Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Selenae

TinyFox Dolls!

monkeypizzasonic

Wow, that sucks. Definitely sticking to using a dealer.

(There are probably Taobao dealers out there who won't hike the price up as much...but again, me lazy.)

(Maybe TinyFox will get popular enough that more dealers will start picking them up? It seems weird that they're not on Dollzone/Dollzone dealer's websites despite being part of the company.)

Selenae

@Noxxbunny Oh my god, I am so sorry this happened to you. I've always used SpreeNow (a proxy, highly recommended.) for the past 7 years because of horror stories similar to yours when trying to go directly through Taobao. I am happy to hear that TinyFox tried to make things right even though they failed, though.

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 1

Orenjiina

Oh gosh! I’m so sorry to hear that as well. Thank you for the warning. I’ve only just started to dabble in Taobao shopping so this is very good to know. I’m so sorry you had to experience though. I wish these dolls were easier to get ahold of. I could easily see expanding my collection with a few of these.

• Like 1

Noxxbunny

Thank you everyone, I hope one day more dealers will pick them up as well. Maybe I'll be ready to try to get another by that point. The whole thing really soured my excitement about them 😢

It was just incredibly frustrating for them to have refused to take payment from Tinyfox and at the same to also refuse to send the doll back to them(because ordering the item back to the seller can OF COURSE only be done through the account of the buyer, makes perfect sense 🙄)

But they came out with a tan skin tone I really wanted (I was actually planning on painting the boy I had ordered into a custom tone anyway) so I hope eventually I can buy one of those dolls.

• Like 2

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

monkeypizzasonic

I hope you manage to get one someday @Noxxbunny, they really are quite fun. I'd like to get a tan one myself at some point.

Misuka

I've seen a bunch of customs of these dolls come up on my twitter feed, it seems they have become very popular to customize and look really good. The small size and price point is perfect as well. I think they will increase in popularity from here on out.

Also, does anyone have a good taobao agent? My last one (retired) due to corona and other issues.

Irulazuli

These are so adorable! I will definitely keeping them in mind for future doll purchases 😉

Monty

You can just use a taobao agent instead of using a dealer (which tend to have inflated prices) or using the site directly (which can have problems like what noxxbunny encountered) I get hauls of Taobao stuff all the time using 42agent, because buying the wigs/clothes/eyes from the artists Taobao stores is several times cheaper than what dealers price them as. (Acbjd can be kinda bad about this but moonlightbjd is downright insulting tbh...)

Every time I do another haul I’m tempted to add a blank tinyfox, but I’m still holding off for now until I know more about what’s compatible with them.

Riesz
On 4/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, Noxxbunny said:

Thank you everyone, I hope one day more dealers will pick them up as well. Maybe I'll be ready to try to get another by that point. The whole thing really soured my excitement about them 😢

It was just incredibly frustrating for them to have refused to take payment from Tinyfox and at the same to also refuse to send the doll back to them(because ordering the item back to the seller can OF COURSE only be done through the account of the buyer, makes perfect sense 🙄)

But they came out with a tan skin tone I really wanted (I was actually planning on painting the boy I had ordered into a custom tone anyway) so I hope eventually I can buy one of those dolls.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Were you using the in-house Taobao consolidation warehouse?  The only issues I've run into so far are when items had magnets or liquid glue. I know that there are a lot of restrictions on what can be received and then forwarded.

monkeypizzasonic
14 hours ago, Monty said:

You can just use a taobao agent instead of using a dealer (which tend to have inflated prices) or using the site directly (which can have problems like what noxxbunny encountered) I get hauls of Taobao stuff all the time using 42agent, because buying the wigs/clothes/eyes from the artists Taobao stores is several times cheaper than what dealers price them as. (Acbjd can be kinda bad about this but moonlightbjd is downright insulting tbh...)

Every time I do another haul I’m tempted to add a blank tinyfox, but I’m still holding off for now until I know more about what’s compatible with them.

It would be nice to have an updated Taobao stores/agents thread on the Vendor Links part of the marketplace. Most of the threads seem to be older ones.

If you're worried about compatibility, I can take some pics/measurements of my girl if it'll help. What did you want to know?

Noxxbunny
14 hours ago, Riesz said:

I'm so sorry to hear that! Were you using the in-house Taobao consolidation warehouse?  The only issues I've run into so far are when items had magnets or liquid glue. I know that there are a lot of restrictions on what can be received and then forwarded.

Yes, to my understanding it was the in house one. Their issue was that because my account was frozen, they could not speak to me in any way because they were sternly "we can only talk to the account holder from within the account", even though it was explained to them that it was not possible to do that. They basically brushed it off as not their problem when contacted by Tinyfox.

• Sad 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Monty
8 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

It would be nice to have an updated Taobao stores/agents thread on the Vendor Links part of the marketplace. Most of the threads seem to be older ones.

