Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

MDD Mochi-Ashi

frollywoggy
On 10/19/2021 at 10:57 AM, forged_in_mess said:

Hey guys! 

I am super inexperienced with ordering mdd, and I really like Mochi Ashi bodies, could you maybe advise me how to get my hands on one in Europe or how to handle it? 

For Mochi Ashi, you could use a proxy to get one via Dream Choice, or you could buy a Mochi Ashi body off of the Volks site and find a head that you like to go with it. (In case you're not familiar with Dream Choice, here's Jadepixel's guide and it explains everything a lot better than I could. https://www.jadepixeldoll.com/dream-choice-guide/ )

Edited by Frollywoggy

"And after the artist has been long gone, turned to dust, the art remains." -Spiritfarer

Misuka
12 hours ago, forged_in_mess said:

Hey guys! 

I am super inexperienced with ordering mdd, and I really like Mochi Ashi bodies, could you maybe advise me how to get my hands on one in Europe or how to handle it? 

You can order directly off of the volks japanese site, it has an english option, and they ship to europe.

9 hours ago, MoriWitch said:

Is it bad I just got my first mochi ashi last month and already want to get a friend for her?

This is usually why people say it is impossible to get just one. @onion24@

• Like 1

forged_in_mess
10 hours ago, Momomochi said:

I've never owned a vinyl doll before, so take all of the below info with a grain of salt. This is what I've heard from others and I'm passing it on to you.

For Mochi Ashi, you could use a proxy to get one via Dream Choice, or you could buy a Mochi Ashi body off of the Volks site and find a head that you like to go with it. (In case you're not familiar with Dream Choice, here's Jadepixel's guide and it explains everything a lot better than I could. https://www.jadepixeldoll.com/dream-choice-guide/ ) (Also, I'm not sure if these options would be different or not available in Europe, but I don't think that should affect anything. I'd still seek advice from someone who could give you a definite answer though, because I'm not 100% certain.)

Also about the handling part, vinyl dolls seem pretty easy to handle. The advice I've heard about that is to 1, get used to treating/cleaning stains because vinyl stains pretty easily, 2, store them in a cool and dry place away from UV light if possible, and 3, don't leave them in dark/colorful clothing for too long, especially without a bodysuit.

Like I said before, I've never owned a vinyl doll, and I'm probably not the best person to give advice about this, but here you go, I hope it helps!

Thank you! 

I meant how to handle this proxy situation if I have to (sorry for being unclear😅🙏🏻

As far as I can see, the choice option is only available in the retail locations and I won't probably travel to Japan any time soon sadly 😅

Anyone ordered from volks website directly to Europe? Do you know how much the shipping i should anticipate? 

Vickie386

I seem to be starting almost all my posts with, "This is probably a stupid question...", but I'm still pretty new to vinyl dolls and am full of what seem to me like stupid questions!   

Anyway, I just bought a Mochi Ashi body because I had to have her -- the Volks site said there were only a few left. I'm guessing they'll restock when they're gone but I went ahead and bought her anyway.

My question is does anyone have suggestions for a head?  I know I could by a blank head but I'm not ready to try and do my own face-up.  I could buy a blank head and send her out to a face-up artist, but not sure about that either. I've also seen a few people buy a DDP or MDD and put their heads on Mochi bodies.  But then you're left with another headless body, and that's obviously a lot more expensive than buying a blank head and sending it out for a face-up.

What to do, what to do.

Thanks to anyone who might have some good suggestions. It will be much appreciated!

Even suggestions on face-up artists in the US if buying a blank head is my best option. 

Happy holidays!!

battrastard

"The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask". 

On this forum, it's OK to ask. 

When you get enough posts to open up the "Marketplace", there are usually random heads for sale, along with "Fullsets", 

(meaning complete dolls. Outfits, wigs, everything that came with her.) 

There's also clothes and accessories, too... 

Just a random comment here and there ("Wow! She's cute" "Love her eyes!") whatever you want.... It all adds up!

Edited by battrastard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Vickie386
1 hour ago, battrastard said:

"The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask". 

On this forum, it's OK to ask. 

When you get enough posts to open up the "Marketplace", there are usually random heads for sale, along with "Fullsets", 

(meaning complete dolls. Outfits, wigs, everything that came with her.) 

There's also clothes and accessories, too... 

Just a random comment here and there ("Wow! She's cute" "Love her eyes!") whatever you want.... It all adds up!

Thanks!!!  I did not think of that.  Great idea. 

• Like 1

Misuka
4 hours ago, Vickie386 said:

My question is does anyone have suggestions for a head?

You have so many options it is almost overwhelming. My best suggestion is to start looking and figure out what sculpts you want. Once you learn the terminology for search terms and the like a lot of options will become more apparent and many heads show up for sale. It would be easier at this moment to narrow down exactly what you are looking for.

• Like 1

Tira
18 hours ago, Vickie386 said:

I seem to be starting almost all my posts with, "This is probably a stupid question...", but I'm still pretty new to vinyl dolls and am full of what seem to me like stupid questions!   

Anyway, I just bought a Mochi Ashi body because I had to have her -- the Volks site said there were only a few left. I'm guessing they'll restock when they're gone but I went ahead and bought her anyway.

