Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Selenae

TinyFox Dolls!

Selenae

Ahhhh, these new heads are so cute! I'm very smitten with the blondie. Agh. Also, I paid for my girl's shipping today, so fingers crossed she arrives soon!

AnjoRaivando

I wonder if anyone would be doing a hosted group order for these or something- I'm SO afraid to use taobao, but I LOVE these little dolls!

• Like 1

Azael

That's a really good idea. It's been AGES since I've used Taobao and I don't think the go-between I had used is still operating. XD

Riesz

Don't be afraid to use Taobao!  It's really not that difficult when you use Google Chrome and auto translate.  Some sellers will ship to you directly but for others Taobao offers an in-house consolidation warehouse that is MUCH cheaper than using a proxy.

I just placed an order for this cutie pie.  I contacted the shop on Taobao and they do direct shipping to USA through EMS or DHL!

Annotation 2020-08-29 140936.jpg

• Like 1

Selenae

My Chisa is home! I haven't had the chance to put her together yet, but I am super smitten with her, oh my god. Her faceup is exactly like the photos, it's so perfect. Honestly, I am blown away by the quality, especially considering the price. And she is surprisingly heavy for her height, too.

• Like 3

AnjoRaivando
On 8/29/2020 at 3:12 PM, Riesz said:

Don't be afraid to use Taobao!  It's really not that difficult when you use Google Chrome and auto translate.  Some sellers will ship to you directly but for others Taobao offers an in-house consolidation warehouse that is MUCH cheaper than using a proxy.

I just placed an order for this cutie pie.  I contacted the shop on Taobao and they do direct shipping to USA through EMS or DHL!

Annotation 2020-08-29 140936.jpg

CONGRATS ON THIS PRECIOUS BBY! Maybe I will buck up and try to order through TaoBao next paycheck <3 these darling little dolls are so cute!

• Like 1

Ylse
On 8/31/2020 at 8:26 PM, Selenae said:

My Chisa is home! I haven't had the chance to put her together yet, but I am super smitten with her, oh my god. Her faceup is exactly like the photos, it's so perfect. Honestly, I am blown away by the quality, especially considering the price. And she is surprisingly heavy for her height, too.

I really like how they have a bit of weight with them. Makes them feels less vulnerable 😆 

I need to order some snap buttons and stuff but after that I will send the little elf here 😁

monkeypizzasonic

I'm looking at the Taobao site right now, but auto-translate doesn't seem to be working for me for some reason...it says it's translated, but nothing's changed?

Riesz
13 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I'm looking at the Taobao site right now, but auto-translate doesn't seem to be working for me for some reason...it says it's translated, but nothing's changed?

Are you using Chrome?  If so, you can try to enable auto translation on the icon in the address bar.  If that doesn't work, you might be able to right click on the webpage and select "translate to english"

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic
8 hours ago, Riesz said:

Are you using Chrome?  If so, you can try to enable auto translation on the icon in the address bar.  If that doesn't work, you might be able to right click on the webpage and select "translate to english"

That worked, thanks!

Noxxbunny
On 8/29/2020 at 2:12 PM, Riesz said:

Do you need an account with Taobao to message them? I'm guessing they speak some English then? I'm really struggling to understand any of the listings even with google translate 😅 Like I have no idea what any of these options mean lol. I was looking for one that was head and body, but I'm unsure what gets me a fullset and what doesn't.

818795772_Screenshot_2020-09-04Tinyfoxtwo-dimensionalmechanicaljointmalebabyXiLuobjddollgenuine6-pointprimebodydolldo....png.3da97bc2faba156891c173386636dcb5.png

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Riesz

@Noxxbunny Here is a handy website and guide about ordering on Taobao and making an account etc. https://www.howtotao.com/how-to-register-a-taobao-account/

There is a special chat client called AliWangWang for contacting Taobao shops.  Here is a page about it https://dodri0.tumblr.com/post/101239021220/how-to-use-aliwangwang-to-chat-with-taobao-sellers/amp

Here is the download page for AliWangWang chat client. https://wangwang.taobao.com/

Once you have it installed, log in with your Taobao username and just click the little blue blob on the shop page to open a chat window with the seller.

I typically use Google translate to copy-paste some beginning messages with the sellers in Chinese, but after I mentioned being a foreign customer the Tiny Fox shop began messaging me in English.

Annotation 2020-09-04 145445.jpg

Edited by Riesz
  • Like 2

Riesz

Also selecting these options looks like the full set but you could try messaging the seller just to be sure.

