Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Selenae

TinyFox Dolls!

Selenae

Hello, hello! I couldn't find a thread anywhere for TinyFox, so I figured I would start one. TinyFox is a branch-off sister company of DollZone and Doll Chateau, and this new company specializes in 30cm (1/6 scale) vinyl dolls. It looks like these dolls are similar to DDs/SmD/Obitsu with an internal skeleton, removeable wigs/eyes, and they even make boys! The heads all have painted-on mouths, but there are several different eye/chin/ear sculpts. They are only available through Taobao, it seems. Here's their webstore:

https://shop182022756.world.taobao.com/

And two body charts, spoiler-ed so I don't clog up the thread:

Spoiler

The three body types: Left - female, middle - angel (genderless), and right - boy:

O1CN01ovedTD20i0KMjRn1v_!!2200606766882.

The body measurements chart (minus eyes, these are 16mm-18mm depending on the sculpt):

O1CN01TcBbgf20i0KWDf7u9_!!2200606766882.

Does anyone else own one of these dolls? I have a Sakura Academy girl on the way, and it would be nice to discuss clothes and accessories while sharing our dolls! 🥰

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Singer Yuna

I tried to Google them after I fell in love with @Ylses little one, but it wasn't successful so I'm happy you provided the taobao link thanks ^^

I want to see tinyfox dolls photospam here, they're so lovely ^^

• Like 2

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

OccultBeast

Oh no, a DZ/DC company that makes vinyl dolls!  I was always weak for DZ/DC sculpts when I was still in the BJD hobby, so this doesn't bode well for me 😂  Some of them are really stinking cute, too!  Thank you for sharing the link!  Like Yuna I also tried to look them up, but didn't have much luck.

• Like 1

Selenae

@Singer Yuna @OccultBeast You're both very welcome! Yeah, just like you guys, I became curious after seeing @Ylse's Maru, like @Monty. And, well, I think I may be in trouble here. They're all so super cute! I did have a hard time choosing between the three Sakura Academy girls, but ultimately I wound up choosing this girl:

O1CN01ycBOpA20i0KTFvk1c_!!2200606766882.png.eec3920e6ee70eb3114642e37927ea00.png

I'm going to name her Chisa. I don't have a doll with a cute pouty expression like this right now, so she'll be a nice change from my smiling girls. And then I'll probably have to get her a friend later on, because we all know how they like to multiply. 😆

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 2

Monty

These are mega cute and I’m very very interested, so definitely post about what clothes fit etc. From just the images they seem like they’d be too stocky for Azone stuff but not stocky enough for typical YoSD stuff.

edit: I remember seeing that Miku collab one a while back but because of the Dollzone name I assumed she was resin!

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Jezrah

Ahhh, I always wanted a doll in this size range, but I prefer vinyls. This is exciting news! I've never shopped on Taobao before, so I'll have to do some research.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Selenae

@Monty I actually don't have any 1/6 scale clothing at the moment, so when Chisa does arrive she'll stay in her full set for quite some time. I suspect these dolls are in-between a slim, mature yo-sd and the chunkier more infantile yo-sd, so finding perfect-fitting clothes might be a challenge.

@Jezrah TinyFox has actually been around for over a year! They're really popular amongst customizers; instagram is loaded with cute face-ups and mods galore. Oh, and I highly recommend Spreenow as a proxy. I've been using them for years, and they're very easy to use, and very affordable, too.

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 1

Ylse

I first saw them on twitter and thought: cuuuteeee! So I had to get one. And actually waiting for the little elf one too (who sold out quite quick 🥺). 

I must say for their prize the quality feels good! The vinyl is smooth and feels very soft. Softer in comparison with DD. It did however have quite a chemical smell when I opened the package 😒 I don't really notice it anymore but it is a way stronger smell in comparison to the vinyl smell of DD's. 

There are shops on taobao that sell yosd/usd clothes where they have Tinyfox in their measurement charts. Ofcourse some clothes can be a bit more tighter or loose fitting. 

I need to take some more pictures but what amazes me is the moveabillity and poseabillity! Like you can bend the feet/knees all the way back that she is able to sit "japanese style". Same goes for the arms too. I bought an extra hand pack with her and the hands are really easy to remove. No fighting with hairblowers ro soften up the vinyl! (Looking at you MDD hands 😒)

I'll take some pics later today showcasing that. I have some bad unboxing pics too but not that much light LOL

Here is a close up of the face after I just put in her eyes. You have to do that yourself but blue tac was included.

20200701_132921.jpg

• Like 5

Ylse

Sorry for the double post but I took some pictures and wanted to share them with you all :3

I'm gonna put everything in the spoiler tag (hope that works) so as not to clog up everything hehe.