If you're worried about compatibility, I can take some pics/measurements of my girl if it'll help. What did you want to know?

I was actually looking through the jp tinyfox community on twitter last night and finding out all sorts of things. It seems like they take typical yo size wigs and I saw photos of them wearing Volks yo outfits (fit probably depends on the product due to how chunky Volks Yos are), and did see someone saying that the main issue is that their arms are longer so with long sleeve outfits the sleeve isn’t long enough, but that would be a non issue for short sleeves. 18mm eyes seems to be the go-to as well. 

just gonna post the pics that nearly broke my resolve last night. I think I’m still gonna hold out for a fullset I can’t resist but I want at least two, in the fair skin and tan, and will probably get the tan blank because I have specific plans for it.

• Like 1

Jezrah

@Monty OMG I love those oni kiddos by Mika!  😍 They are really tempting my resolve as well, but since I have several very large expenses coming up I just can't right now. I will still watch for info about buying them, though, since I've never attempted Taobao before.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Selenae

Poking my head in here to gauge interest, but would people like it if I created a post specifically on how to buy TinyFox dolls, and cover what proxies are available? It wouldn't be a how-to on how to use Taobao though, there are plenty of guides for that already.

• Like 6

Orenjiina
36 minutes ago, Selenae said:

Poking my head in here to gauge interest, but would people like it if I created a post specifically on how to buy TinyFox dolls, and cover what proxies are available? It wouldn't be a how-to on how to use Taobao though, there are plenty of guides for that already.

I would definitely like that! :) I kind of struggled with their store. Thank you! 

Bellatrix

Oh my gosh, how did I not know about this company before!

I'd find a guide to get one of this cuties super useful, please! :)

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Riesz
5 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Oh my gosh, how did I not know about this company before!

I'd find a guide to get one of this cuties super useful, please! :)

Here's the shop on Taobao: https://shop182022756.taobao.com/

And here's a guide to Taobao: https://www.howtotao.com/buy-from-taobao/

But you can also buy from dealers or use a shopping agent to buy from Taobao if you don't want to buy direct.

• Like 2

Weltfremd
On 4/14/2021 at 3:44 AM, Riesz said:

Here's the shop on Taobao: https://shop182022756.taobao.com/

And here's a guide to Taobao: https://www.howtotao.com/buy-from-taobao/

But you can also buy from dealers or use a shopping agent to buy from Taobao if you don't want to buy direct.

Ohh! Now I know why I was instantly banned. They don't support germany. Well... I guess time for a VPN just to surf the damn site

• Sad 1

monkeypizzasonic

Okay, I think i do need a Taobao proxy for this. Someone who's ordered direct before - is it possible to get the dolls with just the faceups and not the fullsets? If not, are the fullsets allowed to be sold on the market here?

I really kind of want to get Kuramu and Kurumi and make them little twin demon babies...but I also kinda want Lili-pear because she'd be a good sister for my Songberry...but the cow-twins are very limited on the new-clover site (or the sale price is? idk.) and I can't afford 3 $180 dolls even with layaway right now! Too many other layaways going on! And Kuramu's fullset is the only one I'd absolutely want to keep.

• Like 1

myownlittleworld
2 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Okay, I think i do need a Taobao proxy for this. Someone who's ordered direct before - is it possible to get the dolls with just the faceups and not the fullsets? If not, are the fullsets allowed to be sold on the market here?

I really kind of want to get Kuramu and Kurumi and make them little twin demon babies...but I also kinda want Lili-pear because she'd be a good sister for my Songberry...but the cow-twins are very limited on the new-clover site (or the sale price is? idk.) and I can't afford 3 $180 dolls even with layaway right now! Too many other layaways going on! And Kuramu's fullset is the only one I'd absolutely want to keep.

I have been looking at buying Songberry. I haven’t yet because of the wait time. It says 3-4 months... is that an accurate wait time? 

monkeypizzasonic
4 hours ago, myownlittleworld said:

I have been looking at buying Songberry. I haven’t yet because of the wait time. It says 3-4 months... is that an accurate wait time? 

Probably? I did a 3 month layaway and it took another few weeks after that. Might be faster if you pay it all up front, idk.

(I'm used to doing layaways, so 3-4 months is about average for me anyway...and it's fast compared to some of the resin companies that take 6-8 months or longer *shrug*. I definitely think she's worth the wait.)

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

A few pics from our recent trip to Disney World. 

20210423_135739.jpg

20210423_140155.jpg

• Like 2

myownlittleworld

So cute!!! Thanks for the info. I will put her on my want list. ❤️❤️❤️

monkeypizzasonic

Heads up, ShinesWorkshop is going to start offering custom Tinyfox faceups/dolls.

(I might...already be planning one.)

(I might be planning several, but I'm trying not to get ahead of myself.)

• Like 1