Annotation 2020-09-04 150639.jpg

Noxxbunny

Thank you! That guide really helped! It seems like they were sold out of just the head, so I went ahead and ordered his fullset since it seemed to be the option in stock and I didn't want him to sell out like a lot of the others. 🥰

I can't wait to get him! He'll be my birthday gift this year, so I won't open him until early November. 😆 But I'm very excited!

• Like 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Ylse

Congrats!! 😆 It's nice to see more people getting a Tinyfox, they are so cute 🥺

I took Maru with me on a photo spree at the park wednesday, these dolls are a nice size to take with you. Also the Volks dinosaur raincoat set for yosd fits very good! Maybe a teeny bit on the large side but it only makes it look even cuter~ the rainboots also fit nicely!

• Like 1

toufufu

I just got mine today! I named her Nayu <3

I've ordered the fullset Sakura Apricot and requested for blue eyes instead of the orange one ^^

spacer.png

Edited by toufufu
  • Like 6

ladyshi

Does anyone know any Taobao stores that do Tinyfox sized outfits/wigs? I'm so tempted to order one 😍

Ylse
On 9/8/2020 at 4:40 PM, ladyshi said:

Does anyone know any Taobao stores that do Tinyfox sized outfits/wigs? I'm so tempted to order one 😍

I did order some shoes for my MDD's and saw someone in the reviews getting the 1/6 size for their tinyfox. Currently at work and on mobile but I will post the link to that taobao shop later. Haven't ordered from them before but the shoes look really nice in the review photo's!

Also I found the Volks raincoat set for yosd to be a very cute on Maru if you like something like that 😆

Edit: this is the taobao shop for the shoes~!

https://lost-valhalla.world.taobao.com/

The kind of retro ones that are also in a dark green: in the review section there is a photo of someone's tinyfox wearing them in a yellow colour

Edited by Ylse
  • Like 1

ButtonsMcGee
On 7/4/2020 at 11:32 PM, Selenae said:

@Jezrah TinyFox has actually been around for over a year! They're really popular amongst customizers; instagram is loaded with cute face-ups and mods galore. Oh, and I highly recommend Spreenow as a proxy. I've been using them for years, and they're very easy to use, and very affordable, too.

How would one contact this proxy? I found one of these little cuties that I've absolutely fallen in love with and I've never gone through a proxy before. ;w;

Noxxbunny
On 9/20/2020 at 5:13 PM, ButtonsMcGee said:

How would one contact this proxy? I found one of these little cuties that I've absolutely fallen in love with and I've never gone through a proxy before. ;w;

You luckily don't need a proxy for just TinyFox at least, Riesz mentioned above they ship direct to the US so it'll save you the proxy fees and extra shipping cost. 😄 I'm still waiting on my boy...but they haven't messaged me or cancelled my order, so it seems to be going fine.

Anyone see their new girl too? I'm not crazy about red, but she has such a cute faceup!

O1CN01Itu8Ms20i0LT3mzzG_!!2200606766882.jpg

• Like 2

ButtonsMcGee
1 hour ago, Noxxbunny said:

You luckily don't need a proxy for just TinyFox at least, Riesz mentioned above they ship direct to the US so it'll save you the proxy fees and extra shipping cost. 😄 I'm still waiting on my boy...but they haven't messaged me or cancelled my order, so it seems to be going fine.

Anyone see their new girl too? I'm not crazy about red, but she has such a cute faceup!

O1CN01Itu8Ms20i0LT3mzzG_!!2200606766882.jpg

Ah that's so exciting to hear! Thanks for letting me know. 

I hope your boy gets to you safely. 

Oh she's really cute!

Noxxbunny

Well seems I jinxed that one...Would anyone happen to have a way to get into contact with TinyFox outside Taobao? ._. They banned me for no reason(I literally made the account, verified it, bought and paid for my boy and have done nothing with the account since) and now I can't see the status of my order anymore. It's not refunded, so I assume it's still happening but I just want to let them know what's going on and to confirm I still want my order. Apparently account freezing can't be undone, so I'm stuck here.

Edit: Someone nice on IG got me in touch with them! Tinyfox has been really understanding about the whole thing, and I'm still getting my boy whenever he's done! (Still no idea why I was banned but I have the sneaking suspicion that it's probably because I use a VPN regularly and forgot to turn it off every single time I used Taobao...but I'll never know for sure lol)

Edited by Noxxbunny

bluepita

These dolls are so adorable! I've been hoping for a vinyl doll in 1/6 size, and then I found this thread. I'm a little nervous about ordering from TaoBao, because i never have before. I'm really considering the girl in red, I don't love her outfit, but that face is so sweet. Does anyone know how they compare to a 1/6 resin doll, like the Luts Honey Delf? 

Moon-to-Starlight

Oh, no! I’ve never seen these before and now I’m going to have to figure out how to order from Taobao! They are so cute!