My question is does anyone have suggestions for a head?  I know I could by a blank head but I'm not ready to try and do my own face-up.  I could buy a blank head and send her out to a face-up artist, but not sure about that either. I've also seen a few people buy a DDP or MDD and put their heads on Mochi bodies.  But then you're left with another headless body, and that's obviously a lot more expensive than buying a blank head and sending it out for a face-up.

What to do, what to do.

Thanks to anyone who might have some good suggestions. It will be much appreciated!

Even suggestions on face-up artists in the US if buying a blank head is my best option. 

Happy holidays!!

As well as the Marketplace here, you can try Mandarake; they usually have plenty of "floating heads," whether from fullsets or standard heads that have been painted. The price on the latter can very wildly based on which artist painted them. 

ShiNes is a face-up artist who provides standard heads and just includes the price of it in the cost. They're located in China rather than the US, but you don't have to ship anything to them. 

• Like 2

Vickie386
14 minutes ago, Tira said:

As well as the Marketplace here, you can try Mandarake; they usually have plenty of "floating heads," whether from fullsets or standard heads that have been painted. The price on the latter can very wildly based on which artist painted them. 

ShiNes is a face-up artist who provides standard heads and just includes the price of it in the cost. They're located in China rather than the US, but you don't have to ship anything to them. 

Thanks for the link - that's awesome!

Vickie386

32 minutes ago, Tira said:

So, am I correct in thinking that any DDH head will fit on a Mochi-ashi body?  I have several Smart Dolls but Volks dolls are totally new to me. I bought my first a couple of months ago - DDS Idolmaster Yuriko Nanao - and I adore her.  Scared to death to pull her head off and try it on the Mochi-ashi body to see how or if it will work!!!!

ChrisFhey
6 minutes ago, Vickie386 said:

So, am I correct in thinking that any DDH head will fit on a Mochi-ashi body?  I have several Smart Dolls but Volks dolls are totally new to me. I bought my first a couple of months ago - DDS Idolmaster Yuriko Nanao - and I adore her.  Scared to death to pull her head off and try it on the Mochi-ashi body to see how or if it will work!!!!

Yes, any Dollfie head would fit on a MDD, but some of them would look a little out of place. I think out of the commonly available heads, the DDH-01 and DDH-10 (which is on my Miura) suit the MDD body best.

Vickie386
4 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

Yes, any Dollfie head would fit on a MDD, but some of them would look a little out of place. I think out of the commonly available heads, the DDH-01 and DDH-10 (which is on my Miura) suit the MDD body best.

Thanks so much.  Super helpful!

Monty

Adding that of the readily available blank heads, 22 and 27 are two more recent additions that are also intended for MDD bodies. While searching you may also see something called DWC1, this was a head distributed for a limited time and is also good for MDDs. It’s actually the same as 22, but with the mouth sanded flat.

On that note 27 is the same as 17 but with a flat mouth. (17 itself is an exclusive Dream Choice head you can’t get separate. 

Note that a lot of the DDDH01s you might find have been heavily modded with sanded flat mouths and/or enlarged eyes and reshaped chins. This is because back in the day, 1 was the most suitable head for the MDD body but on its own it can look a little dated, so the customs sprung up for variety and to make a more modern anime look. The newer MDD heads have a more modern anime look but 01 customs are still popular to this day. The flat mouth also means any expression can be drawn, and it can make a cute ‘chibi’ kind of look which is popular and hence why there are newer heads that are already flat.

My advice to help narrow down what you want is to decide whether you want a sculpted mouth or not. If yes: unmodded 1, 10 or 22, if no: modded 1(/etc), DWC1, 27.

I also recommend searching places like Instagram to see examples of the sculpts, tags like ddh01, ddh01custom, ddh22 etc, which can also help you make a decision.

• Like 2

ChrisFhey
5 hours ago, Monty said:

Adding that of the readily available blank heads, 22 and 27 are two more recent additions that are also intended for MDD bodies.

Cheers! I want aware those were targeted at MDD.

babybluebunnyboy

Hihi!
I'm currently awaiting to buy an MDD and an MDD Mochi-ashi come the time I can afford it!
I'm still quite new to Dollfie Dreams, and I've owned a smart doll for about 5 years, but Mochis body type has really been testing my knowledge :,)

I wanted to ask if anyone knew what heads DONT really fit MDD bodies/neck peg. I heard a few things about some heads fit weird and they bobble because of it. That would be incredibly frustrating to find out after purchase! If anyone knows exactly which heads I should look out for, it would mean a whole bunch to me!

And, if anyone knows what parts I should look for in 1/3 sizing for Mochi's body type (like socks I heard are best in 1/3 for their chubby feet and calves)
Any advice about these babies I'd appreciate!!

Anyalecter

Has anyone tried any of the more 'mature' looking heads with a Mochi-ashi body? 

I usually see DDH-10s on DD bodys so I was curious to know if anyone had done something like that! 

Xiongmao

My MDD is a DD-H-21. She has small elf ears but I really want those ears that droop down. They are super cute. If you want elf ears then go for a head that is compatible with them.

Here's Misaki with [almost] her original outfit. The seller sold the outfit to somebody else but I managed to find all the components and recreate it. The rollerskates are awesome - they're a bit of a tight squeeze though.

spacer.png

Misaki is now wearing a D'Coord outfit which came with the shoes that fit her perfectly.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.