These are some I just took with my phone so sorry if the quality isn't superb 😶

Spoiler

Okay so first hand options!

hands.jpg.8135d9d03e9fe471d1a650a9718437c5.jpg

So far there is only one hand option pack containing your ''standard'' rock, paper, scissors hands (or fist, wavy hand and peace sign lol)

When unpacking these I found some had tiny stains on them, maybe these can be removed but I also ordered another hand pack to go with the second doll so we'll see if those have the same problem.

The hands can be easily changed by just pulling them off (be gentle though with your girl :) )

This is what it looks like with the hand pulled off:

518281264_handstubbie.jpg.bd08474c27dd3a402c44a42aa08df5f4.jpg

And inside the hand:

(sorry for my dry hands, washing and using alcohol at your job does this 😰)

1088551070_insidehand.jpg.ccdfe29240932844b7a4ea78120b7593.jpg

Now for the arm joint and moveability

The picture below shows the elbow joint as seen from the front

481827976_armjoint1.jpg.babac6ec138f22cfa5573d2ec01e8a29.jpg

Next picture shows it from the back

1349129554_armjoint2.jpg.281cea01a467b78802187f4e6a1987a2.jpg

And bending!

1990604363_armbend.jpg.7a314c5900aef1ad49fec452d6662cad.jpg

As you can see it can bend quite far!

Here is how the joint looks while the arm is bended:

547494385_armbendjoint.jpg.08f81fbc43b3751e69343d3b95a4b6ca.jpg

Now one thing I noticed later on is that while the arms and legs can bend quite far, the turning is a bit... less? Maybe I was a bit too careful but the arm didn't seem to turn that well at the shoulder point.

Onto the leg knee bending! Her legs also tend to be able to bend quite far back and forward, you could almost let her do a high kick if you want LOL

1147030501_legbend.jpg.d0fca355415a08615c214c2a9ea9a145.jpg

It bends quite far, which makes you able to do things like this:

1183792386_sittingpose.jpg.ced78f26a0610b5356eaaffa819b3d58.jpg

This is how far I was daring to go for now haha, she sits quite stable like this!

So then you can do cute poses~

385354118_poseexample.jpg.dae0e4f14f292d84b39ad0666a37b8f0.jpg

And finally a size comparison photo!

Starting on the left and going right: Obitsu11, Pure Neemo, Tinyfox and Mini Dollfie Dream!

1718629950_sizecomparison.jpg.93478892cb58d2ea7c47801a3961e8b6.jpg

I feel like the size of these dolls is quite nice, not too big and not too small. MDD was always a nice size for mee. I only got one Pure Neemo and Obitsu and while they are cute, also sometimes feel finicky and delicate because of their size. Or I'm just too careful >.< I do know my Obitsu's arms tend to fall off so uuh... I got most problem posing that one LOL. Posing Maru was just as easy as posing one of my MDD.

That's it for now! I hope this gave everyone a bit more info about these dolls and maybe you will get one too 😄 (note: I do not represent the Tinyfox brand I just love dolls a lot and want to share the love wahahaha 😂)

(And now to pray that everything will neatly go inside the spoiler box while I press submit 😅)

• Like 8

OccultBeast
14 hours ago, Selenae said:

@Singer Yuna @OccultBeast You're both very welcome! Yeah, just like you guys, I became curious after seeing @Ylse's Maru, like @Monty. And, well, I think I may be in trouble here. They're all so super cute! I did have a hard time choosing between the three Sakura Academy girls, but ultimately I wound up choosing this girl:

O1CN01ycBOpA20i0KTFvk1c_!!2200606766882.png.eec3920e6ee70eb3114642e37927ea00.png

I'm going to name her Chisa. I don't have a doll with a cute pouty expression like this right now, so she'll be a nice change from my smiling girls. And then I'll probably have to get her a friend later on, because we all know how they like to multiply. 😆

This was the one I was most drawn to, too!  I think her faceup is just so precious and the purple-y lashes look beautiful with the blue eyes.  I can't wait to see your photos of her whenever she arrives!

• Like 1

Selenae

@OccultBeast She's super cute, isn't she? I'm very excited, I can't wait for her to arrive! I'll post a full unboxing and whatnot so you guys know what to expect.

