Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

VOLKS USA Summer Festival 2020

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

As for Sailor Jupiter, my hypothesis is that her lack of availability on VolksUSA was probably COVID and shipping difficulty related.

They sold the other three though, and I really think Jupiter was bigger in the US than Sakura is. If they had to pick and choose, it would make more sense to ship her to the USA. It's unfortunate that it worked out the way it did, but hopefully Minako will be available in Japan and the US when she is released.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

sunlightandtea

I guess the clothes and stuff Volks Japan showed off will be coming later this month or next month?

Gabriel

That's ... strange.

Yuriko and Santa Alter have been removed.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

That's ... strange.

Yuriko and Santa Alter have been removed.

Maybe it was a stocking error, or they are being saved for a later event.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Selenae

@SakuraRose @Tira @OccultBeast Ah, thanks. It didn't occur to me that these dolls were old stock that Volks was getting rid of. 😆

Gabriel
21 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I think Alphond has some pictures of Ruler on their Twitter, but you'll need to scroll a bit to find them.

https://twitter.com/Alphond

I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled last night, and I got tired of scrolling.

Anyone else know of any images of Ruler, preferably without her crown thing on?

So far, I have to admit the only reason I like Ruler is for her clothes and wig.

I was starting to consider Santa Alter, but it seems that's off the table.  But do I really need a pale Saber?  The only things I like about the outfit set are the tights and that there's a sword (although I don't really like the particular design of the sword).

Honestly, a second Ranka strikes me as pretty appealing.  Clones!  Clones of Ranka everywhere!  Muahahahahaha!  But I don't really want to order from the JP store.

Edited by Gabriel

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled last night, and I got tired of scrolling.

I'll see if I can find direct links.

Gabriel

Yeah...  That's reinforcing my opinion that all I really want is her outfit, accessories, and wig.  The faceup just doesn't click with me in any way.

And then it goes back to how often would I really have a doll wear that stuff?  Yeah, this is reminding me why I skipped Ruler before.

I guess I'm leaning towards just waiting and hoping for Ranko or Kaede to pop up again.  (Fat chance, right?)

electricalcorvid

Do we know what time on the 13th we should expect the sale to open up? 

dark_dollies

I do like Matoi, though I'm not familiar with the game. She is also one of the more pricey ones of course, I guess because of her complicated outfit and wig? I've exhausted my doll budget for a while unfortunately. 

Mega Negi

Saber is out of stock already. That didn't take long. Miku fist hands, too.

Mega Negi

Luka and Asuna, too. Must not have had very many left.

• Sad 1

Sord
2 hours ago, Mega Negi said:

Saber is out of stock already. That didn't take long. Miku fist hands, too.

Nevermind. I see what you're saying. I just checked the volks usa site itself and I see that the event has started super early! Wow.

Edited by Sord
updated info
  • Like 1

Juxtaposition

The Miku carry bag price is back to the usual $110. I'm still on the fence about getting it. 😅

Gabriel
On 7/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, dark_dollies said:

I do like Matoi, though I'm not familiar with the game. She is also one of the more pricey ones of course, I guess because of her complicated outfit and wig? I've exhausted my doll budget for a while unfortunately. 

I didn't know anything about her or her source game either.  I just thought she looked cool.

Yeah, her high price is because of her outfit.  There's some molded plastic pieces: the boots, the headdress, armguards, and the hip pieces.  Then there's the stuffed pleather (or whatever) of the jacket.  Quite a bit of her stuff is just more ornate than other sets.  She's also a unitorso, so that might have some bearing on the higher price too.

Edit:

Akira and Matoi are still in stock as of 10:16 CDT.  The other dolls are already sold out.

Edited by Gabriel
  • Like 2

jadepixel

Asuna was sold out this morning, but I checked again after getting an email from Volks (around 9am here) and she was back so I snagged her! I'd been looking for only her head since the initial release but it never worked out, so finally gave in and got the fullset even though I really didn't like this story arc or outfit for her 😅

• Like 2

bigpalebluejuice

The same thing happened to me in another event, I was going for Kagamine Len, but the site marked him as sold out. However, when I checked back a few hours later, he was back and I was able to get him! If something you're looking for is marked as sold out, I would definitely check back at a later time or date!

Mega Negi

Luka is back in stock too. weird.

Gabriel

It looks like the Rin Senbonzakura outfit hasn't just sold out, it's been completely delisted from the event.

Asuna and Luka are back after a couple of days of being sold out, though.

geminirose

Thank goodness, my wallet is safe. 

April

I so wish international customers could buy from VolksUSA.  Gutted that my grail Asuna is on there! Does the international store ever do re-releases like this (not been into dollfie for very long so unsure)

Corgi

I caved and bought Akira. I pass on last time and told myself if I see her again I'll buy her. I just didn't expect so soon. Sadly, she still stuck somewhere in California since her tracking number didn't update at all 😭 

Gabriel

Well, I made a valiant attempt to convince myself I really didn't like or want Ruler.  I tried.  I really, really tried.

She arrived yesterday.  She is so cute in person.

I already broke a piece of armor: one of the hands.  The plate on the back of the hand fell off when the hand fell off the table and onto the carpet.  Luckily, it was probably just a case of the part not being properly glued on, and it looks like a dot of superglue will solve the issue.

Those people who have her and managed to get that banner on her spear and get her posed with that thing... I salute you.  The banner is heavier than the doll with all the armor on.  I had problems just getting it to stay tied on to the stick, and the stick was visibly bending under the weight.  I thought Sheryl might play with it, but that flag went back in the box and likely won't ever come back out.

I need to figure out what to name her.  Yvette?  I like, but it doesn't seem right.  Collette?  Hmmm, something doesn't ring right with that one.  Suzette?  I kind of like that one, but I'm not sure.  I know she's an -ette though.  Definitely something-ette.

---

I had an idea on how to introduce her which I sadly won't be doing.  The first photo would have been of her with her body wrapped in bubble wrap or a cloth for modesty saying how happy she was to be here and she knew she'd get along well with the other residents.  Then Altria and Sheryl would come in.  Ruler would say hello but Altria and Sheryl would ignore her and go rummaging through her box.   Then they'd say "we'll take these."  Altria would take Ruler's costume and Sheryl would take the banner, while Ruler sat there with arms extended going "wait".  The next frame would be Ruler sitting there with her box looted saying, "this is not going as I planned."  The last frame would be Altria tossing the crown thing in front of Ruler and saying, "I don't need this.  You can have it back."

• Like 1