the Volks USA site on the 9th before the email went out and was surprised to see them availble to purchase so.......Mine came today. LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cydril

I just put in for a DDDH10 on Mochiashi body at Volks USA 🥰 Ive been saving since I first saw the body lol.

@myownlittleworld , I dont have a Holiday child, but I have a couple other resin dolls in that scale, so I can take comparison pics with those if you want.

@jadepixel , those outfits are amazing!! I love how mochiashi doesn't look weird next to regular MDD, just a bit small and chubby.

Moon-to-Starlight
On 10/16/2020 at 3:26 PM, myownlittleworld said:

I kept going back and forth about getting one. I thought I would just casually check the Volks USA site on the 9th before the email went out and was surprised to see them availble to purchase so.......Mine came today. LOL 

Mine just came in today and I am smitten! I cannot wait till I am feeling a bit better and I can take some pics!

• Like 3