@Ylse Aaaah, thank you so much for the photos, I really appreciate it! The pose-ability is amazing, and the size is perfect. Not too big, not too small. She'll be a perfect desk buddy! 🥰

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome

These are so so so so cute, and I love their size! Is there anything special when it comes to ordering on Taobao (as in, is the price on the TB listing the actual price of the doll or is it a deposit?) or can I just order via a proxy? I do have a couple things in my Spreenow cart at the moment that I've been wanting......lol 

Edited by Serena-Hime

Ylse
1 hour ago, Serena-Hime said:

These are so so so so cute, and I love their size! Is there anything special when it comes to ordering on Taobao (as in, is the price on the TB listing the actual price of the doll or is it a deposit?) or can I just order via a proxy? I do have a couple things in my Spreenow cart at the moment that I've been wanting......lol 

Probably take a good look if it's the full set doll or only the body/head/hand options. Only the body is like 60-70 dollars if I remember corrently and the full set doll of the blond elf girl was 120 dollars. This is the full price of which I also thought: way cheaper than MDD! 🤣 it might take some time for the doll to arrive in the warehouse, last thing I read about is that it takes around 45 days for them to put everything together, face up, clothes etc. But for people used to long pre-orders 45 days might not be that long 😄

Mizuumi-no-Otome
7 minutes ago, Ylse said:

Probably take a good look if it's the full set doll or only the body/head/hand options. Only the body is like 60-70 dollars if I remember corrently and the full set doll of the blond elf girl was 120 dollars. This is the full price of which I also thought: way cheaper than MDD! 🤣 it might take some time for the doll to arrive in the warehouse, last thing I read about is that it takes around 45 days for them to put everything together, face up, clothes etc. But for people used to long pre-orders 45 days might not be that long 😄

Oh yeah that's correct then! I was just shocked at the price of a fullset doll and wondered if it was a mistake lol, not only is that cheap for a vinyl but it's also VERY cheap when you consider the costs of Yo-sized resins and even DC/DZ prices for their resins. 

I'm deffo gonna have to grab one of these!

• Like 1

Ylse

I thought that the first time too but after looking at other people's photo's I was like: gonna try it! And I don't regret getting Maru at all! Now they just need to not bring out many more cuties 😆 I'm already waiting for elf-chan but with this size and cuteness I can already see them multiplying 😳😱😂

I also got a sewing book for  1/6 scale dolls (the new hanon arrangement one) and might just see if the Tinyfox measurements fall in one of the categories for clothes making 🤔

• Like 1

Selenae

@Ylse I know, right? These cuties are so affordable it almost feels like highway robbery. $135 USD for my Chisa is an absolute steal, and for a fullset, no less!

Edit: I just noticed that your Maru and my Chisa both have tiny bunny faces in their eyes! That's such a cute detail, I can't handle it. 😭

Edited by Selenae

Ylse
13 hours ago, Selenae said:

@Ylse I know, right? These cuties are so affordable it almost feels like highway robbery. $135 USD for my Chisa is an absolute steal, and for a fullset, no less!

Edit: I just noticed that your Maru and my Chisa both have tiny bunny faces in their eyes! That's such a cute detail, I can't handle it. 😭

Yes the bunnies inside the eyes are so cute! I noticed with Maru's eyes they also sparkle a bit when light hits them @onion24@

Azael

Oh goodness! These dolls are too cute to pass up... I think I found my next doll! 😍

Selenae

Sorry for the long wait, guys! I was just sent this by a Spreenow agent today:jyxzbakpghnrd000.jpg.0e595132833473ef1f91afb04321823e.jpg

I'm so excited; I can't wait to get her!!

• Like 3

OccultBeast
38 minutes ago, Selenae said:

Sorry for the long wait, guys! I was just sent this by a Spreenow agent today:

She's so cute, even still in the packaging!  Also can we talk about how cute the little bags are, too?!  I hope she makes it home super quick so you can put her all together and show her off!

Ylse

My elf-chan is also at the agent but I want to order some sewing stuff too so I will send it as 1 package later lol 😅

Also there will be a release of some new cuties with very cute cat face ups (like the upper part of the eye face up is a cat if you look closely)

Some photo's on their weibo page:

https://m.weibo.cn/u/6882722395?uid=6882722395&luicode=10000011&lfid=231522type%3D1%26t%3D10%26q%3D%23tinyfox%23

And a picture of the 2:

007vNcvxgy1ghweg0bg0qj30xc0xcn7u.jpg

• Like 3

OccultBeast

Oh no those are SO CUTE o|<

kino

omg they are adorable! if anyone got to try yet, what size clothes would they wear (as in similar size doll clothes for easier clothing hunt)? 

Ylse
23 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

Oh no those are SO CUTE o|<

I know right?! Especially the brunette LOL. Also this picture features 2 heads but on the product page there is also a third head 😋